A Civil Discourse On Rogues


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 83 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

13 people marked this as a favorite.

Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue?

ROGUE!

Rogue rogue rogue, rogue rogue rogue rogue—rogue rogue rogue—rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue, rogue rogue!

Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rouge rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue.

This has been an abstract textual portrait of my emotional torment surrounding how many f%+%ing rogue threads there are. Had there been a real emergency, this thread would have been followed with another thread explaining something you "never considered before" about the rogue class. That thread would have been followed with the sounds of me using a hammer to drive several rusty nails into my own skull.

Thank you for your patience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled fighter argument, but coming in our next segment: A bard player discusses how all the rogue's class features seem "basically fair" to him.

----

Wow, what an interesting story! I particularly liked it because as I was reading, I was thinking, "You really can't get quality information anywhere other than Kobold Access Broadcasting (KOB)." But this network cannot—cannot—continue without your support.

I know, you don't like these pledge drives. We hate them just as much, but we're almost at our daily goal. Please, call in. We are literally this close to losing our fund


1 person marked this as a favorite.

LOL. Your title definitely fooled me.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Civil discourse on rogues. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Let's see how long it stays civil. I have money on this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

He probably just copied and pasted pH.

I'm with Cap on this one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
pH unbalanced wrote:
I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".

I saw just one of them, unless my eyes deceived me. :)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love rouges ;)

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I like rogues.

PROVOCATION! (Maybe I should throw in a "Kill the blasphemer!" or two.)

Edit: Ninja'd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Damn you KC for ruining such fertile pastures...I was hungry


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I read each rogue to check spelling - I did it just long enough to have them all turn upside down and then backwards-read them as angor!!!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Saving Cap'n Crunch wrote:


Edit: Ninja'd! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because ninjas are better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
knightnday wrote:
Let's see how long it stays civil. I have money on this.

Well, it might end in a few civil suits. Mostly concerning the destruction of property and defamation by carving rude words into people's cars using the skull mounted rusty nails mentioned in the first post.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ninja ninja ninja, ninja ninja. ...Bard bardbard bard bard BARD bard bard bard bard. Investigator investigator investigator, ranger ranger ranger, slayer slayer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Bob Bob Bob wrote:
Ninja ninja ninja, ninja ninja. ...Bard bardbard bard bard BARD bard bard bard bard. Investigator investigator investigator, ranger ranger ranger, slayer slayer.

Dude, don't be rude...alchemist.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Isn't the inquisitor kinda a cleric/rogue? Maybe a cleric/bard, if you look at it more abstractly. I never bought cleric/ranger, though. Not martial enough.

Ooh! Summoner!

pH unbalanced wrote:
I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".

There should be one in there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dude(tte)s.... wizard

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Kobold Cleaver wrote:

Isn't the inquisitor kinda a cleric/rogue? Maybe a cleric/bard, if you look at it more abstractly. I never bought cleric/ranger, though. Not martial enough.

Ooh! Summoner!

pH unbalanced wrote:
I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".
There should be one in there.

Yes. Yes there is.

I'm obviously not a rogue expert like you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I weigh this class and find it lacking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
pH unbalanced wrote:
I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".
There should be one in there.

Number 57.

...what? Just a ctrl+f to find the rouge, and then copy/paste everything up to that point into a word document. Simple stuff.

....also, I want an archetype that is called rouge. Perhaps some seductress/spy archetype. Heck, maybe a religious archetype for calistrians. Maybe make it a slayer archetype so you can say 'I'll play the rouge'.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This seems like a good thread to bust out all the fun aliases.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dissagree strongly


3 people marked this as a favorite.

problems call 1901badwrongfun


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Moe hate, moe hate


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Pokes head out of bushes*wait am I allowed to post here

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

BURNIATE THE DAMN ROUGE

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
baba blackmagic ji wrote:
*Pokes head out of bushes*wait am I allowed to post here

Oh god no, I must report this horrible SPAM


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My head hurts since reading this thread.

All of you, drop and give me twenty!


pH unbalanced wrote:
I am totally impressed that nowhere in that fascinating discussion is the class spelled "rouge".

Check again.

Kobold Cleaver wrote:

Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue?

ROGUE!

Rogue rogue rogue, rogue rogue rogue rogue—rogue rogue rogue—rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue, rogue rogue!

Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rouge rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue. Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue.

This has been an abstract textual portrait of my emotional torment surrounding how many f~#*ing rogue threads there are. Had there been a real emergency, this thread would have been followed with another thread explaining something you "never considered before" about the rogue class. That thread would have been followed with the sounds of me using a hammer to drive several rusty nails into my own skull.

Thank you for your patience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled fighter argument, but coming in our next segment: A bard player discusses how all the rogue's class features seem "basically fair" to him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why I do believe that all this talk of rogues has given me the vapors. I'd better calm myself with a julep on the veranda.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Everything seems to be in order...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Let us look into this rogue thing deeper


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pssssshhhhhtttt Die skum rogue die


5 people marked this as a favorite.

i don't see why any of you have issues with rouge, my DM just gives him a 50 point buy and triple WBL because hes a ROUGE he should be stealing things to make himself better and lol you say he can't hit well you didnt factor flanking did you because that is a rogue class feature too and some of us like to ROLEPLAY not ROLLPLAY so why dont you just back the f#!! up because rouge is FUN and some of us play for that instead of having the highest numbers on some character sheet like all you munchkins


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay, I haven't been on these forums all that long but I'm beginning to wonder if management should just pick a rogue thread and sticky it so that way once every couple weeks when someone is who is new here gets in a twist on how the class is maligned they know straight where to go to vent their angst. Might tidy things up some.


I feel I see a thread asking for help with their healer or their rogue. And I feel it's because those two things don't really work and thus people try to get help to make it work okay.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bard, bard bard bard, dance, baaaaaaaard bard bard.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
chaoseffect wrote:
i don't see why any of you have issues with rouge, my DM just gives him a 50 point buy and triple WBL because hes a ROUGE he should be stealing things to make himself better and lol you say he can't hit well you didnt factor flanking did you because that is a rogue class feature too and some of us like to ROLEPLAY not ROLLPLAY so why dont you just back the f!%& up because rouge is FUN and some of us play for that instead of having the highest numbers on some character sheet like all you munchkins

Even ironically, this induces literal physical pain.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

DualJay I think you should get that looked at.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Brad, layers, nijna, achlemist.....

Really, there are just so many better versions of the rouge.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Brad is just the best. He sings, he dances, he does party tricks...

Is there anything Brad can't do?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ventnor wrote:

Brad is just the best. He sings, he dances, he does party tricks...

Is there anything Brad can't do?

He can't tell why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch!

(oh, wait, never mind. perception as a class skill.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Arachnofiend wrote:
Ventnor wrote:

Brad is just the best. He sings, he dances, he does party tricks...

Is there anything Brad can't do?

He can't tell why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch!

(oh, wait, never mind. perception as a class skill.)

Is it because they can inspire their comrades through music and/or interpretive dance?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Perfect thread for Smurfing . . . .


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Part of me feels like I should flag my own thread as being in the wrong forum.

But I'll wait it out. This thread is just as productive as its peers, after all!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I had a serious comment I wanted to make, but I'm not sure I should...

Eh, why not: I wish there was a rogue archetype that traded in sneak attack for something else. If bard can give up performance, there should be a rogue who isn't packing some brand of backstab.

No, "skirmish" doesn't count.


I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet like numerous other joke threads have been.

Webstore Gninja Minion

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Moved thread.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Buri Reborn wrote:
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet like numerous other joke threads have been.

Why, I have no idea what you are talking about, good sir/madam. This thread was created to have a civil discourse on rogues, and so far this has been the case.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber

Hey! I'm *almost* guy! LOL

(I'm a bard player with a weird powerful rogue desire)

1 to 50 of 83 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / A Civil Discourse On Rogues All Messageboards