Can we have a forum algorithim that replaces swearing with the word "smurf"?


Website Feedback

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think it would be way funnier than just turning it into a bunch of random symbols. "That's smurfed up" just has much better ring to it than "That's *&$%# up".


(Fails Will save)

Hell no! Can't stand those Commie bastards.

Now, being on the xvarts!

Paizo Glitterati Robot

Nope. We have no plans to adjust the filtering system.


Well Smurf! We can just voluntarily replace f!$! with smurf.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Chris Lambertz wrote:
Nope. We have no plans to adjust the filtering system.

If somebody starts a petition to ask Paizo to adjust the filtering system, I'll smurfing sign it.

Edit: Love what you did with the icons, however.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I agree, it would be smurfing awesome!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It would be smurfingly smurfidic... Oh, it's working already...

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

F#@& that s*&%!!!

Shadow Lodge

I'd vote for it.


To the Smurfmobile!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you want to replace your swear words with smurf, just do it. It will probably catch on.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

See, I just *LOVE* the idea of someone trying to swear, and not only do their obscenities change, but so does their icon! Woo hoo!

(And it should be a default, "Angry smurf swearing" icon. I'm sure there are hundreds of those -- it WAS a 1990's kids' cartoon, after all...)


Oh .... smurf.

Scarab Sages

NobodysHome wrote:

See, I just *LOVE* the idea of someone trying to swear, and not only do their obscenities change, but so does their icon! Woo hoo!

(And it should be a default, "Angry smurf swearing" icon. I'm sure there are hundreds of those -- it WAS a 1990's kids' cartoon, after all...)

That does sound pretty f&++ing cool.


Not a good idea.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

g!!%!~n f++$ing a#$$~*+ s+$~ eating f&#@ing smurfs!!!!!!

i must admit, i feel better already!

edit: you do realize every time life pisses me off, i'll be back here surfing it up!
edit2: spell check keeps changing it to "surf" lol


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps Subscriber

Can you smurf the same way you can buffalo ?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I like this idea but, ultimately, it would be better for supposed adults to control themselves better on a board that doesn't allow swearing.


Chris Lambertz wrote:
Nope. We have no plans to adjust the filtering system.

Well, that's smurfed up.


Aberzombie wrote:
Smurf that smurf!!!

How is that not better?


If only there some way to properly summon the smurfold.


SlimGauge wrote:
Can you smurf the same way you can buffalo ?

I imagine one does indeed smurf the same way one can buffalo. Seems to make perfect smurfing sense to me.

Scarab Sages

The Terrible Zodin wrote:
I like this idea but, ultimately, it would be better for supposed adults to control themselves better on a board that doesn't allow swearing.

Good f*+*ing point.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

If the interview technique of a Swedish music journalist who worked for TV back int 90:s is anything to go by, the best way to achieve that would be to remove the filter. Turns out that when you tell Wu Tang Clan or Courtney Love they won't be bleeped, they watch their mouths.

Silver Crusade

Smurfity smurf smurf smurfy SMURF!


Also, pretending it's a real issue, and an important one to boot, that people NOT SAY CERTAIN WORDS... because... uhhh... reasons... is pretty weird. I can understand that various companies comply under threat of lawsuits... but not one bit of that makes it a real, sensible issue. It only shows that in a world as full of serious problems as this one is, some people who could have worked on something better, actually spend their energy preventing other people from SAYING CERTAIN WORDS as if it mattered.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Frankly I'd rather see a system that turns "smurf" into swear words.

Scarab Sages

I support any measure that brings about more smurfs.

Signed,
Not a Smurfy Spy, no Sir

Scarab Sages

Sissyl wrote:
Also, pretending it's a real issue, and an important one to boot, that people NOT SAY CERTAIN WORDS... because... uhhh... reasons... is pretty weird. I can understand that various companies comply under threat of lawsuits... but not one bit of that makes it a real, sensible issue. It only shows that in a world as full of serious problems as this one is, some people who could have worked on something better, actually spend their energy preventing other people from SAYING CERTAIN WORDS as if it mattered.

Holy s~@!! You read my mind!!!


Aberzombie wrote:
Sissyl wrote:
Also, pretending it's a real issue, and an important one to boot, that people NOT SAY CERTAIN WORDS... because... uhhh... reasons... is pretty weird. I can understand that various companies comply under threat of lawsuits... but not one bit of that makes it a real, sensible issue. It only shows that in a world as full of serious problems as this one is, some people who could have worked on something better, actually spend their energy preventing other people from SAYING CERTAIN WORDS as if it mattered.
Holy smurf! You read my mind!!!

I'm totally going to do this from now on.

Scarab Sages

Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Sissyl wrote:
Also, pretending it's a real issue, and an important one to boot, that people NOT SAY CERTAIN WORDS... because... uhhh... reasons... is pretty weird. I can understand that various companies comply under threat of lawsuits... but not one bit of that makes it a real, sensible issue. It only shows that in a world as full of serious problems as this one is, some people who could have worked on something better, actually spend their energy preventing other people from SAYING CERTAIN WORDS as if it mattered.
Holy smurf! You read my mind!!!
I'm totally going to do this from now on.

Ok, but I've got to warn you - sometimes my mind comes up with some pretty disturbing/goofy s*#!. Enter at your own risk.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Some day, possibly in the not-so-distant future, someone will decide that Paizo's use of smurf images is a copyright violation. Then Paizo will have to remove all the smurf images from their database, rendering thousands of smurf posts completely nonsensical.

WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT SMURFS?!?!

Edit: OMG that is the perfect avatar for this post... :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:
Also, pretending it's a real issue, and an important one to boot, that people NOT SAY CERTAIN WORDS... because... uhhh... reasons... is pretty weird. I can understand that various companies comply under threat of lawsuits... but not one bit of that makes it a real, sensible issue.

Why is it not a real, sensible issue? If people started swearing left and right on the message boards, I would feel uncomfortable, and not come back. I suspect I'm not the only one. Why is driving away potential customers and/or community members not a real, sensible issue?


Distant Scholar wrote:
Why is it not a real, sensible issue? If people started swearing left and right on the message boards, I would feel uncomfortable, and not come back. I suspect I'm not the only one. Why is driving away potential customers and/or community members not a real, sensible issue?

I suspect because there is already a profanity filter in place? Not that I can speak for Sissyl, of course.

Paizo Glitterati Robot

We also have a language note in the Community Guidelines. Context is generally really important when we moderate posts for language, and hasn't come up (whole body crossed) as an issue our team has had to deal with often.


You lot are all smurfed in the smurf.


What smurfing smurf replaced my proper smurfing ikon with a smurfing smurph. Smurf the lot of you, and the smurf you rode in on.


Its smurfing happened a -smurfing -gain!!


Watch your smurfing language, you bunch of smurphers, or I'll scrub your smurphy gobs out with smurf and water!


Smurf herders!


You and who's smurfing army, Pulg? You smurf-headed smurf lover.

Smurf, this smurfing thread is a smurf-load of smurfing fun.


Joynt Jezebel wrote:

You and who's smurfing army, Pulg? You smurf-headed smurf lover.

Smurf, this smurfing thread is a smurf-load of smurfing fun.

And to think you smurf your mother with that mouth!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK, now you've got me going. I grabbed my kids' latest Mad Libs book and filled in every blank with the appropriately-conjugated blue term.

I know Paizo frowns on copyright infringement for some reason, so I won't post the results here, but I will say you get some pretty funny smurf!

D'oh! I said it!

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I'd much prefer an algorithm that replaces swear words with the word "Ni!"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Ah crap! I had something for this... S~#$!.... Something... Something smurf


Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I will say I'm glad that currently Paizo isn't going to do this - because the only time I swear is as my NPCs on the PBP boards... and having smurfs show up would really mess with the mood most of the time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fergurg wrote:
Joynt Jezebel wrote:

You and who's smurfing army, Pulg? You smurf-headed smurf lover.

Smurf, this smurfing thread is a smurf-load of smurfing fun.

And to think you smurf your mother with that mouth!

Ewwww...

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:
Fergurg wrote:
Joynt Jezebel wrote:

You and who's smu^fing army, Pulg? You smu^f-headed smu^f lover.

Smu^f, this smu^fing thread is a smu^f-load of smu^fing fun.

And to think you smu^f your mother with that mouth!
Ewwww...

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! *angry wild stamping*


Or do what GameFAQs did, a switchable profanities filter.

problem partly solved.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

What I want to know, is who do we blame the frutaking smurf filter on?
What flarking idiot programmer thought this would be a good idea?

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / Can we have a forum algorithim that replaces swearing with the word "smurf"? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.