Iconic Heroes Set 1


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Got my set today. They look awesome and the cards do too. I am going to have to start a new campaign with one of them so I can use a mini. Awesome job. Looking forward to 5+ more sets of awesomeness.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Thanks for the feedback! I am stoked that people are getting these, as we worked really hard on them to make them as awesome as humanly possible.


How are people getting these? I pre-ordered mine a while back and have since attempted to use the "Ship as soon as possible" option, but nothing ever happens, it just continues to sit in the sidecart.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I got it at my FLGS.


So....how do they compare to the other pathfinder mini's as far as quality an especially paint jobs/details???


I can't speak for how they compare to other Pathfinder minis (this set was my first), but I can speak for the high quality and level of detail. It's pretty amazing they were able to fit this much detail into figures this small at a mass-production scale.

@Raynair, I got them at my FLGS. They were literally just opening the box when I called them last night, and they held it for me till I could get it today.

The cards are also a great addition. I can see uses for each character (two uses for Lini) and will definitely be using them when I can.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Raynair wrote:
How are people getting these? I pre-ordered mine a while back and have since attempted to use the "Ship as soon as possible" option, but nothing ever happens, it just continues to sit in the sidecart.

You might want to drop a message to customer service to see if there is a glitch that is not moving them from your sidecart.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
IIISantosIII wrote:
So....how do they compare to the other pathfinder mini's as far as quality an especially paint jobs/details???

These are my first as well, but I'm very impressed with the detail. I feel like I could get out a magnifying glass and see things I wasn't seeing before, like the subtly of Seoni's tattoo around her eye.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I picked mine up at my FLGS. They are very nice, I'm almost tempted to try to trade in my gnome ranger's wolf for a cat.

Gave the cards to one of our VLs, since I don't play PACG


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I am stoked that people are getting these, as we worked really hard on them to make them as awesome as humanly possible.

They definitely make an awesome upgrade to the card game. If these sell well enough, I hope you can convince WhizKids to do the non-iconic PACCG characters in similar packages.

And I wholeheartedly encourage every PACG player to make sure these sell well enough that Erik can have that conversation with Whiz Kids.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Hawkmoon269 wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I am stoked that people are getting these, as we worked really hard on them to make them as awesome as humanly possible.

They definitely make an awesome upgrade to the card game. If these sell well enough, I hope you can convince WhizKids to do the non-iconic PACCG characters in similar packages.

And I wholeheartedly encourage every PACG player to make sure these sell well enough that Erik can have that conversation with Whiz Kids.

Agreed. I picked my set up at my FLGS and the minis look great and the cards are all very cool. The only problem I have is that the only iconic with a class deck that I really love playing in the card game right now is Lem and not only is he not in the first two sets like the rest of the class deck iconics out so far, but he's not even going to be in set 3. I really hope he's in set 4. If not, please release the Alchemist Class Deck in the next wave and have it out somewhat in time for the Season of the Righteous! Actually, maybe just make new class decks the priority (I'd really like to see what a Monk Class Deck would be like, too). After playing Lem (S&S) as my primary character in Shackles OP and trying at least a few scenarios with all of the other class decks, I'd like to try some new classes.


Hawkmoon269 wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I am stoked that people are getting these, as we worked really hard on them to make them as awesome as humanly possible.

They definitely make an awesome upgrade to the card game. If these sell well enough, I hope you can convince WhizKids to do the non-iconic PACCG characters in similar packages.

And I wholeheartedly encourage every PACG player to make sure these sell well enough that Erik can have that conversation with Whiz Kids.

Takes all the extra 'h's in Hawkmoon's most and has them shot.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Hmmm.... apparently my auto correct is a huge fan of the Philadelphia Phillies, including historical teams from before auto correct existed.

It also one time replaced Droogami with shrooms. That one made less sense.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Hawkmoon269 wrote:

Hmmm.... apparently my auto correct is a huge fan of the Philadelphia Phillies, including historical teams from before auto correct existed.

It also one time replaced Droogami with shrooms. That one made less sense.

Maybe it thought Droogami was a hallucination?

Grand Lodge

I got a set myself this weekend and the minis are outstanding! A lot of detail packed into one small fig. Some of the faces are a little rough, but I think at that scale, that's a hit or miss in a lot of cases.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Uh oh - I got two copies of Sajan's card and none of Seelah's.
Anyone got my helm(and I your weapon) and want to swap? :(

Speaking of Sajans' weapon - is it just me, or it is only barely helpful that he can treat it as a Basic card?
He won't have a weapon slot available to him until he completes a Card-Feat-rewarding scenario, and can only pick up this one if he a) chooses to check that box (instead of, say, another blessing, item, or ally) and b) doesn't have a weapon sitting in the treasure pile from that scenario (and therefore can follow the 'any Basic card' rebuilding rule).


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Iceman wrote:

Speaking of Sajans' weapon - is it just me, or it is only barely helpful that he can treat it as a Basic card?

He won't have a weapon slot available to him until he completes a Card-Feat-rewarding scenario, and can only pick up this one if he a) chooses to check that box (instead of, say, another blessing, item, or ally) and b) doesn't have a weapon sitting in the treasure pile from that scenario (and therefore can follow the 'any Basic card' rebuilding rule).

Yeah, that kind of sucks. But who knows. Maybe Class Deck Sajan will start out with a weapon slot?


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

These minis are fantastic. The detail on the clothes are fantastic!


My Seoni's neck looks really stretched out for some reason. I was going to buy a replacement at my LGS but it looks like that one had the same problem. It's odd because she looked fine in the pictures provided on this site of actual production models. I ended up trying to fix it myself, but ended up ruining a bit of the paint on her shoulder.

That aside, the overall quality is really good. I'm actually pretty shocked considering this is from WizKids, and lately their miniature quality has been lacking.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Seoni's neck does appear a little long. I didn't notice until I read the above post so I don't consider it a huge flaw. My set is very nice. The only major issue is Valeros' face. He has a flash across half of it and the paint for his face seemed somewhat tiny compared to his head, with a different flesh tone circle contrasting the face from the forehead and sides. There is some slight bending to Valeros' and Seelah's swords, but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall very high quality and I look forward to the future sets! Lini is absolutely stunning. The rune details on Seoni really pop and I was surprised by the quality.

As for the cards I like most of them but Sajan's Temple Sword. Four of the cards synergize with their owners' powers well, without being too broken for the early game. The Tankard doesn't synergize with Valeros' powers but is generally useful to him. It would definitely be a useful item for Skull & Shackles. The Temple Sword just doesn't have a place for Sajan, as he can already recharge Blessings on combat checks, already uses his dexterity die for combat, and doesn't start with Weapons in his deck. Yes, it also adds 1d8+1 and magic, but Sajan has good access to magic combat checks (a tier one Power Feat, and the Amulet of Mighty Fists) as well as generally doing well at combat checks. I know trying to represent the Temple Sword was wanted, but the execution just doesn't pan out from what I have seen.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Designer

There are more things in heaven and earth, SenahBirdR, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yes, future versions of Sajan/Monks may be more weapon friendly or the Owner trait might end up with new uses, but from what I am able to judge (RotRL Sajan)I found the Temple Sword very lack luster compared to the other cards which are useful for current iterations of their characters. Even if useful for future characters I am disappointed that any version of Sajan cannot start with his Iconic Boon. An issue I doubt we'll be seeing with future versions of the other Iconics represented in this set. Though I could be misunderstanding how the Owner trait lets characters start with these boons. If so even if the recharge a blessing power is superfluous for RotRL Sajan the +1d8+1 and magic is really useful to start with.

My complaint is pretty minor, and I recognize that. A melee weapon based Sajan would be fun to see in the Card Game. Iconic Heroes Set 1 is a wonderful set and the Iconic Boons are a wonderful addition to the game.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

SenahBirdR wrote:
The only major issue is Valeros' face. He has a flash across half of it...

Just checking: are you sure you're not looking at his scar? See http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/Pathfinder/Pathfinder1_Fighter.jpg .


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
SenahBirdR wrote:
The only major issue is Valeros' face. He has a flash across half of it...
Just checking: are you sure you're not looking at his scar? See http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/Pathfinder/Pathfinder1_Fighter.jpg .

It is angled in the opposite direction from the nose scar of that picture. The bit on my figure goes across the mouth, from the lower left chin to almost his right eye. Really obscures the mouth details as it is more raised than the lips and gives him an orcish muzzle from a right side view. Maybe mine is just a bit thick? It isn't worth replacing the figure over in my opinion.


Raynair wrote:
How are people getting these? I pre-ordered mine a while back and have since attempted to use the "Ship as soon as possible" option, but nothing ever happens, it just continues to sit in the sidecart.

I ordered mine back in Oct and my order is still just showing as "Pending". I guess I should contact Customer Service.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
hfm wrote:
Raynair wrote:
How are people getting these? I pre-ordered mine a while back and have since attempted to use the "Ship as soon as possible" option, but nothing ever happens, it just continues to sit in the sidecart.
I ordered mine back in Oct and my order is still just showing as "Pending". I guess I should contact Customer Service.

I called customer service because I couldn't get my set out of the sidecart and they were super helpful.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / Iconic Heroes Set 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion