Your Ban List


Homebrew and House Rules

201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

I ban Monty Python jokes, cold beer, pizza, pretzels, and most forms of brisket.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I ban FRAKKING TOASTERS!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban humans, and use of the term "toasters" except in reference to an appliance for toasting bread.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've changed my stance.... I ban standardized shipping containers.

Silver Crusade

I ban Leprechauns. They gross me out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I ban banners banning banners who ban banners banning bans of banners who ban bans by banners who've banned bans.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
I ban banners banning banners who ban banners banning bans of banners who ban bans by banners who've banned bans.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well played, SD. Well played.

It's all so obvious, now: to crack down on bullying, we need to stop it at it's source: the bovine menace!

EDIT: Okay, so that's cows, but still: bovine! It's only logical that they share such treasures. EDIT 2: especially since all that violence was actually perpetrated with said fellow bovines as examples of liberty.

Shadow Lodge

I'm sorry, I'm confused.


It's a sentence.

Shadow Lodge

That wasn't what I was confused about.


I'm a goofball.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I ban goofballs. (Look, I'm on topic! :D)


Mythic Tacticslion wrote:
Too late!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I ban goofballs. (Look, I'm on topic! :D)

Alert the media! ;p


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LazarX wrote:
I've changed my stance....

I ban Path of War, including Stances and the rules for changing Stances!

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I ban ALL the things!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmmm, mostly I ban characters with all their appendages intact. Adventurers should loose those pretty frequently given their profession. Also in every game I ban everything on my players first character sheets and make them make new ones with not one thing from the old. This includes gold. For the lulz.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban using precious metals as currency.

"You open the treasure chest and find *rolls* 1232 dollars worth of war bonds."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban attempts to make a Paladin of Asmodeus work by making a Paladin that is a member of the Hellknights order of the Godclaw, which includes banning the leader of the Order of the Godclaw who is a paladin.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban d10's. Only the five platonic solids are suitable for my games.

D3's are currently under review.


Silent Saturn wrote:

I ban d10's. Only the five platonic solids are suitable for my games.

D3's are currently under review.

Yes! If you really want a regular d10 you must play in five dimensions, where only d6s, d10s, and d32s are allowed!


To more seriously answer the original post... if I remember the post right that is...

The only thing I really ban as an admittedly inexperienced DM, is players wanting to play evil characters that intend to backstab the other PCs. So really more the backstabbing of fellow PCs. I don't need the impending drama and harshed mellows.

The rest from the initial list I don't really care about.

Also, I preemptively ban people banning me from banning backstabbing in my campaigns... Ban ban ban ban ban... ban.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban any and all attempts to keep track of location...aside from GM Approved GPS Devices...get yours for only $99.99!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban bans, but not Ban.


5th edition D&D still has no chaotic good or lawful evil. I ban any posting of favorable comparisons or attempts to convert part of Pathfinder to use in 5th edition. If I felt I could report such posts I would.


Silent Saturn wrote:

I ban d10's. Only the five platonic solids are suitable for my games.

D3's are currently under review.

D3's cannot be made "solid" and are really just an interpretation of a D6 anyway.

Dark Archive

Third Mind wrote:

To more seriously answer the original post... if I remember the post right that is...

The only thing I really ban as an admittedly inexperienced DM, is players wanting to play evil characters that intend to backstab the other PCs. So really more the backstabbing of fellow PCs. I don't need the impending drama and harshed mellows.

The rest from the initial list I don't really care about.

Also, I preemptively ban people banning me from banning backstabbing in my campaigns... Ban ban ban ban ban... ban.

I ban players that seem to not understand sarcasm and/or satire. I am a very sarcastic person.

Ironically, I also ban myself since I tend to not catch sarcasm and satire when OTHERS do it.

Sczarni

rainzax wrote:
Silent Saturn wrote:

I ban d10's. Only the five platonic solids are suitable for my games.

D3's are currently under review.

D3's cannot be made "solid" and are really just an interpretation of a D6 anyway.

Or a d12. I've actually see those for sale.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Silent Saturn wrote:
rainzax wrote:
Silent Saturn wrote:

I ban d10's. Only the five platonic solids are suitable for my games.

D3's are currently under review.

D3's cannot be made "solid" and are really just an interpretation of a D6 anyway.

Or a d12. I've actually see those for sale.

"The Dodecalisious is mine!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
born_of_fire wrote:
I ban Bane.

Was getting banned part of your plan?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
137ben wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
This question is kind of cheating
FOUL!!
False-call: the "cheating" is only in presenting it as an either or. For the purpose of the thread - and the rules established herin - it's perfectly legit! ;P

Hence forth, I ban accusations that I have falsly accused anyone else of FOULs!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
137ben wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
137ben wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
This question is kind of cheating
FOUL!!
False-call: the "cheating" is only in presenting it as an either or. For the purpose of the thread - and the rules established herin - it's perfectly legit! ;P
Hence forth, I ban accusations that I have falsly accused anyone else of FOULs!

MALLARD! CHICKEN! TURKEY!

Silver Crusade

I ban Bjork music, but only because I get jealous of her talent.


137ben wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
137ben wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
This question is kind of cheating
FOUL!!
False-call: the "cheating" is only in presenting it as an either or. For the purpose of the thread - and the rules established herin - it's perfectly legit! ;P
Hence forth, I ban accusations that I have falsly accused anyone else of FOULs!

Too late! I've already banned all bans against anything I might do! ;P

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I time-travel ban to before you banned all that, and ban you from doing it! Like the Terminator, only not half as cool.


lucky7 wrote:
I time-travel ban to before you banned all that, and ban you from doing it! Like the Terminator, only not half as cool.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually, I have that covered, too...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I ban cages with graphite bars charged with negative ions. And I also ban you to ask me to help you build it. Fool me once, shame on YOU! Fool me twice- you can't fool me again! Nope, no sirre Bob!

PIE, on the other hand, is a weakness I can never ban! YUMM!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban nothing this time around. I figure I should relax my banning muscles.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban thread necromancy.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber

I ban Summon Monster spells


I ban pc know it alls who expect to train under uber powerful famous npc's because they read all their stats and stories about them. Or fan bans.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lucky7 wrote:
I ban Bjork music, but only because I get jealous of her talent.

You thought you could ban freedom - how Scandinavian of you.

Silver Crusade

I ban shoulder pads.


I ban misplaced topics. Please move this to forum games.
I also ban frivolous flagging, which will get this moved even faster. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Why ban something when you can tax it? Didn't Prohibition teach people anything?

"To boost the British economy I'd tax all foreigners living abroad."
"Bring back hanging and go into rope."
"I'd reintroduce flogging... every Thursday, round at my place."
--Monty Python, City Gents vox pops--


2 people marked this as a favorite.

To make the books more readable for my friends, I banned every other word of the CRB for our first game.

Haven't played since, this rules system is broken as all hell, down to basic syntax. I don't know where Paizo makes their money, but I'm willing to bet they are all diamond smugglers.


Calybos1 wrote:

Why ban something when you can tax it? Didn't Prohibition teach people anything?

"To boost the British economy I'd tax all foreigners living abroad."
"Bring back hanging and go into rope."
"I'd reintroduce flogging... every Thursday, round at my place."
--Monty Python, City Gents vox pops--

I ban untaxed feats. Any feat chain consisting of less than 5 feats is a heinous insult to the state, and taking consecutive feats in a chain is compulsory. Adding Strength to damage is considered tax evasion, as is making a Will saving throw (if and only if the thrower does not have a caster level.)

Sczarni

When my group complained about the martial/caster disparity, I considered banning 9th-level spells, but the people who play casters complained. As a compromise, I banned every 9th spell in each book's alphabetical list.

There's now a pretty noticeable gap between Summon Monster III and V, but otherwise it works pretty well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I ban smoking classes, characters, and anything else that uses cigarettes, cigars, or pipes that use some sort of tobacco. My pony character on twitter sneezes sticky yellow glitter on smokers.

201 to 250 of 253 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Your Ban List All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.