PFO is to Pathfinder what 4ED is to 3.5 D&D


Pathfinder Online

Goblin Squad Member

PFO is to Pathfinder what 4ED is to 3.5 D&D. I understand the resoning for this regarding the open game licence and digital content. I was just pissed off enough to state the obvious after dying several times tonight due to my sh%^y spells and the amazing logic of my character defaulting to walk as a first response to the end of his equally stupid rooting timer. Wonderfully it's almost impossible to discern if I am running or walking slowly due to some effect so I inevitably hit the button again because even after triggering energetic feild it sure don'[t look like im running yet OOOPS I was running oh again. WOW this game is actually the low point of my day and 350$ later I have some idiot hope that I will some how be able to enjoy this. First you give the "glass cannon class" the weakest dps in game then you root me then you destroy my ability to run away energetic field because other classes are abusing it as a fast travel then you ruin my AOE spell(and lets face it there was only one if were honest). So yeah there ya go you fkn 4ED'd Pathfinder Congrats team. I figured you of all people would have a clue that people liked 3.5 because of the class DIFFERENCES In direction role and dynamic.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's nice dear.

Spoiler:
Can we try and not have another edition war thread please?

Goblin Squad Member

I'd love to hear about your tabletop adventures of slaying ogres by spamming acid cantrips. Personally I found Fireballs to be more effective at it in both games.

I could resist laughing if the comparison were PFO to Pathfinder as Neverwinter is to D&D, but the one selected may as well be bacon:pig as chicken:sausage. They're all edible.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kyutaru wrote:

I'd love to hear about your tabletop adventures of slaying ogres by spamming acid cantrips. Personally I found Fireballs to be more effective at it in both games.

I could resist laughing if the comparison were PFO to Pathfinder as Neverwinter is to D&D, but the one selected may as well be bacon:pig as chicken:sausage. They're all edible.

Id love to be alphenzoghtaeb gibbering blonks cus merky bus wing wing nope I go ham n chew aright table oscillatory cup ya bawls

Goblin Squad Member

Have you got the box that the game came in?

Goblin Squad Member

PFO put Pyronous Rath's face in the grass.

Pyronous is mad.

Nothing to see here, move along.

EDIT for Carbon: PFO > Pathfinder

Goblin Squad Member

If you quit after getting your stupid grass over other things I wanted first, I will destroy you.

Goblin Squad Member

PFO is an MMO set in Golarion.

It is not attempting to simulate the tabletop experience in a virtual format.

That statement, plus a reminder that we are in year 2 of a 5 year process can answer 95% of your rant. The other 5% are personal preferences that are not universally shared.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pyronous Rath wrote:
Id love to be alphenzoghtaeb gibbering blonks cus merky bus wing wing nope I go ham n chew aright table oscillatory cup ya bawls

Any other forum moderators (not specifically here at the Paizo forums, just in general) think that looks a lot like the gibberish spammers put in their spam posts? It made me laugh :)

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I believe "oscillatory cup ya bawls" is a dish served by goblins? They can't pronounce oscillatory, of course, so just say "ox kill a toy" instead.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

To the OP:
Sell your account to someone who will enjoy the game.
win/win.

Goblin Squad Member

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't want to make light of your pain, because it's real and understandable, but is the suddenness of your frustration because you finally looked up after weeks of being mesmerized by the grass?

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Hmm... maybe it's the Emerald Spirit? Sounds like drunk-talking to me!

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

When you rage quit, can I have your account?

Ronyel/Leynor, AGC

Paizo Glitterati Robot

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Locking thread. Read our Community Guidelines before posting.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / PFO is to Pathfinder what 4ED is to 3.5 D&D All Messageboards
Recent threads in Pathfinder Online