5000 Years of Rain of Stars? Wouldn't it make more sense after Aroden's Demise?


Iron Gods

51 to 61 of 61 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lord Fyre wrote:
Yakman wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Yakman wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Misroi wrote:
Hey, I think we did pretty good for our first outing with the Tech rules. I know The Powers That Be were holding their breaths hoping the response for the AP would be good, but now that it's done, and they can reflect on the sales numbers, there might be some Numerian influences spreading to APs down the line...
Or, better yet, how about a parallel "Space Opera" line?

no. but a space opera AP could be pretty sweet. i'd pay $$$$$ for a big set of space opera rules HINT HINT HINT

put more directly:

Paizo SpellJammer Rules = Yakman $$$$$$

Make it happen JJ.

Pathfinder compatible Space Opera rules already exist. But they need more adventure support.

Another option is the Santiago AP. Unfortunately, it follow the book at little too closely (and needs to come out a little faster).

Though, I agree that something official would be completely awesome!

i have the IT CAME FROM THE SKIES guide by Zombie Sky Press, which is just dandy

but it's missing something that I can't quite put my finger on (it's the utterly ridiculous neogi).

Looks like it needs more adventure support.

Still, it is not "tech" enough for me.

no, it's an homage to spelljammer.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Yakman wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Misroi wrote:
Hey, I think we did pretty good for our first outing with the Tech rules. I know The Powers That Be were holding their breaths hoping the response for the AP would be good, but now that it's done, and they can reflect on the sales numbers, there might be some Numerian influences spreading to APs down the line...
Or, better yet, how about a parallel "Space Opera" line?

no. but a space opera AP could be pretty sweet. i'd pay $$$$$ for a big set of space opera rules HINT HINT HINT

put more directly:

Paizo SpellJammer Rules = Yakman $$$$$$

Make it happen JJ.

You're asking the wrong person. Spelljammer is my least favorite D&D setting, and even if it were my favorite, I'm not eager to leave Golarion anytime soon. Sorry!

Glad folks ended up liking the tech rules though! That's certainly a step TOWARD us doing more of these in the future, and having worked on these particular gizmos for a decade, it's pretty delightful seeing them both in print and well-received! :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

oh well. just going to keep buying the rest of your stuff... :-(


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Yakman wrote:
How are these fluids still leaking, etc.?
They may not (I'd argue have not) have been leaking for the entire period of time. More than likely, many of these breakdowns and leaks are relatively recent- the inevitable result of time and decay on even super-strong and futuristic compounds and metals. Reactors that finally give out, etc.

I was thinking about the fluids. (What a weird sentence). While Cthulhudrew's idea is a perfectly reasonable one, consider this: Divinity, along with Androffan technology in general, does a lot of auto-recycling. Robots process new bullets out of scrap metal, water scrubbers provide fresh water throughout Divinity, etc.

What if the assorted ship pieces throughout the land include automated systems that synthesize new Numerian fluids from whatever happens to be in the environment? That could explain how the're still dripping after all this time. And because those same systems have started to degrade, coupled with the fact that they are forced to make due with whatever material is nearby, it's no surprise that there's a huge variability in what the fluids do when you (ugh) drink them.


My take on it all is that the inside of the Silver Mount is a patchwork of maintenance robots working off garbled instructions, defense systems and whatever happens to have set up shop in there over the centuries, all of it working at odds with all the others.


^And presumably that would be one of the things that the big AI would want to impose order on. I don't have Iron Gods, so not sure if you actually get to see that.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

about that

:
its just using the remaining ship resources so it can launch itself into orbit to achieve true divinity and crush free will beneath its metallic heel


1 person marked this as a favorite.

With respect to "not building things to last" I can recall reading about 'The Race' in Harry Turtledove's Alternate Earth series. One of the things that kept getting repeated throughout the book was how careful and long lasting all their machines were and how much of a shock that was to us. Conversely, they were amazed that we were able to advance as far as we did with such slipshod devices.

I find a good rule of thumb is that technology lasts "for about as long as you need it". Which is why computers only last a few years (you're going to upgrade anyways) but I still have a bunch of my grandfather's hand tools.


captain yesterday wrote:
about that ** spoiler omitted **

True enough, but certain intermediate steps are needed along the way . . . .


4 people marked this as a favorite.
hewhocaves wrote:
With respect to "not building things to last" I can recall reading about 'The Race' in Harry Turtledove's Alternate Earth series. One of the things that kept getting repeated throughout the book was how careful and long lasting all their machines were and how much of a shock that was to us. Conversely, they were amazed that we were able to advance as far as we did with such slipshod devices.

It never ceases to amaze me how some of the most durable and longest lasting testaments to human achievement were things that were created centuries and even millennia ago with far less sophisticated tools, technology, and processes than we utilize today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cthulhudrew wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how some of the most durable and longest lasting testaments to human achievement were things that were created centuries and even millennia ago with far less sophisticated tools, technology, and processes than we utilize today.

Two of my favorites are Roman concrete and the Iron Pillar.

51 to 61 of 61 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Iron Gods / 5000 Years of Rain of Stars? Wouldn't it make more sense after Aroden's Demise? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Iron Gods