Golgotha acts to combat gankers plaguing new player city


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

7 people marked this as a favorite.

This afternoon it was brought to the attention of Golgotha that the company SENSOU was killing new players in the hexes surrounding Marchmont. Wasting no time, a party was formed to combat the bloodthirsty mercinaries. There were several battles, all resulting in victory for the Golgothan forces and a strong message sent- that no blatant aggression towards new players would be tolerated.

http://postimg.org/image/dhqpdh7xp/

Golgotha is a settlement that strives to be principled villains, which means rooting out imcompatable or unprincipaled evildoers within it's influence, and ganking new players in certainly lowly behavior.

If you're interested in learning more about Golgotha, visit Xeilias.com.

Golgotha
"Through strength of arms we bring peace"

Goblin Squad Member

I was under the impression that SENSOU was a mercenary guild with a strong background against botting, and having been finding Botters in the starter settlements killing them so new players have a place to farm. SENSOU, any of you guys want to comment?

Goblin Squad Member

...

I might just like ya'll if I keep seeing such behavior.

...strange.

Goblin Squad Member

I'm sad I wasn't there to help rip out their foul hearts.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So proud. *single tear*

Goblin Squad Member

I'm speechless


Actually, I've heard our guys on voice comms organizing to do attitude adjustment on Marchmont bullies several times this week.

Goblin Squad Member

Will some of you fine folks come down to Keeper's Pass and help us uphold our law of non-aggression?

;^)


That's our 2nd favorite starter settlement. :-)

Goblin Squad Member

But wait.... Everyone knows the Red Shirts are supposed to die!!

Oh.... Wrong game.... Nvm.

Goblin Squad Member

Bluddwolf wrote:

But wait.... Everyone knows the Red Shirts are supposed to die!!

Oh.... Wrong game.... Nvm.

So dye your armor red. Then everyone will be sure to target you first.

Goblin Squad Member

Kyutaru wrote:
Bluddwolf wrote:

But wait.... Everyone knows the Red Shirts are supposed to die!!

Oh.... Wrong game.... Nvm.

So dye your armor red. Then everyone will be sure to target you first.

Actually we use primary = black; secondary = red. Unfortunately the black is really more of a dark brown.

Goblin Squad Member

Oh yippee, Darth Maul colors. That's even more likely to die first. To a Padawan.

Goblin Squad Member

So which is it: Golgatha killed the group who stopped the people who were botting (which I believe is against the TOS?) or Golgatha killed a bunch of low-life Gankers?

Goblin Squad Member

Golgothans killed lowbie gankers. It was confirmed that some of the people being slaughtered were there, actively (manually) farming goblins and even tried to move spots assuming they wondered into a groups farming zone.


May Asmodeus praise the the Golgothans...


Grim Onyxheart wrote:

This afternoon it was brought to the attention of Golgotha that the company SENSOU was killing new players in the hexes surrounding Marchmont. Wasting no time, a party was formed to combat the bloodthirsty mercinaries. There were several battles, all resulting in victory for the Golgothan forces and a strong message sent- that no blatant aggression towards new players would be tolerated.

http://postimg.org/image/dhqpdh7xp/

Golgotha is a settlement that strives to be principled villains, which means rooting out imcompatable or unprincipaled evildoers within it's influence, and ganking new players in certainly lowly behavior.

If you're interested in learning more about Golgotha, visit Xeilias.com.

Golgotha
"Through strength of arms we bring peace"

Hello!!

A bit about me first I have been playing the game for about a week now, I am playing solo and am based out of Marchmont. I know the SENSOU lads because they have killed me a few times already lol, i started chatting to them since this in /w.

Now this is my first post and i feel compelled to post as i was present yesterday evening and witnessed some of the fighting, your post is way off the mark!

I was mining two hexs south of marchmont and came across two little 2v2 fights SENSOU vs random guys i thought. I watched for a bit as the SENSOU lads killed and i made off to avoid any conflict, i am a crafter.

A little while later within the same hex i came across the tower and heard lots of buffing up noises. I found 3 SENSOU guys, they clocked me made towards got close and retracted, i said hi to Orley in /w and he said best i move off as a gimp train was incoming lol.

I didnt, i stayed, quite literally after the chat i watched as 5/6 players chased down a running mage. I lol literally at my computer, the SENSOU guys crack me up. So i guess they were regrouping at the tower. It all went down pretty quickly. The mage went down rapidly so with 5/6 vs 3 i expected them to get wiped quickly. Again i lol as one of the SENSOU guys name starts with a W fought 1 vs 2 and got away, i saw another SENSOU player go down under the pressure however the third, pretty sure this was Orley pulled a player away getting away himself only to observe the chasing player come running back with 1/4 hp and Orley from SENSOU after him i lol AGAIN! From what i observered only 2 SENSOU players died which inpressed me as i anticipated them wiping due to numbers, i certainly didnt think they would get away,especially after charging in.

I retuned to Marchmont to bank only to find SENSOU lads running around solo being chased by 2/3 players each.

Now i know how these guys roll, they are territorial as Orley explained to me before in /w, when they killed me before it was not personal, i was in their space, I have played Darkfall so understand their mindset, i witness then regularly killing macroers which makes me lol as well.

Im sure they can speak for themselves but i can tell you from experience they dont focus on new players at all, however if in their space you take a chance, they are not griefers. I would have joined them by now already if i could but im all craft and they are very good pvpers which i am not!


@Nordy

I can't imagine the devs are going to approve of *that* kind of "territorial" behavior.

Saying they don't "focus" on new players doesn't mean they don't attack new players.

The devs have been pretty darn specific that they want us to allow new players to have a chance to learn the game.

I think it would be a huge mistake for any group to have territorial aspirations about starter towns unless that territoriality is all about PROTECTING NEW PLAYERS.

Otherwise, they're just asking for bans.

Goblin Squad Member

Midnight you just have to know that most people will find everything we do to be bad. We could run around making it so the starting goblins had 1 hp so the guys with clubs would have an easy time and someone would still b!@+* about it.

Goblin Squad Member

Hmm, while I'd certainly want to hear SENSOU's perspective, if they are indeed staking out claims on hexes right next to a starter settlement and then killing anyone that comes into "their" territory, I support Golgotha, or any other group, running them off.

There are plenty of settlements around the map, some of them empty. Move to one of those and claim it as your own if you want. Perhaps a majority of settlements could agree to some radius around starter settlements that is off-limits to organized territorial claims.


It is clear to anyone with an hour's worth of play that the tutorial goblins are for new players.

I'd argue that the 6 hexes surrounding Marchmont are also for new players, (where they have to learn what they can and can't solo) with enough entertainment for groups to learn to be groups.

Once you get a second hex from Marchmont, (at least in some directions) you get big knots of ogres and such and it obviously ISN'T new player land.

I'm not sure if all starter settlements are like Marchmont in what surrounds them.

The difficult thing is in telling who is a "new player trying to learn the game". Heck, I still consider myself a new player in many roles of this game. My highest class is level 2, IIRC.

I'm a stone cold killer when it comes to gathering, tower PvP, and doing escalations in groups because that's what my mates have swept me into. But I basically push the same 4 buttons for the same 4 feats every day.

I probably can't solo pull 2 bandits & an alpha dog and survive it, yet. I have a lot to learn once I choose a class and start to PvE for class achievements.

Goblin Squad Member

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I would be happier if the Thornguards instantly responded to Aggressors in starter towns and the adjacent NPC hexes. Since that's not in yet, I'm glad Golgotha is stepping up.

Goblin Squad Member

KotC - Erian El'ranelen wrote:

Hmm, while I'd certainly want to hear SENSOU's perspective, if they are indeed staking out claims on hexes right next to a starter settlement and then killing anyone that comes into "their" territory, I support Golgotha, or any other group, running them off.

There are plenty of settlements around the map, some of them empty. Move to one of those and claim it as your own if you want. Perhaps a majority of settlements could agree to some radius around starter settlements that is off-limits to organized territorial claims.

I agree if they want territory control they most do it away from the starter settlements as they will be making it hard for new players to get into the game and give them a bad impression of the game.

They could use one of the abandoned/inactive settlements until the settlement becomes active again or recycled.

Midnight of Golgotha wrote:

It is clear to anyone with an hour's worth of play that the tutorial goblins are for new players.

I'd argue that the 6 hexes surrounding Marchmont are also for new players, (where they have to learn what they can and can't solo) with enough entertainment for groups to learn to be groups.

Once you get a second hex from Marchmont, (at least in some directions) you get big knots of ogres and such and it obviously ISN'T new player land.

I'm not sure if all starter settlements are like Marchmont in what surrounds them.
....

I agree with Midnight on this, and I believe most if not all starter settlements have it's adjacent 6 for new players.

And would not want anyone to do absolute territory control on those adjacent 6 hexes since it hurts newcomers and gives a bad impression to them.


I think folks have taken my use of the word territorial and taken it out of context. Also i have no representation of SENSOU, i just wanted to share my observations of what i witnessed last night, it was very funny and nothing like portrayed.

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
I would be happier if the Thornguards instantly responded to Aggressors in starter towns and the adjacent NPC hexes. Since that's not in yet, I'm glad Golgotha is stepping up.

Ouch, I have been testing some spells on myself, and have been red in startertowns quit often because of that. I actually almost clubbed myself to death once. I am still wondering how I ever got my own arrow in my chest though.

Goblin Squad Member

I don't mean to take your words out of context, Nordy, nor certainly claim you represent SENSOU. So, no worries there.

I am more looking to a future agreement the settlements might hold wherein we all agree Starter Settlements are vital "free zones" for all players and so work to push off any squatters. I believe the adjacent 6 hexes as suggested is likely an appropriate starting point. This is not in any way a "no PvP" zone. That's part of the game. Rather, if we notice a group truly taking over a hex for their own ends adjacent to a starting point, we run them off to find more appropriate places.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

That is a great idea and I will take it under consideration.

(not a real response just a bit of an inside golgothan joke)

Goblin Squad Member

Gol Phyllain wrote:

That is a great idea and I will take it under consideration.

(not a real response just a bit of an inside golgothan joke)

Sounds a bit like "I'll get right on that".


@Nordi, correct observation.
@TEO Cheatle BOT = bad.
@Grim, lolz I played 1 week only! suggest you tell your boys to buy new underpants. Please supply list of your team mates. Full loots starts tomorrow!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thank you for the Introduction Chidar and eloquently delivered!

Nordy thanks for your unbiased appraisal of last nights fun, which it was, fun!

Golgotha is full of exploiting macroers, we regularly kill you, and will continue to do so. To be clear we are at War with you, we despise your cheating antics, your members will die at every given opportunity.

Tomorrow evening you will be available to be looted, we have your macro locations wp'd, war is coming!

SENSOU is Recruiting PvP players

Goblin Squad Member

lol

Goblin Squad Member

yeah, dem Gogoblah noobeez is always eetin kittunz an kickin puppeez! An dem is horribul at fitin! Dem all gunna git bashd flat, jus you wayt!

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well then, a War between SENSOU and Golgotha is certainly another thing entirely.

So to note, as long as an organized group is not trying to dominate a hex around a Starter Settlement, I have no side in the fight. Well, unless you lot should care to engage my services as a mediator to achieve a non-violent solution to conflict. Given the sound of things, I'm not going to hang my hat on that happening...

Goblin Squad Member

Hmm. An interesting set of events. I am afraid I lack enough information to make an appropriate judgement, but I feel I may be leaning in support of Golgotha with this one thus far.

Goblin Squad Member

The next time I feel the need to pay attention to flies I will pay attention to your threat Atome.

You made me chuckle, when you evolve from a fly into mosquito I will grant you the mercy of a swift death.


Lord Regent: Deacon Wulf wrote:

The next time I feel the need to pay attention to flies I will pay attention to your threat Atome.

You made me chuckle, when you evolve from a fly into mosquito I will grant you the mercy of a swift death.

Threat? No threat, read my post, as I write this the team are gathering resources after spending an hour or so killing Golgotha members. It will continue once we have finished our gathering and we shall return to harvesting Golgotha members.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The only thing I want to know is, when you harvest golgothans (sp?) do they drop tears automatically in your inventory?

Goblin Squad Member

5 people marked this as a favorite.

We're like cheap pinatas- one good hit and candy goes everywhere.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I lol'd.

It's a toss up for my favorite forumites, but you're in the running:

- Midknight
- Gurrsack
- Pyroless Bath

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

Guurzak wrote:
We're like cheap pinatas- one good hit and candy goes everywhere.

But they wanted tears not sweets ...

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Atome wrote:

Thank you for the Introduction Chidar and eloquently delivered!

Nordy thanks for your unbiased appraisal of last nights fun, which it was, fun!

Golgotha is full of exploiting macroers, we regularly kill you, and will continue to do so. To be clear we are at War with you, we despise your cheating antics, your members will die at every given opportunity.

Tomorrow evening you will be available to be looted, we have your macro locations wp'd, war is coming!

SENSOU is Recruiting PvP players

We do not endorse nor participate in macroing, but that is not why we attacked and defeated you. It was your harassment of new players. If you continue to prey on new players like this, we'll be the least of your worries, I suggest you adjust your strategy.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Thod wrote:
Guurzak wrote:
We're like cheap pinatas- one good hit and candy goes everywhere.
But they wanted tears not sweets ...

Ah, but you forget the phrase "Sweet, sweet tears."


The funnest thing about when they get the perma-banned for griefing newbies will be that everyone in the game this month has at least $100 into the game.

I can only hope they bought stuff like taverns, too. :-)

Goblin Squad Member

This guy is so misinformed he makes The Onion look honest.

Goblin Squad Member

Midnight, they're super cereal! They're gunna farm us like they farmed us today! How dare 1 or 2 of my Golgothans die while doing last minute naked runs for stuff from one bank to another!


To quote the main man, Mr Dancey - Human's are the best content!

Goblin Squad Member

Gol Tigari wrote:
Midnight, they're super cereal! They're gunna farm us like they farmed us today! How dare 1 or 2 of my Golgothans die while doing last minute naked runs for stuff from one bank to another!

Was it your crafting alt, or your 1000 xp longbow throwaway?

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Finally! People are seeing those damn dirty Golgothans for what they are. I've been trying to tell you people for a year and a half!

Wait...

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask: Is Gol a title prefix, like Sir or Darth? If not, it should be.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.
KarlBob wrote:
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask: Is Gol a title prefix, like Sir or Darth? If not, it should be.

This alone would cause a desire to see Golgotha last a long, long time just to have a bit of PF lore inspired from within PFO.

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Golgotha acts to combat gankers plaguing new player city All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.