Agent Carter


Television

151 to 200 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Chris Mortika wrote:
Quote:


Some hint as to whom Carter marries: by Word of God, yes, although I'm not sure how that's going to be squeezed in.
Oh, by the love of all that's blue, may that not be Jarvis.

Considering Jarvis is happily married and there's a recording of Peggy in CA:TWS where she says Steve saved her future husband, I find that unlikely.


Ya know, it is fully possible that no one introduced this season is meant to be a future love interest.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

MMCJawa, from the show-runners, that's something we will see.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I kind of wish it wasn't. We almost made a full series without them randomly shoving a love interest at a female main character on network TV...going the entire distance would probably be unprecedented.

Besides, who really gives a s*@$? I mean, is your life gonna be any more fulfilled by knowing that a fictional character got married to another fictional character that got the briefest of mentions? Does that, at the end of the day, really add ANYTHING to Agent Carter (the show)?

The Exchange

Kthulhu wrote:


Besides, who really gives a s+$!? I mean, is your life gonna be any more fulfilled by knowing that a fictional character got married to another fictional character that got the briefest of mentions? Does that, at the end of the day, really add ANYTHING to Agent Carter (the show)?

Weird question to ask here... if you care about the story and the character then you are likely to care about details such as who the character falls in love with. It's as true for Carter as it is for any other character. If you think that being interested in details about fictional characters is not interesting/fulfilling, what exactly are you doing in a forum run by a roleplaying game company discussing a superhero TV show?


If they are going to include a romantic interest for Peggy then I would certainly hope they would spend more than a matter of minutes on it; and that is all that they really have to do so in the one episode they have left.


Based on the way they were looking at each other, is it possible her husband is/was/will be Dum Dum Dugan?

Scarab Sages

GregH wrote:
Based on the way they were looking at each other, is it possible her husband is/was/will be Dum Dum Dugan?

That would be awesome!


GregH wrote:
Based on the way they were looking at each other, is it possible her husband is/was/will be Dum Dum Dugan?

Dugan was in the Pacific theater and I'm not sure Cap ever was.

Sousa is the only character introduced so far that makes sense with the Cap saving him reference from Winter Soldier, since we don't know how he got his war injury, and they have shown him crushing on her pretty much every episode. He also seems to be one of the few people Peggy fully respects working with.

Edit: with that said, I personally do not like the Peggy-Sousa match up. It is a little too Mary Sue to me, despite how much I love that actor for his performance in Dollhouse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dum Dum Dugan was in the Hydra POW camp when Cap rescued him in First Avenger.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Caineach wrote:
Edit: with that said, I personally do not like the Peggy-Sousa match up. It is a little too Mary Sue to me, despite how much I love that actor for his performance in Dollhouse.

I personally don't like a Peggy Carter match up. There are too few episodes to waste time on this.

Dark Archive

Lord Fyre wrote:
I personally don't like a Peggy Carter match up. There are too few episodes to waste time on this.

If they don't tie her life up with a bow in the final episode, it leaves room for future segments, such as another eight episode run next year during the Agents of SHIELD winter break.

No reason to shut all the doors, after all. She could have had many years of adventures as a founder of SHIELD before settling down, and I for one am not watching Agent Carter to find out who she plays housewife with or the exciting adventures of her learning how to cook and sew and vacuum floors.


GregH wrote:
Dum Dum Dugan was in the Hydra POW camp when Cap rescued him in First Avenger.

Your right. I was thinking of, different character, Jack Thompson, who in the last episode was eyeing her quite a bit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Set wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
I personally don't like a Peggy Carter match up. There are too few episodes to waste time on this.

If they don't tie her life up with a bow in the final episode, it leaves room for future segments, such as another eight episode run next year during the Agents of SHIELD winter break.

No reason to shut all the doors, after all. She could have had many years of adventures as a founder of SHIELD before settling down, and I for one am not watching Agent Carter to find out who she plays housewife with or the exciting adventures of her learning how to cook and sew and vacuum floors.

What makes you think she would choose a man who would make her do any of those things?

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
I personally don't like a Peggy Carter match up. There are too few episodes to waste time on this.

There's exactly ONE episode left. And I agree. Again, do people really think they'd feel the need to shoehorn in a random romance subplot if the main character were a male?

The Exchange

Kthulhu wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
I personally don't like a Peggy Carter match up. There are too few episodes to waste time on this.
There's exactly ONE episode left. And I agree. Again, do people really think they'd feel the need to shoehorn in a random romance subplot if the main character were a male?

The romance subplot has been hinted at in other places, so it is not entirely random. We can't know yet but I suspect there wouldn't be a romantic subplot in the one remaining episode - that is something that will be left for future seasons or, possibly, never addressed fully.

But, regardless of the sex of the lead character, most TV shows have romantic subplots. Agent Carter is actually an exception to the rule here.


Just saw the final show. I hope they do this again next year. I love the last scene.


Agree Kretzer.
The series started as just OK to me, but I was fully on board by the end.

And yes I think they handled everything in the last episode well, including any romance that might be there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Loved the series, want more.
At the expense of AoS, if need be.


Great ending to the series, though I can't wait for AoS return.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Amazing end to the series. Amazing. And

Spoiler:
Toby Jones

Scarab Sages

That was enjoyable.

Spoiler:
Interesting to see that Howard's big dream would be to find Captain America. Ties in a bit to some stuff from the movies, as I recall. And it was cool to see so much of Tony written into the character. Or vice versa.

I was a bit underwhelmed with the final fight between Dottie and Peggy. Although I did love Dottie going out the window. The scene with Doc Faustus and the two agents was well done, however. Loved the ear plugs.

And that final scene in the cell - WOOT!!! Good evening, Dr. Zola! Shall we begin Hydra's rebirth now?

The Exchange

After a couple of excellent episodes, I feel like this one was really only OK. It did do a very nice job of finishing all the various character arks that have been developing along with the series.

Spoiler:
I was annoyed that Carter didn't just shoot Dottie in the back when she had the chance. I guess I might just be spoiled by Coulson, who's done that twice already in AoS.

So, this was an awesome season, all in all, and I'm glad I watched it. I would appreciate another season detailing Carter's early days as a founding member of SHIELD, though, which is what I originally thought this series would be about. It could have been a nice parallel to see Coulson and Carter both struggle in their own way to lift SHIELD off the ground.

Scarab Sages

Oh yeah, there was that...

Spoiler:
For those few moments she was standing outside the office, I kept yelling at the TV to just shoot both of them.

Otherwise, you're just not paying attention to the "Don't let him start talking to you" advice.


I really did not like the handling of "hypnotism" in this show. Faustus has no superhuman powers, and they would have been required to achieve some of the effects he did (or attempted) here.

Yes, comic-book Faustus is able to make others do things very much against their natures, but he depends on gadgets, chemicals, disguised henchman/androids and such to pull it off, and it takes time.

He did have some time with Chief Dooley. But believing he could, in a few seconds and with nothing but the sound of his voice, convince Sousa to shoot Thompson? Beyond ridiculous. It smacks of the Mad Hatter's "super instant mesmerizer" in the '60s Batman show.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Damon Griffin wrote:

I really did not like the handling of "hypnotism" in this show. Faustus has no superhuman powers, and they would have been required to achieve some of the effects he did (or attempted) here.

Yes, comic-book Faustus is able to make others do things very much against their natures, but he depends on gadgets, chemicals, disguised henchman/androids and such to pull it off, and it takes time.

He did have some time with Chief Dooley. But believing he could, in a few seconds and with nothing but the sound of his voice, convince Sousa to shoot Thompson? Beyond ridiculous. It smacks of the Mad Hatter's "super instant mesmerizer" in the '60s Batman show.

But he didn't, right? Sousa was just pretending to hear him.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, the MCU has always been butchering every fields of science it ever touched. Just in this show we have also seen a really dumb representation of cryptography, and in Agents of Shield the physics of Fitzsimmons are often outright laughable. You learn to accept these things.


Lord Snow wrote:
But he didn't, right? Sousa was just pretending to hear him.

His experience with his own abilities evidently suggested to him that he should have been able to do it; this in turn suggests he has done similar things before.

We weren't shown how he whammied the black cop, or Stark, but in general it all seemed much too quick and easy for "Ivchenko" and it bugged me a lot. (I have similar issues on other shows with talented hackers being able to access a secure database they've never visited before with four keystrokes, etc.) Perhaps I should learn to accept these things, but somehow I don't.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Damon Griffin wrote:
Lord Snow wrote:
But he didn't, right? Sousa was just pretending to hear him.

His experience with his own abilities evidently suggested to him that he should have been able to do it; this in turn suggests he has done similar things before.

We weren't shown how he whammied the black cop, or Stark, but in general it all seemed much too quick and easy for "Ivchenko" and it bugged me a lot. (I have similar issues on other shows with talented hackers being able to access a secure database they've never visited before with four keystrokes, etc.) Perhaps I should learn to accept these things, but somehow I don't.

Actually, since they had been thumping so hard on the (period appropriate) sexism angle, I am surprised that they had a black police officer.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The first black police officer in NYC was 1910 or 11 I think, so it isn't outside the realm of possibly.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Snow wrote:
Also, the MCU has always been butchering every fields of science it ever touched. Just in this show we have also seen a really dumb representation of cryptography, and in Agents of Shield the physics of Fitzsimmons are often outright laughable. You learn to accept these things.

The MCU is based on comic books. Think that over. The butchery of science has been rather tame, given the source material.

The Exchange

Kthulhu wrote:
Lord Snow wrote:
Also, the MCU has always been butchering every fields of science it ever touched. Just in this show we have also seen a really dumb representation of cryptography, and in Agents of Shield the physics of Fitzsimmons are often outright laughable. You learn to accept these things.
The MCU is based on comic books. Think that over. The butchery of science has been rather tame, given the source material.

I was aware of that but, since Iv'e never read any of Marvel's comics, I decided to comment strictly on what I know for sure.

Dark Archive

A few thoughts.

1. In Episode 7 "SNAFU" was I the only one you said "she took Monk levels" as Russian Agent Dottie Underwood cascaded down all the stairs banisters?

2. Actress Lyndsy Fonseca who plays besty Angie Martinelli was my pick to play Lin the Iconic Druid since I saw her on Nikita.

3. It is rather telling of how good this series is that I hardly missed Agents of Shield and I look forward to the next mid series replacement of this quality.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

So...

Spoiler:
Peggy pours Steve's blood into the East River, which as we know can and does change direction as it's not actually a river.

That blood then gets into the food chain. Fish, among other things.

That food is eaten.

Over many years, decades, even, certain people meet up and have children - people who have eaten this food.

Those people's kids have other kids.

Those kids become "Miracles" (Mutants!) and by the time the 2000's roll around, we've got folks on their way to becoming super heroes.

Super far fetched, but fun to think about, anyway.

Also, Peggy's face at the end of the episode. :(

The Exchange

baron arem heshvaun wrote:

A few thoughts.

1. In Episode 7 "SNAFU" was I the only one you said "she took Monk levels" as Russian Agent Dottie Underwood cascaded down all the stairs banisters?

2. Actress Lyndsy Fonseca who plays besty Angie Martinelli was my pick to play Lin the Iconic Druid since I saw her on Nikita.

3. It is rather telling of how good this series is that I hardly missed Agents of Shield and I look forward to the next mid series replacement of this quality.

1) Was not thinking of monks, but that scene was awesome.

2) My pick would easily be Kate Mara. She's got the cute, pixy-ish look, and she is very short. Also, better actress.

3) Yeah, as noted above the only time I missed AoS was when Peggy failed to pull a Coulson and shoot the villain in the back when she had a chance, which had me missing Coulson.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I chalk that up to Coulson being more genre savvy than Carter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
tumbler wrote:
The first black police officer in NYC was 1910 or 11 I think, so it isn't outside the realm of possibly.

I'm not sure about NYC, but a 1946 black officer would have been exclusively patrolling black neighborhoods in most of the country. In many jurisdictions, he would not have legally been able to pull over a white driver.

Sovereign Court

Well, maybe they were in a black neighborhood.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I enjoyed the Agent Carter show. I hope we see more of it in the future.

I'm also glad we're getting Agents of SHIELD back next week. It left off with a cool cliffhanger and I'm excited to see where it goes next with the build-up to Avengers 2.

I like both shows and they each scratch a different itch for me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

how frustrating it must be to be Howard. The man clearly wants to creat things that help people, that make the world better. But every time he tries to put something together it turns out to be some kind of death ray.

The only thing in his life that he is truely proud of is Captain America and he was only helping on someone elses project there.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

One bit that made me laugh was when Peggy asked Howard if his implosion bomb worked. He said "I built it, didn't I?" Um, yeah Howard, you did, but you also can't build an electric blanket without accidentally turning it into a suicide vest......

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lord Snow wrote:
Also, the MCU has always been butchering every fields of science it ever touched. Just in this show we have also seen a really dumb representation of cryptography, and in Agents of Shield the physics of Fitzsimmons are often outright laughable. You learn to accept these things.

Comic book science still applies, even if it's a live action show.


Kthulhu wrote:
One bit that made me laugh was when Peggy asked Howard if his implosion bomb worked. He said "I built it, didn't I?" Um, yeah Howard, you did, but you also can't build an electric blanket without accidentally turning it into a suicide vest......

how much you want to bet he was trying to build an automatic vacuum when he came up with that one

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Greylurker wrote:

how frustrating it must be to be Howard. The man clearly wants to creat things that help people, that make the world better. But every time he tries to put something together it turns out to be some kind of death ray.

The only thing in his life that he is truely proud of is Captain America and he was only helping on someone elses project there.

"You're using science for no good... we took an oath we would try to do that less."

Phil and Lem, Better off Ted *background shot of discarded inventions which includes a Dalek.*

The Exchange

Greylurker wrote:

how frustrating it must be to be Howard. The man clearly wants to creat things that help people, that make the world better. But every time he tries to put something together it turns out to be some kind of death ray.

The only thing in his life that he is truely proud of is Captain America and he was only helping on someone elses project there.

In some senses he also made Iron Man, so there's that to be proud of, too. I mean, the man is responsible for like a third of the avengers. Plus it was discovered in Iron Man 2 that he also discovered a new element, which was definitely used for good.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Lord Snow wrote:
Greylurker wrote:

how frustrating it must be to be Howard. The man clearly wants to creat things that help people, that make the world better. But every time he tries to put something together it turns out to be some kind of death ray.

The only thing in his life that he is truely proud of is Captain America and he was only helping on someone elses project there.

In some senses he also made Iron Man, so there's that to be proud of, too. I mean, the man is responsible for like a third of the avengers. Plus it was discovered in Iron Man 2 that he also discovered a new element, which was definitely used for good.

Used for good ... but not by him.

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.

So between Jarvis on this show and Alfred over on Gotham, I think we've reached peak badass British butler.

And I like it!

Dark Archive

First Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 "New Adventure" Promo

Scarab Sages

I’m not sure..…

Spoiler:
Looks like we’re going to be seeing more of Hydra. That symbol on the lapel pin sure reminded me of the one they introduced for them over on Agents of SHIELD. Oh joy! More Hydra. Because they’re like the only evil organization in the Marvel Universe.

Although, with the involvement of Dottie (aka proto-Black Widow), I’m hoping this’ll be more of Leviathan. That symbol, though, tells me otherwise.

It’s like G.I. Joe. The only villain they ever fought was Cobra. F*~!ing annoying.

Nice to see Whitney Frost! It was interesting to see her characterization as the aging actress, clearly obsessed with the fact that she’s getting older – the snide comments about lines around her eyes, more lights and makeup. Combine all that with she and her husband being involved with Hydra/Leviathan (??), and you’ve got a nice recipe. I just hope she eventually puts on her mask.

I have a feeling that Daniel’s little nurse girlfriend might be another enemy agent. She just reminds me too much of Dottie…..

Love Mrs. Jarvis. She’s just too damn awesome!

Dr. Wilkes – I like him. And I like the way they set it up so he could be another potential candidate as Peggy’s future husband. As a weapons developer and Navy man during the war, he could very easily have been captured by and needed rescuing by a certain Captain. And I knew he was familiar. He had appeared once on NCIS.

Loved seeing Kurtwood Smith. Will he be a villain? I hope not, even though he does make a good one. No, I’d like to see him as maybe a bit of a misogynist, but ultimately a good guy who help’s Peggy, Howard and others form SHIELD. There were already those hints he sowed about the dissolution of the SSR and the formation of something bigger, so they’re laying the groundwork.


Great episodes and I really like Mrs. Jarvis.

151 to 200 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Agent Carter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.