Things we'd like to know


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 64 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Since the GW staff is going to be extraordinarily busy for the next 48 hours, I'd like to suggest a clean (as celan as we can manage) thread here for questions we'd like to see addressed before it goes live. Fewer places to look and less chafe might improve the Signal to Noise ration and actually get us the answers we crave.

Goblin Squad Member

Will DT get back dated XP
Will the War of Towers still be starting in approsximately two weeks and there be any modification to Tower capture mechanics currently in place

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Will the first days of EE be very similar to Alpha 16 (i.e.: no ammunition or charges, ranged attack immobility, no husks, etc.)?

Are husks and PC looting planned for introduction when the War of Towers begins, or later?

Will some of the "X" Packs (Intro, Regional, Class, etc.) be available on Day One of EE? Are any of the packs that won't be available on Day One planned to be introduced when the War of Towers begins?

CEO, Goblinworks

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Destiny's Twin characters will get backdated XP to the start of Early Enrollment.

War of Towers will not start at the start of Early Enrollment and the exact start date is still being finalized (eta: week 3). We'll have a follow up blog after Early Enrollment begins that will talk about our short-term road map for the first quarter.

Goblin Squad Member

I am regretting not getting DT on my Buddy account now that I've got a feel for the game. Any chance of giving us the option of buying it now?

Goblin Squad Member

Devs: Do you recommend patching to the latest version of the game when EE starts, or better yet a fresh install of the new client (if any)?

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Capitalocracy wrote:
I am regretting not getting DT on my Buddy account now that I've got a feel for the game. Any chance of giving us the option of buying it now?

You may still find some players selling them, but I don't think Goblinworks will ever offer them again.

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

Giorgo wrote:
Devs: Do you recommend patching to the latest version of the game when EE starts, or better yet a fresh install of the new client (if any)?

My experience is that a clean install is best if you skipped a build. I don't plan a clean install on this computer - but that is because I know I'm fully up to date.

Anyone who isn't sure because he/she did have a pause - a clean rebuild might be recommended - but this is my personal opinion only.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will we be able to have multiple officers per tower company at the start?

CEO, Goblinworks

I highly recommend completely removing all traces of the game and doing a fresh installation of the Early Enrollment client. That will reduce the chance that some unwanted prior version of Alpha impacts your play.

We will never sell Destiny's Twin again.

There will be no changes to how Companies and Settlements work as Early Enrollment begins, so no, no multiple officers yet.

Goblin Squad Member

Are the DT accounts to be permanently like EVE account alts which can never be logged in at the same time or will we eventually be able to log in more than one alt from the same account as was originally proposed ?

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ryan Dancey wrote:
There will be no changes to how Companies and Settlements work

So companies will not be limited in the number of towers they control, and settlements will still be best off having a single company to do tower work?

Goblin Squad Member

I've been very impressed by the Alpha Mac client. Will the new EE client be released for both PC and Mac, or initially just PC?

CEO, Goblinworks

At some point I think we will do a comprehensive review of our account policies and get a lot of Crowdforging input from the community on how they should best be configured.

For now we are not making any changes to the game as we go into Early Enrollment, so for now you can only log into each account once and therefore cannot have two characters on the same account logged in at the same time.

CEO, Goblinworks

I can't comment on the best strategy for managing tower control. It seems risky to me to have all towers held by one Company since that would be a very fragile situation to put a whole Settlement in, but your individual decisions about risk management are not mine to make.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wouldn't dream of asking you to. But there are settlements with six members (if they're lucky).

So... There will be no limit on the number of towers a single company can hold?

Goblin Squad Member

If I have an Alpha account, am I charged for EE?

I recall the Kickstarter rewards saying free EE for the Alpha level but in my Goblinworks account, I don't see anything that indicates free EE (unless it is implied with 'Alpha Enrollment').

Thanks :)

Goblin Squad Member

Caldeathe Baequiannia wrote:

I wouldn't dream of asking you to. But there are settlements with six members (if they're lucky).

So... There will be no limit on the number of towers a single company can hold?

I thought the more towers you have the longer the attack period. If the attack period is 24 hours you would have to keep all your towers manned 24/7 to avoid losing any. Not practical in a game, unless you are independently wealthy and can pay people to play.

Goblin Squad Member

Illililili wrote:
I thought the more towers you have the longer the attack period. If the attack period is 24 hours you would have to keep all your towers manned 24/7 to avoid losing any. Not practical in a game, unless you are independently wealthy and can pay people to play.

That is per settlement. It doesn't matter if 4 companies have 5 towers or 1 company has 20 towers, the attack window is based on all the towers a settlement controls.

Goblin Squad Member

KOTC Huran wrote:
If I have an Alpha account, am I charged for EE?

No. Early Enrollment is free for Alpha accounts.

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
KOTC Huran wrote:
If I have an Alpha account, am I charged for EE?
No. Early Enrollment is free for Alpha accounts.

Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I was thinking.

Goblin Squad Member

Will the various Packs be available at start of EE, such as the Alliance or Regional Trait Pack?

CEO, Goblinworks

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The New Player Pack and the Class (Role) Packs will be available.

CEO, Goblinworks

Alpha Accounts do not need subscriptions to Early Enrollment.


Caldeathe Baequiannia wrote:
So... There will be no limit on the number of towers a single company can hold?

Yes, there will be. Other settlements taking all the towers you can't hold because your settlement has only 6 players.

Goblin Squad Member

sspitfire1 wrote:
Caldeathe Baequiannia wrote:
So... There will be no limit on the number of towers a single company can hold?
Yes, there will be. Other settlements taking all the towers you can't hold because your settlement has only 6 players.

That's more of a soft limit.

Goblin Squad Member

Thanks for answering all these questions so quickly Ryan! People are asking all the questions and you are answering them faster than I realise I need to ask them!

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Do week-long auctions require opening a table and changing a 2 into a 7, or do they require a lot of choosing work?

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

When is the EE client being released? If it isn't until the morning, how will XP accrual work for the first 24 hours or so? Will it start when the character steps into the game world the first time? Or will accounts activated in the first 24ish hours start with XP as if they were activated at zero time?

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

For the first two weeks after EE starts, every Main or Destiny's Twin Character created will have their XP backdated to start December 31st, 10:00 AM Pacifc.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

KarlBob wrote:
Do week-long auctions require opening a table and changing a 2 into a 7, or do they require a lot of choosing work?

Please read "choosing", above, as "coding". Stupid auto correct.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

What time is the Battle of the Superheroes?

Goblin Squad Member

After they do the normal maintenance today. Which should be about now.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

<kabal> Bunibuni wrote:
After they do the normal maintenance today. Which should be about now.

From what I understood, Paid Alpha players would have access to superpowers all day today, but there would be a designated time when the Goblinworks staff would log in their Tester characters for a climactic battle with the Alpha super-characters. My specific question is: At what time (Redmond local) will the Alpha Supers vs Goblinworks Testers Showdown take place?

Goblinworks Executive Founder

I'll be about five hours before I finish my day job.

I'll be adapting my mystic theurge TT character. Because I don't expect it will be reasonable to make one following the real rules.

Goblin Squad Member

I'm very curious to know when we'll get the email with the documentation on the GM hack commands...

Goblin Squad Member

Is the first character we create on the account automatically assigned the backdated xp or do we have to manually assign a character to accrue xp before the backdating is initiated?

I ask because I really prefer to log in and make sure the character is working properly and I'm satisfied with the avatar in action before the special case of backdating xp is used up.

Goblin Squad Member

Ryan Dancey wrote:
I highly recommend completely removing all traces of the game and doing a fresh installation of the Early Enrollment client. That will reduce the chance that some unwanted prior version of Alpha impacts your play.

Is the client from today's download going to be the Early enrollment client, or do you want everyone to do a new download tomorrow?

Goblinworks Executive Founder

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nihimon wrote:
I'm very curious to know when we'll get the email with the documentation on the GM hack commands...

About 15 minutes ago.

CEO, Goblinworks

5 people marked this as a favorite.

There will be a new client released tomorrow.

There will be a comprehensive blog up today about backdating, destiny's twin, packs, etc.

Superheroic info emailed to 107 Alpha account holders 10 minutes ago.


Greetings,

I would like to know if there is any status on the entry from the Nov 6 Blog.

Customer Service Tools

Customer Service Refund Tool

We need a way to refund a purchase made through the goblinworks.com/shop. Long term this will be a tool that our CS team can use without assistance. In the short term, this will likely be a process that requires a handoff to a programmer, and then a return handoff to confirm that the refund was properly processed.

Thanks,

Goblin Squad Member

Nothing in my inbox, spam folder or trash yet.

Also, have you fixed my character?

:)

CEO, Goblinworks

We had to roll back the refund tool after we decided it was not functioning according to its requirements. The team has it marked as a high-priority, must have feature.

CEO, Goblinworks

We aren't going to attempt any fixes to broken characters in Alpha.


Ryan Dancey wrote:
The team has it marked as a high-priority, must have feature.

So, this "must have feature" is ready for the launch of EE tomorrow? Or is it only "must have" for the full launch sometime in the distant future?

I'm just curious when I can expect a resolution, since my emails have gone unanswered for 30+ days.

Goblin Squad Member

Cynge wrote:
Ryan Dancey wrote:
The team has it marked as a high-priority, must have feature.

So, this "must have feature" is ready for the launch of EE tomorrow? Or is it only "must have" for the full launch sometime in the distant future?

I'm just curious when I can expect a resolution, since my emails have gone unanswered for 30+ days.

Did you send your problem/question to customer.support@goblinworks.com or to Paizo?

Goblin Squad Member

What is the best strategy for those that want to save their subscription time, and will game time be opt in or opt out in nature?

CEO, Goblinworks

It's must have as in it was so important that the team got it ready and delivered it two weeks ago. Then we found a problem. Now the team has to recycle, put it back on the schedule, and work on it to resolve that problem. It's high priority which means that it will be re-prioritized as quickly as we can and we are tracking the progress of the fix daily.

Goblin Squad Member

-Aet- Charlie wrote:
What is the best strategy for those that want to save their subscription time, and will game time be opt in or opt out in nature?

The Managing stuff dev blogged answered this question for me:

"For Month 1, if you log into the game client (not the website), even if you do not enter the game world, that will consume one month of your game time. The anniversary of your first month will be 30 days after the date that you logged into the game client."

Thank you Goblinworks for the answer.


I am assuming that since the new blog described how to get the game (download/install) that the new installer is up and ready? Or should we wait?

1 to 50 of 64 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Things we'd like to know All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.