0-2C Was Difficult to Complete for our Group


Pathfinder Adventure Card Society

The Exchange

We had two runs at Fishfolk this past week and we lost both times due to running out of turns. We did not have much luck top decking henchmen anywhere around the board, and the closest we got was within 5 turns of defeating the villain due to his special abilities in the scenario.

Curious if this was just a string of bad luck two sessions in a row or if other groups were running in to this same issue.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Ryan Jensen --- NOG wrote:

We had two runs at Fishfolk this past week and we lost both times due to running out of turns. We did not have much luck top decking henchmen anywhere around the board, and the closest we got was within 5 turns of defeating the villain due to his special abilities in the scenario.

Curious if this was just a string of bad luck two sessions in a row or if other groups were running in to this same issue.

Hey, as long as you didn't have the Hirgenzosk/Krelloort combo, you're doing better than my group did on our first run at it.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

We ended up with the Hirgenzosk/Krelloort combo the second time we tried. Didn't have it in us to try a third time that night. I hope Tanis has a fix out soon as it is pretty demoralizing to think you can win and then end up with an unwinable scenario.

The Exchange

Yeah it is a bad mechanic that I don't think was caught in the play testing of the scenario. All one can do if they get that combo is reset and start over, it is not winnable.

To add to the challenge we had 2 storms going at once to boot. Brutal.

Pathfinder ACG Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ryan Jensen --- NOG wrote:

Yeah it is a bad mechanic that I don't think was caught in the play testing of the scenario. All one can do if they get that combo is reset and start over, it is not winnable.

To add to the challenge we had 2 storms going at once to boot. Brutal.

Replace Pinnacle Atoll with Raker Shoals. I'll try and get this fix into the scenario text this week.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Oh... well that's disappointing. I like Pinnacle Atoll, but sadly something definitely needed done.

The Exchange

Tanis O'Connor wrote:
Ryan Jensen --- NOG wrote:

Yeah it is a bad mechanic that I don't think was caught in the play testing of the scenario. All one can do if they get that combo is reset and start over, it is not winnable.

To add to the challenge we had 2 storms going at once to boot. Brutal.

Replace Pinnacle Atoll with Raker Shoals. I'll try and get this fix into the scenario text this week.

Easy fix, thanks as always Tanis.

Pathfinder ACG Designer

Andrew L Klein wrote:
Oh... well that's disappointing. I like Pinnacle Atoll.

Remember that you said that.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Tanis O'Connor wrote:
Andrew L Klein wrote:
Oh... well that's disappointing. I like Pinnacle Atoll.
Remember that you said that.

You don't scare me! I want the Lone Shark adventure with Pinnacle Atolls and multiple copies of Hrgenzhatehisface so I can keep throwing more in!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

We managed to avoid Pinnacle Atoll Raker Shoals by having only 2 people in the group.

Actually it was because the others didn't show up this week.

It was Radillo and I and we managed to make it through thanks to some excellent scouting. We used the Man's Promise and the Potion of Heroism to decent effect; as it turned out, we were also good at two location closings each.

It's hard to find 2s to upgrade; as it were we only got 1 2 spell and that was because we didn't lose a fight (Wizard and Ranger). The 1 weapon was good enough for me though so I added one.

I got a blessing for my card feat.

My next card feat will probably have to be a weapon though; I've been really lucky with the Favored Card Type and still rarely come up without a weapon.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Adventure Card Society / 0-2C Was Difficult to Complete for our Group All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Adventure Card Society