An aspect of Autoloot ...


Pathfinder Online

Goblin Squad Member

... I haven't thought of is the effect of having stuff dumped into your inventory during combat when the much needed encumbrance comes around.

This dawned to me when the going of unsold AH goods was discussed in another thread. With a starting max of 50 units and if you are near max a plate mail appearing in the inventory will affect your movement quite a lot....

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

Unsold AH items appear in the bank vault. Only crafted items appear in inventory and these you can plan when they appear.

Don't craft Heavy Mail and go 90% encumbrance into fighting monsters 10 minutes before its finished.

Goblin Squad Member

Thod wrote:

Unsold AH items appear in the bank vault. Only crafted items appear in inventory and these you can plan when they appear.

Don't craft Heavy Mail and go 90% encumbrance into fighting monsters 10 minutes before its finished.

Both these things I know and been discussed elsewhere, this is about AUTO-LOOT.

Goblin Squad Member

It's a good point. I can sell you pouches and bags :P

Hopefully they won't implement encumbrance until they have implemented packs and bags, that should allow you to carry much more. Most looted items way next to nothing anyway.

Goblin Squad Member

The main issue with auto-loot is its an exploit approaching a cheat.

You can wander around picking off the red/purple boss monsters and get all the T2 recipes and other high quality gear without killing the whole mob. Without autoloot you would need to finish off the mob to get the boss gear.

Goblin Squad Member

Neadenil Edam wrote:

The main issue with auto-loot is its an exploit approaching a cheat.

You can wander around picking off the red/purple boss monsters and get all the T2 recipes and other high quality gear without killing the whole mob. Without autoloot you would need to finish off the mob to get the boss gear.

That was another interesting point, and actually one that is even a bigger problem. I saw something (in the blog) about spoil markers that was redeemed when the mobs camp was taken. It sounds like an abstarct but possible way to do it.

The only thing I have a question about is what happens when there are single monster out in the bushes without camps? Perhaps they don't become a target for drop hunters any more, and only have a value as achivement counters, but it would feel a bit cheap....

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

Sorry - I didn't read properly but must have browsed over it.

Autoloot - I think the current drops of armour are only temporary until there is a settlement driven economy. That should remove most of the problem as I don't expect recipes to weight a lot.

This would leave broken stuff and other salvage as likely the most heavy pieces. I guess it is similar to a gatherer - return after a while when encumbrance starts to get you down.

At least I think PvP looting isn't automatic - so there you can't use it as weapon - send someone overloaded with heavy cheap items to block someone coming.

I have seen this tactic employed ages ago in a different game where it was possible.

Goblin Squad Member

Exactly, as I have understood it it will be only NPC that will have the auto-loot feature, but as I read it there will still be equipment of all sorts dropping from them.

But if the actual equipmennt drops will be from singular creatures without camps, and spoil tokens otherwise, it will be less of a problem.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Wouldn't moving completed crafted items to the local vault be more appropriate than moving it to your inventory, wherever you are?

Otherwise you could start the item, move to the client and wait for it to appear.

Goblin Squad Member

That actually makes a lot of sense. Even more so since many crafters will probably establish themselves at a single settlement for most of the time.

Goblin Squad Member

tyrfing wrote:

Wouldn't moving completed crafted items to the local vault be more appropriate than moving it to your inventory, wherever you are?

Otherwise you could start the item, move to the client and wait for it to appear.

I think that the items appearing in the local vault (whereever you started the job) is the plan. It hasn't been implemented in part because encumbrance doesn't matter and we don't have player looting. Since AH can dump to local vault, I think shifting crafting output to vault probably won't be hard for them; it's likely just not a priority.

What might be useful is if I could designate which vault the output goes to. My local vault, my company's local vault, or the local vault of my customer (or the crafter, if I'm a refiner).


Is mob auto-look at PLANNED feature?!?!? I had assumed it was just because looting wasn't implemented yet. I'm really hoping that the mob auto-looting is just an incomplete system and not a designed feature. GW has made very good (and mostly immersive) design decisions so far, even if most of that design is not yet coded into he game, so this would be a blow to that standard.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Leithlen wrote:
Is mob auto-look at PLANNED feature?!?!? I had assumed it was just because looting wasn't implemented yet. I'm really hoping that the mob auto-looting is just an incomplete system and not a designed feature. GW has made very good (and mostly immersive) design decisions so far, even if most of that design is not yet coded into he game, so this would be a blow to that standard.

It's my understanding that auto-loot is a temporary situation, not a planned feature. When encumbrance arrives, auto-loot would be downright dangerous.

Goblin Squad Member

I don't think it's planned, it's just not as high a priority to change as other things. If encumbrance makes it, hopefully they'll give us a way to drop stuff. Even if that's a temporary weightless storage apparatus or "Wilds-Bank" that we can put stuff in but not take it out again but doesn't affect encumbrance.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / An aspect of Autoloot ... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Online