MESSAGE: To Edam and Devs, can't connect to the server


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Now after I log in (no error messages) the client is getting hung up at Connecting to Server... I just sat on that screen for 10 minutes before I retried again (over half hour now), I've restarted everything I can think to restart.

I'm just trying to get Edam Ladik the fancy armor I made for his cleric...

I have to go to work soon but I will what, download the client again to see if it's something with that?

------------------

UPDATE: I left the client going for 15 minutes so far this time and I have advanced to Waiting for Character List...

We probably broke the poor little guy, all blinky lights and popping sounds with smoke like a Steve Guttenberg comedy from the 80's.

Goblin Squad Member

It's not working for me either.

Goblin Squad Member

HOUSTON, WE A PROBLEM !!

Connecting to Server...

Goblin Squad Member

I'd say in 45 minutes, after every one CTD's and can't get back on, they will notice somethings up.

Goblin Squad Member

Same thing here... the login server seems to be down. Pinging alpha.goblinworks.com results in a complete time out...

Goblin Squad Member

Twenty minutes Thirty minutes One hour in to this login attempt and I'm not stuck on Connecting to Server...

I'm stuck on Waiting for character list...

Goblin Squad Member

Hey, there's a lot less lag now!

Goblin Squad Member

Aaaaannnddd... Karma got me.

Goblin Squad Member

Gotta wait for a GW employee that wants to play, so they can see they can't connect, then yells at the server monkey to go switch the router off, then on.

Goblin Squad Member

Don't worry guys! The servers will be up soon!

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am impressed, in any other game this thread would be past 100 posts by now.

Goblin Squad Member

There is hope in solidarity.

Goblin Squad Member

lol yeah I worked out you were having trouble getting back on :D

Then I got a CTD and could not get back on myself.

Still seems to be down actually.

Goblin Squad Member

By now there's about three people left running around thinking, "Wow there are nodes EVERYWHERE!!!!"

Goblin Squad Member

Oh well give me a chance to lop back into EVE and see if we have been wardecced while I was away :D

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is this where I post my virtual version of wailing and gnashing of teeth, preach doom and gloom and foretell the failure of a game in Alpha?

Hehe but seriously I hope it comes up soon. I was having a good time.

Goblin Squad Member

Yelta wrote:

Is this where I post my virtual version of wailing and gnashing of teeth, preach doom and gloom and foretell the failure of a game in Alpha?

Hehe but seriously I hope it comes up soon. I was having a good time.

Just imagine the ludicrous amount of XP you will accumulate while offline :D

Goblin Squad Member

Proxima Sin of Brighthaven wrote:
By now there's about three people left running around thinking, "Wow there are nodes EVERYWHERE!!!!"

Hey.. Thats me at about 2 or 3am PST lol

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

I've reached a new stage of connection problem: Instead of hanging at "Connecting to Server", I'm getting a message saying "Could not connect to: alphagoblinworks.com" when I try to log in.

Goblin Squad Member

KarlBob wrote:
I've reached a new stage of connection problem: Instead of hanging at "Connecting to Server", I'm getting a message saying "Could not connect to: alphagoblinworks.com" when I try to log in.

Yeah same.

Could be a DDOS attack.

There's a bunch of juvenile script kiddies got access to a bot network recently and have been causing issues all over the place.

Goblin Squad Member

It is around 5 am PST at GW, anyone coming to work on a Sunday morning?

For the record, over at the Alpha forums there is a dead silence on this issue. :(


They went home and went to bed. Just 'cause yall are up all night, doesn't mean they have to be.

In the mean time, there is a survey out there you could take or spam to your settlement/company buddies ;)

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rfga?Unofficial-Implementation-Priorities-Surv ey

Goblin Squad Member

Yelta wrote:
Is this where I post my virtual version of wailing and gnashing of teeth, preach doom and gloom and foretell the failure of a game...

Good instincts!

THE GAME WENT DOWN ONCE DURING ITS ALPHA IT IS DOOOOOOOOOMED FOR FAILURE!

Goblin Squad Member

KarlBob wrote:
I've reached a new stage of connection problem: Instead of hanging at "Connecting to Server", I'm getting a message saying "Could not connect to: alphagoblinworks.com" when I try to log in.

At around 6.00 am Seattle time it reverted back to the old mode of saying "Connecting to Server" and getting stuck.

sspitfire1 wrote:

They went home and went to bed. Just 'cause yall are up all night, doesn't mean they have to be.

It was down all day Sunday in Australia meaning people that work Monday here pretty much missed the last half of alpha.

Proxima Sin of Brighthaven wrote:
Yelta wrote:
Is this where I post my virtual version of wailing and gnashing of teeth, preach doom and gloom and foretell the failure of a game...

Good instincts!

THE GAME WENT DOWN ONCE DURING ITS ALPHA IT IS DOOOOOOOOOMED FOR FAILURE!

lol doomed I tell you ...

BTW just what was this amazing wonderful masterly crafted armor my cleric never got to try on ?

Goblin Squad Member

Giorgo wrote:

It is around 5 am PST at GW, anyone coming to work on a Sunday morning?

For the record, over at the Alpha forums there is a dead silence on this issue. :(

It's worth noting it is a long weekend in the States, possible no one will be at work till Tuesday :D

Goblin Squad Member

KoTC Edam Neadenil wrote:
It's worth noting it is a long weekend in the States, possible no one will be at work till Tuesday :D

Nope. They've said they're brining the final EE servers online Monday. If things go well, we'll be entering the "couple of weeks of the alpha being open to all EE accounts" starting tomorrow, so they plan to work Monday.

Goblin Squad Member

They'll work Monday, but their work is moving servers to their new home, with all the accompanying testing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them noticing how quiet it's become in Golarion, but it appears their huge-XP weekend test has thoroughly borked itself; even if we get back in and spend points, we're yet further under-geared than "planned".

Goblin Squad Member

Do you get an error message if the server is down? or does it just keep trying to connect forever.

Goblin Squad Member

Still too Alpha for many messages. Checking here'll be the best way to know "for sure"...as sure as we can be.

Goblin Squad Member

Its a holiday weekend, doubt we will see it up and running.

Goblin Squad Member

Xeen wrote:
Its a holiday weekend, doubt we will see it up and running.

Though I'm surprised they didn't have someone standing by precisely because it's a long weekend and Pax. There has to be a lot of people at Pax thinking of showing off their alpha access to others.

Goblin Squad Member

Yea, I'm also a little surprised GW doesn't have one person paying attention--I would have thought a bigger Alpha over a long weekend would be a good test.

Goblin Squad Member

I am sad, I really thought this would be fixed now. I wanted to get a decent amount of play done today. :(

Goblin Squad Member

Giorgo wrote:

It is around 5 am PST at GW, anyone coming to work on a Sunday morning?

For the record, over at the Alpha forums there is a dead silence on this issue. :(

There's a thread in the technical forum. No dev response as of right now, however.

Goblin Squad Member

Thinking of PAX...perhaps once the doors open today and someone decides to play in a demo room or some such?

Goblin Squad Member

I suspect if Pax West at 6:00 or 7:00 last night wasn't enough to do it, Sunday morning might be a faint hope.

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

I am tempted to text a friend of mine who is probably at PAX asking him to seek out the GW people and tell them we can't connect and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Goblin Squad Member

Drake Brimstone wrote:
I am tempted to text a friend of mine who is probably at PAX asking him to seek out the GW people and tell them we can't connect and haven't heard anything from them yet.

.

Don't be tempted. Text him! PFO community service it is. :)

Goblin Squad Member

Caldeathe Baequiannia wrote:
I suspect if Pax West at 6:00 or 7:00 last night wasn't enough to do it, Sunday morning might be a faint hope.

Yah, I forgot the time Proxima posted her first note. I now wonder whether it broke so bad they can't fix it while they're all PAXPriming and DragonConning.

Grand Lodge Goblin Squad Member

Well, my friend isn't at PAX, he couldn't get tickets for Yesterday or Today, he will be in tomorrow, but obviously that will be a bit late :P

EDIT: Just remembered I have another friend who I think is GMing PFS there. Trying him now :)

Goblin Squad Member

Alright, step up! Who offended Zog?

All hail, Zog!

Goblin Squad Member

Bringslite of Fidelis wrote:

Alright, step up! Who offended Zog?

All hail, Zog!

.

Zog, all Hail, has been definitely offended. I blame ...err... nominate Kobold Cleaver for disappearing and letting the gnomes run free, and Bluddwolf and Nihimon for declaring a temporary halt to their never ending forum battles, it is well known that Zog enjoyed them.

Also, the Australians were not faithful servants, so that is why it decided to go silent when they finally had time to play.

:)

CEO, Goblinworks

Sorry for the downtime everyone. Lots of internal emails flying around about it. As soon as we can we will get back on-line:

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Aaaaannnddd... Karma got me.

Karma's a b%&#@ :)

Goblin Squad Member

Ryan Dancey wrote:
Sorry for the downtime everyone. Lots of internal emails flying around about it. As soon as we can we will get back on-line:

All hail the acolytes of Zog....

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giorgo wrote:
Bringslite of Fidelis wrote:

Alright, step up! Who offended Zog?

All hail, Zog!

.

Zog, all Hail, has been definitely offended. I blame ...err... nominate Kobold Cleaver for disappearing and letting the gnomes run free, and Bluddwolf and Nihimon for declaring a temporary halt to their never ending forum battles, it is well known that Zog enjoyed them.

Also, the Australians were not faithful servants, so that is why it decided to go silent when they finally had time to play.

:)

If it come up in the next hour or two I will get a few hours in before work :D

+

Ryan Dancey wrote:
Sorry for the downtime everyone. Lots of internal emails flying around about it. As soon as we can we will get back on-line:

lol ...

"We need someone to pop out to work and reset the server. What do you mean your all in Vegas? We can't all be in Vegas, surely someone stayed in town this weekend. Yes I know it's a holiday weekend. No we cannot RDP server is down remember. "

Goblin Squad Member

I'm in now!

Goblin Squad Member

TEO Ultio wrote:
I'm in now!

word

Goblin Squad Member

Loading Game...
Waiting for character list...
<Enter>
Connecting to server...
Loading Game...
Loading terrain...

BAM !!

look out goblins, here we come

Goblin Squad Member

CHARRRRGE!

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / MESSAGE: To Edam and Devs, can't connect to the server All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.