I want to ride a T-Rex like a Tauntaun, Help Me do it!


Advice


Assumption: 7 lvl Hunter

What do I need to ride a T-Rex?

Equipment: Exotic Saddle
Skill: Ride will take -5 because exotic

Anything else I need to account for? Does the T-Rex need any particular tricks?

Thanks in advance.


You'll want to prestige into Mammoth rider.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think you are shooting too low.

Get your party wizard to craft you:

An amulet of air breathing (water breathing in reverse)
Legs of land walking (magical/mechanical legs)

And what are you riding now?

A MOTHERF**NG GREAT WHITE SHARK B*TCH!

WOOOOOO!!!!

YEAH! WHO'S THE BAD @$$ HUNTER NOW?


PSusac wrote:
Legs of land walking (magical/mechanical legs)

Are those a real item? And if they are where?

I am playing skull and shackles and would love to have a shark companion, but it's damned inconvient for them not to be able to move on land without spells, and ranger just don't have enough of /the right spells to do it.


If you can do custom magic items, make a continuous version of this spell:

fins-to-feet


Anthropomorphic animal. it's 1hr/lvl and "Transform the touched animal into a bipedal hybrid of it's original form with a humanoid form..." Aka: Legs. Plus other stuff.

I'm not sure if it works on animal companions, but I don't see why not.

Scarab Sages

Claxon wrote:
PSusac wrote:
Legs of land walking (magical/mechanical legs)

Are those a real item? And if they are where?

I am playing skull and shackles and would love to have a shark companion, but it's damned inconvient for them not to be able to move on land without spells, and ranger just don't have enough of /the right spells to do it.

LOL, no. I made it up. It's just funny to think of a shark walking around on mecho-legs.


PSusac wrote:
Claxon wrote:
PSusac wrote:
Legs of land walking (magical/mechanical legs)

Are those a real item? And if they are where?

I am playing skull and shackles and would love to have a shark companion, but it's damned inconvient for them not to be able to move on land without spells, and ranger just don't have enough of /the right spells to do it.

LOL, no. I made it up. It's just funny to think of a shark walking around on mecho-legs.

Hope they're water proof mecho-legs. Might electrocute your shark on accident otherwise.


Cfoot wrote:

Assumption: 7 lvl Hunter

What do I need to ride a T-Rex?

Equipment: Exotic Saddle
Skill: Ride will take -5 because exotic

Anything else I need to account for? Does the T-Rex need any particular tricks?

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend the full combat training package:

Quote:
Combat Training (DC 20) An animal trained to bear a rider into combat knows the tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel. Training an animal for combat riding takes 6 weeks. You may also “upgrade” an animal trained for riding to one trained for combat by spending 3 weeks and making a successful DC 20 Handle Animal check. The new general purpose and tricks completely replace the animal's previous purpose and any tricks it once knew. Many horses and riding dogs are trained in this way.

After that, whatever you like, but the above tricks help with things like ensuring that your companion fights roughly the way you want it to, that it doesn't eat the nice guard's horsey when you aren't riding it, and that it stays put when you need to go somewhere where a T-rex would be detrimental to your goals.


PSusac wrote:

I think you are shooting too low.

Get your party wizard to craft you:

An amulet of air breathing (water breathing in reverse)
Legs of land walking (magical/mechanical legs)

And what are you riding now?

A MOTHERF**NG GREAT WHITE SHARK B*TCH!

WOOOOOO!!!!

YEAH! WHO'S THE BAD @$$ HUNTER NOW?

The old Arduin Grimore( Im showing my age now) Used to have Air Sharks, Shark with a hydrogen filled swimming bladder that allowed them to swim through the air.

If you dont mind playing a Goblin or are willing to mod a figure look at this.
http://arduin.8m.com/

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / I want to ride a T-Rex like a Tauntaun, Help Me do it! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.