Axe Musket Blackblade?


Rules Questions

1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

I have a funny feeling I know the answer to this question, but I love the concept so much that I thought I would get a second opinion.

I have a PFS who is about to get his blackblade as part of his Bladebound archetype. This character is a tiefling born in Numeria who escaped his tribe and the Technic League to find the safety of the Pathfinder Society.

I wanted his battleaxe to be (flavorfully) a slightly high-tech-looking axe. I wanted the axe to "awaken" after I leveled up in a scenario called Trial by Machine. The axe awakens after the strange stirring take place in the scenario and would activate an AI inside the axe.This would be the intelligence inside the axe as part of the bladebound archetype.

My question is this: can I make this blackblade an axe musket?

The axe musket claims that the weapon is both a musket and a battleaxe. The blackblade needs to be a one-handed slashing weapon (or rapier or sword cane). A battleaxe is a one-handed slashing weapon.

I thought that the flavor of this was excellent but I am not sure it would be feasible for Society play.

Thoughts?


The battleaxe could certainly be a Blackblade, but not the musket nor an axe musket as both are two handed weapons on the table I am looking at.


Furthermore, the Axe Musket is a ranged weapon. It may be useable as a melee weapon, but it is on the Ranged Weapon list. However, it would be feasible to have a Large Longsword as a Blackblade. A Longsword is a one-handed slashing weapon, it's just wielded as a virtual 2h weapon in the hands of a Medium creature. Likewise, a Small Longsword could also be a Blackblade for a Medium creature.


A small 2h weapon cannot become a black blade. Effort to wield and weapon category are seperate


1 person marked this as a favorite.

An Axe Musket almost certainly can't, because 2H.

But a Sword Cane Pistol might be an option?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Weapons can fall into multiple categories.

Example: The Dagger is a Light melee weapon, and a Ranged weapon.


By RAW, no, so if this is for PFS it won't work.

If its for your home game talk to your GM. Its a great idea that could easily be adapted in a way that works for your group.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Are we suggesting that an Axe Musket cannot be the target of spells and effects, that target melee weapons?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
blackbloodtroll wrote:

Are we suggesting that an Axe Musket cannot be the target of spells and effects, that target melee weapons?

No, we're suggesting that it's not a weapon that's chewable into blackblade status. A musket is primarily a firearm, not a slashing melee weapon.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

A Battleaxe, is a slashing melee weapon.

Nobody says a Gnome Hooked Hammer, is not a pick, because a hammer is not a pick.

It's both.


In most cases a thing that is two things counts as both things.

An axe musket is an axe and a musket. You can slash one-handed or shoot two-handed.

RAW does not specify this (or specifically deny it) because Paizo wanted to make the Axe Musket but didn't want to put a lot of time into coming up with all the different FAQs and permutations of how that should suss out. Like dealing with the giant mess that is Summoner, they have other things they'd rather be doing.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well, there is the Dagger Pistol, and Sword Cane Pistol.


And really, that's just as good for your gunblade-wielding Elric.


When it comes to physical properties of the item, you must go by the base category. An axe musket may count as a melee weapon for the purpose of rules elements that affect melee weapons, but for being a black-blade, you must go by the base weapon category. A feat, for instance, may turn a Longsword from a Slashing weapon into a Piercing or Bludgeoning weapon temporarily, but that doesn't suddenly make its Blackblade quality "turn off" because it no longer meets the requirements. So even if a weapon may "count as" a one-handed slashing weapon for usage and effects such as being the target of a spell, how much effort is required to attack, being used in Spell Combat or other abilities, etc. it doesn't count as a one-handed slashing weapon for physical purposes such as HP, Hardness, or being made into a Blackblade.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So, an Axe-Musket is a Musket that counts as a Battleaxe, or a Battleaxe, that counts as a Musket?

How do you determine priority?


blackbloodtroll wrote:

So, an Axe-Musket is a Musket that counts as a Battleaxe, or a Battleaxe, that counts as a Musket?

How do you determine priority?

In Ultimate Combat it is listed as a two-handed firearm and the description starts "this musket..."

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

If* it is a one-handed slashing weapon, it can be a Black Blade. Simply because it is also a two-handed firearm does not take away its one-handed-slashing status.

The Black Blade requirements state "a one-handed slashing weapon" not "a one-handed slashing weapon which is not a two-handed firearm."

As usual, RAW is clear, houserules abound, and you can make up your mind about what you think should be the case, but that doesn't alter the rules that actually got printed onto the page of the sourcebook.

*I don't have my book with me so I'm unsure whether this particular example does, in fact, count as a one-handed slashing weapon. If it does, though, it can be a black blade.


Sounds pretty simple to me. When it is being used as an axe, it's a black blade with all the bells and whistles. When it's being used as a firearm it is still technically a black blade, but none of the magus abilities work in that 'mode.' When used as a firearm it would be mechanically no different than having the weapon sheathed.


Kazaan wrote:
...A feat, for instance, may turn a Longsword from a Slashing weapon into a Piercing or Bludgeoning weapon temporarily, but that doesn't suddenly make its Blackblade quality "turn off" because it no longer meets the requirements...

Wait, when did we establish this?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

A Klar and Sharpened Combat Scabbard are one-handed melee slashing weapons, and suitable as Blackblades.

A Blackblade Klar is still a Shield, a Blackblade Sharpened Combat Scabbard is still a Scabbard, and an Axe-Musket is still a Firearm.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
PRD wrote:

Musket, Axe: This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe.

It is considered a double weapon for purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon.
If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition.

I notice that no one cite the bolded part.

The axe musket is a double weapon for purpose of enchanting. Being a blackblade include a form of enchanting and a axe musket, being a double weapon isn't suitable for that specific form of enchanting.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Diego Rossi wrote:
PRD wrote:

Musket, Axe: This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe.

It is considered a double weapon for purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon.
If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition.

I notice that no one cite the bolded part.

The axe musket is a double weapon for purpose of enchanting. Being a blackblade include a form of enchanting and a axe musket, being a double weapon isn't suitable for that specific form of enchanting.

How do you mean?


Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't firearms say their size never changes their handedness? So even an undersized one would be two-handed and unable to be a blackblade.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well, if used to make a melee attack, how many hands does the Axe-Musket require?

Liberty's Edge

I guess because the item itself is an "axe musket", which is a two-handed firearm first and foremost, I suppose it doesn't count for blackblade stuff. Darn.

Would totally do this for a home game if the GM let me.

Thanks for all the input everyone!


Now lets look at it from the other angle; say someone, either Paizo or 3rd party, comes up with a Gunblade. It is listed as a one-handed exotic melee weapon equivalent to a Longsword and can also be used for ranged attacks as if it were a musket. In this case, you could very well make a Blackblade Gunblade and the firearm feature is simply a tacked-on aspect of an otherwise melee weapon.


What I find strange is that an Axe Musket apparently weighs less and does less damage than a standard Musket... So is that because the musket portion is smaller than a standard musket?

*EDIT*

Okay, so after looking at the artwork depicted in Ultimate Combat of the Axe Musket... It does indeed appear to be assumed a one-handed wield for the battleaxe portion. The weapon description says it's a double-weapon for masterwork and enhancement purposes. Also it's listed under "Two-Handed Firearms". These two items, would indicate to me that the Axe Musket would not be a feasible choice for PFS rules for a Blackblade.

Non-PFS rules, I'd allow it. Or... another option, it just call it a battleaxe and describe it as an Axe Musket... Done. You can always say the barrel was filled and capped with metal, thereby completely destroying any ability to be used as a firearm. Thus... you now have a really cool looking battleaxe.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Why is an Axe-Musket a Mustket "first and foremost"?

No other double weapon works that way.

A Gnome Hook Hammer is not a "hammer first" or "hammer second" weapon.

Why would this weapon be an exception?


blackbloodtroll wrote:

Why is an Axe-Musket a Mustket "first and foremost"?

No other double weapon works that way.

A Gnome Hook Hammer is not a "hammer first" or "hammer second" weapon.

Why would this weapon be an exception?

Are we discussing RAW or what we think should be allowed? Would you let a two-bladed sword be a Black Blade? Do you think it's allowable by RAW?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

RAW.

A two bladed Sword is a two-handed melee weapon. Not a choice.

I am saying an Axe-Musket is an One-handed Melee weapon, and a two-handed firearm, and counts as both.

Dark Archive

Pretty sure even if the firearm portion was considered a blackblade, it wouldn't get the bonuses from being one. If it's a double weapon, then only one side of it is affected by the bonuses: the one that's actually a valid target of them. So it'd be a +1 axe, but a normal (masterwork?) musket.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Seranov wrote:
Pretty sure even if the firearm portion was considered a blackblade, it wouldn't get the bonuses from being one. If it's a double weapon, then only one side of it is affected by the bonuses: the one that's actually a valid target of them. So it'd be a +1 axe, but a normal (masterwork?) musket.

That is, more or less, how I would handle it.


blackbloodtroll wrote:

Why is an Axe-Musket a Mustket "first and foremost"?

No other double weapon works that way.

A Gnome Hook Hammer is not a "hammer first" or "hammer second" weapon.

Why would this weapon be an exception?

I see it as a Musket before an axe due to the fact that's listed under the "Firearms" category. So, in my mind, I see it as a musket with an axe attached to it. That's just my opinion on the matter and some might see it primarily as an axe with a gun barrel in the handle.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well, a Dagger is a ranged weapon when thrown, but is listed in Light weapons.

Still counts as both.


My problem with it, it's that you potentially gain a free firearm at start, if your GM is too nice. If he isn't, then you won't have the benefit of your Black Blade before at the very least level 3 or 4.

UM, Bladebound archetype wrote:

Black Blades

A black blade is a particular form of intelligent weapon gained by a magus with the bladebound archetype. There are several ways a magus might gain this weapon. Sometimes it just appears among the magus's possessions, and its origin is a mystery. Other times the magus finds a black blade during an adventure or event of some kind. Sometimes a black blade is passed down generation to generation in an ongoing search for a magus who can unlock its true potential. A black blade is always a one-handed slashing weapon, a rapier, or a sword cane. The magus chooses the blade's type upon gaining the blade, and once chosen, it can't be changed.

I don't think it is intended, and I will be hesitant to allow it (And I won't certainly give someone a axe musket at start). Still, because you need to wait to have it, and need to take an exotic weapon proficiency and other feats to use it efficiently, I could allow it if I'm in a good mood.

But I consider that the black blade powers only apply to the "battleaxe" side, as it need to be "a blade". And a missfire will make the firearm broken, and potentially destroy the weapon.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well, as a Musket, the Axe-Musket sucks, especially if you are not proficient, and have no class features to back Firearm use.


blackbloodtroll wrote:

RAW.

A two bladed Sword is a two-handed melee weapon. Not a choice.

I am saying an Axe-Musket is an One-handed Melee weapon, and a two-handed firearm, and counts as both.

Do you have any evidence of that statement? I have not found it listed as a one handed Melee weapon anywhere. The weapon's description indicates it is a musket first with an axe head attached at the end of the barrel. It's a perfectly reasonable houserule but does not seem supported by RAW.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

It's in the description:

Ultimate Equipment wrote:

Axe Musket

Statistics
Cost 1,600 gp Weight 6 lbs.
Damage 1d6 (small), 1d8 (medium); Critical x4; Range 30 ft.; Type B and P; Special — Misfire 1-2 (5 ft.); Capacity 1
Description
This short musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe. It is considered a double weapon for the purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon. If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition. This is an early firearm.

A Battleaxe is an One-handed Melee weapon.


blackbloodtroll wrote:

It's in the description:

Ultimate Equipment wrote:

Axe Musket

Statistics
Cost 1,600 gp Weight 6 lbs.
Damage 1d6 (small), 1d8 (medium); Critical x4; Range 30 ft.; Type B and P; Special — Misfire 1-2 (5 ft.); Capacity 1
Description
This short musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe. It is considered a double weapon for the purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon. If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition. This is an early firearm.

A Battleaxe is an One-handed Melee weapon.

Yes but an Axe Musket is a two handed firearm and a double weapon. So if the axe half is eligible for a black blade then why not a two-bladed sword* or orc double axe*?

Edit: *by which I mean one sword or one axe half.


Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
blackbloodtroll wrote:

It's in the description:

Ultimate Equipment wrote:

Axe Musket

Statistics
Cost 1,600 gp Weight 6 lbs.
Damage 1d6 (small), 1d8 (medium); Critical x4; Range 30 ft.; Type B and P; Special — Misfire 1-2 (5 ft.); Capacity 1
Description
This short musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe. It is considered a double weapon for the purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon. If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition. This is an early firearm.

A Battleaxe is an One-handed Melee weapon.

Yes but an Axe Musket is a two handed firearm and a double weapon. So if the axe half is eligible for a black blade then why not a two-bladed sword* or orc double axe*?

Edit: *by which I mean one sword or one axe half.

simply answered: its quite easy to enchant only a single side of a double weapon. we've been doing so for years, and their a many examples of specific items such as artifacts that have both sides enchanted entirely separate from each other. the problem lies in the fact that "normal" double weapons cannot be broken apart or wielded as only half of themselves. the axe musket, however, quite simply, can. incidentally, it cannot be wielded as a "traditional" double weapon can, showing that every once in a while the dev's actually DO put a bit of balance in the game.

my 2 cents: nothing is stopping the weapon from being a black blade., however, the user of such a weapon would need the EWP-(musket) feat to use it as a firearm. the firearm would however not receive the benefits of the bonus enchantments or the other cool things a black blade can do because as its been already stated, that it not the half of this particular double weapon that has received the enchantments.


Shimesen wrote:
Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
blackbloodtroll wrote:

It's in the description:

Ultimate Equipment wrote:

Axe Musket

Statistics
Cost 1,600 gp Weight 6 lbs.
Damage 1d6 (small), 1d8 (medium); Critical x4; Range 30 ft.; Type B and P; Special — Misfire 1-2 (5 ft.); Capacity 1
Description
This short musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel. It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe. It is considered a double weapon for the purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon. If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition. This is an early firearm.

A Battleaxe is an One-handed Melee weapon.

Yes but an Axe Musket is a two handed firearm and a double weapon. So if the axe half is eligible for a black blade then why not a two-bladed sword* or orc double axe*?

Edit: *by which I mean one sword or one axe half.

simply answered: its quite easy to enchant only a single side of a double weapon. we've been doing so for years, and their a many examples of specific items such as artifacts that have both sides enchanted entirely separate from each other. the problem lies in the fact that "normal" double weapons cannot be broken apart or wielded as only half of themselves. the axe musket, however, quite simply, can. incidentally, it cannot be wielded as a "traditional" double weapon can, showing that every once in a while the dev's actually DO put a bit of balance in the game.

my 2 cents: nothing is stopping the weapon from being a black blade., however, the user of such a weapon would need the EWP-(musket) feat to use it as a firearm. the firearm would however not receive the benefits of the bonus enchantments or the other cool things a black blade can do because as its been already stated, that it not the half of this particular double...

You can use just one half of a double weapon as well. That doesn't stop it from being a two-handed weapon or make it eligible for being a black blade.

I have nothing against using an axe musket for a black blade (seems like a really cool idea). I just don't think it qualifies under the rules and this is the rules forum.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

These firearm/melee weapons are a mess.

You know, upon review, I honestly have no idea if this works.


Considering that the Battleaxe's crit range makes it a pretty terrible Magus weapon anyway, I'd let it work.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Once again, it's a one-handed slashing weapon.

Therefore, it works.

There are no other factors. As I have said before, the ability requires "a one-handed slashing weapon." The ability does not require "a one-handed slashing weapon which is not also a two-handed firearm."

A square is a rectangle. It also has equal-length-sides.

I tell you I require a rectangle, you can hand me a square and fulfill my requirement. Just because some rectangles are longer than they are tall, or are purple, or can be used as a firearm with two hands, doesn't mean you've failed my "give me a rectangle" test.


The Morphling wrote:

Once again, it's a one-handed slashing weapon.

Therefore, it works.

There are no other factors. As I have said before, the ability requires "a one-handed slashing weapon." The ability does not require "a one-handed slashing weapon which is not also a two-handed firearm."

A square is a rectangle. It also has equal-length-sides.

I tell you I require a rectangle, you can hand me a square and fulfill my requirement. Just because some rectangles are longer than they are tall, or are purple, or can be used as a firearm with two hands, doesn't mean you've failed my "give me a rectangle" test.

Again, this is the rules forum. Can you show me the written rule that says an axe musket is a one handed slashing weapon or a written rule that says it stops being a two handed firearm?


The Morphling wrote:

Once again, it's a one-handed slashing weapon.

Therefore, it works.

There are no other factors. As I have said before, the ability requires "a one-handed slashing weapon." The ability does not require "a one-handed slashing weapon which is not also a two-handed firearm."

A square is a rectangle. It also has equal-length-sides.

I tell you I require a rectangle, you can hand me a square and fulfill my requirement. Just because some rectangles are longer than they are tall, or are purple, or can be used as a firearm with two hands, doesn't mean you've failed my "give me a rectangle" test.

By that logic, one end of a Double Sword could be made a Blackblade because one end of a double weapon is treated as a one-handed weapon and it is, indeed, slashing. In practice, sensible people know that this is outside the scope of the rules; you need an actual one-handed slashing weapon, not a virtual one-handed slashing weapon, in order to make a Blackblade. Treating it as one-handed or slashing for wielding purposes, such as wielding a dagger one size too big or a 2-h weapon one size too small doesn't count and neither would an ability allowing you to deal slashing damage with an otherwise non-slashing weapon. An Axe-Musket is not a one-handed slashing weapon. It is a 2-h Firearm which, by special rules, can be used (use referring to wielding, not physical or enhancement properties) as if it were a battleaxe. But it still has all the physical properties (ie. HP, hardness, etc.) of a 2-h firearm and is enhanced as if it were a double weapon (though you can't TWF with it as if it were a double weapon).

So, to use your own example, you've got the square and rectangle labels backwards. To make a Blackblade, you require a Square (you claim a Rectangle). A true double weapon would be a Rectangle twice as long as it is wide (ie, 2 squares end-to-end). In cases where you're measuring width, this rectangle is the same dimension as the square weapon. But in cases where you're measuring its length, the double weapon is longer than the the square. The Axe Musket is a pair of triangles that, in certain orientations, can be the same shape as the square. But it's still two triangles being put together; not an actual square. And, as far as wielding goes, they are not put together in the orientation of a square (that's for enhancing costs only).


Actually, the double weapon quality states:

Quote:
Double: You can use a double weapon to fight as if fighting with two weapons, but if you do, you incur all the normal attack penalties associated with fighting with two weapons, just as if you were using a one-handed weapon and a light weapon. You can choose to wield one end of a double weapon two-handed, but it cannot be used as a double weapon when wielded in this way—only one end of the weapon can be used in any given round.

It says you can use it to fight with two weapons, and get the same penalties as a one handed and a light weapon, not that it counts as such. It is nothing BUT a two handed weapon.

Whereas the axe musket:

Quote:

This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel.

It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe. It is considered a double weapon for purposes of creating masterwork or magical versions of this weapon. If this firearm gains the broken condition, both the firearm component and the axe are considered broken. An axe musket uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or an alchemical cartridge as ammunition.

The axe musket actually counts as a battleaxe, which is one handed.

Quote:
Again, this is the rules forum. Can you show me the written rule that says an axe musket is a one handed slashing weapon

It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe.

Quote:
or a written rule that says it stops being a two handed firearm?

It doesn't need to stop. A ladybug doesn't need to stop being a bug to be an insect. Nowhere does the blackblade say that it can't be both and has to be only one of them.

Would, for example, a Sibat, not qualify since it is also a piercing weapon along with slashing? The Blackblade has to be a slashing weapon after all, and that one's also piercing.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
Again, this is the rules forum. Can you show me the written rule that says an axe musket is a one handed slashing weapon

Sure.

Axe Musket wrote:

This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel.

It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe.

Battleaxe appears in the "one-handed" martial weapons table.

It deals Slashing damage.

Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
or a written rule that says it stops being a two handed firearm?

Do you want me to read you the "square/rectangle" bit again?

It doesn't matter that it's a two-handed firearm. It's ALSO a one-handed slashing weapon. There is no ambiguity here...

at all.


The Morphling wrote:
Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
Again, this is the rules forum. Can you show me the written rule that says an axe musket is a one handed slashing weapon

Sure.

Axe Musket wrote:

This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel.

It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe.

Battleaxe appears in the "one-handed" martial weapons table.

It deals Slashing damage.

Durngrun Stonebreaker wrote:
or a written rule that says it stops being a two handed firearm?

Do you want me to read you the "square/rectangle" bit again?

It doesn't matter that it's a two-handed firearm. It's ALSO a one-handed slashing weapon. There is no ambiguity here...

at all.

I suggest you look up discussions on the bastard sword. A weapon is what it is, even when it's something else. An axe musket is a two handed firearm that can be used as a battleaxe, but it never is a battleaxe.


LoneKnave wrote:
Quote:

This musket features an axe blade at the end of its barrel.

It can be used as both a musket and a battleaxe...

It can be used as both musket and battleaxe. That doesn't make it a one-handed weapon. A Musket is a 2-h firearm and can also be used as a 2-h firearm. A Musket-Axe is a 2-h firearm and can also be used as either a 2-h firearm or a one-handed slashing melee weapon. If there were an ability that required you to wield a one-handed weapon, wielding a Musket-Axe would qualify so long as you only attacked with it as an axe because that is referring to use. So a Magus could wield an Axe Musket as a 1-h melee weapon for purposes of Spell Combat (but only make melee attacks with it, not use it as a firearm). But making a Blackblade isn't a matter of use.

1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Axe Musket Blackblade? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.