When will s&s ship for preorder and sub customers.


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion

1 to 50 of 166 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

I received an email that said early august. But my order says pending.. If have picked up at gencon if I knew it wouldn't ship till after gen con. My main reason for not picking it up at gencon was my flight home and how much I already was going to hall back. Why hasn't this shipped yet?


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Paizo's August shipping window runs until August 22nd. You can follow the August shipping thread here. They said recently they still plan to have everything shipped by August 22nd.


My Subscription order for Skulls and Shackles got an initial email on 8/5 saying shipping soon. However I see it is now languishing on back order.

That is disappointing.


Mine just says Order Processed: Ready for UPS. It's said that since August 7th.


I'm going nuts over here! Give my my fix paizo!


I didn't opt to get mine at GenCon either due to not wanting to lug a bunch of stuff home on the flight. Right now on my sub page it says something about September. 'Tis OK with me I got to play a couple sessions in the room at GenCon and we still have AP's we haven't made it through for the first game, stuff we did manage to carry on the plane home (I despise checking bags) not to mention my wife wants to spark up an RPG campaign as well. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I said disappointed, because it 'feels like' my order got pushed back so that some GenCon attendee could just roll up and purchase a copy.

I realize that's a small disappointment in the grand scheme of things. But I rather would not have known I was scheduled for order fulfillment and that then Paizo realized they didn't have enough copies to take to GENCON and decided to treat my order as a bird in the hand :/


From what I could tell it didn't sell out at GenCon. They pretty much had a line to get in the booth every day except Sunday. I would imagine they will continue to process orders.


Quite possibly hfm, and unlike many internet denizens I am well aware that my supposition has little bearing on reality

However Perception is key when it comes to retail, and if you asked someone in marketing if they would like their customers 'feeling' that way the answer would be no.


When I went by the booth on Sunday, they still had a bunch of S&S boxes. The woman behind the counter implied that the line died down when the Advanced Class Guide ran out.

I imagine things are on hold because the people who would be fulfilling the shipments were at GenCon all weekend.


I was billed for this item almost two weeks ago; it should have shipped by now. If your going to delay sending it out, don't charge me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Its been a waiting game and an excercise in frustration... the fact that the wife and I had toyed with possibly going to GenCon this year for the first time and having not been able to and then not having received S&S feels like a bit of a gut punch, but reality is that we are still within the timeframe initially provided and thus I don't feel I personally have the right to really complain as we were never promised to have the product prior to GenCon.

I am however, infinitely hating those that were fortunate enough to have been at GenCon and have their product.

I will sit here with my hands folded quietly until it is my turn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
I was billed for this item almost two weeks ago; it should have shipped by now. If your going to delay sending it out, don't charge me.

When they first generate your order, they'll put a hold on your credit card which expires a few days later. I'd check your statement, as you'll probably find that charge has disappeared by now. Unfortunately, some banks don't display the difference between a hold and an actual charge to their customers.

Paizo don't finalise a payment until the product actually ships. If the payment has actually gone through but the package hasn't actually shipped, something has gone quite wrong. I'd give them a ring, or start a thread in the customer service forum and they'll sort it out, I'm sure.

Sovereign Court

I'm still or even sure my order is setup right on their end. I know everyone is saying there is just an issue displaying stuff correctly right now, but my subscriptions shows my promos for August as Pending,but my Character Add-on deck not even shipping till the September expansion, and with a base set I didn't even subscribe to. Normally, I'd accept "Oh, we're having problems", but I haven't even been charged or notified of an August shipment in any way, shape, or form.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Troymk1 wrote:

My Subscription order for Skulls and Shackles got an initial email on 8/5 saying shipping soon. However I see it is now languishing on back order.

That is disappointing.

This is one of the most annoying anomalies in Paizo's order management system. The back order tag probably doesn't apply to your copy.

The back order status refers to the state of play if you are going to make an order today. It doesn't generally apply to preorders or subscribers (they put copies aside for us before making them available for sale, so when they sell out, preexisting orders still get filled).

Of course, I don't actually work for paizo, so can't guarantee nothing has gone wrong - however, I've often had items become unavailable, out of print or back ordered while sitting in my sidecart and they've always had a copy aside for me.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Andrew K wrote:
I'm still or even sure my order is setup right on their end. I know everyone is saying there is just an issue displaying stuff correctly right now, but my subscriptions shows my promos for August as Pending,but my Character Add-on deck not even shipping till the September expansion, and with a base set I didn't even subscribe to. Normally, I'd accept "Oh, we're having problems", but I haven't even been charged or notified of an August shipment in any way, shape, or form.

If you haven't got a pre-shipment email at all, I'd definitely get onto them (they may miss this thread, so I'd give them a call or start a thread in the customer service forum).

I don't think any subscription shipments have been sent yet, but we should all have received a "should ship by August the 22nd" email by now.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I've only received the credit card hold, not the pre-shipment email. Not sure if that's any different. :D


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Me neither, I'm afraid. I thought those two were tied together. I've broken the system lots of times over the years - never broke it in that way though. :)


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Andrew K wrote:
I'm still or even sure my order is setup right on their end. I know everyone is saying there is just an issue displaying stuff correctly right now, but my subscriptions shows my promos for August as Pending,but my Character Add-on deck not even shipping till the September expansion, and with a base set I didn't even subscribe to. Normally, I'd accept "Oh, we're having problems", but I haven't even been charged or notified of an August shipment in any way, shape, or form.

If you haven't already, and if you are interested in getting your Character Add-on Deck prior to the September expansion, I would give Customer Service a call to verify.

I subscribed with the Character Add-on Deck the very first day the option was available, and my order/subscription resembled how yours did. My promos were pending, but my Character Add-On Deck was scheduled for shipping with the September expansion. I didn't think much of it after reading people saying it is just a subscription calculation error and everything will right itself, but was concerned that the the credit card pre-authorization did not include the amount for the Character Add-On (I had also purchased a Lini Reaper Metal mini). I called Customer Service and they indicated that my Character Add-on Deck did get messed up and was moved to the September shipment for some reason, they corrected it, and now my Character Add-on Deck will supposedly ship with the promos for August.


Steve Geddes wrote:
Troymk1 wrote:

My Subscription order for Skulls and Shackles got an initial email on 8/5 saying shipping soon. However I see it is now languishing on back order.

That is disappointing.

This is one of the most annoying anomalies in Paizo's order management system. The back order tag probably doesn't apply to your copy.

The back order status refers to the state of play if you are going to make an order today. It doesn't generally apply to preorders or subscribers (they put copies aside for us before making them available for sale, so when they sell out, preexisting orders still get filled).

Of course, I don't actually work for paizo, so can't guarantee nothing has gone wrong - however, I've often had items become unavailable, out of print or back ordered while sitting in my sidecart and they've always had a copy aside for me.

Interesting. And I fully can understand that it's pulling the inventory status from the current status.

Good to see my First World Problem may well have been imagined all along ;)


Steve Geddes wrote:
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
I was billed for this item almost two weeks ago; it should have shipped by now. If your going to delay sending it out, don't charge me.

When they first generate your order, they'll put a hold on your credit card which expires a few days later. I'd check your statement, as you'll probably find that charge has disappeared by now. Unfortunately, some banks don't display the difference between a hold and an actual charge to their customers.

Paizo don't finalise a payment until the product actually ships. If the payment has actually gone through but the package hasn't actually shipped, something has gone quite wrong. I'd give them a ring, or start a thread in the customer service forum and they'll sort it out, I'm sure.

The money is out of my bank account. Perahps it has to do with he fact that my order status is listed as "Complete" even though the product hasn't actually shipped (according the UPS). Is this something I should be worried about?


I'm actually in the same boat. My order page has the order listed as "shipped," but the tracking info says the label was created and that the package will ship once it reaches the warehouse.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I don't think you need to be worried yet. They bulk print the labels in batches, but it may still take them some time to get it out the door. If it has only been like that for a few days, I wouldn't fret. (I wish I was in your status.)


Mine was "shipped" on the 7th. :(


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
I was billed for this item almost two weeks ago; it should have shipped by now. If your going to delay sending it out, don't charge me.

When they first generate your order, they'll put a hold on your credit card which expires a few days later. I'd check your statement, as you'll probably find that charge has disappeared by now. Unfortunately, some banks don't display the difference between a hold and an actual charge to their customers.

Paizo don't finalise a payment until the product actually ships. If the payment has actually gone through but the package hasn't actually shipped, something has gone quite wrong. I'd give them a ring, or start a thread in the customer service forum and they'll sort it out, I'm sure.

The money is out of my bank account. Perahps it has to do with he fact that my order status is listed as "Complete" even though the product hasn't actually shipped (according the UPS). Is this something I should be worried about?

Well probably not (helpful huh?)

However, if it's been some time since the order switched to "shipped" I'd give them a call or post a thread in the customer service forum with the order number (which you can find in your "my account" order history).

There are two things I could think of which may cause the issue you're having:

1) They process a batch of orders at the same time, switching them all to "shipped" once the labels have been printed. Usually, all of those packages then ship on the same day, but if it's a particularly large shipment in can stretch out a couple of days.

2) The shipping companies Paizo uses are often unreliable about processing the packages as they wend their way through the system. I've seen people posting of their tracking number showing the package "waiting to be collected" even after it has arrived.

I suspect it's most likely one of those two, but occasionally things do go awry, so I'd definitely make contact if your order history is showing that it was shipped more than a couple of days ago.

EDIT: It might be worth noting that your "my account - order history" is the best way to track these things (definitely NOT your 'my subscriptions' page which breaks down in a giggling fit every time they run a subscription batch).

Your list of orders should show the date they were generated and then a status (either pending or complete). If it's still pending, then it means you're in the queue but it hasnt left the warehouse yet (and shouldnt have been fully charged to your credit card). If it's "complete" then you should have expected to see the funds leave and it is either out the door or nearly so.

There used to be a category called "shipping" - although I'm not sure if that still exists after the last update and I dont have a way to check at the moment.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

As another tip for new subscribers. Dont pay attention to the product description page and when it tells you you bought the product. If I open up the PACG:Skulls and Shackles Base Set, for example, I see:

"You purchased this product Mon, Aug 4, 2014. View order."

If I look at my upcoming subscriptions, both the base set and the character add-on are showing as to be shipped in September.

However, if I go to my account and view my order history (top right) I can see that the order is, in fact still listed as pending.

What that means is that the system spawned my order on August 4th (and instituted a hold on my credit card for a fraction of the total cost). That hold subsided over the next few days. Now the order is sitting in the queue, waiting to be shipped.

Despite the product page telling me that I've already bought it, some funds apparently leaving my account a couple of weeks ago (and never being creditted back - the original hold is just deleted) and my subscription page telling me it's going to be shipped in September - I have actually neither paid for it, nor had it shipped to me yet.

In my experience, the most accurate method to tell what's going on is to look at the order history under "my account". If that's looking at all screwy then I'd post a thread in the customer service forum (together with the order number) and they'll usually sort it out within a business day or two.


I see this under that My orders

Package Tracking Originally expected to ship in 2 to 14 business days
Waiting for backordered product(s)

Grand Lodge

Pending.... Come on! Subscribers first Gencon floor second. I could have bought this already at my local shop. What's the point of subscribing again?

It's not like gencon just snuck up behind the shipping department and said "hey email them and say early august. But then imply early September."


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Troymk1 wrote:

I see this under that My orders

Package Tracking Originally expected to ship in 2 to 14 business days
Waiting for backordered product(s)

Okay. Bearing in mind that I'm an international customer (so dont get the tracking information so I've never quite seen that message) I would say:

Good news - it's not really on backorder for you. There is a box with your name on it.

Bad news - it's still in the Paizo warehouse. When it does finally ship, you can expect to wait 2-14 days.

Unfortunately, GenCon always messes things around. It's inevitably a massive month for them which increases the shipping time, plus given that the convention is early in the month, it feels like our subscription shipments are delayed for weeks and weeks - since those lucky enough to be able to attend have already got their books/games. The reality, of course, is that they got them early rather than us getting them late - I suspect that any annual august delay is actually only a day or two on average.

Added to all of that - I'm sure the kerfuffule with manually adding all the class decks to subscriber orders only to find they had to manually un-add them has added to the mess.

I suspect that was something of a quiet* moment for the CS team when they realised what had gone wrong. :(

*:
As in murderously quiet


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
csy wrote:

Pending.... Come on! Subscribers first Gencon floor second. I could have bought this already at my local shop. What's the point of subscribing again?

It's not like gencon just snuck up behind the shipping department and said "hey email them and say early august. But then imply early September."

Didnt the email say "should ship by August 22nd"?

It's a common occurrence that subscribers get our stuff early, but it's not actually one of the promised benefits. 9 times out of ten, you'll get your stuff before street date, however that 1 time in ten is generally going to be August every year, in my experience.

Sovereign Court

csy wrote:

Pending.... Come on! Subscribers first Gencon floor second. I could have bought this already at my local shop. What's the point of subscribing again?

It's not like gencon just snuck up behind the shipping department and said "hey email them and say early august. But then imply early September."

The point of subscribing is guaranteed promos, usually cheaper, and almost always earlier access to the game.

Your local shop shouldn't be selling it yet, so don't fault Paizo for the fact that you already have it available somewhere else. Also, Gencon should very much come first. They have to have copies to be able to play, and more for subscribers to pick up. So, Gencon IS the subscribers you say you want to come first. As long as they're bringing some for demos and subscribers, it makes no sense not to bring more for people to buy. It sounds like what you want isn't specifically subscribers first, but you first.

While Gencon may not have snuck up on them, this is the first time a PACG game has released since all of us have discovered it, so it's very likely that they underestimated the demand for it.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

It is actually fine that the local shop is selling it. Street date was August 14th. So retailers can sell it after that.

But I do agree that the point of the subscription isn't guaranteed delivery before street date.

Sovereign Court

For whatever reason I assumed the "ship by" date was the street date. Now I'm unhappy... My local shop hasn't called me to say they have it, and I might have had it for last Saturday game night!!

Grand Lodge

Email received august 4th.

Quote

Expected to ship early August 2014

End quote

I'm not really mad it's just silly that I could, and should have, picked this up at gencon.

Grand Lodge

Patience. GenCon is rough on all publishers trying to release their new products. This happens every year, and is unfortunately unavoidable as most of the staff heads to the convention and takes the majority of their product with them to sell. It'll be sorted soon.


If it happens every year, why bother telling people that things will ship in early August? Why not simply clarify that shipping will occur after gencon?

Grand Lodge

Because they did successfully ship some products in early August, which is when the shipping process began. They just didn't fulfill all of the orders before everyone departed for GenCon.


Did they? I may have missed it, but I hadn't seen anyone post that they had received S&S by mail from their subscription.


Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Did they? I may have missed it, but I hadn't seen anyone post that they had received S&S by mail from their subscription.

People don't usually post when they got what they ordered. There has been discussion from people who have already been playing, though. None of those being from me, of course :(


People frequently make excited posts when they receive their order. In addition we have a thread entitled "Has anybody received their shipping email yet for S&S?" I didn't see anyone in that thread that who actually hadn't order shipped (several people whose order status is shipped, but UPS had yet to actually receive a package). I assue mos tof the people playing picked up the game at GenCon, though I would love to hear that I am wrong.

So, where are the people to whom ThreeyedSloth refers?

Grand Lodge

I wasn't referring specifically to the PACG, but people have received their August orders, myself included. I had ordered Iron Gods and the Tech Guide and received them last week before GenCon.


Andrew K wrote:

... Also, Gencon should very much come first. They have to have copies to be able to play, and more for subscribers to pick up. So, Gencon IS the subscribers you say you want to come first. As long as they're bringing some for demos and subscribers, it makes no sense not to bring more for people to buy. It sounds like what you want isn't specifically subscribers first, but you first.

While Gencon may not have snuck up on them, this is the first time a PACG game has released since all of us have discovered it, so it's very likely that they underestimated the demand for it.

There was a ton of Skull & Shackles boxes stacked up in the Paizo booth floor. There was apparently a completely separate area for subscribers to pick up the items they requested to pick up at GenCon (I can't validate that as I didn't opt to do this...) . If you were willing to wait in line to get into the Paizo booth you could have bought one it appeared.

The Class Decks for the organized play stuff basically arrived 10 minutes before the floor opened on thursday from what I understand. The only reason I went to the booth was to get some class decks for the sessions I had booked. Of course I ended up getting more than that.. obviously.. :) I tried to wait on the line thursday but I ran up against the D&D 5E session I booked so I had to bail, Friday was a little better.

Bottom line, there were tons of S&S available for general purchase at GenCon, and it looked like they did not sell out, so I would imagine once everyone gets back in the office after a hellish 4 day marathon and the units they shipped back from GenCon show up, they'll be fulfilling tons of subscriber orders.

Sometime by end of week sounds fair, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

Grand Lodge

I expect mine will show up in Sept. honestly, and thats ok. Im just frustrated that as a subscriber Im seemingly last in line.


Paizo says by 22nd


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
I was billed for this item almost two weeks ago; it should have shipped by now. If your going to delay sending it out, don't charge me.

When they first generate your order, they'll put a hold on your credit card which expires a few days later. I'd check your statement, as you'll probably find that charge has disappeared by now. Unfortunately, some banks don't display the difference between a hold and an actual charge to their customers.

Paizo don't finalise a payment until the product actually ships. If the payment has actually gone through but the package hasn't actually shipped, something has gone quite wrong. I'd give them a ring, or start a thread in the customer service forum and they'll sort it out, I'm sure.

I think it would be more correct to say that "Paizo doesn't USUALLY finalize a payment until the product actually ships". There are at least 6 of us for whom they did in fact charge but not ship (well they thought they shipped but the package didn't make it to UPS). This would appear to be a different but less common glitch than what most are seeing. The common denominator seems to be that we all ordered S&S PACG subscription and it was filled/shipped on about the 7th. I got my bill today and it has a charge on the 8th for my S&S PACG subscription, which is listed on the orders page as complete and shipped except -- that UPS doesn't have it. They are shipping other (non S&S PACG) preorders & subscriptions. For instance I got the S&S playmats on the 19th, they were shipped on the 13th (card charged on the 14th).

Posting in customer service and/or e-mailing hasn't worked for everybody, but a couple of people got generic replies stating that all orders should go out by the 22nd. But no mention that Paizo recognizes that we have already been charged two weeks ago.

In any event, hopefully it will ship tomorrow and I won't get charged a second time.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yes, usually would have been better. There are glitches from time to time, my apologies. I wanted to mention the "hold then release funds" issue, since that's often a source of confusion. I didn't mean to suggest there aren't genuine problems this month.

If you've paid but haven't had your order shipped I'd DEFINITELY chase it up with the CS team in the appropriate forum as something odd has happened and they may just assume you'll be sorted with everyone else which will be even more frustrating if its sitting in a dark corner of the warehouse somewhere. And nothing arrives in a further week's time.

I'd definitely start a new thread in the CS forum though, since they will be focussing their attention there, on the phone lines and the emails. They are more likely to miss a query buried down here.


Thanks Steve. I will give them until tomorrow and then start a thread if I don't hear anything.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Thanks Steve. I will give them until tomorrow and then start a thread if I don't hear anything.

They have some kind of problem but are trying to fix by tomorrow.

customer care wrote:
I'm working on an email and tech is working on some code which should be tested and ready tomorrow to address an issue that came up with card game subscription shipments for August. My hope is that this is all ready to go by tomorrow, possibly Monday at the latest.

Really, really hope they figure it out.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Thanks Steve. I will give them until tomorrow and then start a thread if I don't hear anything.

That's the best bet, I think - it's also worth checking the 'subcription information thread' in the customer service forums for any general statements. This is the thread pertaining to August's subscription run.

To be clear though, if your card was charged on August 7th or 8th (and it hasnt since been deleted by your bank) yet your subscription hasnt yet shipped then I'd get a bit more active now. Generally there can be a couple of days delay once the charge (as opposed to the authorisation) goes through, but it rarely takes longer than that before you get your shipping email (ie one saying "this order has been finalised and can no longer be altered").

It's a bit of a mess this month, but it does usually run like clockwork. :o


Over/under for seeing my order change to a true shipped status today? Man, I hope this happens today!!! SOOOOOO excited to get S&S in my hands!

1 to 50 of 166 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / When will s&s ship for preorder and sub customers. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.