In the Pathfinder 2014 and beyond seminar


Pathfinder First Edition General Discussion

101 to 150 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.

This is all so exciting- I must admit I was a little worried the Paizo design staff was afraid of trying new things, but between all the Tech-Guide, Iron Gods, and now Occult Adventures I can see I was wrong. Very wrong. I know many are calling for Paizo to keep Pathfinder lean and not produce what is viewed as 'bloat' but I love getting new stuff to add to my game, whether I end up hating it, loving it, or never even using it I like to see expansion out of my games, not stagnation.

Gen-Con 2014; I salute you! A great, great year to keep me waiting for the next!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Oh, Paizo.

You know how to make me a happy boy. Oh, yes.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

42 people marked this as a favorite.

On Thursday I conducted a dinner meeting with the design staff and Brandon Hodge, with the topic being Occult Adventures. We discussed the book's overall theme, its general contents, and an overview of the six new classes that will be included in it.

It was one of the most exciting, productive design meetings that I've ever had during my time at Paizo (which started on Day 1).

I learned the following things:

1) Jason Bulmahn, Logan Bonner, and Stephen Radney-MacFarland are fantastic game designers filled with tons of amazing and innovative ideas about where to take the Pathfinder rules system.

2) Mark Seifter is a FANTASTIC addition to the team. He has a fundamental understanding of the Pathfinder rules that makes him invaluable, and his extensive "real world" experience as a 5-star Pathfinder Society judge and frequent player gives him a practical expertise that I think will really aid the design team in general. We are lucky to have him.

3) Brandon Hodge is a 33rd degree occult badass. (I actually already knew this.)

4) So am I. (I knew this, too.)

5) Bulmahn is willing to let me go off on digressive riffs about the seven principles of mankind, Theosophy, reincarnation, the Astral and Ethereal Plane, and auras for about 7 minutes, but after that he starts to make fun of me.

6) Occult Adventures is going to be hugely popular, even among folks who might not think it is their cup of tea at the moment. People are going to love this book.

7) Not only will this book be a fantastic resource for ALL Pathfinder players, but it will show how much "design space" is still left in the Pathfinder rules engine. Some of the mechanical discussions under discussion are tremendously exciting.

I love the Advanced Class Guide, and I'm looking forward to Pathfinder Unchained, but the design of both of those books is predicated on existing character classes. There's a ton of innovative stuff in those books, but it's all predicated on stuff that already exists. This book is going to be full of fresh, exciting ideas that have not been done before, and I couldn't be happier to be working on it


Thanks for sharing this, Erik!

Honestly, between the Technology Guide (and related PF stuff), and what it sounds like Occult Adventures will have in it, it seems to me that the folks at Paizo are not only extending the life of traditional "fantasy" Pathfinder, but also providing a solid basis for extending the game well beyond those roots, and being able to use it to model other sorts of games (sci-fi, etc.) very easily, which I think goes along with your contention that there is still a lot of design space left.

Sovereign Court

Erik Mona wrote:
(stuff)

It sounds pretty exciting. A question though, if I may? When it was said they'd be more like Penny Dreadful than Prof X, did you mean the pulp genre or the signature character from Mage the Ascension? Because the latter would (also) be extremely awesome, and quite appropriate.


So did the tech guide sell well at gencon? Surely you guys ran out the minute you set the books down on the tables.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Neongelion wrote:
So did the tech guide sell well at gencon? Surely you guys ran out the minute you set the books down on the tables.

Blog is saying they ran out of that, the ACG and Fires of Creation yesterday


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Very excited by the words

Erik Mona wrote:
...the mechanical discussions under discussion are tremendously exciting.

I do think Occult Adventures will be very interesting and the six new base classes' concepts are equally "tremendously exciting".

Takes me back to when another OA introduced fantastic "new" character options for an earlier iteration of the world's oldest fantasy roleplaying game...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Very exciting, all of it. Didn't expect Occult Adventures so quickly after ACG. Not so sure about Inner Sea Races, since I don't use Golarion, but it's still probably going to be useful.


The only thing I'm worried about is the playtest time period. Hopefully, there is going to be a much longer playtest so the rules get a better pass over.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Brandon Hodge wrote:
I got to meet Mikaze!!!

I am filled with envy. Like you can't imagine. ;)

Also, any progress on getting traction for a supplement which explains how to build troops? I thought you wanted to bend some ears at GenCon. :p


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can't wait for the playtest and to find out what all 6 classes are called and there basic theme.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is this gonna be the Gencon 2015 hardcover? If so please let it get more editing passes than ACG.


Erik Mona wrote:

5) Bulmahn is willing to let me go off on digressive riffs about the seven principles of mankind, Theosophy, reincarnation, the Astral and Ethereal Plane, and auras for about 7 minutes, but after that he starts to make fun of me.

Are you a fan of Annie Besant?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes, the Occult Adventures is the Gencon 2015 hardcover release.

So of the six new classes, we have a Spiritualist, Mystic, and Kineticist. We might have a Medium and Telepath. I have no idea about the last one.


Mikaze, you're my hero!

Thanks for posting the updates!!!!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I've died. I am dead.

Hell's Rebels. Occult Adventures. Inner Sea Races. I just want to find every single person responsible for the awesome and give them a huge hug, then give Mikaze a hug as well for reporting it.

This is amazing news, all of it.

Liberty's Edge

Erik Mona wrote:

On Thursday I conducted a dinner meeting with the design staff and Brandon Hodge, with the topic being Occult Adventures.

I learned the following things:

7) Not only will this book be a fantastic resource for ALL Pathfinder players, but it will show how much "design space" is still left in the Pathfinder rules engine. Some of the mechanical discussions under discussion are tremendously exciting.

I love the Advanced Class Guide, and I'm looking forward to Pathfinder Unchained, but the design of both of those books is predicated on existing character classes. There's a ton of innovative stuff in those books, but it's all predicated on stuff that already exists. This book is going to be full of fresh,...

#7 is the one which worries me most, but it is gratifying to learn that the Paizo team has their eye on the same concerns that I share. Whether the choices Paizo may ultimately make in response to those same concerns are things I might have chosen is irrelevant. That really doesn't matter at all.

As long as you guys see the same potential problems, the path you take to deal with those concerns will probably make me (and most other Pathfinder fans) happy with the outcome.

Big Thumbs Up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ascalaphus wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:
(stuff)
It sounds pretty exciting. A question though, if I may? When it was said they'd be more like Penny Dreadful than Prof X, did you mean the pulp genre or the signature character from Mage the Ascension? Because the latter would (also) be extremely awesome, and quite appropriate.

I assume it's neither, and more a reference to the Showtime series. Especially since the series features quite a bit of 19th century spiritualism.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tels wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about is the playtest time period. Hopefully, there is going to be a much longer playtest so the rules get a better pass over.

Well...on the plus side, 6 classes might be more manageable than 10 on that front (and part of the book will be monsters, so the whole thing won't be player options). I do think 10 classes at once might have been a bit much, given Paizo's current production schedule.

although man, I do wonder about archetypes. since that potential section got a lot bigger now that ACG is out.


Mikaze wrote:

Next Summer hardcover: Occult Adventures

Six new psychic magic classes

Finally!

How wonderful :D

Silver Crusade

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Cool. Now finally we can assemble a team made up of a Human Gunslinger, a pair of Half-orc Slayers, a Wyrwood Druid and a Raccoonfolk Alchemist and have them team up with a wheelchair-bound Human Psychic and his uncanny students on a quest to save the galaxy from Dominion of the Black.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I keep hearing Occult Adventures and "hardback" in my head and I'm convinced I must be dreaming...

Everything I know about about Aleister Crowley, Dragon Rouge, the Lemegeton, Abramelin, magic squares, tarot readings, etc. fills my head and I'm recalling all the old related woodcuts I've seen over the years. If this book offers what I think it will, I'll finally be able draw players in for my Victorian-esque setting.

Don't let me wake up, Paizo!!!

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Everything announced sounds wonderful. I'm particularly interested in Paizo's take on psychic stuff, and indeed Occult Adventures in general.

Also Vudra and/or Distant Worlds APs sound like they may be in the offing...which also sounds wonderful.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Thank you for reporting Mikaze!!

Wow! I am really excited about the new products!

Sovereign Court

MMCJawa wrote:
Ascalaphus wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:
(stuff)
It sounds pretty exciting. A question though, if I may? When it was said they'd be more like Penny Dreadful than Prof X, did you mean the pulp genre or the signature character from Mage the Ascension? Because the latter would (also) be extremely awesome, and quite appropriate.
I assume it's neither, and more a reference to the Showtime series. Especially since the series features quite a bit of 19th century spiritualism.

Interesting. I was due for a new series anyway. Thanks! :)


I was just reading about chakra to better understand it and now this is announced. I love psionics but I prefer something in line with Vancian spell casting. I'm glad this is coming out.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:

Yes, the Occult Adventures is the Gencon 2015 hardcover release.

So of the six new classes, we have a Spiritualist, Mystic, and Kineticist. We might have a Medium and Telepath. I have no idea about the last one.

Yes, more iconics!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Occult Adventures is going to be perfect for my home setting. You can only have so many hippies with levels in druid before you get a little twitchy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

On Thursday I conducted a dinner meeting with the design staff and Brandon Hodge, with the topic being Occult Adventures. We discussed the book's overall theme, its general contents, and an overview of the six new classes that will be included in it.

It was one of the most exciting, productive design meetings that I've ever had during my time at Paizo (which started on Day 1).

I learned the following things:

1) Jason Bulmahn, Logan Bonner, and Stephen Radney-MacFarland are fantastic game designers filled with tons of amazing and innovative ideas about where to take the Pathfinder rules system.

2) Mark Seifter is a FANTASTIC addition to the team. He has a fundamental understanding of the Pathfinder rules that makes him invaluable, and his extensive "real world" experience as a 5-star Pathfinder Society judge and frequent player gives him a practical expertise that I think will really aid the design team in general. We are lucky to have him.

3) Brandon Hodge is a 33rd degree occult badass. (I actually already knew this.)

4) So am I. (I knew this, too.)

5) Bulmahn is willing to let me go off on digressive riffs about the seven principles of mankind, Theosophy, reincarnation, the Astral and Ethereal Plane, and auras for about 7 minutes, but after that he starts to make fun of me.

6) Occult Adventures is going to be hugely popular, even among folks who might not think it is their cup of tea at the moment. People are going to love this book.

7) Not only will this book be a fantastic resource for ALL Pathfinder players, but it will show how much "design space" is still left in the Pathfinder rules engine. Some of the mechanical discussions under discussion are tremendously exciting.

I love the Advanced Class Guide, and I'm looking forward to Pathfinder Unchained, but the design of both of those books is predicated on existing character classes. There's a ton of innovative stuff in those books, but it's all predicated on stuff that already exists. This book is going to be full of fresh,...

Well, i had hoped for psychic magig not being vancian, but let´s see what you make out of it. There is enough room left in that system that it could be good.

Occult Adventures sounds very promising. I hope for a strong Cthulluh vibe and a rules mechanism, that finally restricts metagaming and brings a lot more respect and horror to the heroes. This could also be in Pathfinder Unchained though. Yes it would restrict player freedom, but on the other hand it could/would create a better gaming experience very often i guess. Because all that metagaming and attacking everything and cheesepowerplay can get very unatmospherical while it is extremely hard to resist. Oh and if you do something like that, please take care so it can become PFS legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Ugh, psionics is so overpowered. My timetraveling friend once played with someone who played with someone who had a tiefling that was related to an aasimar psionic that broke the game.

Spoiler:
well you knew it was coming. Didn't you?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just noticed that the Know direction notes list a new Kineticist (ala psychokinetics, pyrokinetics, etc) class that is NOT a caster.

Incredibly intrigued on how something like that works.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
MMCJawa wrote:

Just noticed that the Know direction notes list a new Kineticist (ala psychokinetics, pyrokinetics, etc) class that is NOT a caster.

Incredibly intrigued on how something like that works.

Oooh, I missed that. Very interesting. My suspicion would be Supernatural or Spell-like abilities. Some probably at-will, while others might be limited use. Either way, you'd only get a few probably, but have lots of uses (I'd honestly bet on unlimited for many things) and better class features than actual casters to boot.

I'm thinking Witch Hex type things (only duplicating Fireball or Telekinesis rather than Sleep, Tongues, and Nightmare) on a full or 3/4 BAB chassis. No spellcasting, obviously. That'd be seriously cool, and very mechanically different from anything we've got, without being completely untried ground. It'd probably make all the 3.5 Warlock fans happy, too.


MMCJawa wrote:

Just noticed that the Know direction notes list a new Kineticist (ala psychokinetics, pyrokinetics, etc) class that is NOT a caster.

Incredibly intrigued on how something like that works.

3.5 warlock?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gorbacz wrote:
Cool. Now finally we can assemble a team made up of a Human Gunslinger, a pair of Half-orc Slayers, a Wyrwood Druid and a Raccoonfolk Alchemist...

Nah. I have a much better idea for a "Guardians of Golarion" makeup than that... I just need to get around to creating them (although now that ACG and Technology Guide are out. SOON!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
El Ronza wrote:
I just want to find every single person responsible for the awesome and give them a huge hug, then give Mikaze a hug as well for reporting it.

Mikaze should get more hugs just for being Mikaze.

MMCJawa wrote:
Tels wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about is the playtest time period. Hopefully, there is going to be a much longer playtest so the rules get a better pass over.

Well...on the plus side, 6 classes might be more manageable than 10 on that front (and part of the book will be monsters, so the whole thing won't be player options). I do think 10 classes at once might have been a bit much, given Paizo's current production schedule.

although man, I do wonder about archetypes. since that potential section got a lot bigger now that ACG is out.

I agree, 10 classes was too much, but so too was the time period too short.

However, this isn't going to be a playtest of just the classes, but also the mechanics of Psychic Magic. In addition, each of the classes will be custom built from the ground up, unlike in the ACG where the classes each had a parent class to draw abilities from.

So there's going to need to be playtests to ensure the classes function, but also playtests to ensure Psychic Magic functions well.

As for the book itself, I expect it to be very large.

-6 new classes with all new mechanics. (2-3 pages each)
-Archetypes for the 6 classes. (2-3 pages each)
-Archetypes for the 29 base classes that already exist, or new class features like Mysteries, Rage powers etc. (2-pages each like ACG)
-Prestige Classes (20-30 pages or so)
-Magic Items (A good 50 pages)
-Feats (A good 50 pages)
-Spells/Spell lists (A good 100 pages)
-New subsystem that comes out in every hardcover book (Word Casting, Armor as DR, Downtime etc.) (30 pages or so)

We're likely looking at a book that might go into the 350+ page count here. Although they could trim down the page down by cutting content like not including new material for each of 29 classes, or skimping out on the feats/spells and just recycling a lot of the spells from previous books and only developing a ~50 pages of spells or so.

Still, I expect this to be a rather large book once all is said and done.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Brandon Hodge wrote:
I got to meet Mikaze!!!

I meet him last year, I could have arranged this then. ;)

Sovereign Court

Mikaze wrote:

Strategy Guide will be an opt-in product for subscribers as it is geared towards new players.

Påthfįñdêr Unchained in April. They're trying a bunch of new things in a safe place.

Rogue will be able to inflict conditions with their attacks

Barbarian will be less mathy.

Full BAB monk!

Jason: "The Summoner is getting revised because it's broken.

Everyone laughed.

Fighter WILL be getting stuff. Everyone will.

Fatigue pool?

Much if not all of this was presented in PAIZOCON.


Marcus Robert Hosler wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

Just noticed that the Know direction notes list a new Kineticist (ala psychokinetics, pyrokinetics, etc) class that is NOT a caster.

Incredibly intrigued on how something like that works.

3.5 warlock?

That was exactly what I was thinking.


Tels wrote:
El Ronza wrote:
I just want to find every single person responsible for the awesome and give them a huge hug, then give Mikaze a hug as well for reporting it.

Mikaze should get more hugs just for being Mikaze.

MMCJawa wrote:
Tels wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about is the playtest time period. Hopefully, there is going to be a much longer playtest so the rules get a better pass over.

Well...on the plus side, 6 classes might be more manageable than 10 on that front (and part of the book will be monsters, so the whole thing won't be player options). I do think 10 classes at once might have been a bit much, given Paizo's current production schedule.

although man, I do wonder about archetypes. since that potential section got a lot bigger now that ACG is out.

I agree, 10 classes was too much, but so too was the time period too short.

However, this isn't going to be a playtest of just the classes, but also the mechanics of Psychic Magic. In addition, each of the classes will be custom built from the ground up, unlike in the ACG where the classes each had a parent class to draw abilities from.

So there's going to need to be playtests to ensure the classes function, but also playtests to ensure Psychic Magic functions well.

As for the book itself, I expect it to be very large.

-6 new classes with all new mechanics. (2-3 pages each)
-Archetypes for the 6 classes. (2-3 pages each)
-Archetypes for the 29 base classes that already exist, or new class features like Mysteries, Rage powers etc. (2-pages each like ACG)
-Prestige Classes (20-30 pages or so)
-Magic Items (A good 50 pages)
-Feats (A good 50 pages)
-Spells/Spell lists (A good 100 pages)
-New subsystem that comes out in every hardcover book (Word Casting, Armor as DR, Downtime etc.) (30 pages or so)

We're likely looking at a book that might go into the 350+ page count here. Although they could trim down the page down by cutting content like not including new material for each of 29...

Plus they have already mentioned that there probably will be a monster section, although unclear if they will be new monsters or stuff like reflavored intellect devourers

Kind of hard right now to say how much will need to be playtested. Prior to the announcement, it had been implied that Psychic magic would probably utilize spells found in other spell-lists. So for instance, A pyrokineticist probably would use the existing Fireball, even if the underlying mechanics utilize Fireball differently.

Granted this is still pretty heavily speculative. Since it sounds like this whole book is going to be a new subsystem, than I don't really expect separate subsystems, other than the general advice on integrating the rules for psychic magic into a setting/game.

I actually expect that this book will probably not be much larger than the other Gencon supplement releases. If only because I just don't think that is possible under the current production schedule.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ascalaphus wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:
(stuff)
It sounds pretty exciting. A question though, if I may? When it was said they'd be more like Penny Dreadful than Prof X, did you mean the pulp genre or the signature character from Mage the Ascension? Because the latter would (also) be extremely awesome, and quite appropriate.

I meant the recent Showtime television series.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
c873788 wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

5) Bulmahn is willing to let me go off on digressive riffs about the seven principles of mankind, Theosophy, reincarnation, the Astral and Ethereal Plane, and auras for about 7 minutes, but after that he starts to make fun of me.

Are you a fan of Annie Besant?

I have three of her books in my hotel room right now. :)

I tend to think C.W. Leadbeater is a better writer and brings more of a touch of the fantastic to his books, but both of them are invaluable.

Sovereign Court

Erik Mona wrote:
Ascalaphus wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:
(stuff)
It sounds pretty exciting. A question though, if I may? When it was said they'd be more like Penny Dreadful than Prof X, did you mean the pulp genre or the signature character from Mage the Ascension? Because the latter would (also) be extremely awesome, and quite appropriate.
I meant the recent Showtime television series.

Thanks :)

I just watched a couple of episodes. Well, I wanna see where this is going...


I happy about this news though I have noticed I know more about the AP after the Giant Slayer one. Was there any new info on the Giant Slayer AP?


Erik Mona wrote:
c873788 wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

5) Bulmahn is willing to let me go off on digressive riffs about the seven principles of mankind, Theosophy, reincarnation, the Astral and Ethereal Plane, and auras for about 7 minutes, but after that he starts to make fun of me.

Are you a fan of Annie Besant?

I have three of her books in my hotel room right now. :)

I tend to think C.W. Leadbeater is a better writer and brings more of a touch of the fantastic to his books, but both of them are invaluable.

I think Leadbeater is my favourite writer though I do enjoy Besant and Powell as well. Strangely enough, I've read very little of Blavatsky but I do have a cherished book of hers at home that is a very old, hard cover book which is essentially what I'd call a Bestiary that runs from A to Z. I think it is quite rare and it has makes for fascinating reading. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but I'll check when I get home.

Moving off the Theosophical texts, you may find Dion Fortune's Psychic Self-Defence both an entertaining read as well as an interesting source of information for your new book.


Was there any specific news about future release in the Pathfinder Companion Line, PG Campaign guides (beyond the Inner Sea Races of course), modules or novels?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Cool. Now finally we can assemble a team made up of a Human Gunslinger, a pair of Half-orc Slayers, a Wyrwood Druid and a Raccoonfolk Alchemist...
Nah. I have a much better idea for a "Guardians of Golarion" makeup than that... I just need to get around to creating them (although now that ACG and Technology Guide are out. SOON!)

Spoilering for the tangent...:
Yeah, I'm thinking Starlord has to have at least 5 levels of rogue or some other way to get rogue talents, because I can't imagine we'll ever see a better depiction of grig jig in use than when he drops it on Ronan at the end...
Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Shisumo wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Cool. Now finally we can assemble a team made up of a Human Gunslinger, a pair of Half-orc Slayers, a Wyrwood Druid and a Raccoonfolk Alchemist...
Nah. I have a much better idea for a "Guardians of Golarion" makeup than that... I just need to get around to creating them (although now that ACG and Technology Guide are out. SOON!)
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Archaeologist Bard is made for Starlord. Plus one level of Gunslinger for Dex-to-damage...which is enough since he's in a high-gun setting.

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Marcus Robert Hosler wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

Well...Occult Adventures won't be using the power point system of Psionics. SOOOO...yeah.

Ultimate Psionics is awesome, but some GMs probably will be even more reluctant to use Dreamscarred Press in Golarion games when this book comes out.

Sign of a poor GM or at least one that makes decisions without reading things.

Late to the party on this one, but just wanted to point out that this is a pretty unfair generalization. I love Dreamscarred Press' Ultimate Psionics, and backed in at a ridiculous level for the Kickstarter... ridiculous because I have no plans to actually use it. I backed it because I wanted to encourage the awesome work they do, but in my games (and the games I play in), we generally stick with Paizo stuff. Aside from me, most of the group don't spend a whole lot of time on Pathfinder, and it's just easier to stick with Paizo's content. Neither I nor the other GM in the group are poor GMs, nor are we ones to make knee-jerk reactions to ban stuff for no reason. Except gnomes. Because to hell with gnomes.

As for the announcements. So excited for Occult Adventures, and Hell's Rebels. Both of those get all of my love.

Random theosophy related question for Erik. Spoilered because it's not really Pathfinder related.

Question for Erik:
Been a long time since I've done much reading on it, but is the seven principles of mankind related in any way to the Seven Rays of Light or the Seven Rays of God? From memory (and we're going back at least 8 to 10 years or so here, back when I was in my mid teens), each ray represented a higher level of awareness, with each step gained resulting in the soul having a more pure spiritual nature, with the final ray being where they transcend the physical world entirely?

Sorry if I've misunderstood that entirely, like I said this is based on memories from a decade ago. It's something that interests me, even though I don't subscribe to the beliefs myself, so if you have any recommended reading, hit me with it :D Cheers.


Deadmanwalking wrote:
Shisumo wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Cool. Now finally we can assemble a team made up of a Human Gunslinger, a pair of Half-orc Slayers, a Wyrwood Druid and a Raccoonfolk Alchemist...
Nah. I have a much better idea for a "Guardians of Golarion" makeup than that... I just need to get around to creating them (although now that ACG and Technology Guide are out. SOON!)
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

I thought gunslingers didn't get dex to damage until 5th level? Or am I thinking of a different ability. I thought that's what their Gun Training was for.

101 to 150 of 232 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / General Discussion / In the Pathfinder 2014 and beyond seminar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.