Political Map


Pathfinder Online

51 to 100 of 130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Shaibes wrote:
The Federation of Free Settlements, or FFS.

Cool

Goblin Squad Member

Interesting that Andius would try and take the credit for the natural choices of most that landed there or chose that area long before the drama came out. Also that it is his idea that some of those might work together.

Goblin Squad Member

I doubt Andius would ever try and claim credit for others coming to a blatantly obvious and logical conclusion. It was just a bit of fun on my part.

Goblin Squad Member

-Aet- Areks wrote:
I doubt Andius would ever try and claim credit for others coming to a blatantly obvious and logical conclusion. It was just a bit of fun on my part.

Fair enough, Areks. No offence meant. It is His earlier posts that had me already feeling that he was thinking that way. Not yours. If I am wrong, then "My Bad".

Edit: This post should have a smiley. Just cause that's how I feel...

♡:)♡

Goblin Squad Member

My heart stopped a second until the JK part of the post. I could understand how people might take it is a fire starting comment.

Goblin Squad Member

Bringslite of Fidelis wrote:
-Aet- Areks wrote:
I doubt Andius would ever try and claim credit for others coming to a blatantly obvious and logical conclusion. It was just a bit of fun on my part.

Fair enough, Areks. No offence meant. It is His earlier posts that had me already feeling that he was thinking that way. Not yours. If I am wrong, then "My Bad".

Edit: This post should have a smiley. Just cause that's how I feel...

♡:)♡

Its all good bro. That's not what I've gleamed from his posts but whatevs.

I think he is very glad a large contingent of goodly folks did exactly as he advised others to do and see value in the same things he did. I don't think he's naive enough to believe that those folks did so based on the drama nor is he trying to take any credit for pointing out the obvious.

Just my observations.

Goblin Squad Member

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Areks, I'm sure Andius appreciates your attempts to keep this alive, and to keep reinforcing his message, but unless you're intentionally trying to stir up trouble, you might want to let it go.

Andius has an extremely skewed vision of what prompted our decisions, and we're not going to be baited into rehashing all the factors we weighed every time he goes on another rant.

I know it's fun to poke sticks at sleeping dragons, but it's not very wise. Maybe it really is better if we try to keep the boards free of this kind of plausibly deniable taunting and baiting.

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:

Areks, I'm sure Andius appreciates your attempts to keep this alive, and to keep reinforcing his message, but unless you're intentionally trying to stir up trouble, you might want to let it go.

Andius has an extremely skewed vision of what prompted our decisions, and we're not going to be baited into rehashing all the factors we weighed every time he goes on another rant.

I know it's fun to poke sticks at sleeping dragons, but it's not very wise. Maybe it really is better if we try to keep the boards free of this kind of plausibly deniable taunting and baiting.

Yet again I find myself in agreement. I am telling my folks leave the age old conflict alone. Even if the poking happens from the other side, I am asking my folks to leave it alone.

We don't have to pretend to like each other. Just don't bring it here.

Goblin Squad Member

There was no baiting nor plausible deniability. Bringslite made a comment about Andius's posts and I disagreed.

I made a joke about a naming convention in reference to Andius's opinion that K was valuable and why. I didn't mention anyone else.

What you infer is completely up to you. Don't like it, then infer something else.

Its that simple. It was a joke, it was not derogatory, nor inflammatory, and it made me chuckle as it probably did a few other folks.

Goblin Squad Member

I got a funny joke too!

"First Nationzz!"

*drops the mike*

(psst, nations are supposed to be contiguous)

j/k!

Goblin Squad Member

T7V Avari wrote:

I got a funny joke too!

"First Nationzz!"

*drops the mike*

(psst, nations are supposed to be contiguous)

j/k!

... Alaska and Hawaii... just saying...

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

/sigh

Goblin Squad Member

It's a really good map!

Goblin Squad Member

T7V Avari wrote:

I got a funny joke too!

"First Nationzz!"

*drops the mike*

(psst, nations are supposed to be contiguous)

j/k!

Lets not talk about American Samoa, Guam, PR, etc. ;)

Goblin Squad Member

<kabal> Bunibuni wrote:

It's a really good map!

Yes, the map is AWESOME!! (but I can't open it on my phone... get a 406 error.)

Goblin Squad Member

-Aet- Areks wrote:
T7V Avari wrote:

I got a funny joke too!

"First Nationzz!"

*drops the mike*

(psst, nations are supposed to be contiguous)

j/k!

Lets not talk about American Samoa, Guam, PR, etc. ;)

LOL, don't even know what I'm talking about.

Nice map!

Goblin Squad Member

-Aet- Areks wrote:
<kabal> Bunibuni wrote:

It's a really good map!

Yes, the map is AWESOME!! (but I can't open it on my phone... get a 406 error.)

Just tried it on my phone too, that's weird it looks like the hosting auto directs via JavaScript to a mobile version that only supports of few parts of the site. If you go to Aeonian League and take the normal web option you can take the link from there to it.

Goblin Squad Member

I think it's pretty safe to assume that those of us in the West/Northwest will gel into alliances and probably eventually nations.

Goblin Squad Member

And LMNO will for the Farmer's Collective?
What about the Lumberjacks QAcRT?

Goblin Squad Member

-Aet- Areks wrote:
Its all good bro. That's not what I've gleamed from his posts but whatevs.

You're reading it right. I believe many if not all of the groups in the NW have a good head on their shoulders. Many if not all of them may have come to the same conclusions about settlement picks without my topic on the subject, though some of them have told me my arguments were helpful in their internal debates.

So I believe they either came to their conclusions fully on their own (in which case I can take credit for being right) or my arguments were the small push needed to tip the scales. (in which case I can claim credit for being persuasive)

Either case is satisfying to me and I in no way mean to imply all groups that settled the NW did so purely because I said so.

Goblin Squad Member

Andius the Afflicted wrote:


You're reading it right. I believe many if not all of the groups in the NW have a good head on their shoulders. Many if not all of them may have come to the same conclusions about settlement picks without my topic on the subject, though some of them have told me my arguments were helpful in their internal debates.

So I believe they either came to their conclusions fully on their own (in which case I can take credit for being right) or my arguments were the small push needed to tip the scales. (in which case I can claim credit for being persuasive)

Either case is satisfying to me and I in no way mean to imply all groups that settled the NW did so purely because I said so.

The chest thumping will continue until morale improves!

Goblin Squad Member

Map Updated with The Gauntlet's alignment.

Also added a last updated tag, I'm also going to keep a changelog that I will post somewhere eventually, it might show interesting changes in information over time.

Goblin Squad Member

Duffy wrote:

Map Updated with The Gauntlet's alignment.

Also added a last updated tag, I'm also going to keep a changelog that I will post somewhere eventually, it might show interesting changes in information over time.

I recommend that you keep an archive of the previous versions of the map. There are weirdly fascinating videos on youtube if the EVE Sovereignty Map changing over time built using hundreds of days worth of still images, it'd be great to have that sort of thing for PFO in the future.

Goblin Squad Member

Easy enough to do, I'll start keeping copies of the final image and the raw .xcf file with all the layer data, that way I can theoretically grab several layers from different points in time and show their progression.

Also pretty sure I'm going to try and turn it into an interactive thing, it'll take a bit of effort as that's not my particular coding area of expertise (I'm mostly SQL databases) but it would be a neat and useful side project.

Edit: Here's a share where I'll keep the basic archive.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The highlands of course look like a good place to form some type of good alliance. There's a LAWFUL GOOD STARTER TOWN SETTLEMENT JUST NW OF ALL OF US. :D

Anyone paying attention at all could see this, but it's just one strategy.

Empire and the NC have another strategy. Everbloom has their own strategy. They are all just different and inventive ideas.

Actually if I had to pick one that was the most straight forward and least ingenuity/ no-brainer, it would be for the highlands to form something. Why haven't we yet? Well over the last 10 weeks, the neighbors have been switching quite a bit. Add into the mix Kabal showing off their sassy pants (tm) and it makes it a little more difficult to nail things down. LOL.

But the Land Rush is over. And I am SOOOOOOOO happy that it is. It was a great idea that ran too long and too hot in my opinion. We all took our focus off of what is really important. The game.

And I just got into Alpha (which I feel a little sheepish about because dozens of people are responsible for Ozem's success) and let me tell you that the game needs work. It has a ton of promise and some of the features I see in it are fantastic. I see the path they are forging, but they need our help. They need it a lot. I realize now that Dancey wasn't joking in the Kickstarter when they said they will be building the game around us. He really meant it.

So my suggestion is to shelve all this crap and focus on making this game really something.

Goblin Squad Member

FMS Quietus wrote:
So my suggestion is to shelve all this crap and focus on making this game really something.

Unfortunately, we can't do that until we are in the game. I think it would be helpful if each of the company leaders, of the major and most active companies, were given 3-5 alpha keys.

I already know who I would pass out 5 keys to, and it would benefit the game's development to have them in alpha. ;-)

Goblin Squad Member

Wow, Bluddwolf, I never even considered that you wouldn't've been the Aragon rep who created the Guild in Land Rush 2 and thus got the Alpha invite. You're so much "Aragon" in my head, I often don't think of others.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
FMS Quietus wrote:
So my suggestion is to shelve all this crap and focus on making this game really something.

The thing is that this stuff is the game. It's why most of us are here. The game is not the mechanics they are building, those are a tool and part of the game's rule set, but they are not the game. What part could be played that way, if played outside the context of all this, which even if it was mechanically complete, would be a very *boring game with little purpose because it's not designed to be played that way. Telling us to stop, is telling us to stop making the game because the game is both content and mechanics, and we are the content aspect of it.

*Disclaimer: Not taking into account the fact that some people would find it enjoyable none the less. Such things are subjective to the individual but I think a large portion of us came here for the same subjective reasons, fantasy political PvP sandbox. Hence why most of us are engaging in the political aspect even before the mechanics are in place.

Goblin Squad Member

FMS Quietus wrote:

The highlands of course look like a good place to form some type of good alliance. There's a LAWFUL GOOD STARTER TOWN SETTLEMENT JUST NW OF ALL OF US. :D

Anyone paying attention at all could see this, but it's just one strategy.

Empire and the NC have another strategy. Everbloom has their own strategy. They are all just different and inventive ideas.

Actually if I had to pick one that was the most straight forward and least ingenuity/ no-brainer, it would be for the highlands to form something. Why haven't we yet? Well over the last 10 weeks, the neighbors have been switching quite a bit. Add into the mix Kabal showing off their sassy pants (tm) and it makes it a little more difficult to nail things down. LOL.

But the Land Rush is over. And I am SOOOOOOOO happy that it is. It was a great idea that ran too long and too hot in my opinion. We all took our focus off of what is really important. The game.

And I just got into Alpha (which I feel a little sheepish about because dozens of people are responsible for Ozem's success) and let me tell you that the game needs work. It has a ton of promise and some of the features I see in it are fantastic. I see the path they are forging, but they need our help. They need it a lot. I realize now that Dancey wasn't joking in the Kickstarter when they said they will be building the game around us. He really meant it.

So my suggestion is to shelve all this crap and focus on making this game really something.

There is no reason we can not do both.

My most positive comment about the alpha thus far is the attitudes of the alpha players inside the game world. Everyone has been extremely helpful.

Goblin Squad Member

T7V Jazzlvraz wrote:
Wow, Bluddwolf, I never even considered that you wouldn't've been the Aragon rep who created the Guild in Land Rush 2 and thus got the Alpha invite. You're so much "Aragon" in my head, I often don't think of others.

The settlement was started by The Goodfellow.

The UNC has a ruling council and the power of the various "keys" are held by the members of the council. "Keys" refers to the power to create and shut down various control elements common in MMOs.

Bluddwolf: The UnNamed Company; The UNC forums / TS
The Goodfellow: Settlement Aragon; Argonian Shadow Slayers (company)
Talonfox: The Argonian Guard (company)
Xeen: The Exalted Bastards (company)

Sponsored Companies:

Sasori: Grim Maw Company
Kemedo: Lion Council (company)
Andius / Amarra: Sentinels of Echo Wood (company)

Joint Companies:

Monty Wolf: Wayfarers of Echo Wood (company).

The system is set up where no one person can shut the whole thing down. It also protects the intellectual property of the individual. This is why each company will be started by a different individual.

Goblin Squad Member

Probably the wrong place for this question but the title has "map" in it, so...

The hexes have transition boundaries that you pass when you leave/enter. Have any of you Alphateers noticed whether you can see other people (in the next hex) if you are close to the boundary?

Goblin Squad Member

3 people marked this as a favorite.

My point is all the drama adds up to nothing when there's fundamental game mechanics they need to be focused on. I could be wrong, but I don't see large scale PVP happening any time soon based on what I've seen. I even think skirmish fights are questionable at this point. When EE starts and you get killed because of ability delay, animation lock or your feat doesn't work right - something tells me that will be more important than who's mad at who on some forum.

Goblin Squad Member

Bluddwolf wrote:


I already know who I would pass out 5 keys to, and it would benefit the game's development to have them in alpha. ;-)

Wow! So generous of you to give me one of the keys, that you don't currently have, but when you do have them .... :-)

I never knew you cared!

Goblin Squad Member

Bringslite of Fidelis wrote:

Probably the wrong place for this question but the title has "map" in it, so...

The hexes have transition boundaries that you pass when you leave/enter. Have any of you Alphateers noticed whether you can see other people (in the next hex) if you are close to the boundary?

I think you can see NPCs at least, I saw a group chilling ahead of me and I took a wider berth around them and started hiccuping as I hit the hex load boundary. I think they were technically in the new hex but I'm not 100% sure.

FMS Quietus wrote:
My point is all the drama adds up to nothing when there's fundamental game mechanics they need to be focused on. I could be wrong, but I don't see large scale PVP happening any time soon based on what I've seen. I even think skirmish fights are questionable at this point. When EE starts and you get killed because of ability delay, animation lock or your feat doesn't work right - something tells me that will be more important than who's mad at who on some forum.

The fundamental mechanics are not content, they are a means to an end. Without the personal conflict to fuel the content, all they have is some heavy grinding content with the occasional random PvP competition for said mobs or gathering nodes that is driven by boredom more than actual competition of any sort. If that's all that's driving the game in EE they will probably have retention problems. Honestly, I would bail until OE if that was the case.

But that's not what's happening, instead people are organizing now and pooling ideas and resources, thus they will probably have a leg up on anyone who is not doing the same. And while doing so, personalities and philosophies are clashing. Fueling the drama and creating a basis for what will be the core content of the game. If they weren't we would have a very different, and I personally think, boring game state going into EE.

Goblin Squad Member

In the latest Adventures with Bonny, during the twitch feed they could obviously see them. Someone (Nihimon?) posted a video were he specifically said something to the extend of "watch out, there's a hex border between us and the (clearly visible) darksiders over there; there'll be major delay."

Goblin Squad Member

Thanks for the answers guys. :)

Sovereign Court Goblin Squad Member

albadeon wrote:
In the latest Adventures with Bonny, during the twitch feed they could obviously see them. Someone (Nihimon?) posted a video were he specifically said something to the extend of "watch out, there's a hex border between us and the (clearly visible) darksiders over there; there'll be major delay."

I'd anticipate that a lot of ambushes will be intentionally held near hex borders. As your enemy lags crossing the border you spring the attack to take advantage of their lag. It'd have to be ranged attacks to not get lagged yourself, but getting in a few seconds of attacks at the beginning of a fight while your enemy can't do anything due to lag has obvious advantages.

Whether it counts as an exploit or not is another matter.

Goblin Squad Member

Bringslite of Fidelis wrote:

Probably the wrong place for this question but the title has "map" in it, so...

The hexes have transition boundaries that you pass when you leave/enter. Have any of you Alphateers noticed whether you can see other people (in the next hex) if you are close to the boundary?

What you see on your mini-map is what you can see in-game, and it doesn't matter if it's across a hex boundary or a tile boundary.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It would be really nice if the tile boundaries were obvious, rather than only evident once you start lagging.

Goblin Squad Member

5 people marked this as a favorite.

So back somewhat on topic...

I've done some research and I think I can definitely make us a cool interactive map. Now the important question is what do we want it to do? At the very least it needs to duplicate what I have already done, which should be easy enough but will take me some time to work out all the busy work support code for it. Good news is once it's all in place I should be able to easily expand the map and add features.

So beyond the initial duplication I have three primary feature ideas:

1. Clicking on a settlement hex will bring up some info about the settlement (plus hex type) and if applicable some link to their site and any additional info such as say known openly public facilities, general hostility level, maybe eventually some territory laws and what not. This data would have to be collected by players but could be really handy.

2. Clicking on a non-settlement hex brings up the type, who controls the hex, and maybe some resources that can be found there and any known POIs, plus laws/hostility rating. Again all data would need to be player driven. Maybe some PvE information if things tend to be somewhat regular in that area.

3. This one is more of a stretch and I would back burner it to start but maybe keep track of some sort of market information to help out traders. All player driven so it would probably be delayed information at best, though I would expect this to be one of the least shared pieces of information and the hardest to reliably gather.

Anyone else got any ideas or opinions on these ones?

Goblin Squad Member

For 1), perhaps add in a player-name, or names, on the Paizo (or GW) boards, as that might be faster than contacting them through individual Company-boards or sites.

For 2), perhaps have special attention drawn, graphically, to those few hexes containing constrained materials. For example, in Alpha, Coal is available in only one hex, so everyone might want to know which hex that is as early as possible: crafters for using it, non-crafters for fighting over it.

Goblin Squad Member

Duffy wrote:
Apparently the Free Highlanders thing was never truly launched, dunno it's current state. I'm working on an update right now anyways I'll withdraw it.

Free Highlanders appears to be a thing after all.

"Alderwag is a signatory to the Free Highlanders Non Aggression Pact. As of the time of this posting the other signatories include: Ozem's Vigil, Forgeholm, Blackfeather Keep, and Terra Australis Incognito."

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Guurzak wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Apparently the Free Highlanders thing was never truly launched, dunno it's current state. I'm working on an update right now anyways I'll withdraw it.

Free Highlanders appears to be a thing after all.

"Alderwag is a signatory to the Free Highlanders Non Aggression Pact. As of the time of this posting the other signatories include: Ozem's Vigil, Forgeholm, Blackfeather Keep, and Terra Australis Incognito."

There are others signed. I would like to let them announce if they wish to.

Goblin Squad Member

Yeah, I imagine they'd have announced it here themselves if they'd wanted it announced here.

Goblin Squad Member

I can understand that viewpoint, but I lean more towards "information wants to be free" and "if they didn't want this generally known they shouldn't have posted it on an unsecured website and then linked to that site on the forums".

Goblin Squad Member

Not a big deal really. No agreements were made to either announce or keep anything from Da Pooblic. ;)

Goblin Squad Member

Looks like the NW will hopefully be covered in yellow hexes again, eh? :)

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Yeah, I imagine they'd have announced it here themselves if they'd wanted it announced here.

I also hope they do, soon. So we can update the political map and use this info in all our diplomatic, trade, military and similar conversations. :)

Goblin Squad Member

Making the update now, who is Alderwag? The Gauntlet?

Edit: Never mind, found their other announcement post.

Goblin Squad Member

Map Updated with the renaming of 'The Gauntlet' to 'Alderwag', renamed 'Agents of Erastil' to 'Blackfeather Keep', and added the 'Free Highlanders' Pact to the Pacts/Alliances layer.

51 to 100 of 130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Political Map All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.