Fuffy's OMGGGGGGGG It's almost Gencon!!!!


Pathfinder Society

1 to 50 of 53 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

In the spirit of I'm about to have an awesome weekend the weekend before Gencon and expect tat to tide me over until Gencon..

What are you looking forward to the most at Gencon? We'll keep the PFS related cause .. we gotta ..

I'm looking forward to seeing friends I haven't seen since last year, and some close ones from Iowa I haven't seen since I moved.

I'm wondering how many people are going to try and pet the purple bunny.. or if people will know who I am

I'm wondering if my ears are going to stay on!! the purple leather makes them kinda heavy lol.

I'm excited to see new PFS players be all excited about OP system and get into it as much as I am

PFCBG

5/5

Playing with a whole bunch of new people.

Experiencing my first large multi table special.

Experimenting with the madness which is in the Advanced Class Guide.

Exploring Bonekeep for the first time (the UK has a very small convention scene).

Seeing how the next card game expansion works.

Experimenting with the card game Organised Play

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I look forward to seeing everyone I met last year at GenCon and have not seen since. I look forward to the chance I will have the same server at Scotty's and if she will remember us. I look forward to meeting all the new people at my tables.

PFCBG, you moved?

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

I am looking forward to my first Gen Con, and meeting all the crazy people whose posts I have been reading for the last two years.

I am also very much looking forward to playing the specials in such a crazy environment, running games for people I have never met (and inflicting the joy that is We Be Goblins on them!)

See you all very soon!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

I'm looking forward to playing Legacy of the Stonelords, where both my Aasimar cleric and my brother's Tiefling cleric will hit level 12 (this will be only the second time we've been able to play them together).

That, and getting my hands on all that juicy ACG stuff, and poring through the whole book that morning so I can find all the goodies I want.


jon dehning wrote:

I look forward to seeing everyone I met last year at GenCon and have not seen since. I look forward to the chance I will have the same server at Scotty's and if she will remember us. I look forward to meeting all the new people at my tables.

PFCBG, you moved?

Lol .. back in October .. I'm a Southern bunny now in Nashville

Sovereign Court 4/5

I'm looking forward to a GenCon of mostly playing and seeing lots of friends.

Grand Lodge

Although this is not my first Gen Con, it will be my first as a member of the Pathfinder Society.
Other than two miniature war games that I am running, my whole con will be Pathfinder society.
I'm hoping to have a great deal of fun with some great people, and maybe get a level or two if I don't get killed off.

Bringing 5 characters so I will have to die every session before having to use a pre-gen.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
What are you looking forward to the most at Gencon? We'll keep the PFS related cause .. we gotta ..

• Being able to say I've been to GenCon! :D

• Hoping to meet some Paizo staff and/or forum peeps—not least of which is you, PFCBG, so I can give you a proper in-person thanks for the kitsune boon you gave my wife, from which she's derived much enjoyment. :)
• Wrapping up my favorite character's two-year story (technically he'll be landing at 11.2 rather than 12.0, but still).

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Jiggy wrote:


3. Wrapping up my favorite character's two-year story (technically he'll be landing at 11.2 rather than 12.0, but still).

WHAAAAAT???!!! We planned this!

Oh well. I still get to finish off my Caves/Exploration domain, adopted by Dwarves, cleric of Torag's career by exploring a Sky Citadel. Yeehaw!


Jiggy wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
What are you looking forward to the most at Gencon? We'll keep the PFS related cause .. we gotta ..

• Being able to say I've been to GenCon! :D

• Hoping to meet some Paizo staff and/or forum peeps—not least of which is you, PFCBG, so I can give you a proper in-person thanks for the kitsune boon you gave my wife, from which she's derived much enjoyment. :)
• Wrapping up my favorite character's two-year story (technically he'll be landing at 11.2 rather than 12.0, but still).

blushes

someone wants to meet me??

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Im looking forward to showing people why mammoths dare not tread in certain places.

And seeing people.


I want to see how many of my tables of Weapon In the Rift I can convince to go hard mode. >=)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I’ve been attending GenCon for quite a few years now and I always try to meet new people each year. If I am able to, I also like to put a name behind the face (avatar) I see online. I had the pleasure to meet Kyle Elliot for the first time last GenCon. :)

Although this year I am looking forward to it even more, as one of my best friends is finally able to go for the first time, and I am looking forward to showing him the ins and outs of the con, and why I have always enjoyed going.

Seth Gipson wrote:

Im looking forward to showing people why mammoths dare not tread in certain places.

And seeing people.

Seth, my friends and I (including my friend referenced above) are signed up for Mammoths on Thursday at 1 p.m., hope we get your table!

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Wisconsin—Madison aka Totenpfuhl

I'm looking forward to/dreading running at Gen Con for the first time.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends who I dont get nearly enough time to see. Looking forward to meeting new friends too. I'm looking forward laying siege to dozens of meddling pathfinders in the mwangi expanse. I'm looking forward to the players entering the grand throne room of Jormurdun on my 3D terrain (that means I actually have to finish it now.)


Carlos Robledo wrote:
I want to see how many of my tables of Weapon In the Rift I can convince to go hard mode. >=)

You're an evil man, Carlos. Btw, I did the math the other day, and you've sent either me or my wife to neg con and beyond at 60% of your tables we've played at. I found that interesting. Still one of my favorite GMs. I must be a masochist.

Personally, I'm looking forward to putting faces to a lot of people who I've only seen argue with each other over the message boards. Based on these boards, I won't be surprised if a fist fight breaks out every five minutes. :)

Oh yeah, and running the special. Looking forward to that, too! Should be a great weekend!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
What are you looking forward to the most at Gencon? We'll keep the PFS related cause .. we gotta ..
  • Drinking with friends.
  • Gaming with friends.
  • Hanging out with friends.
  • Running scenarios for complete strangers.
  • Seeing three different scenarios I wrote being played at freaking Gen Con.
  • Getting (most of) the group back together for Bonekeep.
  • Playing the Friday Night Special instead of running it.

The Exchange 5/5 Venture-Captain, Washington D.C. aka Grolick

Kyle Baird wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
What are you looking forward to the most at Gencon? We'll keep the PFS related cause .. we gotta ..
  • Drinking with friends.
  • Gaming with friends.
  • Hanging out with friends.
  • Running scenarios for complete strangers.
  • Seeing three different scenarios I wrote being played at freaking Gen Con.
  • Getting (most of) the group back together for Bonekeep.
  • Playing the Friday Night Special instead of running it.

I think there might be some brownies for you too.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

I'm looking forward to:
- playing my first game at GenCon. I've run about 14 games, but I have yet to play one.
- playing with Thod, his son, and a slew of VOs at the Blakros Museum. I love that place! ;D
- meeting people from the forums for the first time as well as those I've met in the past. It's always fun to put faces to names.
- Scotty's precon games. I get to play with my first goblin (that was Garble you signed up with, right Kyle)
- playing at my first all 5-star GMs as players table. Should be... interesting...
- showing off the terrain I've done for my games. :)


Trevor Burroughs wrote:
I think there might be some brownies for you too.

No carrot cake?

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

Last time I went to GenCon...

I helped GM Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved/Ptolus crossover.

The time before that...

It was the last year in Milwaukee

This time...

I'm demoing the ACG for ~100800 seconds

I'm looking forward to finally retiring the fist of my original 5 characters (one for each faction, created during season 1)

3/5

Seeing my gaming friends. Playing at Scotty's.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The purple leather ears have been packed ... GenCon you have been warned Fluffy is on her way.... tomorrow *sigh*

Liberty's Edge 4/5 Venture-Captain, Indiana—Northern

Kyle Baird wrote:
Trevor Burroughs wrote:
I think there might be some brownies for you too.
No carrot cake?

I believe there is carrot cake on the Pathfinder menu at Scotty's :)

If that helps. Heh.

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Terrain and maps are packed. I've got some last minute prep for Friday's special yet to do. Wife is finishing up putting together my pawns (while reading Emerald Spire that she's offered to try running for our home group :D). And I'm thinking hard about if I've forgotten to pack anything.

5/5

Packing is done. Early start tomorrow, only have to fly half way around the world.


Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
And I'm thinking hard about if I've forgotten to pack anything.

Lol .. that's me today .. my apartment flooded again over the weekend so it's a disaster and I'm trying to find things .. knowing that once I'm done with work (office the only room not messed up) and at the boyfriends to sleep I won't be home til after gencon .. I won'g have time to do that last minute morning before leaving check

3/5

In last minute pack/prep mode. Leave pre-dawn Wednesday. Still doing some last minute prep on Friday Special, Bonekeep has a little more work.

Now what have I forgotten. ???????

Oh, and I'm also in minimalist mode. Trying to take as little as possible. Most of my books are staying home.

. . . .

5/5

I have all my books on the tablet as well as print outs of what I am using together with copies of the pregens just in case.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

I typically lug my huge laptop around to provide my PDF sources for PFS, but I'm thinking of downloading them all to my phone. But that means a last-minute trip to buy a portable phone charger; any suggestions?


RainyDayNinja wrote:
I typically lug my huge laptop around to provide my PDF sources for PFS, but I'm thinking of downloading them all to my phone. But that means a last-minute trip to buy a portable phone charger; any suggestions?

phone stuff would mean less cords .. there is no guarantee that you will find a spot to plug it in and cords looping across the floor are a major hazard

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
I typically lug my huge laptop around to provide my PDF sources for PFS, but I'm thinking of downloading them all to my phone. But that means a last-minute trip to buy a portable phone charger; any suggestions?
phone stuff would mean less cords .. there is no guarantee that you will find a spot to plug it in and cords looping across the floor are a major hazard

Right. I usually don't have battery problems, because I rarely even have to pull out my laptop to provide a source. I just use the PRD app and browser on my phone, but I want to make sure it will last all day. So I'm looking for one of those external batteries I can plug my phone into instead of relying on a wall socket.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

Grand Lodge 2/5

I'm excited that I get a couple days off work. Then I get to drive downtown in rush hour (yay..). Then I get to go to the best four days in gaming (YAY!)!

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

You sure they're going to show up today?

Anyway, I can bring a backpack and computer bag, if you want one. And I've got piles of water bottles from work.


RainyDayNinja wrote:
Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

You sure they're going to show up today?

Anyway, I can bring a backpack and computer bag, if you want one. And I've got piles of water bottles from work.

peeks at pile

da bunny wikes gifts too

puts on her best big bunny face

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

You sure they're going to show up today?

Anyway, I can bring a backpack and computer bag, if you want one. And I've got piles of water bottles from work.

peeks at pile

da bunny wikes gifts too

puts on her best big bunny face

You want some of my old, used, crumpled water bottles I brought home from work? OK, I guess...

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

RainyDayNinja wrote:
Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

You sure they're going to show up today?

Anyway, I can bring a backpack and computer bag, if you want one. And I've got piles of water bottles from work.

Well, I already have a backpack, but for logistical reasons wanted a messenger bag for GenCon. The sleeve sort of goes along with that. The water bottle just happens to be in the same order.


RainyDayNinja wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Ordered a messenger bag, tablet sleeve and water bottle from Amazon.

On the 2nd.

Still waiting on it.

Can't leave until then...

You sure they're going to show up today?

Anyway, I can bring a backpack and computer bag, if you want one. And I've got piles of water bottles from work.

peeks at pile

da bunny wikes gifts too

puts on her best big bunny face

You want some of my old, used, crumpled water bottles I brought home from work? OK, I guess...

awww bunny thought they were nice nifty kewl bottles *pout*

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

But just think PFCBG, those are the bottles that he offered his brother as a favor. :/


Jiggy wrote:
But just think PFCBG, those are the bottles that he offered his brother as a favor. :/

giggles behind her paws what a brother!!!

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Still upset I won't make it to GenCon this Year... :(

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Minnesota—Minneapolis aka Silbeg

RainyDayNinja wrote:
Right. I usually don't have battery problems, because I rarely even have to pull out my laptop to provide a source. I just use the PRD app and browser on my phone, but I want to make sure it will last all day. So I'm looking for one of those external batteries I can plug my phone into instead of relying on a wall socket.

RDN, I am bringing a 13000mA portable charger that you could borrow in an emergency. I don't expect to need it (my iPad usually is good for at least a day's gaming), so the only caveat would be that if I need it. Of course, with us sharing two evening tables, and that's when it is likely we will run short.

4/5

My first Gencon, first public table games and first PFS games. I'm excited, anxious and nervous all in one. Any recommendations on things I should bring?


The Rising Phoenix wrote:
My first Gencon, first public table games and first PFS games. I'm excited, anxious and nervous all in one. Any recommendations on things I should bring?

your character and the things you'll need for it

dice
pencil/pen
fun attitude

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

/sigh

Still waiting on Amazon. Shipping status has been "Out for delivery" since 5am. It's now 1:30pm.

:/

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

I'm excited. EXCITED!

---
Story time...
Back in season 1, I built 5 character, one for each faction.

1. Zapa - Qadirian Siege Engineer (Multiclass Shadow Dancer) - He retired after Eyes of the Ten and Siege of the Diamond City at level 14.

2. Devin, the Mortician - Andoran Cleric of Sarenrae - Retired at level 15 with GM credit from Eyes of the Ten and Jade Regent 6. Last played in Academy of Secrets

3. Soryan - Osirion Sand Merchant (Secret Chelixian agent) - Retired at level 12 after defeating Krune on Hard Mode.

4. Griff - Osirion Athlete (Ranger/Barbarian/Living Monolith) - Retired at level 12 (although with the changes to living monolith I just finished him off with GM credit from level 9)

5. Killasavariuns (aka Mr. K) Elven Priest (wizard) of Asmodeous. Lives in Cheliax, secret agent of Taldor. He is currently 11.1 and is playing Wrath of the Accursed at Scotty's followed by Legacy of the Stonelords at GenCon.

So ~5 years after I started, I am finally retiring the last of my original characters. While I'm looking forward to an epic conclusion for Mr. K I am also a bit sad.

Grand Lodge 2/5

Jiggy wrote:

/sigh

Still waiting on Amazon. Shipping status has been "Out for delivery" since 5am. It's now 1:30pm.

:/

The USPS (via amazon) actually delivered my combat pad on a Sunday. That was unexpected.

Grand Lodge

I'm very jealous of all of you. Hopefully I get the chance to attend next year. Have a great time Fluffy, and everyone else as well. :D

1 to 50 of 53 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Fuffy's OMGGGGGGGG It's almost Gencon!!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.