Advanced Class Guide Potential Errors


Product Discussion

1 to 50 of 1,125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

p65
Missing Earth Blessing header


15 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 2 people marked this as a favorite.

Stygian Slayer Archetype:

Quote:

A stygian slayer is proficient with light armor, but not with medium armor, heavy armor, or any kind of shield (including tower shields).

This replaces the slayer’s weapon and armor proficiency.

So stygian slayer isn't even proficient with simple weapons?


Did copies already get sent out? oO


Subscribers should be getting them, yes.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

I got the shipping mail some hours ago, so I was able to download the PDF


I am..beyond jealous....
and now I'm quite curious about any errors.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

3 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is the Slashing Grace feat really supposed to give DEX to damage on a set of weapons that don't get DEX to hit? Can't help wondering whether it was supposed to either apply to light AND one-handed weapons (instead of just one-handed) or else grant DEX to hit in addition to DEX to damage (like Dervish Dance).

Liberty's Edge

Jiggy wrote:
Is the Slashing Grace feat really supposed to give DEX to damage on a set of weapons that don't get DEX to hit? Can't help wondering whether it was supposed to either apply to light AND one-handed weapons (instead of just one-handed) or else grant DEX to hit in addition to DEX to damage (like Dervish Dance).

It does work for Swashbucklers, and is clearly a Feat designed for that class...so probably this isn't a mistake per se, just a weird (and IMO not so good) decision.

EDIT: And they have the rapier version available to everyone, too!

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Yeah, I've since seen more info on it, but can't delete my post. :/

Shadow Lodge

7 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

The investigator typo made it into final print:

At 4th level, an investigator can use a move action to study a single enemy that he can see.

And then later:

Quick Study (Ex): An investigator can use his studied combat ability as swift action instead of a standard action.

That's been the most glaring one I've discovered in a few hours browsing the PDF thus far, which is pretty impressive given it weighs in at 250 pages. Far above the grade of Season 5 PFS scenarios. =/


I JUST found the quick study one. Well back to reading.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Not sure if this will be the official errors page, but here's one from the Bloodrager
Pg. 21, Dark Wings:

Quote:

At 16th level, your fly speed increases to 80 feet with good maneuverability. At 20th level, your fly speed increases to

80 feet with good maneuverability.

Liberty's Edge

Pg 51, Skald Class, Versatile Performance : "At 7th level, and every 5 levels thereafter, the bard can select an additional type of Perform to substitute." ;-)

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

It makes me a little sad faced that Paizo has been having so many problems with editing lately.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

p. 44 - The Friend to Animals hex grants the Shaman the ability to cast summon nature's ally spells spontaneously, but those spells don't appear to be on the Shaman spell list.


10 people marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

verminous hunter
pg. 98
Leech

"deals 1 point of bleed damage every time it succeeds at a grapple combat maneuver check to damage an opponent (this bleed stacks with itself)"

at end of it says

"Bleed damage from this ability does not stack with itself."

Does it stack or not. One is wrong.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
mswbear wrote:
It makes me a little sad faced that Paizo has been having so many problems with editing lately.

It's fine, they'll just have us proofread it for free and then make us buy all the copies in print if we want to see an updated version in the future. :)

Welcome to capitalism, kids.


4 people marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Page: 101
Topic: Mastermind Archetype / Mastermind's Inspiration
Error Type: Text Error / Ommission
Text in question: "...any Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge, or skill checks without spending a use of inspiration."
Possible Solution: or before "Knowledge" or a skill name missing after "or"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Page 198: Unliving Rage provides a bonus to Constitution but it only affects undead creatures. Should that be Charisma instead? That would be the most analogous ability score.

Contributor

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Unliving rage is a little unclear at a first reading, but it actually works in a roundabout way. Undead barbarians who rage get +Cha instead of +Con, so an effect that's otherwise identical to barbarian's rage should likewise grant undead creatures +Cha. It would be more direct if the spell just said +Cha, but it doesn't. Perhaps because we didn't want it to do anything weird when combined with bear's endurance or eagle's splendor.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashram wrote:
mswbear wrote:
It makes me a little sad faced that Paizo has been having so many problems with editing lately.

It's fine, they'll just have us proofread it for free and then make us buy all the copies in print if we want to see an updated version in the future. :)

Welcome to capitalism, kids.

and if the fixes get too lengthy they wont even do them--or else their page count/references get ruined (oh the prices we pay for pagecount)


4 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ecclesitheurge has me rather confused.
Ecclesitheurge’s Vow: At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.
The last two are clear, but there is no blessing of the faithful ability...?

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

2 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.
Necrovox wrote:

Ecclesitheurge has me rather confused.

Ecclesitheurge’s Vow: At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.
The last two are clear, but there is no blessing of the faithful ability...?

Clerics are my favorite class, so this was the first thing I read in the ACG. I am disappointed to see such an error.

Next Issue:

Bonded Holy Symbol wrote:

At 3rd level, an ecclesitheurge forms a powerful bond with a holy symbol of his deity, akin to a wizard’s bonded object...

For example, an ecclesitheurge with a bonded holy symbol necklace must be at least 3rd level to add magic abilities to the item...

It says you must choose a holy symbol, it isn't worded to allow a choice like the wizard's bonded object. Since a holy symbol is slotless, the cost penalties for enhancing it seem to make this ability not nearly worthwhile when compared to the wizard's bonded object. Also, necklaces aren't a legal choice for a wizard's bonded object.

Balance: This archetype seems to be the worst cleric archetype to date. The altered weapon and armor proficiency seems balanced with domain mastery & bonded holy symbol, but nowhere near worth the penalty imposed by the ecclesitheurge’s vow. Maybe the missing blessing of the faithful ability would make this archetype more balanced?

Spoiler:
Why do Paizo designers/editors hate the cleric so much?


Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Necrovox wrote:

Ecclesitheurge has me rather confused.

Ecclesitheurge’s Vow: At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.
The last two are clear, but there is no blessing of the faithful ability...?

Clerics are my favorite class, so this was the first thing I read in the ACG. I am disappointed to see such an error.

Next Issue:

Bonded Holy Symbol wrote:

At 3rd level, an ecclesitheurge forms a powerful bond with a holy symbol of his deity, akin to a wizard’s bonded object...

For example, an ecclesitheurge with a bonded holy symbol necklace must be at least 3rd level to add magic abilities to the item...

It says you must choose a holy symbol, it isn't worded to allow a choice like the wizard's bonded object. Since a holy symbol is slotless, the cost penalties for enhancing it seem to make this ability not nearly worthwhile when compared to the wizard's bonded object. Also, necklaces aren't a legal choice for a wizard's bonded object.

Balance: This archetype seems to be the worst cleric archetype to date. The altered weapon and armor proficiency seems balanced with domain mastery & bonded holy symbol, but nowhere near worth the penalty imposed by the ecclesitheurge’s vow. Maybe the missing blessing of the faithful ability would make this archetype more balanced? ** spoiler omitted **

Quote:
Wizards who select a bonded object begin play with one at no cost. Objects that are the subject of an arcane bond must fall into one of the following categories: amulet, ring, staff, wand, or weapon. These objects are always masterwork quality. Weapons acquired at 1st level are not made of any special material. If the object is an amulet or ring, it must be worn to have effect, while staves, wands, and weapons must be held in one hand. If a wizard attempts to cast a spell without his bonded object worn or in hand, he must make a concentration check or lose the spell. The DC for this check is equal to 20 + the spell's level. If the object is a ring or amulet, it occupies the ring or neck slot accordingly.

Pretty sure there is your necklace option for the Wizard's Bonded Object right there.

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Suichimo wrote:
Quote:
Wizards who select a bonded object begin play with one at no cost. Objects that are the subject of an arcane bond must fall into one of the following categories: amulet, ring, staff, wand, or weapon. These objects are always masterwork quality. Weapons acquired at 1st level are not made of any special material. If the object is an amulet or ring, it must be worn to have
Pretty sure there is your necklace option for the Wizard's Bonded Object right there.
Grasshopper, you have much to learn.
CRB Magic Items wrote:

A humanoid-shaped body can be decked out in magic gear consisting of one item from each of the following groups, keyed to which slot on the body the item is worn.

Neck: amulets, brooches, medallions, necklaces, periapts, and scarabs.

Neck is the group, while amulet and necklace are two different items listed in the group that fit in that slot.


Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Suichimo wrote:
Quote:
Wizards who select a bonded object begin play with one at no cost. Objects that are the subject of an arcane bond must fall into one of the following categories: amulet, ring, staff, wand, or weapon. These objects are always masterwork quality. Weapons acquired at 1st level are not made of any special material. If the object is an amulet or ring, it must be worn to have
Pretty sure there is your necklace option for the Wizard's Bonded Object right there.
Grasshopper, you have much to learn.
CRB Magic Items wrote:

A humanoid-shaped body can be decked out in magic gear consisting of one item from each of the following groups, keyed to which slot on the body the item is worn.

Neck: amulets, brooches, medallions, necklaces, periapts, and scarabs.
Neck is the group, while amulet and necklace are two different items listed in the group that fit in that slot.

I guess the sticklers over in PFS probably wouldn't let you do it, but I'd bet good money that any of my DMs would allow you to enchant it as a neck slot. Limiting it to just the amulets is just unfair, even to our beings of phenomenal cosmic power.


Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Why do Paizo designers/editors hate the cleric so much?

That is a question asked at my table about once a game session. They just don't really have any class features to keep them competitive with everything else released. Thus, archetypes have little to realistically change.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
Unliving rage is a little unclear at a first reading, but it actually works in a roundabout way. Undead barbarians who rage get +Cha instead of +Con, so an effect that's otherwise identical to barbarian's rage should likewise grant undead creatures +Cha. It would be more direct if the spell just said +Cha, but it doesn't. Perhaps because we didn't want it to do anything weird when combined with bear's endurance or eagle's splendor.

Is that part of the undead creature type's "use Cha as Con" or is there somewhere else that calls that out more specifically? I can see your point about implicit vs explicit Cha -> Con for non-undead critters that get targeted as though they were.

Thanks for that tip - it makes undead barbarians feel a lot more like they probably should.

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Berinor wrote:
Is that part of the undead creature type's "use Cha as Con"

Yep! I thought we had a FAQ about it at some point, but I can't find it right now (but perhaps that's because it's 7am and I haven't gone to sleep yet).

Liberty's Edge

Hmmm.. My advanced class guide says adventure path instead of roleplaying game on the front cover. not rules related, but it made me look at the book twice to make sure it was really the same book.


Richard D Webb wrote:
Hmmm.. My advanced class guide says adventure path instead of roleplaying game on the front cover. not rules related, but it made me look at the book twice to make sure it was really the same book.

There's a blog post about that. :)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

heh, I missed that Blog post, I tried searching for everything I could think of. Oh well, it's a cool conversation piece, and the contents are what matter :)

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

archmagi1 wrote:

p65

Missing Earth Blessing header

As it reads right now, the destruction blessing of the warpriest has 2 minor and 2 major powers.

Works out well for my warpriest or Zon-Kuthon...

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
archmagi1 wrote:

p65

Missing Earth Blessing header

As it reads right now, the destruction blessing of the warpriest has 2 minor and 2 major powers.

Works out well for my warpriest or Zon-Kuthon...

Are they a two-weapon fighter? One weapon for foes, one weapon for yourself?


13 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

The Bolt Ace as written retains proficiency with all firearms and the Gunsmith class ability, meaning they get the Gunsmithing feat and start with a battered firearm of some sort.

Is that intentional, or should those things have been traded away, too?

(I think I'll give them proficiency with all crossbows, and some other feat or ability.)


Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Necrovox wrote:

Ecclesitheurge has me rather confused.

Ecclesitheurge’s Vow: At 1st level, an ecclesitheurge makes a vow to his deity to be protected solely by his faith, not by armor or shields. An ecclesitheurge who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to use his blessing of the faithful ability, use cleric domain powers, or cast cleric spells.
The last two are clear, but there is no blessing of the faithful ability...?

Clerics are my favorite class, so this was the first thing I read in the ACG. I am disappointed to see such an error.

Next Issue:

Bonded Holy Symbol wrote:

At 3rd level, an ecclesitheurge forms a powerful bond with a holy symbol of his deity, akin to a wizard’s bonded object...

For example, an ecclesitheurge with a bonded holy symbol necklace must be at least 3rd level to add magic abilities to the item...

It says you must choose a holy symbol, it isn't worded to allow a choice like the wizard's bonded object. Since a holy symbol is slotless, the cost penalties for enhancing it seem to make this ability not nearly worthwhile when compared to the wizard's bonded object. Also, necklaces aren't a legal choice for a wizard's bonded object.

Balance: This archetype seems to be the worst cleric archetype to date. The altered weapon and armor proficiency seems balanced with domain mastery & bonded holy symbol, but nowhere near worth the penalty imposed by the ecclesitheurge’s vow. Maybe the missing blessing of the faithful ability would make this archetype more balanced? ** spoiler omitted **

Yes! I really hope these are addressed and corrected soon! This is the most excited I've been for an archetype in ages, so I'm quite disappointed that this is also the only time I've seen a class feature completely missing.


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Eldritch Scion Magus Archetype
"An eldritch scion casts arcane spells drawn from the magus spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time."
Pretty self explanatory, right? Spontaneous Casting Archetype.
Except, he loses Spell Access and doesn't get anything to replace it.
Otherwise I like it, aside from a swift action every other round to deplete your arcane pool so you can use spell combat until you reach 8th level.

Though:
I suppose ignoring Elemental Immunity/Resistances as per White Witch is enough to make up for that?

Sharkles wrote:


Yes! I really hope these are addressed and corrected soon! This is the most excited I've been for an archetype in ages, so I'm quite disappointed that this is also the only time I've seen a class feature completely missing.

Here's to hoping it was +wis mod to ac?


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Sorry for double post, Brawler Shield Champion can use her shield with flurry of blows ONLY when she throws it... Can't melee shield bash with flurry of blows. Oversight?


Necrovox wrote:
Sorry for double post, Brawler Shield Champion can use her shield with flurry of blows ONLY when she throws it... Can't melee shield bash with flurry of blows. Oversight?

Could you explain your reasoning here? I just looked over Returning Shield and I don't see a problem with it.


Kudaku wrote:
Necrovox wrote:
Sorry for double post, Brawler Shield Champion can use her shield with flurry of blows ONLY when she throws it... Can't melee shield bash with flurry of blows. Oversight?
Could you explain your reasoning here? I just looked over Returning Shield and I don't see a problem with it.

Sure thing, direct from the PDF:

"A shield champion can throw a shield as part of a brawler’s flurry."
Brawler's Flurry:
"When doing so, a brawler has the Two-Weapon Fighting feat when attacking with any combination of unarmed strikes, weapons from the close fighter weapon group, or weapons with the “monk” special feature."

Thus, RAW, a shield champion brawler cannot make melee attacks with her shield as a part of a brawler's flurry. They can, however, only throw their shield as a flurry.

I have never really liked Captain America, so shield throwing is not really something I'm keen on, especially when its still a move action to equip it to gain the armor bonuses (I just thought of that while typing), unless you're using a small quick draw shield, which leaves you with only +1 AC (+ Enchantments).

Edit: Steel Hound archetype might be written incorrectly, and I am actually praying it was. Packing Heat replaces Poison Use, which Investigator's don't have, they have Poison Lore, so that was a typo. Then, Shot in the Dark replaces Swift Alchemy. But then I got to Talented Shot, and realized that it doesn't replace anything! Its completely free. I looked over Investigator and they get Poison Immunity at 11. So my understanding is that it may have been an oversight, as the archetype was meant to remove poisons from the class. So should: Shot in the Dark replace all ranks of Poison Resistance, and Talented Shot replace Poison Immunity?
Can I have my Sleuth/Steel Hound? ^_^ Except I understand wanting to get rid of the poison as a move action portion, the other part of swift alchemy would've still fit the class.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A shield is a part of the Close weapon group. Any Brawler can flurry with one.


Deadmanwalking wrote:
A shield is a part of the Close weapon group. Any Brawler can flurry with one.

*facepalm* Maybe I should have looked up close weapons before posting... I got a little zealous on potential mistakes. =P

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

An amusing one...

Trickery Blessing wrote:
Double (minor): At 1st level, as a move action you can create an illusory double of yourself. This double functions as a single mirror image, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to your warpriest level, or until the illusory duplicate is dispelled or destroyed. You can have no more than one double at a time. This ability doesn’t stack with the additional damage from the mirror image spell.

Stack with mirror image's additional damage? Whaaaa?

Scarab Sages

wakedown wrote:

An amusing one...

Trickery Blessing wrote:
Double (minor): At 1st level, as a move action you can create an illusory double of yourself. This double functions as a single mirror image, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to your warpriest level, or until the illusory duplicate is dispelled or destroyed. You can have no more than one double at a time. This ability doesn’t stack with the additional damage from the mirror image spell.
Stack with mirror image's additional damage? Whaaaa?

I'm sure that was supposed to be image instead of damage.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Necrovox wrote:
Sharkles wrote:


Yes! I really hope these are addressed and corrected soon! This is the most excited I've been for an archetype in ages, so I'm quite disappointed that this is also the only time I've seen a class feature completely missing.
Here's to hoping it was +wis mod to ac?

I'm not sure why people want a cleric that doesn't wear armor to have AC boosting abilities. The point is to be less of a melee combatant and more of a caster right? An armor-less cleric should defend herself the same way any other caster would (don't stand where they can hit you).


Nipin wrote:
Necrovox wrote:
Sharkles wrote:


Yes! I really hope these are addressed and corrected soon! This is the most excited I've been for an archetype in ages, so I'm quite disappointed that this is also the only time I've seen a class feature completely missing.
Here's to hoping it was +wis mod to ac?
I'm not sure why people want a cleric that doesn't wear armor to have AC boosting abilities. The point is to be less of a melee combatant and more of a caster right? An armor-less cleric should defend herself the same way any other caster would (don't stand where they can hit you).

Right, that's my attitude towards it too, but I'm too curious about what the missing Blessing of the Faithful class feature was supposed to do.


Imbicatus wrote:
wakedown wrote:

An amusing one...

Trickery Blessing wrote:
Double (minor): At 1st level, as a move action you can create an illusory double of yourself. This double functions as a single mirror image, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to your warpriest level, or until the illusory duplicate is dispelled or destroyed. You can have no more than one double at a time. This ability doesn’t stack with the additional damage from the mirror image spell.
Stack with mirror image's additional damage? Whaaaa?
I'm sure that was supposed to be image instead of damage.

Damn, I was all set to make a monk/warpriest whose flurry comes from all the separate images. . . . : D

Grand Lodge

Shield Champion wrote:

At 3rd level, a shield champion

can throw a medium or light shield

Seems unclear. There are light shields and heavy shields, as well as small and medium shields...What's going on here?


3 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Hmm, I'm not sure this is an error, but I think it is.

"Studied target: A slayer can study an opponent he
can see as a move action. The slayer then gains a +1 bonus
on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival
checks attempted against that opponent, and a +1 bonus on
weapon attack and damage rolls against it. The DCs of slayer
class abilities against that opponent increase by 1."

"At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th levels, the bonuses on weapon
attack and damage rolls, as well as the bonus to slayer ability
DCs against a studied, target increase by 1."

Nowhere on the slayer does it ever say that the skill bonuses ever increase, while they used to in both version of the playtest if I recall correctly

Edit: This also means that Stalker isn't too specific.
"a slayer gains his studied target
bonus on Disguise, Intimidate, and Stealth checks against
his studied opponent."

Is that the skill bonus, or the scaling attack bonus?


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber

Looking through my just purchased PDF, I was saddened to not see any Shaman Archetypes. Then I found them. They are missing the bookmark for the beginning on the Shaman section in the PDF, so all the shaman archetypes are listed in the bookmarks under Rogue.

1 to 50 of 1,125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Advanced Class Guide Potential Errors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.