Ramblin' Man


Off-Topic Discussions

951 to 1,000 of 6,257 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

An old cowboy went ridin out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red-eyed cows he saw
Plowin through the ragid skies and up a cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the riders comin hard and he heard their mournful cries

Yippie i ohhh ohh ohh
Yippie i aye ye ye
Ghost riders in the sky

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred
Their shirts all soaked with sweat
He's ridin hard to catch that herd
But he aint caught em yet
Cause they got to ride forever in that range up in the sky
On horses snortin fire as they ride on hear their cries

As the riders loped on by him he heard one call his name
'if you wanna save your soul from hell a-ridin on our range
Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride
Tryin to catch the devil's herd across these endless skies

Yippie i ohhh oh oh
Yippie i aye ye ye
Ghost riders in the sky
Ghost riders in the sky
Ghost riders in the sky


Aberzombie wrote:

And, in case I did not make myself clear....

I was explaining to a co-worker the other day after the Dallas loss on Monday Night football...

I have list of teams I always cheer against. Low on the totem pole is Dallas (this co-worker is a Cowboys fan). Number one on the list is a tie between every professional/college sports team in the state of California, and every such team in the state of New York. I don't judge the high school teams, because it's not their fault they have to live in those states. Their parents made them do it.

So basically, wrt suckitude, I rank California right up their with New York.

I think I'd rather be miniaturized and forced to live in the ass-crack of an elephant, then live in either one of those states.

I will wave to you when the barnum and bailey's circus comes to town.

Silver Crusade

Freehold DM wrote:

So basically, wrt suckitude, I rank California right up their with New York.

I think I'd rather be miniaturized and forced to live in the ass-crack of an elephant, then live in either one of those states.

Hey, Hey What you got against California?

Shadow Lodge

Think this'll be right up your alley Zombie

Scarab Sages

Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

So basically, wrt suckitude, I rank California right up their with New York.

I think I'd rather be miniaturized and forced to live in the ass-crack of an elephant, then live in either one of those states.

Hey, Hey What you got against California?

It would probably be easier to give a list of the handful of things I like about it. Which, come to think about it, might actually put it slightly ahead of New York. At least Cali has the Stone and Sierra Nevada brewing companies.

Scarab Sages

Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

And, in case I did not make myself clear....

I was explaining to a co-worker the other day after the Dallas loss on Monday Night football...

I have list of teams I always cheer against. Low on the totem pole is Dallas (this co-worker is a Cowboys fan). Number one on the list is a tie between every professional/college sports team in the state of California, and every such team in the state of New York. I don't judge the high school teams, because it's not their fault they have to live in those states. Their parents made them do it.

So basically, wrt suckitude, I rank California right up their with New York.

I think I'd rather be miniaturized and forced to live in the ass-crack of an elephant, then live in either one of those states.

I will wave to you when the barnum and bailey's circus comes to town.

Hell no, I'd want it to be either a wild elephant, or one in a zoo. A zoo not located in New York or California.

Scarab Sages

Orthos wrote:
Think this'll be right up your alley Zombie

Yeah, Interstellar looks awesome. Of course the hero is played by an actor from Texas.

Scarab Sages

Still debating whether I'm gonna bother continuing with Supernatural or not. This season has really bored me so far.

Scarab Sages

But I'm still loving on Agents of SHIELD and The Flash - definitely two of the best comic book shows on TV.

Gotham is still.....meh. I did like this most recent episode with the "Spirit of the Goat" serial killer, but I picked out the main villain pretty quickly.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

And have I mentioned how much I loved the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer?!? That whole "I got no strings" theme was awesome.

As much as Whedon seems to be a little lefty prick, he makes pretty good movies and TV series.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also not sure if I mentioned the boy and I have a shared love for the TMNT animated series. They just started season three, and we've been catching up on seasons one and two as we can.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The animation is awesome, and the story is pretty intense at times. I always have to be careful that it's not going to scare the boy too bad.

Scarab Sages

But it's got martial arts, monsters, aliens, mutants, violence, and humor: perfect cartoon for boys and men.


I too enjoy tmnt animated.


Late late late. I haven't had a night job in a good long while. It's going to take a bit of adjustment.

*sigh*

Why do I have to live in a state that drives every decent employer away with massive taxes? Gah, and the state will likely be saddled with Martha Chokely as governor after the election. This is a woman who reacted with revulsion at the thought of going out and meeting her future constituents. Guess we aren't rich, well-dressed and connected enough for her.

Sorry. /rant over

Scarab Sages

Patrick Curtin wrote:

Late late late. I haven't had a night job in a good long while. It's going to take a bit of adjustment.

*sigh*

Why do I have to live in a state that drives every decent employer away with massive taxes? Gah, and the state will likely be saddled with Martha Chokely as governor after the election. This is a woman who reacted with revulsion at the thought of going out and meeting her future constituents. Guess we aren't rich, well-dressed and connected enough for her.

Sorry. /rant over

It's all good, my friend. I understand.

But, if I may offer a word......

....TEXAS!!!

Scarab Sages

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ONE AND ALL!!!

Scarab Sages

Not sure what tonight looks like, but the day should be good enough. Short time at work, comic book store, Popeye's for lunch, maybe hit Lowe's. Couple other things.

Shadow Lodge

Grew up on the late-80s/early-90s TMNT myself. Cheesy, sure, but fun. Looking into the newer revamps has been something on my to-do list. At the moment I barely have time to keep up with Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time though. And that's about the extent of my TV watching, plus the occasional Mythbusters.

Should totally show the kid Avatar and Korra though. He'd probably love 'em.

Scarab Sages

Last night I watched Ghost Rider, just for s+*#s and giggles. I had forgotten how awesome that movie is!!

Scarab Sages

Orthos wrote:

Grew up on the late-80s/early-90s TMNT myself. Cheesy, sure, but fun. Looking into the newer revamps has been something on my to-do list. At the moment I barely have time to keep up with Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, and Adventure Time though. And that's about the extent of my TV watching, plus the occasional Mythbusters.

Should totally show the kid Avatar and Korra though. He'd probably love 'em.

I've seen commercials for this Legend of Korra show. Looks interesting. The other two...I prefer better animation.

But, yeah, the new TMNT is pretty cool. The animation is pretty awesome. And they have just the right mix of action, comedy, and violence to make me happy. Plus, the boy enjoys it - so that's really all that matters.

Scarab Sages

All right, time to get busy.


Gravity falls is fun, and surprisingly deep.

Adventure Time is just awesome.


Aberzombie wrote:
Last night I watched Ghost Rider, just for s!**s and giggles. I had forgotten how awesome that movie is!!

I did enjoy the bulk of ghost rider. The Penance Stare could not have been done better.

Scarab Sages

Freehold DM wrote:

Gravity falls is fun, and surprisingly deep.

Adventure Time is just awesome.

I've heard good things about adventure time, and even watched a minute or two of gravity falls. I'd probably watch more of each if I didn't think the animation sucked ass.

I'm talking big, hairy goat ass.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah see I'm the opposite, if the story is interesting, engaging, or otherwise entertaining enough, I can ignore a great deal of the art's problems.

Scarab Sages

Well, so far Hallowen evening has been....meh.

Scarab Sages

The wife insisted we go over to the church for trick or treating, even with the risk of traffic and not enough parking because of construction. So we went. It was lame.

By the time we got home, it was time for baby girl to go to bed and I didn't feel like taking the boy around.

So we've been sitting around waiting for trick or treaters. We've had a decent number, but nowhere near what I've had in the past.

Scarab Sages

It didn't help that, while we fed the kids, I didn't eat any dinner. Had some microwave tater tots when we got back from the church, but that's it. And so now I've got a bit of a stomach ache.

Scarab Sages

Anyway, now I just want everyone to go to bed and the trick or treaters to stop coming so I can veg in front of the TV watching some horror movie.

Maybe even break out a classic Universal monster movie.

Scarab Sages

And quite possibly drink a beer.

Scarab Sages

Or three.

Scarab Sages

Damn! Even though it's cooling off, I had to put a citronella candle out front for when I open the door. Hopefully that'll keep the bugs away.

Scarab Sages

Tis a biscuit and coffee morning!!!

Scarab Sages

I made a "K" biscuit for baby girl. She's enjoying it.

Scarab Sages

And when she was done with the first biscuit, she started slapping her hands down on the tray. So I gave her some more.

Scarab Sages

Crap! She's like her brother. Bottomless pit for a stomach. I'm screwed when they get to be teenagers.

Shadow Lodge

Take any pics of the kids in costume?

Scarab Sages

The wife probably did.

Scarab Sages

Tis a semi-quiet Sunday morning. Watching some weird monster truck cartoon with the boy, waiting for a four episode run of TMNT to come on. We were fooled by the time change.

Scarab Sages

Baby girl woke everyone up early, but mommy got her calmed down and fed, then I cuddled with her in our bed until she fell back asleep. So that's where baby girl and mommy still are.

Scarab Sages

At least I have coffee.

Scarab Sages

Well, Crusher, that's what you get for being a cheating a~~@$*!.

Scarab Sages

Almost time...

Heroes on the half shell!
TURTLE POWER!!!

Scarab Sages

Hmmm.....methinks it might be getting time for some "man time" with the boy. Maybe a trip to gas up the truck and a trip to either Walmart or Lowe's.


Time for Timea!

When I'm slow on the draw
And I need something to chaw
I hanker for a hunka cheese!

When I'm dancin' a hoedown
And my boots kinda slowdown
Or anytime I'm weak in the knees

I hanker for a hunka
A slab or slice or chunka
A snack that is a winner
But yet won't spoil my dinner

I hanker for a hunka cheese

YAHOO!

Scarab Sages

WTF?!? That's familiar, but I can't quite place it....

Scarab Sages

Forgot the phone at home today. I probably could have gone back for it, but that would have meant getting to work later than I wanted to, so f&*~ it.

Scarab Sages

Otherwise....

F~~$ YOU, MONDAY!!

Scarab Sages

That's just on general principle.

951 to 1,000 of 6,257 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Ramblin' Man All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.