Settlement: Freevale


Pathfinder Online

201 to 226 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Chaotic people need to trade, too. :)

And a bit of tax evasion and a few under-the-table deals is how you get rich quick!


Freevale: Our motto is, "Speak softly and then start screaming for no reason, then hit the guy in front of you with a rock while he's confused!"

Disclaimer: That's not our motto. 50% of what Kobold Cleaver says is a lie, and the rest is just stupid s%@! he thinks is funny.

Goblin Squad Member

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Disclaimer: That's not our motto. 50% of what Kobold Cleaver says is a lie, and the rest is just stupid s&~& he thinks is funny.

Well that's patently untrue. Some of it is clearly both.


Stop with all that crazy elf math! Hell, if I'd've wanted schoolin' I'd've gone to school!

Goblin Squad Member

Kobold, isn't Grickin a barbarian nature-loving bloody-handed slaughterer?

Are you saying he knows about the benefits of trade with "civilized" people?!?!

Intelligence score needs must recalculating...


Above all, Grickin's a free spirit. Grickin does have terrifying episodes where the one thing in the warrior's head is killing someone, and does have very bloody hands, and is a druid, but there's only one real goal for Grickin: Get what I want.

Grickin's a big fan of trade, as well as of diplomacy and tactics. Where else can we sell what we just looted from that Pharasman graveyard?


What am I doing? This ain't the Grickin Show, this is the Freevale Show: Every night at 8:00 pm! We—

S@!#, Kitsune is scrambling our episodes! Hey, dude, cut that out! What kind of depraved mind airs the pilot last?!

Goblin Squad Member

Grickin made sense

sigh, I always knew you were the smart one ;)


Hey, you Commoner!

"Me?"

Sick of constantly losing your rocks?

"Yes!"

Hi, I'm Kobby Cleavezobby, and what you need is the Robber Stopper Barbarian Bundle!

"I can sit safely on my rock pile all day!"

I know what you're thinking—does it work for wagons? Haha yeah it does work for wagons, stupid! Carry your rocks in wagons all over the world! IT WORKS FOR WAAAAGOOONS

9-20 23-15-18-11-19 6-15-18 16-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-7-19!

JoinFreevaletopurchase.Sideeffectsmayincludemisplacedbarbarianaggressionroc kslidesandowlspiledupinyourdriveway.AskyourlawyerbeforeusingtheRobberStoppe rBarbarianBundle.

Goblin Squad Member

Caldeathe Baequiannia wrote:
I'm not certain "chaotic" is the first alignment most traders look for in their trading hubs, but if you see it as advantageous, who am I to argue.

Have you ever been to an open air market where haggling is a common practice?

Ever go to a mall on the morning of Black Friday?

How about the floor of the Stock Exchange?

Perhaps all of these are somewhat organized getting set up, but definitely chaotic when they get busy.


Freevale: Every member who joins today gets one free throw to land me in the dunk tank!

Goblin Squad Member

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Freevale: Every member who joins today gets one free throw to land me in the dunk tank!

Freevale breaks 1000 with this signing incentive!!

Kobolds are Honored Here!

Goblin Squad Member

Don't want to be ordered about?
Want to live in a democratic settlement?
Live near Loincloth Pass and Thornkeep?

Join us now! Be a free citizen of Freevale!

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Stone Bear Clan is no longer associated in any agreement with Blunt Logic including the Settlement of Freevale and the Northern Coalition.

Goblin Squad Member

(lies and slander, always assume a connection even if it is an anti-connection, if you will ;P heh)

Goblin Squad Member

Hogar, Freevale wrote:

Don't want to be ordered about?

Want to live in a democratic settlement?
Live near Loincloth Pass and Thornkeep?

Join us now! Be a free citizen of Freevale!

Lovely promises. But then some Chaotics don't keep promises. Too challenging to their ME FIRST ethos.

Want to be ordered about?
Want to live in an autocratic environment?
Live near Loincloth Pass and Thornkeep? (And give back your loin cloths NOW!)
Join us now! Be a serf of Freevale!
You know you deserve it. Kneel now!

How are promise breakers treated in River Kingdoms?

Goblin Squad Member

<Tavernhold> Locke wrote:
How are promise breakers treated in River Kingdoms?

The River Freedoms say nothing about keeping promises. They say that Oath Breakers will be punished.

1prom·ise noun \ˈprä-məs\
: a statement telling someone that you will definitely do something or that something will definitely happen in the future.

oath noun \ˈōth\
: a formal and serious promise to tell the truth or to do something.

So the questions are: How formal was the promise? How serious was the promise?

Then there is the question of what, if any, actions could void the promise?


Bludd, all you're doing with those questions is asking the involved parties to talk about their different perspectives. Each group will have different answers. And because those answers are different, the groups have split. The end. No need for a whole thread on semantics because of what was most likely a rhetorical question posted out of spite :D

Goblin Squad Member

<Magistry> Clexarews wrote:
Bludd, all you're doing with those questions is asking the involved parties to talk about their different perspectives. Each group will have different answers. And because those answers are different, the groups have split. The end. No need for a whole thread on semantics because of what was most likely a rhetorical question posted out of spite :D

But semantics do matter, because the choice of words used matters. So the differences between formal and informal, and promise and an oath matter.

My question is, what is the interest of Lam of Tavernhold, in this matter?

I'm guessing Tavernhold will be receiving the former Freevalers into their ranks. This of course makes sense since Tavernhold is the only other Chaotic settlement that would have them.

I wish all parties concerned luck with their new situations.


Freevale thinks it's so tough with its new oligarchical system. Well, oligarchies are basically meritocracies, right? Let's test merits the old-school way!

The elevator breaks and a swarm of acid beetles comes up. What do you do?

Spoiler:
Admit it, you were totally getting ready to write an angry post correcting me about meritocracies.

Scarab Sages

Am I the only one waiting for those batlle contest for leadership?

Goblin Squad Member

Kemedo wrote:
Am I the only one waiting for those batlle contest for leadership?

In Tavernhold, first they have to drink. I respect that. I'm wondering if they are going to be forced to take a vote on it? Then even if they get a majority to agree to drink, then they will have to vote on what to drink. Even if there is a decision on that, there will be a three day delay. During the three day delay an amendment will be added, and a committee will have to be enpaneled to address the amendment. The committee will spend the next few days not just discussing the amendment, but the original decision. After about 10 days, the original decision that was approved by the majority will be approved.

Enjoy that democracy!

Scarab Sages

Pretty much my country Parliament "doing" their stuff.

Goblin Squad Member

I understand that Hogar was as much in the dark about the change in Freevale as those who were later expelled for objecting. I apologize for mocking his recruitment post.
He has his reason for staying.

Goblin Squad Member

Bluddwolf wrote:
Kemedo wrote:
Am I the only one waiting for those batlle contest for leadership?

In Tavernhold, first they have to drink. I respect that. I'm wondering if they are going to be forced to take a vote on it? Then even if they get a majority to agree to drink, then they will have to vote on what to drink. Even if there is a decision on that, there will be a three day delay. During the three day delay an amendment will be added, and a committee will have to be enpaneled to address the amendment. The committee will spend the next few days not just discussing the amendment, but the original decision. After about 10 days, the original decision that was approved by the majority will be approved.

Enjoy that democracy!

To paraphrase from the Kushiel's Dart series, "Drink as thou wilt."

We don't need to have a committee vote on what we're drinking because we're expected to have already been drinking.

Goblin Squad Member

Nor do we feel we need to decide what others drink. Tavernhold is meant to be a free environment.
Yes we have our WotT autocrat. That does not mean he tells us what to drink. Or where to venture.
Our companies plan destinations, but attendance is not mandatory, just more fun in groups.

Bonny, would grace us and Adventure with Tavernhold come October? (That is not a formal request because I do not have that right, but I believe Virgil would be pleased by your attendance.)

201 to 226 of 226 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Settlement: Freevale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Online