The Face of Evil


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 81 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Golgotha is not just a settlement. Golgotha is Law and Order. "If you wish for peace, prepare for war." -Roman Proverb.

In an act of transparency, The Lord Regent of Golgotha opens this thread for others within the River Kingdoms to ask their questions in regards to Golgotha and the Golgothans. Address your concerns here, for once the Golgothan Armies begin marching, there will be peace.

Silver Crusade Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

How many pokey bits per square mile can we expect in Golgothan city limits?

What's the penalty for doing 26 in a 25?

Any idea where you'll end up on the map?

Goblin Squad Member

Atleast 1 spike per meter. 10 per meter in town square.

Death and re-animation to work in the obsidian mines.

Eventually: Everywhere

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Deacon wrote:
Eventually: Everywhere

Initially?

Goblin Squad Member

Forencith wrote:
Pax Deacon wrote:
Eventually: Everywhere
Initially?

... Everywhere ;-)

Goblin Squad Member

Undeath seems to be a favorite theme. What role will Necromancers have in the settlement?

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Obakararuir wrote:
Forencith wrote:
Pax Deacon wrote:
Eventually: Everywhere
Initially?
... Everywhere ;-)

Got it, don't mind this little gnomes curiosity...

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Deacon wrote:

Golgotha is not just a settlement. Golgotha is Law and Order. "If you wish for peace, prepare for war." -Roman Proverb.

In an act of transparency, The Lord Regent of Golgotha opens this thread for others within the River Kingdoms to ask their questions in regards to Golgotha and the Golgothans. Address your concerns here, for once the Golgothan Armies begin marching, there will be peace.

SPQR

Goblin Squad Member

FMS Quietus wrote:
SPQR

Buddy of mine has that tattooed on his shoulder. We used to play water volleyball every weekend with a bunch of folks at his apartment complex, and I'll never forget that one guy who asked him if it stood for "spiker" :)

Goblin Squad Member

Do you have plans in regard to trade with TSV/TEO? Do you feel that this will be necessary at the outset?

Is Golgotha open to any and all evil types who wish to join? Is there an approval process?

What sort of response are you going to have towards banditry in your borders?

What does the fox say?

Goblin Squad Member

How exactly will the good aligned and evil aligned Pax settlements mesh in game? Will the good aligned Pax be like let's stop evil...uh, except for Golgotha, they can do whatever they want. Doesn't quite square to me.

Goblin Squad Member

@Ravenlute
Necromancy is just one flavor of magic that Golgothans will pursue in pursuit of power. However, that flavor is quite sweet.

@Darcnes
Anyone is welcome to negotiate trade with Golgotha. Negotiating trade may be tricky without resources with which to trade.

Golgotha is open to LE, NE, and LN. The children of the Abyss are not welcome here. There is always an approval process isn't there.

Banditry is not tolerated within our borders.

Squish

@Broken_Sextant
The best kinds of evil are the ones hidden throughout society. Golgothans are very private about what happens within their city walls.

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Deacon wrote:

@Broken_Sextant

The best kinds of evil are the ones hidden throughout society. Golgothans are very private about what happens within their city walls.

I'm not sure I know what this means. That the good aligned Pax are going to "RP" that they don't know Golgotha is evil despite it being common knowledge?

Goblin Squad Member

Do you have plans in regard to trade with TSV/TEO? Do you feel that this will be necessary at the outset?

We don't have anything set in stone, at least to my knowledge. The Xeilian Empire does have open diplomatic ties with TEO/T7V though, and we may have an arrangement through Callambea. We certainly aren't against any deals that benefit both parties.

Is Golgotha open to any and all evil types who wish to join? Is there an approval process?

We are, at least provisionally, open to any and all who wish to live within Golgothan walls. There may be exceptions to that rule, but they would be dealt with on a case by case basis. There will be an approval process for joining Golgotha proper (the standard 2 week application process of Pax Gaming), however there will be less concrete terms that players can adhere to that would let them live in Golgotha, but not be as closely affiliated. We are also looking for Chartered Companies that wish are needing somewhere to live, but don't want to be stuck with a restrictive contract. Though there are terms, such as set tax rates, assumed military activity and the like, they assume far less than they would should that group join Golgotha proper.

What sort of response are you going to have towards banditry in your borders?

Not in our lands. We will not suffer bandits. We may have our own privateers that will occasionally do stop-checks on merchants within our lands, but they will be under strict orders not to accost people too much (literally just a “are you smuggling for our enemies” check). We are not against banditry, and we will likely act with their methods in our own wars, but active, uncondoned aggression within Golgothan lands will not be accepted.

What does the fox say?

Yip Yip Yip. They can also make a scream that sounds a lot like a small child. F%@% foxes.

Goblin Squad Member

@Sextant, first a disclaimer, I'm not the official go-to guy but we've talked about the interactions between Fidelis and Golgotha quite a bit before so I may be able to give some insight into how Pax plans to play that one out.

As in the Pathfinder Tabletop game, just because someone's alignment is evil doesn't mean the "good guys" can go and kill that person. If your paladin runs around casting detect evil on random townspeople, some of them may show up as evil; that doesn't give the paladin free reign to attack those people, or he will be arrested and probably lose his paladin powers for decidedly non-lawful actions. So although the people of Fidelis are aware that the Golgothans are up to no good, they aren't exactly going to start a revolt and start killing people.

The people of Fidelis will of course (in a strictly RP sense) be worried and sorry for their neighbors whose activities behind those walls start rumors of brutality and horror; however, the Fidelans (Fidelians? I dunno...) are more committed to reforming their friends through example, guidance, and reforms to empire law, rather than tearing apart their homes in a decidedly non-good manner. These are our countrymen and neighbors, not our enemies.

I personally look forward to roleplaying the interactions between Fidelans and Golgothans.

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Shane Gifford wrote:

@Sextant, first a disclaimer, I'm not the official go-to guy but we've talked about the interactions between Fidelis and Golgotha quite a bit before so I may be able to give some insight into how Pax plans to play that one out.

As in the Pathfinder Tabletop game, just because someone's alignment is evil doesn't mean the "good guys" can go and kill that person. If your paladin runs around casting detect evil on random townspeople, some of them may show up as evil; that doesn't give the paladin free reign to attack those people, or he will be arrested and probably lose his paladin powers for decidedly non-lawful actions. So although the people of Fidelis are aware that the Golgothans are up to no good, they aren't exactly going to start a revolt and start killing people.

The people of Fidelis will of course (in a strictly RP sense) be worried and sorry for their neighbors whose activities behind those walls start rumors of brutality and horror; however, the Fidelans (Fidelians? I dunno...) are more committed to reforming their friends through example, guidance, and reforms to empire law, rather than tearing apart their homes in a decidedly non-good manner. These are our countrymen and neighbors, not our enemies.

I personally look forward to roleplaying the interactions between Fidelans and Golgothans.

Well, the OP indicates that Golgotha is interested in conquest. When Golgotha marches its armies and starts to attack other settlements in overt acts of aggression, it probably won't take a detect alignment spell to realize that Golgatha is evil. I don't think that every good aligned settlement will necessarily rally to the defense of every settlement every time its attacked (but maybe they will, I don't know). But I'm more curious if good-aligned Pax groups will have a blind spot when evil-aligned Pax groups act in obviously evil ways.

In other words, if good Pax would normally act against an evil group in some given situation, would they still take action if the offender is evil Pax...or will they look the other way?

Question goes the other way, too. Will good/neutral Pax be off limits to evil Pax when it comes to their evil acts? What about good Pax's allies? If evil Pax attacks an ally of good Pax, will good Pax help their ally against evil Pax? If not, what does it mean to be "allied" to any Pax group at all?
Just curious how all that stuff is going to play out because I'm trying to figure out how to view Pax.

Goblin Squad Member

Broken_Sextant wrote:
Pax Shane Gifford wrote:

@Sextant, first a disclaimer, I'm not the official go-to guy but we've talked about the interactions between Fidelis and Golgotha quite a bit before so I may be able to give some insight into how Pax plans to play that one out.

As in the Pathfinder Tabletop game, just because someone's alignment is evil doesn't mean the "good guys" can go and kill that person. If your paladin runs around casting detect evil on random townspeople, some of them may show up as evil; that doesn't give the paladin free reign to attack those people, or he will be arrested and probably lose his paladin powers for decidedly non-lawful actions. So although the people of Fidelis are aware that the Golgothans are up to no good, they aren't exactly going to start a revolt and start killing people.

The people of Fidelis will of course (in a strictly RP sense) be worried and sorry for their neighbors whose activities behind those walls start rumors of brutality and horror; however, the Fidelans (Fidelians? I dunno...) are more committed to reforming their friends through example, guidance, and reforms to empire law, rather than tearing apart their homes in a decidedly non-good manner. These are our countrymen and neighbors, not our enemies.

I personally look forward to roleplaying the interactions between Fidelans and Golgothans.

Well, the OP indicates that Golgotha is interested in conquest. When Golgotha marches its armies and starts to attack other settlements in overt acts of aggression, it probably won't take a detect alignment spell to realize that Golgatha is evil. I don't think that every good aligned settlement will necessarily rally to the defense of every settlement every time its attacked (but maybe they will, I don't know). But I'm more curious if good-aligned Pax groups will have a blind spot when evil-aligned Pax groups act in obviously evil ways.

In other words, if good Pax would normally act against an evil group in some given situation, would they still take...

There are two separate acts of aggression. One is all out, all hands on deck war. The other is smaller skirmishes, feuds, and facton conflict. Full out war requires votes on a settlement council to inact, and whomever represents a settlement vote can vote against agressions Gogoltha might want to initiate.

Smaller scale aggression is initiated by the individual settlement's council. There are exceptions to this related to shared blue lists and issues of diplomatic repercussions. As long as there is no conflict Golgotha has the right to conduct feuds as a separate entity. Any other settlement would have the exact same rights and expectations.

Most of our good group leadership are not adverse to the idea of aggression, or have aversions to cooperating with a lawful evil settlement. This generally revolves around separating what would normally be RP reservations.

Goblin Squad Member

@ Broken_Sextant

Completely understand where you are coming from and I am glad that you brought this seeming dilemma up here.

I had great problems with it, myself, for a long time. It took a great deal of thinking to come to grips with my own personal reasons to embrace this opportunity for what it is....

Let's just say, one, of many, reasons I am onboard "because": Story and RP. There is a great deal of story and roleplaying laid out and being developed here.

The very core of why Pax Fidelis "Is", being part of that story...

Goblin Squad Member

Additionally Good Pax, Bad Pax, Indifferent Pax, and Naughty Pax are not accurate ways to look at it.

Fidelis is a lawful good organization made partially from former Aeternum members and members from our other games migrating over. Because of this they are not voting for their own spot and will likely be hoping to get one much later in the game. To do otherwise would be unfair and unwise.

Aeternum is a Lawful Neutral entity that centers around trade in support of their settlement Callambea. We generally pride ourselves in honest deals, contracts, etc.

Golgotha is a Lawful Evil and is concentrated on military prowess and heavy pvp. They were an entity that existed prior to joining the meta community and have changed in roster very little since joining.

The question of conflict between entities can be and should be asked irrespective of who they are inside of a meta community. Nations that join from outside the Pax community will be faced with the same questions, and we hope to be able to assuage those concerns. We can not hope to sustain a nation for very long with just one social group, meta or otherwise.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Broken_Sextant wrote:
Question goes the other way, too. Will good/neutral Pax be off limits to evil Pax when it comes to their evil acts? What about good Pax's allies? If evil Pax attacks an ally of good Pax, will good Pax help their ally against evil Pax? If not, what does it mean to be "allied" to any Pax group at all?

The others addressed other points, but for this one, I think you aren't thinking along the lines of a competitive territory-holding game. There won't be wars declared due to alignment; wars will be fought over resources and territory. Golgotha will not be attacking good groups just because they're good, and they certainly won't be attacking their own good-aligned allies (as the allies of Fidelis are also the allies of Golgotha, because they're the same nation).

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Well, I agree that pragmatism is very important, and that a "lawful evil" label shouldn't necessarily be a reason for war, but I hope that there still is some gameplay systems to encourage players nations to tend to some kind of political uniformity. I mean, I'm not talking about PAX, but I would find it a little silly, to see a nation composed of paladins & necromancers fighting side-by-side to conquer a territory.

Of course I'm not talking about the impossibility to do it, but I would like some effort from the devs to, if not discourage diversity of alignments, at least encourage uniformity.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Instead of thinking of us all as members of Pax, think of us as signatories to a nation, in this case Xeilias. We've banded together for mutual aid, protection, and economic support, much like NATO or the EU. This doesn't mean we have to get along or even like one-another. What it does mean is that we cannot be openly aggressive to other signatories without breaking the agreement we signed when joining the nation. At that point, the other members of the nation would be free to join in on hostilities and retaliate against us for breaking the non-aggression treaty of the alliance.

OK, that's the meta reasons. Here's the RP reasons:

These people, from our internal story-line point-of-view, are family. Family gone in the wrong direction and doing bad things, but they're still family. Fidelis members don't want to kill them. We don't to fight. We want to bring them back into the light as the original Stalwart Shields, our fore-bearers, would have done. So, in order to fight their excesses, we do so within the law, bringing lawbreakers to justice. Their straying from the path the founders of Callambea set out for us makes us, as a group, very sad. So we work to redeem them.

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Well NATO/EU is really not the best example. ;)

Goblin Squad Member

Audoucet wrote:
Well NATO/EU is really not the best example. ;)

Probably not, but it's early for me. :)

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

There are no Paladins or Necromancers yet. I can hardly wait until there are. However, as a member of a Nation or Empire, if my "Country" votes to go to all out war I will be there. It is my Lawful Duty.

One important thing (for me) is that we are a nation of "Lawful" citizens. I may not agree with all of the Nation's laws. Not what they are in all parts of it certainly. Yet I am also "Good", so I will try and get the laws I don't like changed through RP and my voice, not violence. It will be an eternal "inner" character conflict with many, many ways to play.

A grand experiment.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Golgotha isn't going to be able to run roughshot over everyone.

Allies and other organizations that we have agreements with are protected to a point. That goes both ways. They can't act against Golgotha.

If you read the backstory of Golgotha, its a city that has recently descended into its current state. There are good people in Golgotha... They just aren't in a position to change Golgothas current trajectory.

So the options of dealing with Golgotha are going to war with her and exponentially increasing the suffering of her people, or attempt to influence her by enforcement of policy and indirectly undermining the less savory aspects of Golgotha.

Golgotha will likely use slaves that they purchase. Fidelis will probably target those slavers responsible for aquiring slaves for Golgotha.

At the same time, if Fidelis were to get attacked, Golgotha would come to her aid and vice versa. If an undead horde comes to knock your house down and you are at risk of losing your home and your life and the lives of your family are you going to care who comes to your aid? Even if its another undead horde? Are you going to be best of friends afterward? No way. But you will have some graditude for those that save you.

Fidelis, Aeternum, and Golgotha have a history the predates Golgothas turn to evil. That relationship has withstood the initial turn to evil. Time will tell if it sustains in the long run.

That is a story that has plenty of room for compelling tales of the ethical and moral delimias that will face the Empire. That's the tale we intend to tell.

Evil smash good and good over comes evil has been done to death. There is nothing new there. Evil and Good working together for a common cause has more depth. Its not as black and white. That makes it more interesting.

Once you get over "good vs evil is the only story" syndrome, you start to see the possibilities. Its not for everyone, but it is for us. Its not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

-Areks

Goblinworks Executive Founder

I wasn't criticising PAX y'know :), there are a few "atheist Nations" in PFO, where good/evil is less prominent, if I'm not mistaken. Touvette, for example.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Audoucet wrote:
I wasn't criticising PAX y'know :), there are a few "atheist Nations" in PFO, where good/evil is less prominent, if I'm not mistaken. Touvette, for example.

Understood. Maybe we just like having a chance to get some of this out into public view. Have a little discussion. Bang a few concepts and ideas around... :)

Goblin Squad Member

Never trust an evil character. That's what my mum used to say...

Silver Crusade Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

My own musings for a moment.
Playing a lone wolf, drifter, or hermit sounds like it would actually be quite fun, if only because one can travel to and from the different settlements ruled by different organizations and interact with them as you would like. I'll see how effective it turns out to be in the long run though.

On Topic: Are you sure Golgotha won't be accommodating to a well behaved LG traveler?

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Shane Gifford wrote:
...I think you aren't thinking along the lines of a competitive territory-holding game. There won't be wars declared due to alignment; wars will be fought over resources and territory...

I expect that there will be wars, or at least battles, fought over alignment. Sure, this is a territory holding game, but it's also a roleplaying game based on one of the iconic modern tabletop roleplaying systems. Unlike games like EVE and others, a large number of people (though still a minority, I'm sure) are going to play PfO as their first MMO experience and they're coming directly from the Pathfinder tabletop system. As such, I think enough people will be interested in the roleplaying aspect of Pathfinder Online that roleplaying conflicts will exist purely for the sake of roleplaying. Alignment is such a huge part of the Pathfinder tabletop system that it will probably drive many of these roleplaying conflicts.

This is one of the many things that will set Pathfinder Online apart from other MMOs and even other sandboxes.

Goblin Squad Member

CosmicKirby wrote:
Are you sure Golgotha won't be accommodating to a well behaved LG traveler?

While I doubt we, or and settlement for that matter, will let anyone just walk right on in no questions asked, if it was clear you came in peace/weren't a spy/etc and respected the laws we have then I don't see why not.

Pax Charlie George wrote:
Additionally Good Pax, Bad Pax, Indifferent Pax, and Naughty Pax are not accurate ways to look at it.

I think this is the core of it. The adaptation of PF into PFO, with it's higher level of player interaction, such as the example of settlement/nation/empire/insertnamehere conflict, makes the game much more complicated. While we still have the labels of alignment in-game and definable aspects what those are, our version of Golarion, because of it's complicated, multi-layered aspect, will have more of a tinge of grey to it.

Goblin Squad Member

If some LG individual had legitimate business in Golgotha, I can't think of why they would be denied entry. As long as they obeyed Golgothan law they should have no problems at all. Now if a Paladin walks in and starts turning undead he'll likely be maimed and then executed.

Roleplay conflicts are more than just PvP. An iconic example of this would be Sarenrae and Asmodeus working in conjunction to subdue Rovagug. Ideology and agendas in addition to martial conflict is what makes compelling stories. =)


It seems many people are still clinging to the old style hard coded RPG alignment system. There are not just 9 shades of grey in the world. Most people consider themselves law-abiding good citizens. I mean, it's not like any of you go out every Friday robbing places... or on murder sprees. But it's okay if we arbitrarily speed every so often or park in a no parking zone for a minute or ten. Does that make you less than lawful? Why wouldn't your character do, or not do, those very same things?

A university research study on morality gave their test subjects a piece of paper, which would allow them to gain early admittance to one of their Masters courses. All they had to do was deliver it to another building. Unknown to them, the only path to the building had an injured person on it and said person asked them for help. 99% of the test subjects stopped and rendered assistance before carrying on with their delivery.

The next batch of subjects were given the same task, only that they had 10 minutes to deliver the paper or they would not be able to sign up for their Masters course for two years. Yep you guessed it, only 1% stopped to render assistance.

Would your character be any different?

The following is an example and has no bearing in the implementations of any sort of laws for any Pax guild:

Golgotha, Aeternum, and Fidelis all have the same law: Thou Shalt Not Steal. Pretty simple really. But their punishments vary. Fidelis has a work system in place where you repay the victim with labour to offset your crime of theft, maybe even helps rehabilitate the offender. Aeternum has a jail system where you spend time in jail for your crime. Golgotha simply chops one of your hands off - this settlement obviously has the least amount of repeat offenders... I mean, you only have so many hands to practice your five-finger discount... You might classify these punishments as good, neutral and evil?

The preceding was an example and has no bearing on the implementations of any sort of laws for any Pax guild.

Now that my dissertation on morality and ethics and how they pertain to the alignment system is over, I'll leave you with this: Star Trek:TNG episode where Wesley gets the death penalty for falling into some flowers on a Lawful Good world (Justice).

Silver Crusade Goblin Squad Member

Excellent post Falx. Although I feel a part of this discussion on alignment was aimed at my question.

I was simply bringing it up because Deacon set a qualifier early, stating that LN, LE, and NE would be admitted.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pax Falx wrote:
Now that my dissertation on morality and ethics and how they pertain to the alignment system is over, I'll leave you with this: Star Trek:TNG episode where Wesley gets the death penalty for falling into some flowers on a Lawful Good world (Justice).

Any system of justice that wants to execute Wesley Crusher is patently LG.

Goblin Squad Member

3 people marked this as a favorite.

One Pax, two Pax, Red Pax, Blue pax.

Goblin Squad Member

CosmicKirby wrote:

Excellent post Falx. Although I feel a part of this discussion on alignment was aimed at my question.

I was simply bringing it up because Deacon set a qualifier early, stating that LN, LE, and NE would be admitted.

That is on account of settlement alignments.

Goblin Squad Member

Pax Rawn wrote:
CosmicKirby wrote:

Excellent post Falx. Although I feel a part of this discussion on alignment was aimed at my question.

I was simply bringing it up because Deacon set a qualifier early, stating that LN, LE, and NE would be admitted.

That is on account of settlement alignments.

Who may join a settlement and who may visit are different things.

Goblinworks Executive Founder

I see that a part of the community consider the nine axis alignment system to be old news and in need of a more "grey" morality.

Actually, for me, it's the other way around. I happen to think that a manichean system like the nine axis is actually new, for this kind of sandbox game.I really would like to see a lawful good nation having a hard time choosing side in a war between a lawful evil nation and a chaotic good nation.

Again, I am not talking about your community, I am just talking in a general sense.

Goblin Squad Member

Audoucet wrote:

I see that a part of the community consider the nine axis alignment system to be old news and in need of a more "grey" morality.

Actually, for me, it's the other way around. I happen to think that a manichean system like the nine axis is actually new, for this kind of sandbox game.I really would like to see a lawful good nation having a hard time choosing side in a war between a lawful evil nation and a chaotic good nation.

Again, I am not talking about your community, I am just talking in a general sense.

Not a problem. Just discussion. :)

AND, I get your point. We all see things differently. I feel like in the thick of the game, alignment will have lessened meaning on where "legitimate" war happens. Position, provocation, and need will guide most such decisions.

What do you see as the alignment of a nation? Or for that matter, what is a nation but a collection of settlements (likely stretched along alignment for advantage)? According to how a nation or alliance is structured, the members will either have a say in where that organization goes to war, or not.

Goblin Squad Member

T7V Avari wrote:
One Pax, two Pax, Red Pax, Blue pax.

I lol'd

Goblin Squad Member

Alignment aside, I still haven't seen an answer to the following: If Golgatha's stated goal is World Domination, where does that leave the others?

Doesn't really affect me, just more of a curiosity question.

Goblin Squad Member

Golgotha's objective is to bring order to the River Kingdoms. Our motto is: "Through strength of arms, we bring peace."

Though Golgotha will dominate battlefields and their adversaries, it is not our intention for Golgotha to "own" the river kingdoms.

Goblin Squad Member

Fair enough. I will drop it since I fear probing will just delve into a political/philosophical discussion on what peace means.

Goblin Squad Member

The absence of conflict for whatever reason is peace. Golgotha will bring peace to our Empire through intimidation. Thinking that you will lose prior to losing has an effect on the resolve before the battle has even begun.

That makes conflict less likely and peace more likely.

Goblin Squad Member

I will be interested to see how that plays out in-game, truly..

Goblin Squad Member

Quote:
We are, at least provisionally, open to any and all who wish to live within Golgothan walls. There may be exceptions to that rule, but they would be dealt with on a case by case basis. There will be an approval process for joining Golgotha proper (the standard 2 week application process of Pax Gaming), however there will be less concrete terms that players can adhere to that would let them live in Golgotha, but not be as closely affiliated. We are also looking for Chartered Companies that wish are needing somewhere to live, but don't want to be stuck with a restrictive contract. Though there are terms, such as set tax rates, assumed military activity and the like, they assume far less than they would should that group join Golgotha proper.

What are the advantages to joining Golgotha over simply living there?

Do you expect many Pax members to swap between settlements and share help? Or do you expect them to be pretty independent?

Any thoughts on the types of skills Golgotha would focus on training and supporting?

Do the Xeilians have any plans to set up child cities should any one grow too large to be one city? How do they grow if they're already all a kingdom?

Goblin Squad Member

IronVanguard wrote:
What are the advantages to joining Golgotha over simply living there?

They have cake!

Goblin Squad Member

@IronVanguard

A quick explanation before advantages: To live in Golgotha means to be Golgothan, either through joining one of our initial Charter companies(CCs), Sponsored Charter Companies(SCCs), or Private Charter Companies(PCCs). Individuals may apply to be residents of Golgotha, but it is encouraged they join an existing CC, SCC, or PCC.

Advantages:
Protection
Resources
Jobs/Contracts
Cake

There are more advantages than just those presented at face value as well.

Golgotha, Aeternum, and Fidelis all have their own rosters. As a kingdom we will be providing support for each other, but each settlement/group will be self sufficient.

As we have not any concrete evidence of a skill list/training requirements at this time, this can be only speculation.

Current doctrine indicates the possibilities of growing Golgothan Territory in three ways: Budding, Annexation, and Vassalage. When game mechanics are released in regards to kingdoms and more is known about expansion, then these techniques are likely to be refined as they are just speculation.

1 to 50 of 81 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / The Face of Evil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.