What comes after Iron Gods?


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

51 to 100 of 273 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
Thank you for categorizing my interests as hogwash.

You're welcome, anytime.

;)

Grand Lodge

Damon Griffin wrote:

Will (should) the first book of Iron Gods have shipped before the announcement is made regarding the next AP?

I have so little interest in Iron Gods that I've been considering the permanent loss of my Charter Subscriber status ....
Having fallen, there's less incentive to buy all future APs, so I might be opting in and out on a case by case basis after that.

.

.
They will announce the one after Iron Gods well before I.G. ships out.

This is exactly what I went through a while back.

I had absolutely NO desire for the Oriental Adventures AP, "Jade China" or whatever, but didn't want to lose my Charter Subscriber tag. As it turned out the first three volumes of "Chinese D&D" aren't even in the Far East of Golarion and vol. four is a Mongolia-like setting. Cool. So I kept my Charter subscription and just swallowed the final two volumes like a used enema.

And that did make it easier to cancel later on.

The "Let's Be Stupid Pirates" AP was when I cancelled my Charter Subscription for 6 volumes. Pirate adventures don't grate on my nerves like Oriental Adventures do but it was waaay more than enough for me to cancel.

And then I went ahead and cancelled again for Wrath of the Righteous only to more easily avoid spoilers so someone else could DM it for me as a PC. I'm back for the "Mummies in Egypt" AP though I gotta admit, I'm not too excited about it. And NO WAY am I gonna buy the "Spaceships" AP in August.

I'm again looking forward to next February's AP, hopefully a more classic D&D adventure setting & theme.


It seems the AP’s are flipped between introduce new rules AP's and heavily real world cultured themes. (Reign of Winter/Slavic, Mummy’s mask/Egyptian). Since Iron Gods will likely introduce new rules I would venture to guess that right after it would be a real world cultully themed AP.

My guess is it would be a Linnorn Kings/Viking theme AP where you go on raids. This is a good time for it due to the popularity of the TV show Vikings. This AP may even go over to Acadia as the first explores to that continent.

Sovereign Court

W E Ray wrote:
Damon Griffin wrote:

Will (should) the first book of Iron Gods have shipped before the announcement is made regarding the next AP?

I have so little interest in Iron Gods that I've been considering the permanent loss of my Charter Subscriber status ....
Having fallen, there's less incentive to buy all future APs, so I might be opting in and out on a case by case basis after that.

.

.
They will announce the one after Iron Gods well before I.G. ships out.

This is exactly what I went through a while back.

I had absolutely NO desire for the Oriental Adventures AP, "Jade China" or whatever, but didn't want to lose my Charter Subscriber tag. As it turned out the first three volumes of "Chinese D&D" aren't even in the Far East of Golarion and vol. four is a Mongolia-like setting. Cool. So I kept my Charter subscription and just swallowed the final two volumes like a used enema.

And that did make it easier to cancel later on.

The "Let's Be Stupid Pirates" AP was when I cancelled my Charter Subscription for 6 volumes. Pirate adventures don't grate on my nerves like Oriental Adventures do but it was waaay more than enough for me to cancel.

And then I went ahead and cancelled again for Wrath of the Righteous only to more easily avoid spoilers so someone else could DM it for me as a PC. I'm back for the "Mummies in Egypt" AP though I gotta admit, I'm not too excited about it. And NO WAY am I gonna buy the "Spaceships" AP in August.

I'm again looking forward to next February's AP, hopefully a more classic D&D adventure setting & theme.

Paizo needs to have you name their APs from now on....

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
roysier wrote:

It seems the AP’s are flipped between introduce new rules AP's and heavily real world cultured themes. (Reign of Winter/Slavic, Mummy’s mask/Egyptian). Since Iron Gods will likely introduce new rules I would venture to guess that right after it would be a real world cultully themed AP.

My guess is it would be a Linnorn Kings/Viking theme AP where you go on raids. This is a good time for it due to the popularity of the TV show Vikings. This AP may even go over to Acadia as the first explores to that continent.

We'll likely see a return of "classic" fantasy. Probably Varisia.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
DM_aka_Dudemeister wrote:
roysier wrote:

It seems the AP’s are flipped between introduce new rules AP's and heavily real world cultured themes. (Reign of Winter/Slavic, Mummy’s mask/Egyptian). Since Iron Gods will likely introduce new rules I would venture to guess that right after it would be a real world cultully themed AP.

My guess is it would be a Linnorn Kings/Viking theme AP where you go on raids. This is a good time for it due to the popularity of the TV show Vikings. This AP may even go over to Acadia as the first explores to that continent.

We'll likely see a return of "classic" fantasy. Probably Varisia.

I will be you money the next AP after Iron Gods doesn't involve Varisia.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I would take that bet, except I won't have any money. Because I'll have spent it all on Iron Gods ;)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I know there's something about the year 2015, that involves an Aroden cult in Absalom trying to make prophecies come true. So that's another strong possibility.


W E Ray wrote:


{. . .}
The "Let's Be Stupid Pirates" AP was when I cancelled my Charter Subscription for 6 volumes.
{. . .}

Say . . . Speaking of which, anyone know of a campaign (or other thread) in which somebody tried to rewrite Skull & Shackles into an serious adventure good for Good characters instead of whatever it is? Like for instance, rewriting it into an undercover mission for Andoran agents to infiltrate the Free Captains? (Bonus plot element: Cheliax has gotten the same idea, and so has Nidal, but Nidal is further along with it than either Andoran or Cheliax, since they actually trade semi-openly with the Free Captains. Maybe even some other Inner Sea powers have gotten the same idea.)


I would expect a more standard D&D theme AP using an area they haven't used that much in yet. They dabbled in Kyonin for Second Darkness so I would do one involving dwarves and the Five Mountains or orcs and Belkzen. You can always get a classic D&D dungeoncrawl in lost dwarven kingdoms.

Linnorm Kings would be fantastic, but I don't expect a norse boat raider one with having done piratey Skull and Shackles relatively recently.


Yeah, I'm about 80% convinced it's going to be a Belkzen "Orcs vs. Humans" classic AP.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Yeah, I'm about 80% convinced it's going to be a Belkzen "Orcs vs. Humans" classic AP.

Evidence?


DM_aka_Dudemeister wrote:
I know there's something about the year 2015, that involves an Aroden cult in Absalom trying to make prophecies come true. So that's another strong possibility.

They are called the Harbingers, and the year is actually 4714 AR (basically 2014). Yeah, no clues on that so far...

Would love to see it though, and I've outlined possible ideas for it earlier in the thread.


zergtitan wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Yeah, I'm about 80% convinced it's going to be a Belkzen "Orcs vs. Humans" classic AP.
Evidence?

Superficial. Just an inkling based on some things that have been said about ideas for an orcish AP having been tossed around before, it being time to start looking into doing more with orcs, a return to a more traditional AP.

Not going to link the posts where I saw these things pop up- they're scattered about the boards mostly over the last year or so (one going back to 2012, IIRC), but it's just a feeling.

It could just as likely be some Runelord follow up, or a political adventure in Taldor.


I'm thinking they might not return to the Runelords for a good while...maybe even so far out as to be on the tenth anniversary groupings? If then?


Not much for orcs but I will still enjoy it more then the mythic demon AP.

Maybe we will see an AP were the elves are likable or we finally get a dwarf focused AP.


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

On his 'ask James Jacobs questions' threat, he has been hinting at a return to a more traditional fantasy path for the one after IG. Maybe we will finally get to liberate Nirmathas from Molthune?

Dark Archive

Dragon78 wrote:
I am hoping for a Arcadia AP, a Distant Worlds AP, or a First World AP. Though I would be happy to see an AP that does not have a single demon, devil, or daemon in it.

The First World AP is called Kingmaker.

Silver Crusade

I want to see an Arcadia AP. Want to see some continents not yet represented on the map of Golarion.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Gladior wrote:
On his 'ask James Jacobs questions' threat, he has been hinting at a return to a more traditional fantasy path for the one after IG. Maybe we will finally get to liberate Nirmathas from Molthune?

Isn't one of their main rules that APs won't/can't make major changes to the campaign setting?

Liberty's Edge

Samy wrote:
Gladior wrote:
On his 'ask James Jacobs questions' threat, he has been hinting at a return to a more traditional fantasy path for the one after IG. Maybe we will finally get to liberate Nirmathas from Molthune?
Isn't one of their main rules that APs won't/can't make major changes to the campaign setting?

Uh...no. Wrath of the Righteous closes the Worldwound if you succeed, just for example.

There's a rule like that about novels, but nothing about APs beyond the game's books not assuming any APs have occurred.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Samy wrote:
Gladior wrote:
On his 'ask James Jacobs questions' threat, he has been hinting at a return to a more traditional fantasy path for the one after IG. Maybe we will finally get to liberate Nirmathas from Molthune?
Isn't one of their main rules that APs won't/can't make major changes to the campaign setting?

All of our APs make changes to the campaign setting. Some more than others.

The rule is that no one AP is assumed to have occurred, so that those changes, how they change things, and when they happen is left to the GM.

A Molthune/Nirmathas AP would be cool... but it's not gonna happen anytime soon since we don't have a robust enough mass combat option yet. The rules in Ultimate Campaign are fine in smaller doses and/or for side-plots... but not for the focus of a 6 part campaign.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

My bad, apologies!

Grand Lodge

Hey, Deadman Walking, Thanks for potentially ruining Wrath of the Righteous.

Remember the Spoiler Tags please.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
W E Ray wrote:

Hey, Deadman Walking, Thanks for potentially ruining Wrath of the Righteous.

Remember the Spoiler Tags please.

oh come on now! its obvious thats where they were going with it

besides have you seen what happens if you fail
quit being so negative to people!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
W E Ray wrote:

Hey, Deadman Walking, Thanks for potentially ruining Wrath of the Righteous.

Remember the Spoiler Tags please.

I'm sorry if you feel that way...but I consider revealing that to be on par with revealing that in Rasputin Must Die! you fight Rasputin.

It's the basic premise of the Adventure Path, and I knew it was at least highly likely before I knew anything beyond that the AP was Mythic and involved the Worldwound. It's not a significant spoiler, IMO. Additionally, it's not a plot spoiler, but a goal spoiler...and a goal that all characters in that AP should already have, so it's very unlikely to ruin, well, anything.

That said, I'd edit it if I could, since you object...but I can't.


In a way they already have a mini-Nirmathas AP though, don't they, with the entire Price of Immortality (I think that's what it's called, Crypt of Everflame, Masks of the Living God and City of Golden Death). Toss Fangwood Keep in there and you have four modules in a line in regards to those.

I think Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale happens there as well, so you even have a sort of sandbox type module also which means five adventures...

Which is actually a pretty good, if lower level...AP type flow.

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Obviously, the next AP will be a tie-in for the new Ponyfinder ruleset.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

[tongue-in-cheek]
Well, we have the ninja AP, the pirate AP, we're about to have the robot overlords AP... obviously the next up in the meme AP requirements is a LolCat AP, probably cleverly disguised as mythic rakshasa
[/tongue-in-cheek]

I'd guess the same as Cthulhudrew, though, and think it's probably something orc-related &/or something involving a dragon BBEG for a more traditional flavor.

-TimD

Liberty's Edge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

Yes! LOLCat AP! Then we'd finally get the Kittens of Golarion Player Companion that I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

I'm ready for a mega-dungeon.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

I think that's coming out soon, and it's called "Emerald Spire"....


With all the Arcadia themed art I saw on Tumblr a while back (including concept sketch work), I have a hunch Arcadia is coming up. It might just be a setting book or adventure and NOT an AP, but I still hope we get an Arcadia AP after Iron Gods (or after the following AP)

Paizo Employee Developer

As the developer here most interested in Arcadia, I'm curious about the Tumblr you're talking about and that concept sketch. Link?

Silver Crusade

It wasn't concept sketches. It was just pictures of different cultures and also a picture of Adam Warlock. It has been insinuated that it might have been used for the upcoming Inner Sea Gods hardcover. I seriously doubt Wes would put something up that most people would instantly recognize as Arcadia type art and the like.

Paizo Employee Developer

I considered that was the post the good Doctor Necrotic was talking about, but his description sounded a bit different. I can confirm that the inspirational images Wes posted on his Tumblr were not for the upcoming AP nor for Inner Sea Gods, but instead they were related to something he wrote for me.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

You mean the Wes' article on the afterlife for Mummy's Mask number 6, which is mentioned in the podcast of the AP seminar from PaizoCon 2013. :)


Yeah, I guess I was convinced by some PF fanpage on the site that thought it meant future Arcadia support. I dunno, speculations are hardly valid... So, my bad.


Correct. Direct from me, the Director of Expectation Management, that stuff wasn't for an unannounced upcoming Arcadia project.

Dark Archive

TimD wrote:

[tongue-in-cheek]

Well, we have the ninja AP, the pirate AP, we're about to have the robot overlords AP... obviously the next up in the meme AP requirements is a LolCat AP, probably cleverly disguised as mythic rakshasa
[/tongue-in-cheek]

I'd guess the same as Cthulhudrew, though, and think it's probably something orc-related &/or something involving a dragon BBEG for a more traditional flavor.

-TimD

A Rakshasha/Indian mythology themed AP would actually be pretty cool


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It could be ANYTHING from ANY region, be the Inner Sea or further.

I'd be down for an AP focused on the Archdevils this time around, like in Cheliax.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I heard a rumor that the next adventure path was to involve saving the Smurfs from Gargamel and bringing about the end ofthe Age of Lost Omens by returning the Sword of Omens to Thundera, ending with a climactic battle against Mumm-ra. Did I say heard? I meant started....

Paizo Employee Developer

But where do the Snorks and Man-At-Arms come into it all?

Liberty's Edge

Adam Daigle wrote:
But where do the Snorks and Man-At-Arms come into it all?

They are relegated to the bestiaries, the Mad Balls however, have a full religion article.


Well considering the Silverhawks will be in Iron Gods along with M.A.S.K. and Thundarr;)


Aren't we fighting Mumm-ra already in the Mummy's Mask.

Haven't heard if Mumm-mutt will be there or if we can find the sword of omens.


Dragon78 wrote:
Well considering the Silverhawks will be in Iron Gods along with M.A.S.K. and Thundarr;)

But I was promised Megatron as the final boss for the whole AP :(

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I like that in the midst of this cartoon nostalgia, no one brought up G.I. Joe. We all know they have something like a -20 to hit with ranged weapons—that are touch attacks no less!


Adam Daigle wrote:
I like that in the midst of this cartoon nostalgia, no one brought up G.I. Joe. We all know they have something like a -20 to hit with ranged weapons—that are touch attacks no less!

On the plus side, they always manage to escape destroyed vehicles unharmed. Even the bad guys.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Am I the only one that wants an AP with more daemons and about one or all of the Four Horsemen?

51 to 100 of 273 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / What comes after Iron Gods? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.