What RPG do you play to change it up between PF sessions?


Gamer Life General Discussion

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Irontruth wrote:
Hama wrote:
Dark good?
If you like games about thieves. It's hard to describe how well it handles stealth, because it does it many times better than any game I've ever seen. I might even say it's the first game that actually deals with stealth in an efficient and effective way, mechanically.

Already? I still have to read through most of it. (Not much time.) It looks good though.

Grand Lodge

I use 2nd edition AD&D as my main “go-to” game system, so I actually play Pathfinder and 3.5 D&D as "alternates". But when looking for something other than "swords & Sorcery", my go-to game is Call of Cthulhu...


HERO for my table, tho we're open minded enough to try anything if there is enough interest. In the past we have taken breaks from D&D to run short or long campaigns in HERO(Champions and also Fantasy Hero), Battletech/Mechwarrior, Runequest, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Powers & Perils, Rifts, and others.


I used to run Paranoia. Nothing clears the gaming session air better than a one-shot with good old Friend Computer. Lately, it's just been Pathfinder...


Star Wars Saga Edition, mostly. But, our SW games are perpetually cursed to lose steam and implode just when things are getting good. I seek to remedy this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hama wrote:
Scythia wrote:
White wolf, so called "old" World of Darkness.
You mean the only proper World of Darkness?

I do indeed.

I think it's tragic that they scrapped such a successful game line right before the concept of vampires and werewolves became popular again. Not that I'd celebrate twilight influenced World of Darkness games, but there was a lot of missed opportunity there.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Tamago wrote:

I'm really liking Fate these days. It's a fun system with enough crunch to keep me interested, but it also puts character and story first. It's definitely more narrativist than simulationist.

You can also download the rules for a pay-what-you-like (including free) download from the publisher.

Cubicle 7 is having a fire sale on their Fate based Star Blazer material since they're not renewing the license.

Verdant Wheel

Mostly 7th Sea.
Althrough i have not been playing lately, i do consider myself a Hunter:The Vigil narrator.

Liberty's Edge

I'm surprised to not see Numenera mentioned by this point in the thread (if I missed it, sorry).

It's what my group is currently using to break up the PF grind, and it's working very well for us.


Jeremiziah wrote:

I'm surprised to not see Numenera mentioned by this point in the thread (if I missed it, sorry).

It's what my group is currently using to break up the PF grind, and it's working very well for us.

One of the games I'm in at the moment is using Numenera... honestly I'm not particularly impressed with it. Hard to say why exactly, but something about it just doesn't feel right to me. It just feels bland when I'm playing it, the mechanics don't interest me that much. Building a character, while easy, doesn't hold my attention the way builds for Pathfinder or other games do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Betrayal at House on the Hill isn't TECHNICALLY a full TRPG, but it floats a line between board game and TRPG that I find wonderful, and we usually play it on off-weeks (Pathfinder sessions are bi-weekly) or whenever we have an extra hour or two to kill. And the 2nd edition just had a new print run, so I got my own copy for the actual MSRP and not twice that because it was out of print!

Betrayal is a horror-themed game where, for the first half, 3-6 players are exploring a mysterious mansion —generated by drawing room tiles—trying find as many rooms and beneficial items as they can, and trying not to get weakened by events (so it's player versus game).

Everytime someoen finds an "omen" (which is a special type of card, which could be a mysterious stray dog or a haunted spear), they have to make a haunt roll, trying to roll under the numer of haunts that have been found. If they fail... they trigger the haunt, which will be one of 50 scenarios they've written based on the room it happened in and what omen was discovered at the time. One (or more) players become a traitor, and now instead of explorers versus a haunted house it's Heroes vs. The Tratior.

The haunted can be everything from...
—Someone turns into a werewolf
—The house starts being carried into the sky and there are half as many parachutes as players.
—The traitor has hidden voodoo dolls of the other characters in dangerous locations, and plays a game with them to find the dolls.
—A demonic fiddler is drawing everyone to the ball room with his Dance of Death, and the heroes have to resist his influence, fight off explorers that succumb, make their way to the Pentagram chamber, and perform a ritual to banish... dancing uncontrollably all the while.
—...and dozens more that I've yet to discover.


Ellis Mirari wrote:

Betrayal at House on the Hill isn't TECHNICALLY a full TRPG, but it floats a line between board game and TRPG that I find wonderful, and we usually play it on off-weeks (Pathfinder sessions are bi-weekly) or whenever we have an extra hour or two to kill. And the 2nd edition just had a new print run, so I got my own copy for the actual MSRP and not twice that because it was out of print!

Betrayal is a horror-themed game where, for the first half, 3-6 players are exploring a mysterious mansion —generated by drawing room tiles—trying find as many rooms and beneficial items as they can, and trying not to get weakened by events (so it's player versus game).

Everytime someoen finds an "omen" (which is a special type of card, which could be a mysterious stray dog or a haunted spear), they have to make a haunt roll, trying to roll under the numer of haunts that have been found. If they fail... they trigger the haunt, which will be one of 50 scenarios they've written based on the room it happened in and what omen was discovered at the time. One (or more) players become a traitor, and now instead of explorers versus a haunted house it's Heroes vs. The Tratior.

The haunted can be everything from...
—Someone turns into a werewolf
—The house starts being carried into the sky and there are half as many parachutes as players.
—The traitor has hidden voodoo dolls of the other characters in dangerous locations, and plays a game with them to find the dolls.
—A demonic fiddler is drawing everyone to the ball room with his Dance of Death, and the heroes have to resist his influence, fight off explorers that succumb, make their way to the Pentagram chamber, and perform a ritual to banish... dancing uncontrollably all the while.
—...and dozens more that I've yet to discover.

Seconded. Betrayal at the House on the Hill is an amazing game. I tend to prefer it to Arkham Horror as it doesn't run for as long, which means we can sometimes get a couple of rounds in if we feel like it. The only thing I'd say is that the minimum of 3 players actually isn't sufficient. really needs 4 as a minimum, otherwise some of the haunts become really boring for the traitor (the spider one in particular has this problem... if there's too few players, when the spider arrives the traitor is automatically killed... yes, they control the spider, but it moves according to very strict rules that allow basically no choice in what it does)

My Pathfinder group can't run this weekend due to the GM not being available (and he plays in the other fortnightly game that I run, so I can't run that either :P), so I'm going to be running a one-shot of The Laundry as a practice run, seeing as I have to run the same game for a bunch of adolescents the following afternoon. Should be interesting, I'm curious to see how a group of 14 year olds handle the horror/comedy mix of the game.


I have no one go to TRPG system.
I tend to run a campaign in one system then change to a new one as inspiration strikes.
I run -
.
.
.
Fate (Dresden Files mostly)
Cortex (Leverage mostly)
nWoD (Homebrew modern dark fantasy setting)
2e D&D (Homebrew Sword and Sorcery setting)
Rifts
Robotech
Heroes Unlimited (5 different settings here)
Palladium Fantasy
WFRPG
BRPG
Pathfinder
And a home brew Palladium/Pathfinder/Fate mash up system (Pathfinders core rules, Fates aspects rules, Palladiums setting).
I also will run short demo games of any board game or TRPG that catches my fancy.

Sovereign Court

Scythia wrote:
Hama wrote:
Scythia wrote:
White wolf, so called "old" World of Darkness.
You mean the only proper World of Darkness?

I do indeed.

I think it's tragic that they scrapped such a successful game line right before the concept of vampires and werewolves became popular again. Not that I'd celebrate twilight influenced World of Darkness games, but there was a lot of missed opportunity there.

Well, they did publish a Vampire The Masquerade 20th anniversary edition. I'm finding the book to my liking.

I actually managed to convince my players that the next game I run will be Vampire.

Now to refresh all the lore. There is A LOT.


We go between Pathfinder, Dnd 3.5, and OWoD.

I have digital copies of VtM 20th and WtA 20th and while I like having all the information together, it does miss some of the expanded things, and the rules have shifted towards NWoD. I do really really really want to see MtA 20th.

Scarab Sages

Now what do I play "between" Pathfinder sessions?

Hmm. Currently not a lot, to be honest. Mostly Shadows of Esteren with a few recent dips into Serenity & Buffy at the moment. That being said I'm planning on getting back into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1st or 2nd edition - 3rd is not a roleplaying game), Dragon Age again & finally Busty Barbarian Bimbos - don't ask, I promised to run a few sessions of it and so I shall. It is certainly not a politically correct game that pokes fun at the impractical cover girls from old fantasy adventures and at the horny teenaged roleplayer sterotype into the bargain.


LazarX wrote:
Tamago wrote:

I'm really liking Fate these days. It's a fun system with enough crunch to keep me interested, but it also puts character and story first. It's definitely more narrativist than simulationist.

You can also download the rules for a pay-what-you-like (including free) download from the publisher.

Cubicle 7 is having a fire sale on their Fate based Star Blazer material since they're not renewing the license.

Its also in the current Bundle of Holding (which, for anyone that's been on Saturn for the past year or so, is like Humble Bundle but for RPG PDFs), along with a bunch of other Fate books.

Scarab Sages

Balgin wrote:
Currently not a lot, to be honest.

Mostly because one of my players refuses to play anything that's not Pathfinder. Grumbles. Enjoying one system's fine but I often find that single system players can hold a group back and they're often missing out on some really great plots, storylines and adventures because of their refusal to be flexible.

Scarab Sages

Jeremiziah wrote:

I'm surprised to not see Numenera mentioned by this point in the thread (if I missed it, sorry).

It's what my group is currently using to break up the PF grind, and it's working very well for us.

Frankly, I just forgot...I love the look and tone of the game and it rests firmly on my 'need to play' stack ;-)


Am I a bad person if I say I likeNWoD? I didn't play OWoD, though I was very familiar with a lot of the lore. Read several of the books, but could never find a group to play. I find NWoD to be much more streamlined, and since I was never a big fan of the insanely intricate clan politics of OWoD, having them abesnt from most of NWoD doesn't bother me.


Josh M. wrote:

Am I a bad person if I say I likeNWoD? I didn't play OWoD, though I was very familiar with a lot of the lore. Read several of the books, but could never find a group to play. I find NWoD to be much more streamlined, and since I was never a big fan of the insanely intricate clan politics of OWoD, having them abesnt from most of NWoD doesn't bother me.

Doesn't make you a bad person. My group has played NWoD but the stuff you dislike is probably stuff that we do like.

Sovereign Court

OWoD was far more brutal and unforgiving. So people really had to jump through hoops to avoid combat whenever they could. Plus I prefer OWoD werewolves, much more powerful. Could tear gauru to shreds with ease.


Josh M. wrote:

Am I a bad person if I say I likeNWoD? I didn't play OWoD, though I was very familiar with a lot of the lore. Read several of the books, but could never find a group to play. I find NWoD to be much more streamlined, and since I was never a big fan of the insanely intricate clan politics of OWoD, having them abesnt from most of NWoD doesn't bother me.

Nah, I prefer nWoD too, I find the rules to be far better balanced. I always preferred the setting of oWoD, but even that has started to change the more I play in the newer setting. Changeling is well on its way to becoming one of my favourite games in the setting, which was previously tied between Werewolf: The Forsaken and Changeling: The Lost.


Its not really an RPG but between sessions one of the favorites has always been LEG's Phoenix Command (yes the game where the weapons have more stats than the player characters).


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Our group has an Anima campaign going on between Pathfinder games at the moment, though it is an odd system to say the least. Magic is completely broken in how it is used. We also used to have a Palladium Super Heroes game going, but DM scheduling made is difficult to play.


Generally savage worlds or rifts (as long as the players are okay with shooting the combat system in the face to reduce complexity). I've been trying to get my group to try out L5R 4e or Torchbearer since I just picked up the book but to no avail.


Between "chapters" in my weekly PFRPG game, I've been running one shot sessions of 13th Age and Dungeon World, which have been well received by that group. My biweekly PF group is going to change gears soon and switch to either Numenera or Iron Kingdoms. I also run a monthly Call of Cthulhu game and play in a monthly Hunter: The Vigil game.

Waiting in the wings, I'd like to play:
Eclipse Phase
Night's Black Agents
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
TimeWatch
The Laundry
Fate
Dark (the beta for this has me more excited than any game has for ages)


Oskar Metalsound wrote:
Our group has an Anima campaign going on between Pathfinder games at the moment, though it is an odd system to say the least. Magic is completely broken in how it is used. We also used to have a Palladium Super Heroes game going, but DM scheduling made is difficult to play.

Broken in the Exalted way of "Holy crap the caster just wiped the damn field with a single spell and can do this every damn time", or broken in some other way? I've been leaning towards picking up some Anima books, if only because I'm told the art is amazing.


Ken Pawlik wrote:

Between "chapters" in my weekly PFRPG game, I've been running one shot sessions of 13th Age and Dungeon World, which have been well received by that group. My biweekly PF group is going to change gears soon and switch to either Numenera or Iron Kingdoms. I also run a monthly Call of Cthulhu game and play in a monthly Hunter: The Vigil game.

Waiting in the wings, I'd like to play:
Eclipse Phase
Night's Black Agents
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
TimeWatch
The Laundry
Fate
Dark (the beta for this has me more excited than any game has for ages)

If it's a choice of Numenera or Iron Kingdoms, I'd be going Iron Kingdoms. I haven't been that impressed with Numenera so far as a player. Iron Kingdoms is much crunchier, and definitely works best with minis, but appeals to me far more.

Can't recommend The Laundry enough, I'm working my way through the novels at the moment and it's made me want to actually get my act together and get the regular group running instead of the occasional oneshots I've been doing.


Tinkergoth wrote:

If it's a choice of Numenera or Iron Kingdoms, I'd be going Iron Kingdoms. I haven't been that impressed with Numenera so far as a player. Iron Kingdoms is much crunchier, and definitely works best with minis, but appeals to me far more.

Can't recommend The Laundry enough, I'm working my way through the novels at the moment and it's made me want to actually get my act together and get the regular group running instead of the occasional oneshots I've been doing.

It's interesting to hear your comments about Numenera; reading through the core book, it seems like a game that could be more fun to run as a GM than to be a player in. I'm leaning more towards Iron Kingdoms because the book has been unused on my shelf longer, but I have fun ideas for both so I'll go along with whatever the players decide.

I didn't know there even was a The Laundry RPG until I saw a banner for it on DriveThruRPG recently. I picked it up immediately and am very impressed with it. My CoC group will probably go for a Laundry campaign once the current campaign wraps up... eventually.


Ken Pawlik wrote:

It's interesting to hear your comments about Numenera; reading through the core book, it seems like a game that could be more fun to run as a GM than to be a player in. I'm leaning more towards Iron Kingdoms because the book has been unused on my shelf longer, but I have fun ideas for both so I'll go along with whatever the players decide.

I didn't know there even was a The Laundry RPG until I saw a banner for it on DriveThruRPG recently. I picked it up immediately and am very impressed with it. My CoC group will probably go for a Laundry campaign once the current campaign wraps up... eventually.

Even as a GM I don't think I'd enjoy it that much. The biggest problem I have with it is the whole static nature of the monsters. It feels somehow bland to me, with the way that the GM just throws a bunch of target numbers at the players for monsters. Makes them feel like just another skill challenge. I'm also not much of a fan of the way the target numbers are set, where you have to get the difficulty rating, then multiply it by three to get the target number, seems like an unnecessary complication. All comes down to personal preference though I guess.

I picked up The Laundry RPG at this year's CanCon, and was really happy with it. The one problem I had was that I then found out that I could have got a copy of the core book, and each of the supplements (except for the latest one, God Game Black), with a PDF of each book included through a bundle deal on the Cubicle 7 site. I'm seriously considering buying the bundle anyway when I have a little more cash spare, it's always handy to have a second copy of the core book.


Planning on running some Through The Breach, the RPG based on the Malifaux tabletop game from Wyrd, sometime this year


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Tinkergoth wrote:
Oskar Metalsound wrote:
Our group has an Anima campaign going on between Pathfinder games at the moment, though it is an odd system to say the least. Magic is completely broken in how it is used. We also used to have a Palladium Super Heroes game going, but DM scheduling made is difficult to play.
Broken in the Exalted way of "Holy crap the caster just wiped the damn field with a single spell and can do this every damn time", or broken in some other way? I've been leaning towards picking up some Anima books, if only because I'm told the art is amazing.

Broken in the "I took a moderate amount of Creation Magic at first level and now I can cast basically any spell ever." Also, the spell boosting mechanic makes things stack in a weird way. Here are some things I did off the top of my head:

-Sent a super zombie hulk into low planet orbit with no possible save or resistance
-Paralyze an entire field of zombies for roughly an hour, letting everyone else hack them to death
-Use a blade of pure destructive nothingness to eliminate the tentacles of an elder thing
-Give an empty body a new soul
-Turn an ancient aztec-like temple into an honest to god mecha, using a first level spell, thus allowing us to A) Fight a super elemental bat on even footing and B) Murder everything in the temple with no effort.

And keep in mind that this is the first character I ever made for this setting and I knew almost nothing about the rules when I did. I lucked into this crazy stuff.


Yup, that sounds like Exalted levels of broken magic.

Caster: Okay guys, protect me for one more round
Me: You got it

*2 Rounds Later*

Caster: Okay, I cast "Flight of the Obsidian Butterflies"
Me: What does that do?
Caster: Let's see, it... kills everything by the looks of it. Yup. Everything's dead.
Me: Huh

This repeated with pretty much every spell he knew. GM checked it, the maths checked out.


In between PF sessions we play... more PF? In my gaming group most of the player's have time only for one campaign or project at the time so often there are two vampaigns at the same time and nothing else. I would like to play more games but often we have to choose between familiar PF and unfamiliar (to players, not for me) other game and often choice is PF.

But we have played couple of other roleplaying games in these days when PF has been taking most of our time:
-Dragon Age RPG (love the system and the world. Also our first timer GM did great job with this game.)
-Dresden Files (I read the books and wanted to try this. Campaign lasted five session and game was great, PF orientated players loved who they could affect things)
-Lamentations of the Flame Princess (old-school fantasy with lots of horror and weird elements, like low-magic PF+Arkham Horror. Couple of sessions time to time)
-E.N.O.C: Operation Eisenberg (Finnish "ready-to-play" occult-action roleplaying game. PCs are part of organization called E.N.O.C which is like Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (BPRD) in Hellboy. Fighting zombies, nazis and zombi-nazis in very action movie like style. Loved by my players)

There are lot more roleplaying games in my shelf than we can play. It is bit sad but luckily there are times when they are used. I also have large collection of boardgames (as have my friends) to when we don't play roleplaying games we gather around the table with one or more boardgames. Arkham Horror, Smash Up!, Lords of Waterdeep, Eclipse are most playd games of 2014. Also A Game of Thrones Living Card Game is is played a lot by me and two others (trying to get others to play it too).


We have so many games between us... GURPS, Shadowrun, Old VtM, Rolemaster, Dr Who, the RPGs set in the WH40K universe...

Never play any of them its always Pathfinder :-(

I am a bit burnt out with PF, I am enjoying our current AP but I would love to be playing a different system.


noblejohn wrote:
Mythic Evil Lincoln wrote:
Been playing the heck out of Torchbearer lately.
So what is torchbearer like to run?

I find it very fun. The rules are a bit asymmetric so the GM has a lot fewer responsibilities to run monsters and NPCs. In fact, Monsters only really have two ratings and a bunch of weapon choices.

Most of what the GM does is describe rooms, mark off "the grind" (simple timekeeping), and adjudicate failures.


Call of Cthullu
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Star Wars RPG
D&D
Schimmen & Schaduwen (dutch variant of D&D)
Vampire the Masquerade
Wherewolf
boardgames (ARKHAM HORROR!!! DOOM!)
Nephilim

Sovereign Court

Snorri Nosebiter wrote:


boardgames (ARKHAM HORROR!!! DOOM!)

Have you tried Eldritch Horror yet? Its a ton of fun played last weekend.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Blue_Hill wrote:


-Dragon Age RPG (love the system and the world. Also our first timer GM did great job with this game.)

I wish the next set would come out for Dragon Age. Our DM wants to wait for it because we're getting close to max level in the current system, but I want to get back to playing my fighter. I loved the stunt point system, especially "Seize the Initiative". Go last in a round, Seize the Initiative, first next round. My DM hated that because I kept doing it. Killed so many zombies.


Pan wrote:
Snorri Nosebiter wrote:


boardgames (ARKHAM HORROR!!! DOOM!)
Have you tried Eldritch Horror yet? Its a ton of fun played last weekend.

not YET... still waiting till the other players are comfortable enough with Arkham to add Dunwich


1 person marked this as a favorite.

oooh, almost forgot: Talisman! :) utterly epic, but if you use all expansions, you'd better set aside a full day for this one :) Last time we played, we started at 9 am, took an hour break for a BBQ around noon, another BBQ break around 6 pm, then continued playing well into the night, and still didn't finnish :P if all players focus on preventing the other from winning, instead of focussing on winning, this can take almost as long to finnish as a pathfinder adventure path :P


Oskar Metalsound wrote:
I wish the next set would come out for Dragon Age. Our DM wants to wait for it because we're getting close to max level in the current system, but I want to get back to playing my fighter. I loved the stunt point system, especially "Seize the Initiative". Go last in a round, Seize the Initiative, first next round. My DM hated that because I kept doing it. Killed so many zombies.

Yeah, we have been waiting for it too eventhough our game has been on long hiatus. Second set looked promising although we had long discussion about being grey warden (mechanical and narrative viewpoints both). But yes, stunt points are awesome. Vague enough to give player's chance to tell how they do their stuns but effects are still same. My shield&sword warrior's favorite combo was knocking enemy down with shield and use mighty blow/pierce armor to finish enemy off. Dragon Age rpg is awesome.


Snorri Nosebiter wrote:
Pan wrote:
Snorri Nosebiter wrote:


boardgames (ARKHAM HORROR!!! DOOM!)
Have you tried Eldritch Horror yet? Its a ton of fun played last weekend.
not YET... still waiting till the other players are comfortable enough with Arkham to add Dunwich

First time I ever played Arkham Horror, the group used EVERY expansion at once(our game table is huge). Talk about a crash-course in learning that game...


These days, its mostly boardgames on the non-PF game nights - with Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror, Catan, and Cards Against Humanity being the usual favorites.

In our 3.5 days, we filled the gaps with one-shots of D20 Modern, Call of Cthulhu, D20 Star Wars, or just a game of Risk or Axis and Allies.


I have one monthly group that will ONLY play PF. Sometimes, two of those players and I play more PF-- they're heavily into PFS at conventions.

I have another monthly group, and a group that is irregular. Everyone in those groups has played PF, but these are my "anything but D&D" groups. We come back to Savage Worlds (various settings) as our main games, but we've played with Dungeon World, Traveller, Barbarians of Lemuria, and Serenity (Cortex). We've done some boardgaming on occasion, too.

I run sometimes for my 15-year-old and his pals, mostly in the summer. I've introduced them to AD&D 2e, Space:1889, Star Frontiers, and Twilight:2000 so far.

And then there's my monthly Star Fleet Battles group and weekly big WW2 wargame in the basement.

Silver Crusade

I used to play a lot of D&D, but now it's mainly PF. However, a good mini-campaign of GURPS is always a fun change of pace.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Every so often, I'll pull out one of the other systems I own (AD&D 1st and 2nd Ed, BECMI D&D, D&D 3.0 and 3.5 (and The Wheel of Time RPG), Star Frontiers, MERPS (Middle-Earth Roleplaying System; based on a sort of a "Rolemaster-lite"), Shadowrun 1st Ed, RIFTS, Ars Magica, Alternity, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed) and do some revisions/expansions on some of my existing material. This allows me to switch patterns of thought while still being creative; I can return to Pathfinder with new perspectives on characters/themes (or things I can adapt) and I'm better prepared on the off-chance I can interest enough people to try one of the other systems.

Actually, I've been spending the past couple weeks expanding a couple of Champions/HERO System (4th Ed) campaign ideas that have been in "rough" form for a few years (well, over a decade): a "fantasy/martial arts" mash-up (sort of like 3.0's Oriental Adventures, except based more on historical China instead of Japan and with less spellcasting/more martial arts) and a street-level/low-powered/"non-powered" superhero/vigilantes campaign as an alternative/sub-campaign to a "normal" superhero one (based on the Dark Champions sourcebook). I can still appreciate the flexibility the system gives me: The freedom it gives you to model any concept down to just about any level of detail "out of the box" is still pretty amazing/liberating.


Legend of the Five Rings. One Gozoku campaign, one Boar Clan campaign (on hiatus)

When my current PF/Mystara campaign comes to an end (hopefully with a new batch of Immortals taking the stage), I'll put anything d20-related aside and run some Laundry Files adventures.

Dark Archive

I'm pretty much burned out on Pathfinder for the foreseeable future, so my group is getting into a number of other games these days. I'm in the middle of prepping for a Fate game where the players are going to play supervillains, drawing on Necessary Evil for inspiration. I'm also playing in a monthly Monster of the Week campaign and running a short game of Lady Blackbird. Recent non-Pathfinder games have included Fiasco, Monsterhearts (which is awesome!), Shooting the Moon, Starblazer Adventures (another great one - I used it to run an Original Trek campaign which was extremely successful), and Durance. So many more that I'd love to try running, though - if we finish Lady Blackbird before I'm done prepping the Fate game, I think I'll run a short game of How We Came to Live Here.

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / What RPG do you play to change it up between PF sessions? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion