Season 5 Four Star Special?


Pathfinder Society

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

I have not heard any news on this yet...

Any insight on when it will be released and the tier it will be?

I am now working on the schedule for an April 4-6 Convention and always have been able to run the 4 star special there in the past. I am hoping I will be able to again this year.

The above information would be useful for Convention Organizers.

Paizo Employee 5/5 Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I hear there's a blog due out on Monday. I imagine we'll hear more then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We have to wait...

This is so unfair...

Keep up the good work.

Silver Crusade 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8 aka GreySector

I don't pay attention to these things much. At what time is the blog normally posted?

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

Noon Paizo Time.

Grand Lodge

So sometime the day after it was supposed to be posted?

Silver Crusade

*peers in*

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

Paizo standard time is shockingly close to Pacific Standard time, so in about 96 minutes from.... NOW.

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Pirate Rob wrote:
Paizo standard time is shockingly close to Pacific Standard time, so in about 96 minutes from.... NOW.

What about now? Are we there yet?


Are we there yet???

dad
dad
dada
daddy
daDDY
DADDY
DADDY

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

are we?


ruh roh, your going to make daddy very angry... stop i want ice cream!


Talon89 wrote:
ruh roh, your going to make daddy very angry... stop i want ice cream!

Will it have cherries n whipped cream n nuts n sprinkles??? cause if not then I'm not stopping!!!!!!

Silver Crusade

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:

Are we there yet???

dad
dad
dada
daddy
daDDY
DADDY
DADDY

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

are we?

I think Mike Brock is the kind of dad who *would* turn the car around :P


daddy, will it have cherries w/ whipped cream... and nuts and sprinkles? pleeeeease... because bunny is being mean


Talon89 wrote:
daddy, will it have cherries w/ whipped cream... and nuts and sprinkles? pleeeeease... because bunny is being mean

Muahahahahahahahaha

pokes talon with a pencil cause that way she's still on her side of the car


ouchie! starts beating bunny with a giant foam finger


Talon89 wrote:
ouchie! starts beating bunny with a giant foam finger

bites the finger and grrrrrrrs at talon

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

Bunny Purple FluffyGnomeCat: While we're waiting lets plot when to meet next. You moved east and I moved west but I bet we can figure something out


Pirate Rob wrote:

Bunny Purple FluffyGnomeCat: While we're waiting lets plot when to meet next. You moved east and I moved west but I bet we can figure something out

Lol ... I won't be able to make Paizocon this year ... but I'll be at Gencon ... then trying for Gamicon next year ... maybe Paizocon next year ... I dunno ... vacation is a pain

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

I wasn't planning on PaizoCon this year either but I'm going to try and make it to GenCon. Depends on work schedule (Still looking for a job at this point)


Pirate Rob wrote:
I wasn't planning on PaizoCon this year either but I'm going to try and make it to GenCon. Depends on work schedule (Still looking for a job at this point)

kewl ... we shall have to catch up and junk

5/5

*twitches* I am a patient person... I am a patient person...

Cut me some slack, it's my first Exclusive!

Shadow Lodge

Connect the dots ... la la la la ... Conect the dots ... la la la la


It's up. I'm ambivalent towards the "Exclusive" but pretty happy about the other thing (no spoilers; go read it).

5/5

Majuba wrote:
it's my first Exclusive!

:(


omgz, where can we find it? linky, pleeease?


Talon89 wrote:

omgz, where can we find it? linky, pleeease?

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lfui?GM-Rewards

5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northeast aka Shivok

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Majuba wrote:
Majuba wrote:
it's my first Exclusive!
:(

Yeah it's somewhat of a bummer. But John made a good point, almost 600 Gms had access to the exclusive to run it for people. It was a reward, but not a direct reward to all the GMs for thier countless hours of work and dedication to the campaign.

For me I like this change, its a step in the right direction anx gives a tangible reward to gms from 1 star to 5 stars. As an incentive - its the gift that keeps on giving.

Liberty's Edge

Having never had the chance to Play Bonekeept (because whilst the scene is getting bigger locally we only have a single 4 star gm), Im looking forward to getting to play/ run this oneday.

The Sheet I have not had a chance to look at yet, but people sound excited. My Only issue will be who to reward it to.

Thanks Paizo!

5/5

June Soler wrote:
Majuba wrote:
:(
Yeah it's somewhat of a bummer. But John made a good point, almost 600 Gms had access to the exclusive to run it for people.

I think you mean 'gained access'?

I actually thought the point there was somewhat reversed. When Midnight Mauler came out, it was written and released as a reward for just 7 individuals to run. Now there are 550, 200 that aren't venture officers, who get in essence leftovers.

That said, I do think an extra restrictive scenario like that isn't a terrible reward. Not quite 'exclusive', but okay, and a good way to get it out to people like Matthew. I just personally have no interest in Bonekeep at all - "Let's see if you can survive this" isn't my style at all. Beyond that, it seems somewhat likely (by default) to be the reward next year as well.

5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Northeast aka Shivok

I think any exclusive would be a great idea. However, in light of the current changes, I look at it as who it serves best and did we maximize our benefits?

In this case the Ex scenarios were limited availability to about 200 Non-VO Gm's like you said. PFS OP is over 14K players and several thousand GM's.

The GM Rewards boon affects the 2000 or so GM's however sporadically they GM. If I looked at it from this then the GM reward provided a service maximized to affect a greater number of players and GM's in the long run than any exclusive would ever have. Considering that an exclusive was only exclusive for a year or so since it came out the following year as a regular season scenario.

I recall when the exclusives first came out people who did not have access where upset that they were prohibited from running it. Now in a way we have a reverse of that effect, people are upset because they dont have an exclusive to run.

So why couldnt we have both? some will say. Well, perhaps the stars werent aligned to allow this to happen. In the end I think the new GM rewards really provides incentives across the board for all Gm's regardless of stars than an Ex scenario that was only exclusive for a single year ever could. But this is only my opinion.

Dark Archive 4/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Do we know who Bonekeep is being opened up to? The blog post just said that it would appear in the downloads portion of some people's accounts. I assume this is GMs with a certain number of stars?

5/5

CigarPete wrote:
Do we know who Bonekeep is being opened up to? The blog post just said that it would appear in the downloads portion of some people's accounts. I assume this is GMs with a certain number of stars?

It's being opened up for 4 & 5 star GM's and VO's to run.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Global Organized Play Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.
June Soler wrote:


In this case the Ex scenarios were limited availability to about 200 Non-VO Gm's like you said. PFS OP is over 14K players and several thousand GM's.

Small correction. PFS OP is over 60k active players.

Dark Archive 4/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sniggevert wrote:
CigarPete wrote:
Do we know who Bonekeep is being opened up to? The blog post just said that it would appear in the downloads portion of some people's accounts. I assume this is GMs with a certain number of stars?

It's being opened up for 4 & 5 star GM's and VO's to run.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

3/5

I actually think that Bonekeep being the Exclusive is a great precedent for slowly opening content but still keeping it special.

I hope that more content follows this path from event exculsive->4star exclusive->whatever. It is the best way that I have seen proposed or implemented to make sure that both events have something special and high-star DMs have something special while still not straining the development resources that PFS has available.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Season 5 Four Star Special? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.