Congratulations: Seattle Seahawks


Off-Topic Discussions


Although I rooted for Denver, it is good to see a team win their first championship.


I hate it when games are so one-sided as that one. Especially the Super Bowl. Much prefer it to go down to the last 2 minutes can win it for either team.


I have to admit I really enjoyed watching a great D destroy Peyton Manning.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
T7V Avari wrote:
I have to admit I really enjoyed watching a great D destroy Peyton Manning.

LOL, thats what the Bears thought they were going to do a few years back.

I like Peyton Manning, he is a classy guy for the position he is in. Hell, there wouldnt be a Peyton Mannings Childrens Hospital in Indy if he wasnt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Xeen wrote:
T7V Avari wrote:
I have to admit I really enjoyed watching a great D destroy Peyton Manning.

LOL, thats what the Bears thought they were going to do a few years back.

I like Peyton Manning, he is a classy guy for the position he is in. Hell, there wouldnt be a Peyton Mannings Childrens Hospital in Indy if he wasnt.

I juts got a tweet, the Seahawks have sacked the hospital.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Ironically, Peyton set a Super Bowl record for completed passes. Each of his interceptions were caused by the Seahawks defense tipping the pass or hitting his arm. He was pretty much the only player on the entire Broncos team that didn't screw up.


We answered the question which of the #1 offense or #1 defense would win. The #1 defense won, on their own, by one point over Denver offense's score.


Proxima Sin wrote:
We answered the question which of the #1 offense or #1 defense would win. The #1 defense won, on their own, by one point over Denver offense's score.

Who is this "We" you speak of?


Proxima and the Pocket Mouse, of course.


LOL, I was curious if Proxima was a member of the Seahawks.


I live relatively near Seattle and have always been a Hawks fan. I would not have minded a little bit of a closer game either, but you can't expect a hungry beast to hold back.

It didn't look like the Broncos did anything terribly wrong, but the Hawks definitely capitalized on most everything they could.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos are great players, but it was just not their day.

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I live in Seattle and I gotta say, there were some very happy folks that night.


Been a fan since their first year (I was 9 or 10 I think). We lived in the Seaside/Astoria area of Oregon, so they were a home-town team. I didn't want to see the blowout, it was nice to see them win.


In a age of this is just a offense league...everything is about passing...etc. It was kinda good to see a strong defensive/rushing team completely destroy a team.

Also...Manning chokes...what else is new?


John Kretzer wrote:

In a age of this is just a offense league...everything is about passing...etc. It was kinda good to see a strong defensive/rushing team completely destroy a team.

Also...Manning chokes...what else is new?

Yet still set the record for the most completed passes in a Super Bowl... I wouldnt call that choking.


Xeen wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:

In a age of this is just a offense league...everything is about passing...etc. It was kinda good to see a strong defensive/rushing team completely destroy a team.

Also...Manning chokes...what else is new?

Yet still set the record for the most completed passes in a Super Bowl... I wouldnt call that choking.

I keep seeing people (my brother included) saying, "He completed 69% of his passes, and set a record for completions!"

But 5.7 yards per attempt? He was dumping the ball to receivers at or barely past the line of scrimmage. As I told my brother, I watched the first half, and we had:

- Receivers downfield blanketed by Seattle's coverage = Good defense
- Outlet receivers at the line of scrimmage tackled the moment they caught the ball = Good defense
- Middling receivers 5-10 yards downfield just plain missed or having the ball hit their hands to the point that the offense gave up on those plays = Bad Manning

So from my "neutral" observation point (I didn't care in the least who won), I thought Manning stunk. In spite of his completion percentage and record. First half: 17-of-23 (74%) for 104 yards. How do you complete 17 passes for only 104 yards? You dump it off a lot because you can't hit receivers downfield. Either the defense is insanely good, or you stink. On Sunday, it was both.

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Congratulations: Seattle Seahawks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.