Voters' Incessant Ramble


RPG Superstar™ General Discussion

3,751 to 3,800 of 6,034 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I could buy your item, or I could buy more wands of the spell you used than I could ever use. Hmm...

Dedicated Voter Season 7, Dedicated Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9

Jelloarm wrote:

Hey! I found my item! I didn't get DQed!*

*Not that I thought I would get DQed. But you know - paranoia.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Or so I repeat to myself, still having not seen my own item. :/

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7

Aaron Miller 335 wrote:
Treppa wrote:
This item's name makes it sound like it would chafe. A lot. Where you wouldn't want to chafe.
Thanks I'm sure it was mine, never looked at the name that way.

Hey, I like the item and have upvoted it several times. All in good fun, man.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka ChesterCopperpot

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmmm...a Sandman reference?

Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

Another "you can't really die" item...

**sigh**

Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

you know I am pretty sure that I have seen more items that either kill you or make it much more likley that you'll die if you use the item than I have seen that bring you back in the event of your death while using it... its pretty close, but I think the deadly items have them by about 20%

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

How many feet are in a metre?

Oh never mind...

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Champion Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka GM_Solspiral

looks like a reworked version of my item from last year if I took all the feedback... not sure how I feel about that but its a good item

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

cwslyclgh wrote:
you know I am pretty sure that I have seen more items that either kill you or make it much more likley that you'll die if you use the item than I have seen that bring you back in the event of your death while using it... its pretty close, but I think the deadly items have them by about 20%

As I said in another thread, there is definitely some schizoid stuff going on here...

I'd be interested in hearing comments on the immortality thread.

Not sure if I linked that properly. Apologies if it doesn't work.

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

No wands allowed as a wondrous item submission, huh?

I shall flaunt your directives and hope you won't notice that the word "wand" is used 8 times in the description.

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

I just voted for a decoration...! I think I did the right thing...

Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

You're an item that should exist in some form. You're also an item that probably shouldn't have been entered.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32, 2011 Top 4 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka DankeSean

3 people marked this as a favorite.

So just saw an item that rang a bell. Double checked my notes, wasn't among the items I'd already seen this year. Then, with an increasing sense of certainty, looked at my compilation of last year's entries. And it's the exact same item I saw a couple times and downvoted repeatedly last year! And lest we think this is merely another glitch in the system, one word of the item's name changed. (Which seems to represent the grand total of editing/alterations performed.)
:::slow clap::: Well done, item creator. Your creativity and sense of innovation SHINES like a beacon for us all.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Champion Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka GM_Solspiral

Sean McGowan wrote:

So just saw an item that rang a bell. Double checked my notes, wasn't among the items I'd already seen this year. Then, with an increasing sense of certainty, looked at my compilation of last year's entries. And it's the exact same item I saw a couple times and downvoted repeatedly last year! And lest we think this is merely another glitch in the system, one word of the item's name changed. (Which seems to represent the grand total of editing/alterations performed.)

:::slow clap::: Well done, item creator. Your creativity and sense of innovation SHINES like a beacon for us all.

Can you PM me the new name I think it might be the one that's riffed off of mine from last year. Just curious my new item isn't even similar.

Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

Please make an attempt to know the rules you are interacting with. Formatting Damage Reduction is not that hard.

Star Voter Season 7

Hi veil. Again. I'm voting you every time.

Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

interesting... I have veil I am voting against nearly every time... I wonder if we are just canceling each other out Bardess...

Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

I don't even know what that word means.
And neither does Google.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32, 2011 Top 4 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka DankeSean

GM_Solspiral wrote:
Sean McGowan wrote:

So just saw an item that rang a bell. Double checked my notes, wasn't among the items I'd already seen this year. Then, with an increasing sense of certainty, looked at my compilation of last year's entries. And it's the exact same item I saw a couple times and downvoted repeatedly last year! And lest we think this is merely another glitch in the system, one word of the item's name changed. (Which seems to represent the grand total of editing/alterations performed.)

:::slow clap::: Well done, item creator. Your creativity and sense of innovation SHINES like a beacon for us all.
Can you PM me the new name I think it might be the one that's riffed off of mine from last year. Just curious my new item isn't even similar.

Nope, this isn't your stone from last year. I'm pretty certain this isn't a riff of any kind, because honestly, I can't see anyone stealing an idea this subpar and not changing it up. This is almost certainly the same contestant re-entering the same item.

Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

damn.. not even I am that egotistical....

Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

Must stop voting at 9:30... have work to do.... (lets see if that happens).

Grand Lodge Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marathon voter while capturing each item ... that's alot of work you folks are doing ...

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32 , Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Dedicated Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Finally.... found my own item. And I'm still confident it's a creative, flavorful item.

Its opponent is one of those spell-storing items. Not a badly-written item, but it doesn't do anything its component spells or existing spell-storing items cannot do, and it has some formatting errors, so this is going to be easy. :)

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Champion Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka GM_Solspiral

cool name just not in the category you named it

Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hate you for making up bonus types.

Dedicated Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

So many walky-talkies...

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Dedicated Voter Season 9

hello shamwow you have been upvoted

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32, 2011 Top 16 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Dedicated Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9 aka Boxhead

3 people marked this as a favorite.

In my mind ZZSlot has become legs...

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Dedicated Voter Season 9

Treppa wrote:
Aaron Miller 335 wrote:
Treppa wrote:
This item's name makes it sound like it would chafe. A lot. Where you wouldn't want to chafe.
Thanks I'm sure it was mine, never looked at the name that way.
Hey, I like the item and have upvoted it several times. All in good fun, man.

No complaints, glad someone has seen it and liked it. I honestly never looked at the name that way.

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Dedicated Voter Season 9

So for 40,000gp I get a little bonus and the GM gets to punch me in the groin at some point when I lest expect it, sounds like a bargain.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Champion Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka GM_Solspiral

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dave Herman wrote:
So many walky-talkies...

You clearly didn't vote last year there were so many more walkie talkies...

Star Voter Season 6, Dedicated Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

Aaron Miller 335 wrote:
So for 40,000gp I get a little bonus and the GM gets to punch me in the groin at some point when I lest expect it, sounds like a bargain.

oh like the GM needs an excuse

Dedicated Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9

Kamai wrote:
Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?

I'm seeing a lot of this "cursed" item hate (cursed in this context apparently meaning an item that has drawbacks) and I never noticed it in the past. The statement above goes so far as to make it seem like the two things mentioned are equal infractions, which is weird to me because one of them (blind but not blind) is explicitly in Sean's list of don'ts and the other one (cursed) isn't in that list at all. What gives? Did I miss a memo? And if people are going to be auto rejecting over that, can it please be added to Sean's list?

Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8

Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?
I'm seeing a lot of this "cursed" item hate (cursed in this context apparently meaning an item that has drawbacks) and I never noticed it in the past. The statement above goes so far as to make it seem like the two things mentioned are equal infractions, which is weird to me because one of them (blind but not blind) is explicitly in Sean's list of don'ts and the other one (cursed) isn't in that list at all. What gives? Did I miss a memo?

Honestly, the second one seemed like it's drawback was very nearly as bad as it's benefit was good, for absolutely no reason.

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Dedicated Voter Season 9

I'm so glad it will not distract me! down vote

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

Kick the can... But don't touch it... You'll be sorry...

Shadow Lodge Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

I saw an item that is clearily based on a tv series, autorejected.
But then again I was amazed that I saw that kind of item for the first time since that TV series is basically "Wondrous Items: the series"

I wonder if there is any wondrous bus ticket that teleports you to gallup

Dedicated Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9

Kamai wrote:
Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?
I'm seeing a lot of this "cursed" item hate (cursed in this context apparently meaning an item that has drawbacks) and I never noticed it in the past. The statement above goes so far as to make it seem like the two things mentioned are equal infractions, which is weird to me because one of them (blind but not blind) is explicitly in Sean's list of don'ts and the other one (cursed) isn't in that list at all. What gives? Did I miss a memo?
Honestly, the second one seemed like it's drawback was very nearly as bad as it's benefit was good, for absolutely no reason.

I get that, and clearly that's bad. But making it into a semi-meme format like "blind but not blind vs cursed" makes it seem like that's one of the auto reject rules, and may well influence people in that direction. I just think either it should be legit to have drawbacks or it shouldn't be. And if it's legit then we should only be calling items out for having them for no thematic reason, or for the drawbacks being too drastic. Not for having drawbacks at all. But if we're just going to start throwing "cursed vs. X" around, then we've all but made it a rule that items can't come with drawbacks if they want to have any hope of winning.

To me that would be a shame, because I happen to like the idea of "pay a price" items, as long as they are thematically appropriate and balanced.

Liberty's Edge Marathon Voter Season 6, Dedicated Voter Season 7

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So, a few more items hit the keep pile for today, definitely moving slower this year, but more distractions at home too.

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Stole your nose! or nearly so...

Sczarni Star Voter Season 7

I keep seeing the same 3-5 items over and over and over and over . . . . Yeah. Last vote was two of the items that keep recurring. Now I am just not voting on items I have already seen.

Shadow Lodge Star Voter Season 6, Dedicated Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 9

Tired.


AGGGHhhhh!!
Still haven't come accros my item!

2 Days of constant voting!!!

NADA.

*Deep Breath*

I'm ok...just keep voting...keep voting...

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32 , Marathon Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Champion Voter Season 8, Marathon Voter Season 9 aka GM_Solspiral

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?
I'm seeing a lot of this "cursed" item hate (cursed in this context apparently meaning an item that has drawbacks) and I never noticed it in the past. The statement above goes so far as to make it seem like the two things mentioned are equal infractions, which is weird to me because one of them (blind but not blind) is explicitly in Sean's list of don'ts and the other one (cursed) isn't in that list at all. What gives? Did I miss a memo?
Honestly, the second one seemed like it's drawback was very nearly as bad as it's benefit was good, for absolutely no reason.

I get that, and clearly that's bad. But making it into a semi-meme format like "blind but not blind vs cursed" makes it seem like that's one of the auto reject rules, and may well influence people in that direction. I just think either it should be legit to have drawbacks or it shouldn't be. And if it's legit then we should only be calling items out for having them for no thematic reason, or for the drawbacks being too drastic. Not for having drawbacks at all. But if we're just going to start throwing "cursed vs. X" around, then we've all but made it a rule that items can't come with drawbacks if they want to have any hope of winning.

To me that would be a shame, because I happen to like the idea of "pay a price" items, as long as they are thematically appropriate and balanced.

Careful not to defend your own item if that's what you're doing. If it's the one I'm thinking of I actually think it deserves to be in the keep folder. It has some conventions that will play poorly with voters but it is a solid item with real creativity.


Playin' with fire!
And I like it!

Dedicated Voter Season 6, Marathon Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Dedicated Voter Season 9

GM_Solspiral wrote:
Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Erick Wilson wrote:
Kamai wrote:
Blind but not blind, or borderline cursed item?
I'm seeing a lot of this "cursed" item hate (cursed in this context apparently meaning an item that has drawbacks) and I never noticed it in the past. The statement above goes so far as to make it seem like the two things mentioned are equal infractions, which is weird to me because one of them (blind but not blind) is explicitly in Sean's list of don'ts and the other one (cursed) isn't in that list at all. What gives? Did I miss a memo?
Honestly, the second one seemed like it's drawback was very nearly as bad as it's benefit was good, for absolutely no reason.

I get that, and clearly that's bad. But making it into a semi-meme format like "blind but not blind vs cursed" makes it seem like that's one of the auto reject rules, and may well influence people in that direction. I just think either it should be legit to have drawbacks or it shouldn't be. And if it's legit then we should only be calling items out for having them for no thematic reason, or for the drawbacks being too drastic. Not for having drawbacks at all. But if we're just going to start throwing "cursed vs. X" around, then we've all but made it a rule that items can't come with drawbacks if they want to have any hope of winning.

To me that would be a shame, because I happen to like the idea of "pay a price" items, as long as they are thematically appropriate and balanced.

Careful not to defend your own item if that's what you're doing. If it's the one I'm thinking of I actually think it deserves to be in the keep folder. It has some conventions that will play poorly with voters but it is a solid item with real creativity.

Don't forget rule #27

Silver Crusade Dedicated Voter Season 7

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A full 27% of the word count for this item is used in the Price & Cost headings. That counts as over 60 words folks!!

This deserves some sort of prize (non-monetary, of course)!


Sean McGowan wrote:
GM_Solspiral wrote:
Sean McGowan wrote:

So just saw an item that rang a bell. Double checked my notes, wasn't among the items I'd already seen this year. Then, with an increasing sense of certainty, looked at my compilation of last year's entries. And it's the exact same item I saw a couple times and downvoted repeatedly last year! And lest we think this is merely another glitch in the system, one word of the item's name changed. (Which seems to represent the grand total of editing/alterations performed.)

:::slow clap::: Well done, item creator. Your creativity and sense of innovation SHINES like a beacon for us all.
Can you PM me the new name I think it might be the one that's riffed off of mine from last year. Just curious my new item isn't even similar.
Nope, this isn't your stone from last year. I'm pretty certain this isn't a riff of any kind, because honestly, I can't see anyone stealing an idea this subpar and not changing it up. This is almost certainly the same contestant re-entering the same item.

I was pretty certain myself that I saw an item from last year early on in the voting. Didn't bother to go back and check.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
He'sDeadJim wrote:

AGGGHhhhh!!

Still haven't come accros my item!

2 Days of constant voting!!!

NADA.

*Deep Breath*

I'm ok...just keep voting...keep voting...

P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way ...

3,751 to 3,800 of 6,034 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / RPG Superstar™ / General Discussion / Voters' Incessant Ramble All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.