How do I block a user?


Website Feedback


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Say I'm browsing a thread and a user is being constantly ridiculous. How do I block said user so I don't have to see their posts?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Paizo doesn't have an official way of blocking a poster, but there are third party applications.

For instance Ignore

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Just don't read their posts; skip down to the next one.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

You don't! Because Paizo consistently refuses to give us an ignore feature, no matter how many times we ask for it.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

You might find these posts helpful.

Gary Teter on adding an ignore function on 2011.

And Vic Wertz in 2008.

-Skeld

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mythic Indigo wrote:

Paizo doesn't have an official way of blocking a poster, but there are third party applications.

For instance Ignore

I highly recommend this script, or something similar. I would have been gone a long time ago if I did not have this option.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It's always tempting to block someone who's being annoying. If you can. And I know people come here to relax / enjoy their hobby. Still, I'd suggest cultivating your ability to ignore jerks. It will stand you in good stead here and elsewhere.


DeathQuaker wrote:
Mythic Indigo wrote:

Paizo doesn't have an official way of blocking a poster, but there are third party applications.

For instance Ignore

I highly recommend this script, or something similar. I would have been gone a long time ago if I did not have this option.

This. This so much.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Don't block me bro!


Yeah, don't block TOZ!

Why would anyone block TOZ anyway?

Shadow Lodge

Drejk wrote:
Why would anyone block TOZ anyway?

Because of reasons.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

4 people marked this as a favorite.

It's actually impossible to block TOZ. No mere script can lock away his magnificence.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Why would anyone block TOZ anyway?
Because of reasons.

Reason(s)?! On Internet?

DeathQuaker wrote:
It's actually impossible to block TOZ. No mere script can lock away his magnificence.

That's why we have occasional website failures. His magnificence overwhelms internet.

That or Oladon's bots.

Or Cosmo.

Well, in the end it's Cosmo's fault anyway.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Drejk wrote:
That's why we have occasional website failures. His magnificence overwhelms internet.

So THAT'S why healthcare.gov took so long to get working... damn you TOZ!

Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / How do I block a user? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.