The Talking Head Tavern (open RP)


Pathfinder Online

301 to 350 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

The cloaked figure snaps his foot back, avoiding Steelwing's grab and giving the impression he is no stranger to grappling tactics. Stepping back out of range, he replies, I will not pander with Iron Legion killers..." His free hand moves beneath the many folds of his cloak, then swings out in a wide arc in Steelwing's direction. "Death is what I bring for butchers!"

In his hand, he clutches a small pouch, and from it's opened mouth, a yellow dust is flung out at his opponent.


Seeing the yellow dust cloud billowing towards him Steelwing clamps his mouth shut holding his breath and squints his eyes as far as possible while still being able to see and hurriedly backpedals out of the cloud. Once free of the cloud he grabs a drink from a table as he continues to edge backwards and dashes the contents of the tankard into his face washing the substance of his face and away from his eyes. " Nice trick friend but you are mistaken in your identification I fear put up your sword and go seek elsewhere and we can forget this happened. Continue in your delusions and I will gut you like a fish". Steelwing takes a defensive posture as he waits to see if the man will heed his words.

Goblin Squad Member

In the time it takes Steelwing to grab a drink and put it to use, the cloaked figure charges through the settling cloud of dust. His scream drowns out Steelwing's speech. His broadsword, clutched in both hands, is poised over his head.

Goblin Squad Member

Before the cloaked figure can bring his broadsword down upon his target, a chair, slung across the room, smashes into his head and carries him off his feet.


Looking around to see who threw the chair Steelwing barks "Keep out of this" and kicks the mans broadsword back over to him. "Get up and come spill your life on my blade"

Goblin Squad Member

Steelwing sees that the chair tosser is in fact Jorm the bouncer, having returned to the main serving room. He has another chair in one hand and a leather wrapped club in the other. Given his apparent aim from all the way across the room, observers get the impression he doesn't miss often.

Long, bowed legs have carried him halfway across the bar already and he doesn't look as disinterested as usual. His heavy brow is furrowed with displeasure.

((just a reminder, Jorm is nearly nine feet tall and as broad as a barn, but moves in a surprisingly quick and fluid manner when necessary...like now))


"Seems the bouncer wishes us to take it outside" Steelwing stalks angrily towards the door "Come lets resolve this once and for all only one of us is walking back in here "

Goblin Squad Member

Eyeing both Jorm and Steelwing, the cloaked figure slowly retrieves his sword. He begins to turn for the door, then attempts to take advantage of the opportunity and swings his sword back towards Steelwing. Unfortunately, his arm hits an immovable object - Jorm's grip. With one massive hand, he engulfs the man's sword hand. With the other, he palm's the unfortunate fellow's head, lifts him off the ground, and carries him to the door. Like so much trash, the cloaked figure is ejected from the tavern.

Tiny eyes squint out from beneath furrowed brows as Jorm steps back to allow Steelwing passage outside.


Grickin looks disappointed.


Steelwing cautiously steps through the door, wary of being ambushed from either side then moves out into the street. As he steps out the tavern door slowly swings shut behind him.

((Assuming no one inside can see from now on :) ))

Goblin Squad Member

With the trouble makers safely removed, Jorm inspects the thrown chair. Finding that the leg is broken, he sighs and set it behind the bar, then returns to his stump.

Goblin Squad Member

The old serving man who had warned Steelwing watches through one of the windows with his face reflecting the action on the street. His final expression is a satisfied nod.


The door of the tavern swings open and a grim faced Steelwing walks in, his sword now sheathed and a bundle jury rigged from the strangers shirt dangling from his left hand. He walks back to the bar and placing the bundle on the floor sits down with a sigh and signals the barmaid to top up his drink before turning back to Jordan,Grishkin and Zael "Now where were we before we were interrupted?"

Goblin Squad Member

Looks up from polishing some jet-black pebbles

Australia.

Goblin Squad Member

The green-cloaked witch grimaces at the disturbance and begins a strangely soothing chant in an unfamiliar tongue. Many patrons who were agitated or frightened by the outburst of violence appear to relax back into their seats.

After a while, the chant becomes more high pitched and changes its rhythm. The small animals return to the woman's cloak and she stands up.

With a final look about the room, whether disgusted or disappointed it is hard to say, she steps lightly to the door and leaves.

Goblin Squad Member

A small jet-black sparrow with a white streak on its neck darts over Zael's shoulder and chases after the departing figure

Goblin Squad Member

Stopping several yards from the inn's outer boundary, the witch beckons the sparrow over and raises a finger for it perch on. Its initial wild caution is reduced by the witch's cooing and crooning, to the point where it settles on her finger in exchange for a proffered crumb.

A weary passing traveller turns with a puzzled look at the sight of a dishevelled woman chirping to the small bird, sounding exactly like a sparrow herself. Recognising the power of natural witchcraft, the traveller thinks it best to bow his head and pass on without comment.

"So, little one. Who is your master? You come from inside the inn so you are not local to these parts. Maybe you carry a message, yes? Maybe you come to follow me home? Maybe you were trapped and now escape from the noise and dark? No, I think you carry a message for you feel not completely at one with nature. You are the servant of another. Relax and tell me, what is it you wish to reveal?"

Goblin Squad Member

The cloaked figure who's been sitting in the corner, slowly enjoying his food and drink, looks around, distaste on his face, and mutters a few choice words under his breath.

Goblin Squad Member

He then gets up and walks over to some of the remaining dust on the ground, and using a small brush like object, and a small piece of paper, picks up enough dust to put on the tip of a finger and folds the paper up, going back to his table, pushing the remaining food on his plate away.


Malificia wrote:

Stopping several yards from the inn's outer boundary, the witch beckons the sparrow over and raises a finger for it perch on. Its initial wild caution is reduced by the witch's cooing and crooning, to the point where it settles on her finger in exchange for a proffered crumb.

A weary passing traveller turns with a puzzled look at the sight of a dishevelled woman chirping to the small bird, sounding exactly like a sparrow herself. Recognising the power of natural witchcraft, the traveller thinks it best to bow his head and pass on without comment.

"So, little one. Who is your master? You come from inside the inn so you are not local to these parts. Maybe you carry a message, yes? Maybe you come to follow me home? Maybe you were trapped and now escape from the noise and dark? No, I think you carry a message for you feel not completely at one with nature. You are the servant of another. Relax and tell me, what is it you wish to reveal?"

Zael is clearly underpaying his familiar. ;D

Grickin orders the chicken--extra rare. He doesn't seem to fully understand what that means.

Goblin Squad Member

:I it is not a familiar. but that would be giving away the secret. actually not really. It is the pebbles. Silly. They turn into sparrows whenever I give them a letter or something. But any more WOULD be giving it away.

Goblin Squad Member

Watching Tigari gather a sample of the powder, the old serving man disappears into the kitchen. A few minutes later, he returns with a wooden bucket and rag and begins to wash the remaining yellow stains from the tavern floor.

Goblin Squad Member

Lol, I leave for a few days and a whole mess of action is kicked up. :P Well, at least now I get to do the fun part...

Jordon says to Steelwing, "This right here," pointing at the map, "is where a certain fledgling settlement is being constructed. Haven't seen it myself, but it's nothing more than a few buildings and some sharp sticks at the moment. The group running that one's called... Oh what was it, something about the Eighth Veil. I met one of them before; the way he described his group it seemed like a bunch of bookish recluses, so I'm not sure what their goal is in claiming land. Maybe they're wizards setting up in an area with a particular reagent or somesuch."

Jordon shifts to lean far over the map and point to another location. "There's another right there, a group known as Pax. That's Azlanti for peace, dontcha know, though from what I've heard of them they're as much a force to be reckoned with as any other group out here. They've apparently got a rather ruthless military outfit which employs necromancers to raise their fallen enemies as servants. Grim stuff, eh?"

Now motioning closer to the Crusader Road, Jordon continues, "And there's some hoity toity local religious group setting up too. About right... there. They're known as the Empyrean Order, and they sound like a bunch of Iomedaeans. That is, they're always concerned with making sure every knows they're doing the right thing, even when they're murdering and conquering with the best of 'em."

Jordon takes a pause now, allowing Steelwing to make notes and ask questions.

Goblin Squad Member

Xeen pulls out a dagger and buries it into Mrs. Steelwings belly.

How dare you stare at me blankly for days on end with no answer.

Here Mez, have all the pigeons you wish.

btw, just an incentive for her to return, I hope all is well family wise

Goblin Squad Member

A darkly clothed, hooded figure walks into the tavern and cautiously makes his way to the bar while attempting to keep his face hidden.

A careful observer might notice a dark skin tone and elvish structure to the face.

Goblin Squad Member

*Bat-Mez drums his tiny wing-claws on Xeen's head, waiting for an answer*


Xeen wrote:

Xeen pulls out a dagger and buries it into Mrs. Steelwings belly.

How dare you stare at me blankly for days on end with no answer.

Here Mez, have all the pigeons you wish.

btw, just an incentive for her to return, I hope all is well family wise

Grickin grins. "That seems a bit extreme."

Liberty's Edge

*looks very confused at the bright lights, orders a glass of water, sits down at the back and growls at any who stare*

Liberty's Edge

*pushes some people about and sits by tigari, offers him a hunk of some bloody and undercooked half chewed meat* Grol. Grol give gifts. Grol forge things! Grol hit tieflings. Grol eat goblins! Grol have axes.

Goblin Squad Member

*Keeping both hands tucked inside his cloak, Tigari, in a very "aww'd" voice, asks:

"Hail, Mighty Grol. What a fine gift of meat you provide. But what, may I ask, can this lonely Half Elf hope to gift in return?"

Goblin Squad Member

I'll have a spiced wine, red and warmed, the darkest you have.
He places a few coins on the bar and looks about the room, searching for the darkest unoccupied table

Goblin Squad Member

Gamers do love their dark corners in a bar

Goblin Squad Member

Jordon, seeing that his conversation partner has apparently been subject to a hold person spell, shrugs and begins playing some peaceful background music.

Liberty's Edge

Grol only need company. *pulls out a dagger, blade bent in two soaked in blood* Grol stab someone in eye with this!

Goblin Squad Member

"Well, my my, looks like you need a new dagger my friend. I know not the location of a nearby Blacksmith, but if you so desire, I can go and get us some ale, or anything else if you prefer. I would like to hear the story of how your dagger ended up in its current state.." *a short pause*
".... In the eye you said?"

*while speaking, tigari eye's the lump of meat in front of him, looking for some sign to tell him what it may have been before Grol got a hold of it*

Liberty's Edge

*apperantly the meat is humanoid, the remaining bones show it to be an orcish arm* Grol is blacksmith! Story is grol see orc, grol stab and stab and stab and stab and stab and stab and stab him untill he stop screaming. Then grol chop him up and om nom nom on him for dinner. *walks up to the counter and picks up a goblin cutpurse, chomping its head off and walking back to the counter holding two mugs of ale and a decapitated goblin, continues chewing as if nothing is wrong.* Grol hungry.

Goblin Squad Member

I got the perfect image of an orc munching a goblin with some nice mellow tunes in the background. Like a scenic walk through the park.

Goblin Squad Member

Was this Goblin cutpurse a patron of the tavern, or a corpe Grol had tucked away?

Goblin Squad Member

I'm wondering at the big 'Heinous' flag that has just floated out of Grol's body and is now hovering above him.

Liberty's Edge

a patron, grol doesn't understand that eating humanoids is frowned apon... he also doesn't get social stuff, like not belching in a persons face
Grol one time find entire goblin camp, seal all doors with rocks,burn entire community to death. Very funny

Goblin Squad Member

Now I'm wondering why a goblin cutpurse was even in the tavern...

*In stunned amazement, Tigari stares at Grol, watching him snack*

Liberty's Edge

*drops the inedible parts on the table, leaving some gore stained clothes and bones lying there.* No more snack. Grol tried to eat a horsey outside, person yelled at grol, grol punch him in the face.
*belches loudly right in tigiras face.*
Ale? *sniffs the mug, not exactly knowing what it is.* smell funny, poisioned water? *dumps the ale all over the table*

Goblin Squad Member

*Feeling that being near Grol for much longer may be dangerous, due to his uncivilized manner and that of him being an orc and some roaming adventuring type might be feeling antsy, Tigari quickly says:

Ah, alas my friend, I have to depart, for I have spent too much time here, and I must make progress on catching up to my targ..... work"

*Tigari does a short bow, and starts for the door, then stops as quickly as he started, turning back to Grol*

" Ah, I almost forgot, A gift for a gift."

*while turning back for the door, Tigari sets a small folded up piece of paper down in front of Grol, slightly open were a small amount of yellow dust can be seen, and continues to walk out the door.

Liberty's Edge

(grol is a half orc)
*picks it up, sniffs at it. sneezes and then walks over to a crowded table with saduran and zael, picking up a hapless person who was sitting there and throwing him across the tavern, plunking down at the table, causing it to shake* Grol toss puny man!!! Grol got thingy! *places the paper on the table*

Goblin Squad Member

[b]And just what... pray tell is it you... plan to do with your... thingy? I'd imagine nothing... so decent as to be... performed in the open?[b]

There was never a more monotonous sounding voice than Zael's as he turned to stare at the packet on the table. In fact, it sounding perfect to put people to sleep.

*and just to be safe, I'm going to go out on a limb here and activate the spell "sanctuary" on myself with a fancy sleight of hand check. :I one can never be too certain*

Liberty's Edge

Unsure! Grol confused what it is! You poke it! *pushes it near zael, unconcerned. Then out of nowere a baby bunny hops onto the table, sneezes,paws at grol and goes to sleep* Hello lilly!

Goblin Squad Member

Bat-Mez thinks to Xeen, Another comatoser...back to the bar.

Goblin Squad Member

As he plays his accordion Jordon ponders the mysterious dilemma of conversational partners in this bar suddenly and unexpectedly going comatose. Perhaps there is a mystery to solve...

Jordon eyes the bartender warily. Perhaps this man is Jordon's first lead in solving the case?

Goblin Squad Member

*Zael surveys the suddenly quiet room full of people sitting in corner booths with shady cloaks staring at everyone else*

It would appear some... guests have arrived...... Grol, friend, if you would be so... kind as to go politely... ask each persons' name?"

301 to 350 of 391 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / The Talking Head Tavern (open RP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.