Confessions That Will Get You Shunned By The Members Of The Paizo Community


Gamer Life General Discussion

3,901 to 3,950 of 4,499 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>

Simon Legrande wrote:

My wife and son love to watch the dopey ghost shows on SyFy and Travel channel. I'm always disappointed at the end of every episode for two reasons:

1. The overacting is unbearable.
2. It would be unbelievably cool if they ever managed to produce undeniable evidence that ghosts are real.

Yes, it is interesting- dozens of shows, hundreds of thousands of feet of footage- and yet- nothing but a few blurs, some odd lights and a few weird noises.

Fact or Faked was the best.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Much of my support for gay rights comes from the schadenfreude of seeing conservatives heads explode.


BigNorseWolf wrote:
Much of my support for gay rights comes from the schadenfreude of seeing conservatives heads explode.

Yes often people are their own worst enemy.


thegreenteagamer wrote:
1. Someone brought up a remotely close to right wing point. If I know my Paizo forums, that means this thread is destined for lock down in a page or so. No right wing opinions allowed here, unless they're purely economic in nature. (I'm a straight centrist independent, with rather across the board opinions that jump sides depending on specifics, but it doesn't mean I'm not blind to blatant favoritism.)

Wait. A right wing point. And I missed it. Attack!!!

Or did you mean the evolution thing? A couple people, including me, commented, there was a lot of jokes about eating dinosaurs and it seems to have blown over.

I suppose we could argue about Paizo's supposed favoritism, if you'd like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Not without Tacticslion, the undisputed king of Paizo favorites:-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As a vegetarian for most of my life, I never eat dinosaurs.


captain yesterday wrote:
Not without Tacticslion, the undisputed king of Paizo favorites:-)

You LIE! A moose is as good as a lion any day!

Liberty's Edge

Moose bites can be pretty nasty...


Moose tracks are tasty though :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
Moose bites can be pretty nasty...

A moose once bit my sister.

Liberty's Edge

Uh huh...


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
Uh huh...

No really! She was carving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge, her brother in law, an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Know what a tabletop forum doesn't need?

People arguing about Creationism v. Evolution.

In fact, that's something the species itself doesn't need.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Soilent wrote:

Know what a tabletop forum doesn't need?

People arguing about Creationism v. Evolution.

In fact, that's something the species itself doesn't need.

We'll evolve out of it eventually.

Either that, or the Creator will replace us with a less argumentative model.


Jaelithe wrote:
Soilent wrote:

Know what a tabletop forum doesn't need?

People arguing about Creationism v. Evolution.

In fact, that's something the species itself doesn't need.

We'll evolve out of it eventually.

Either that, or the Creator will replace us with a less argumentative model.

Behold! The great OP, Fnipernackle, Intelligently Designed this discussion, long ago in 2013!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't be ridiculous. The field mice LOVE the arguing.


Wait, I thought TL was a President, not a king. Does that change me from a VP to some kind of Vizier?

You know what Pratchett says, now I need to start planning my inevitable takeover scheme, only to have some young upstart take me out.


thegreenteagamer wrote:
3. I wash my veggies. Do you wash your steak?

Yes!

I prefer to avoid commercial meat entirely but you're damn right I wash my steak before I cook it. Have you seen the processing plants for that stuff? It's disgusting.

Also- I highly advise against ground meat unless it was ground up at home or by a trusted friend either from home-raised Livestock or Game otherwise... ewwwww


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I always wash my meat, also the proteins I cook ;-D


kyrt-ryder wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
3. I wash my veggies. Do you wash your steak?

Yes!

I prefer to avoid commercial meat entirely but you're damn right I wash my steak before I cook it. Have you seen the processing plants for that stuff? It's disgusting.

Also- I highly advise against ground meat unless it was ground up at home or by a trusted friend either from home-raised Livestock or Game otherwise... ewwwww

I rinse off beef, pork, and chicken cuts before cooking. However, I have no problems with buying and using ground meats. I think killing customers is a bad business plan so I kinda trust that food companies will be doing their best to not kill me. And so far, I'm still alive.

Sovereign Court

In honor of this thread for dinner this evening I made a spinach, mushroom, walnut, feta cheese, and pomegranate vinaigrette salad. I also made a delicious new york strip steak to accompany.


I have never even heard of washing meats.

My coworker owns a restaurant. I'm going to ask him about that tomorrow.


Strategytiger wrote:

Wait, I thought TL was a President, not a king. Does that change me from a VP to some kind of Vizier?

You know what Pratchett says, now I need to start planning my inevitable takeover scheme, only to have some young upstart take me out.

/lights cigar


Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.

Sovereign Court

Doesnt cooking the meat kill most of the stuff that could make ya sick anyways?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So all the wonders of Google, here's what the USDA says about washing meats:

USDA wrote:

Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Here's the link


Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.

Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]


kyrt-ryder wrote:
Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.
Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]

You do realize that if you own a toilet, everything in your house is covered in microscopic fecal particles, right? They get scattered around every time you flush.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Plus it builds character and your immune system.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rynjin wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.
Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]

You do realize that if you own a toilet, everything in your house is covered in microscopic fecal particles, right? They get scattered around every time you flush.

Oh hilarious story I got about this. I had a roommate many years ago (still a really good friend of mine) and we would occasionally get on each others nerves. A lot of it was simple disagreements about things. Anyways I got annoyed because everything in the bathroom was crammed into the cabinet or drawers and I had to go fishing for my things everyday. I finally asked my roommate why he did this. He mentioned the flushing microscopic germs and I eyerolled.

Anyways, one night we got in a big drunken fight about what I cant recall. I do remember shouting, "Oh yeah?? Well I take your toothbrush out every time I flush and put it back when I'm done." He left my stuff alone after that.


kyrt-ryder wrote:
Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.
Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]

Your butcher has already done this. Slaughterhouses which is where the feces is exposed to the meat only processes into master cuts. Your butcher will wash the master cut before processing into steaks, roasts, chops, or ground.


BigDTBone wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.
Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]
Your butcher has already done this. Slaughterhouses which is where the feces is exposed to the meat only processes into master cuts. Your butcher will wash the master cut before processing into steaks, roasts, chops, or ground.

Did not know this, I'm curious where you learned it. Participate in [or have a friend in] the industry?

Doesn't change my preference for either home-grown or hunted and home-processed meat, but it is one less processing step I'd need to take when I bite the bullet and buy meat.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
1. Someone brought up a remotely close to right wing point. If I know my Paizo forums, that means this thread is destined for lock down in a page or so. No right wing opinions allowed here, unless they're purely economic in nature. (I'm a straight centrist independent, with rather across the board opinions that jump sides depending on specifics, but it doesn't mean I'm not blind to blatant favoritism.)

Wait. A right wing point. And I missed it. Attack!!!

Or did you mean the evolution thing? A couple people, including me, commented, there was a lot of jokes about eating dinosaurs and it seems to have blown over.

I suppose we could argue about Paizo's supposed favoritism, if you'd like.

I figure it was more of a general thing. When someone expresses any opinion that's even vaguely right of center, a dozen posters will jump all over them. If they bother to respond to support their opinions, one of the Paizo mods generically comes to lock that thread down.


Rynjin wrote:
kyrt-ryder wrote:
Rynjin wrote:
Washing meat tends to reduce its flavor quite a bit. All the juices end up running out of it.
Depends on how thoroughly one does so. I do a quick rinse to get some of the fecal particles off [even though the toxins should be destroyed by the cooking process, it totally grosses me out.]

You do realize that if you own a toilet, everything in your house is covered in microscopic fecal particles, right? They get scattered around every time you flush.

Actually the nastiest part of your home is your kitchen sponge. It really should be changed or microwaved daily.

Liberty's Edge

Keyboard.

You disgusting slobs.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Simon Legrande wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
*weeps for the derailed thread*
Buck up little camper. We'll beat this thread... together.

Can we just Diplomacy our way past it instead?


thegreenteagamer wrote:

1. Someone brought up a remotely close to right wing point. If I know my Paizo forums, that means this thread is destined for lock down in a page or so. No right wing opinions allowed here, unless they're purely economic in nature. (I'm a straight centrist independent, with rather across the board opinions that jump sides depending on specifics, but it doesn't mean I'm not blind to blatant favoritism.)

2. Why do bacon lovers insist that other people join them in eating their greasy death slabs? The less I eat, the more bacon for you. The more you clog your arteries and fatten your gut, the healthier I appear by comparison. The situation is win-win.

3. I wash my veggies. Do you wash your steak? Pretty sure I eat less poop.

1: There may be a reason for that. Just sayin'.

2: I don't insist that you join me in eating greasy death slabs. I don't even insist on you eating bacon. I'm trying to save you from a horrible, bacon-less life, that's all. I mean, obviously you're entirely entitled to disassociate yourself from the joys of bacon, but ... but it's BACON?!? I don't get it. How can anyone not love bacon? I even love bacon while it's still alive, although I won't eat it until it's not ...

3: Yes, I wash my steaks. And my dino. And my mutton. And my bacon ... mmmmh ... baaaaacon ...


Kthulhu wrote:
thejeff wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
1. Someone brought up a remotely close to right wing point. If I know my Paizo forums, that means this thread is destined for lock down in a page or so. No right wing opinions allowed here, unless they're purely economic in nature. (I'm a straight centrist independent, with rather across the board opinions that jump sides depending on specifics, but it doesn't mean I'm not blind to blatant favoritism.)

Wait. A right wing point. And I missed it. Attack!!!

Or did you mean the evolution thing? A couple people, including me, commented, there was a lot of jokes about eating dinosaurs and it seems to have blown over.

I suppose we could argue about Paizo's supposed favoritism, if you'd like.

I figure it was more of a general thing. When someone expresses any opinion that's even vaguely right of center, a dozen posters will jump all over them. If they bother to respond to support their opinions, one of the Paizo mods generically comes to lock that thread down.

The reason I give my right wing fundamentalist Christian views here is not to try to persuade anyone who won't agree with me anyway; it's to let those who do agree with me know that they're not alone.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

I find it hilarious that you feel the need to do that. As if right wing fundamentalist Christians are some kind of oppressed minority who need to show solidarity.

You have your own news station. The most widely viewed one in the US.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rynjin wrote:

I find it hilarious that you feel the need to do that. As if right wing fundamentalist Christians are some kind of oppressed minority who need to show solidarity.

You have your own news station. The most widely viewed one in the US.

It's a common thing, with interesting and deep theological and sociological roots.

As for Paizo, as far as I can tell, they tend to be pretty strict on matters relating to LGBTQ issues, for obvious reasons and not show a lot of favoritism otherwise. Certain flamebait issues get shut down pre-emptively, regardless of right or left.

As for posters here, I find that the libertarian right is well-represented here and tends to give as well as they take. Social conservatives are less common.

Of course, the perception may depend on where you define the center to be.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rynjin wrote:

I find it hilarious that you feel the need to do that. As if right wing fundamentalist Christians are some kind of oppressed minority who need to show solidarity.

You have your own news station. The most widely viewed one in the US.

And this is a perfect demonstration of how the Paizo forums are different. You have to be crazy to think that the majority of posters around here aren't openly hostile to Christianity. It always makes me cringe when such unadulterated hate gets spewed against people I don't even agree with. It's like people can't just be civil about the topic.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
Simon Legrande wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
*weeps for the derailed thread*
Buck up little camper. We'll beat this thread... together.
Can we just Diplomacy our way past it instead?

Diplomacy is dead. Diplomacy remains dead. And we have killed it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Simon Legrande wrote:
Rynjin wrote:

I find it hilarious that you feel the need to do that. As if right wing fundamentalist Christians are some kind of oppressed minority who need to show solidarity.

You have your own news station. The most widely viewed one in the US.

And this is a perfect demonstration of how the Paizo forums are different. You have to be crazy to think that the majority of posters around here aren't openly hostile to Christianity. It always makes me cringe when such unadulterated hate gets spewed against people I don't even agree with. It's like people can't just be civil about the topic.

"openly hostile to Christianity"? Really.

I think creationism is nonsense and rejecting evolution is at best willful ignorance.
I think that being anti-LGBTQ is bigoted and harmful.
Is that openly hostile to Christianity? Because it's gotten me accused of it.

I also know that there are plenty of Christians who agree with me on both of those.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just wish people would leave the politics in the appropriate forums and not contaminate the gamer forums with it.


RDM42 wrote:
I just wish people would leave the politics in the appropriate forums and not contaminate the gamer forums with it.

If talking politics gets you shunned by the community it's on topic here. :)


thejeff wrote:
RDM42 wrote:
I just wish people would leave the politics in the appropriate forums and not contaminate the gamer forums with it.
If talking politics gets you shunned by the community it's on topic here. :)

It makes the community of Me want to shun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Maybe we should switch to talking about garbage, it's the same thing as politics, except not as dirty and disgusting :-D


captain yesterday wrote:
Maybe we should switch to talking about garbage, it's the same thing as politics, except not as dirty and disgusting :-D

And at one point it was something useful?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Not all garbage was useful at any point, take the Iwatch for example, no one ever needs one, yet they sell:-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

I WILL NOT BE DRAWN INTO YOUR POINTLESS ARGUMENT ABOUT EVOLUTION VS. CREATION!
again...

3,901 to 3,950 of 4,499 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / Confessions That Will Get You Shunned By The Members Of The Paizo Community All Messageboards