Confessions That Will Get You Shunned By The Members Of The Paizo Community


Gamer Life General Discussion

2,351 to 2,400 of 4,499 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

I will! I will!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DrDeth wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I like red vinegar on my french fries.

Try malt vinegar.

kyrt-ryder try Balsamic on a sub someday. Yum!

I have a family member who loves Balsamic vinegar, it's pretty damned good in Coleslaw, but its not at the top of my list.

Live Apple Cider Vinegar tops my list, followed by Red Wine Vinegar.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Meh, Firefly was okay, but if it were even half as good as people say another network would have bought the rights from Fox and continued it many, many years ago.

It's just geek chic to like Firefly.

Also, someone mentioned Adventure Time a while back. Most asanine piece of animated garbage I've had the misfortune of being exposed to in years, and I've watched many cartoons from childhood to adulthood. I felt dumber after an episode, and somehow sat through about four, and now no longer trust anything the friend who talked me into that says.

I suspect he may be an alien, and that show is a subtle means of siphoning our brain power as a species.


I like ketchup on hot meat, and mayo on cold cuts. Real mayo, not that fake stuff.

I don't hot foods (spicy hot), not even mild.

I use critical failures. Normally just mild consequences on par with critical hits. One time however I implemented it as three 20s in a row would be instant kill and four 1s in row would be a lethal fumble. First session, a new guy with bad luck on his dice, rolled six 1s in a row. It would have been epic for the vets there, but the new guy (who I had not expected when I set everything up) was totally disheartened. Of course, he never rolled above a five in six or seven hours of play, except for three knowledge checks.

I firmly believe that dice will have their own roll patterns which can be affected by the luck of whoever rolls them as well as what they are rolling for. (I have one d4 that rolls a 4 except for the rare 3 when rolled for magic missile. Any other use results in a 1 or a 2)


thegreenteagamer wrote:

Meh, Firefly was okay, but if it were even half as good as people say another network would have bought the rights from Fox and continued it many, many years ago.

It's just geek chic to like Firefly.

I liked it. :(

But I agree with your assessment.


I'm a brony, and my OC is an alicorn (though not a mary sue I promise. She was in my dream and is why I watched the show in the first place.)


I liked Firefly, but I think Serenity was better.

Didn't the actors buy the rights so they could make Serenity? I heard that somewhere, but I can't confirm it.

Shadow Lodge

kyrt-ryder wrote:
Jaelithe wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I too find mayo pointless. It's like sandwich glue, and adds nothing else.
And that hint of vinegar is repulsive.
Vinegar is the only condiment I have added to my sandwhiches at Subway, and in sufficient quantities to slightly dampen the bread at that.

I always used to get oil and vinegar on my sandwiches there, but since they introduced the Subway Vinegarette I've been getting that instead.

Shadow Lodge

Nathan Fillion has made it clear for YEARS that he would love to buy the rights, but FOX ain't selling.

The rights to Serenity are actually separate, and owned by Universal (IIRC). That's the reason that Margaret Weis Productions had to stop selling the Serenity RPG (unable to come to a deal with Universal to renew the license), but they were able to create the Firefly RPG (FOX was on-board with it, apparently).

The Serenity RPG was unable to make references to characters and events that were not referenced in the movie, and the same goes for the Firefly RPG and characters / events not referenced in the TV show.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I don't think the Advanced Race Guide is a bad book.

No, no, this is how you do it:

I don't think the Advanced Class Guide is a bad book. In fact I like it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmm... let's think of a list.

  • I hate every edition of DnD that came out before 3.0, period. I can't stand THAC0, the multi-class rules are insane, and the lack of concrete rules for a lot of situations drive me up the wall.
  • I love Eberron, and I hate Forgotten Realms. I'd rather play in GREYHAWK than Forgotten Realms.
  • Rogues are unabashedly my favorite class in the game.
  • I think DnD 5E is an excellently made game.

  • Liberty's Edge

    Orthos wrote:
    kyrt-ryder wrote:
    Jaelithe wrote:
    TriOmegaZero wrote:
    I too find mayo pointless. It's like sandwich glue, and adds nothing else.
    And that hint of vinegar is repulsive.
    Vinegar is the only condiment I have added to my sandwhiches at Subway, and in sufficient quantities to slightly dampen the bread at that.
    I always used to get oil and vinegar on my sandwiches there, but since they introduced the Subway Vinegarette I've been getting that instead.

    The only proper vinegar on a hoagie (only philistines from New York or New England call it a sub) is whatever clings to hots or is in pepper spread.

    Also, if it's not on a roll made with water from the Schuylkill it's a pale imitation.

    Sovereign Court

    Subway is gross and id rather go hungry than eat there.


    Pan wrote:
    Subway is gross and id rather go hungry than eat there.

    Could you explain this position for us?

    Sovereign Court

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Soilent wrote:

    *Enters Thermonuclear bunker*

    I did not care for Firefly.

    We're preparing a nuke especially designed for penetrating hard targets, just for you.

    Um... phrasing?

    is shunned by Captain Yesterday


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I was very dissappointed with the Advanced Class Guide. What it has isn't too bad (from the skim I gave it), but it lacks the things I really wanted from it. I'd have loved if it allowed the creation of a class even if it was just picking existing abilities. And failing that, having a rogue/sorcerer, fighter/caster (with more support spells rather than damage spells), or monk/sorcerer would have been really nice to have.

    Of course, I'd just be happier with classless PF.


    thegreenteagamer wrote:
    Also, someone mentioned Adventure Time a while back. Most asanine piece of animated garbage I've had the misfortune of being exposed to in years, and I've watched many cartoons from childhood to adulthood. I felt dumber after an episode, and somehow sat through about four, and now no longer trust anything the friend who talked me into that says.

    That, sir, is going too far. In fact, if I wasn't on my tablet I'd drop in a link to Walter Sobchak right here. OVER THE LINE! Adventure Time is a wonderful example of theater of the absurd and many of the episodes are actually pretty deep.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    To be fair the first few episodes are...

    ...

    ...

    Yeah I can't come up with a word that fits better than "incredibly stupid".

    The Exchange

    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    thegreenteagamer wrote:

    Meh, Firefly was okay, but if it were even half as good as people say another network would have bought the rights from Fox and continued it many, many years ago.

    It's just geek chic to like Firefly.

    .

    Untrue, as I can attest. I only watched firefly lately, and I came into it with low expectation, fearing exactly what you described - that love for the show was blown completely out of proportion, that it is not actually good, just nostalgic.

    I was delighted to find otherwise. It was witty and heartworming and had nifty action scenes. The music was great, the characters were awesome, and never in any other place have I seen a crew having quite as much fun with each other. Interactions were meaningful, there was good development in every episode, and the stories themselves were great.

    Firefly is simply awesome, and this is coming from a latecomer who went in sort of expecting to be disappointed.


    Pan wrote:
    Subway is gross and id rather go hungry than eat there.

    Shun!


    pH unbalanced wrote:
    bookrat wrote:

    I once heard a way to judge someone's intelligence based on what they think and talk about the most:

    The dumber folk in society primarily think and talk about other people and what those people do (like Us Magazine).
    The moderately average folk primarily think and talk about things - tech, cars, games, etc...
    The more intelligent folk primarily think and talk about ideas - product design, scientific research, social improvement, etc...

    I've heard a version of that attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt:

    Great people talk about ideas
    Average people talk about events
    Small people talk about people.

    Yes, that is the actual quote.


    DrDeth wrote:
    DungeonmasterCal wrote:
    I like red vinegar on my french fries.

    Try malt vinegar.

    kyrt-ryder try Balsamic on a sub someday. Yum!

    Second this suggestion, and confess I don't know how to shun you for it.


    I loved Serenity, it easily makes my top 5 list of movies made in the last decade. Firefly was garbage.


    Pan wrote:
    Subway is gross and id rather go hungry than eat there.

    I wouldn't say gross, but I would say underwhelming, disappointing, and not a worthwhile value. I fully agree on the not eating there.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    thegreenteagamer wrote:
    It's just geek chic to like Firefly.

    Rarely have I read a statement that screams "DEAD ... WRONG" more than this one.


    Kalindlara wrote:
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Soilent wrote:

    *Enters Thermonuclear bunker*

    I did not care for Firefly.

    We're preparing a nuke especially designed for penetrating hard targets, just for you.

    Um... phrasing?

    is shunned by Captain Yesterday

    Um ... it's a joke? It refers to the idea that not liking Firefly should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

    I wouldn't take it too seriously.


    How can someone like Serenity but not Firefly? They were rather similar. I can see one as being somewhat better than the other, but that is so much in the minor things that I can't see how they were different enough to span from garbage to greatness.

    Sovereign Court

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Kalindlara wrote:
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Soilent wrote:

    *Enters Thermonuclear bunker*

    I did not care for Firefly.

    We're preparing a nuke especially designed for penetrating hard targets, just for you.

    Um... phrasing?

    is shunned by Captain Yesterday

    Um ... it's a joke? It refers to the idea that not liking Firefly should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

    I wouldn't take it too seriously.

    It's an Archer reference. Also meant as a joke. It refers to your choice of words... ^_^

    No offense was meant. I apologize.

    (And for context, this is the reason for the second part.)


    Ketchup is wonderful on hot dogs, with fries, and on pasta, especially pasta bolognese. This is objectively true, by the way, and people who think different are wrong. Mayonnaise is usually disgusting. Hot dogs need either ketchup and hot mustard, or chili and garlic. Fish and chips are sacrilege without salt and vinegar.


    I only put Krut on my Hot Dogs....

    Sovereign Court

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    kyrt-ryder wrote:
    Pan wrote:
    Subway is gross and id rather go hungry than eat there.
    Could you explain this position for us?

    Many of the locations I have been to are filthy. They use microwaves and other questionable methods to heat and serve food. The bread, oh god the bread, is gross and always has been. Even though they supposedly have many types, they all taste the same and the wheat isnt really wheat. Essentially, just forms of white bread that is soft and flavorless. They dont cut their cold cuts and keep them in plastic bins all day. Ultimately, subway is on the same level as McDs or BK but get a pass because their food is healthier. Perhaps im blessed to live in a city that has numerous sandwhich shops, all of which beat subway by a wide margin. Subway is the white castle of sandwhich shops and like white castle I must be heavily under the influence before it sounds acceptable.


    I have never seen a Subway with a microwave. Since it is a franchise business, maybe you've just been cursed. Around here, there are both good and bad Subways.


    I confess:

    I want D&D to do well enough to keep Paizo worried.

    I want Pathfinder to continue to outsell D&D.

    I started "D&D" (then went to Pathfinder) wanting to play a spell-
    casting ferret. I still want to play my spell-casting ferret, and have
    not yet done so.

    I like the idea of happy, healthy Third Party Publishers making new things for Pathfinder.

    I'd prefer finding what I want out of Pathfinder and avoid 3PP anything, if I can help it.

    I want Paizo to do their own take on "The Noble Wild" so we'd have intelligent animals as a playable class in Pathfinder.

    I think that's about it. Glad to have that off my chest.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I find wizurds boring.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Kthulhu wrote:
    I find wizurds boring.

    I find them overly complex and generally not worth the time investment.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Romaq wrote:

    I

    I started "D&D" (then went to Pathfinder) wanting to play a spell-
    casting ferret. I still want to play my spell-casting ferret, and have
    not yet done so.

    Here's what I'd so. You, the ferret- would be the spellcaster. The human would be your familiar.


    DrDeth wrote:
    Romaq wrote:

    I

    I started "D&D" (then went to Pathfinder) wanting to play a spell-
    casting ferret. I still want to play my spell-casting ferret, and have
    not yet done so.

    Here's what I'd so. You, the ferret- would be the spellcaster. The human would be your familiar.

    Why would anyone prevent you from being a delicious spell-casting ferret?

    That sounds fun.


    Jaelithe wrote:
    thegreenteagamer wrote:
    It's just geek chic to like Firefly.
    Rarely have I read a statement that screams "DEAD ... WRONG" more than this one.

    Sadly, I can only give you one up-vote for this, Jaelithe. So here's another couple of dozen:

    +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +, +.


    6 people marked this as a favorite.

    Confessions:

    I think Firefly is a pretty good show.

    I can't help but cringe at the almost religious fervor that surrounds it. "Cult classic" is not meant to be LITERAL.

    It's just a tv show. It's not even the best tv show ever made.

    I have no trouble imagining a group of people sitting around in robes and chanting passages from the High Holy Screenplay and that's not a good thing.


    I'm not even saying it's a bad show.

    I just didn't really enjoy it, overall.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    GM DarkLightHitomi wrote:
    I have never seen a Subway with a microwave.

    And I've never seen a Subway without one.


    Soilent wrote:

    I'm not even saying it's a bad show.

    I just didn't really enjoy it, overall.

    That's a totally different thing. We like what we like.


    Rynjin wrote:
    I can't help but cringe at the almost religious fervor that surrounds it. "Cult classic" is not meant to be LITERAL.

    Until you find the cult that does it for you, Rynjin. If it hasn't happened yet, it will.


    Kalindlara wrote:
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Kalindlara wrote:
    Jaelithe wrote:
    Soilent wrote:

    *Enters Thermonuclear bunker*

    I did not care for Firefly.

    We're preparing a nuke especially designed for penetrating hard targets, just for you.

    Um... phrasing?

    is shunned by Captain Yesterday

    Um ... it's a joke? It refers to the idea that not liking Firefly should be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

    I wouldn't take it too seriously.

    It's an Archer reference. Also meant as a joke. It refers to your choice of words... ^_^

    No offense was meant. I apologize.

    (And for context, this is the reason for the second part.)

    I took absolutely no offense. In point of fact, I thought I'd offended you.

    No apology is necessary.

    Why is it that the nice people apologize, and the people who should be pinned down and administered noogies until they say, "Sorry!" never do?

    Oh, and ... I've never seen even a minute of Archer.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Sissyl wrote:
    Ketchup is wonderful on ... pasta, especially pasta bolognese. This is objectively true, by the way, and people who think different are wrong.

    The above statements will be used at your competency hearing. Good luck with that.

    I mean ... yowsah!


    Soilent wrote:
    Kthulhu wrote:
    I find wizurds boring.
    I find them overly complex and generally not worth the time investment.

    Agree to both. If I want that role without the hassle, the sorcerer calls.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I didn't even say it was bad, but Firefly is overrated. I actually enjoyed the show when I saw it. I restate that it was not even half as good as the hype.

    Adventure Time, however, I did say is quite bad.

    I stand by both statements.


    Simon Legrande wrote:
    thegreenteagamer wrote:
    Also, someone mentioned Adventure Time a while back. Most asanine piece of animated garbage I've had the misfortune of being exposed to in years, and I've watched many cartoons from childhood to adulthood. I felt dumber after an episode, and somehow sat through about four, and now no longer trust anything the friend who talked me into that says.
    That, sir, is going too far. In fact, if I wasn't on my tablet I'd drop in a link to Walter Sobchak right here. OVER THE LINE! Adventure Time is a wonderful example of theater of the absurd and many of the episodes are actually pretty deep.

    I'm joining you in this shun. He obviously didn't watch enough to realize that Finn is a stable mutant line. At some point the nose disappeared and healing became augmented.


    thegreenteagamer wrote:
    I didn't even say it was bad, but Firefly is overrated.

    And that is merely your assertion, one with which many discerning fans do not agree.

    Quote:
    I actually enjoyed the show when I saw it. I restate that it was not even half as good as the hype.

    And since I think it's one of the few shows that easily equals or even surpasses its hype, I'll reject that, too.

    Quote:
    I stand by both statements.

    I admire your conviction. It takes resolve to "stand" in the center of downtown Wrong-ville.


    Subway is about as good as Wawa. For Hoagie fest I get a meatball sub with extra marinara and provolone. If someone is buying or the sale is decent I will get the same at Subway.

    2,351 to 2,400 of 4,499 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / Confessions That Will Get You Shunned By The Members Of The Paizo Community All Messageboards