2014 AP is Iron Gods


Iron Gods

201 to 250 of 921 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Sebastian wrote:

More details:*

The first five volumes of the AP will deal with the PCs locating five robot lions. In the final volume, the PCs must unlock the secrets of combining the robots into a single giant robot with a blazing vorpal sword!

*Made up by me.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease


The Aroden form is dead, insect. I am BRIGH.


Yay! Numeria!

definitely getting this...


I wonder if this will move the Golarion setting in a more techno-fantasy direction as a whole. Up till now Numeria has been something of a forgotten backwater, but with a full AP and other support material (techno-fantasy hardcover perhaps?) bringing it center stage for 1/2 year, it seems like it will shake up the rest of the setting a bit.


<33333333

Shadow Lodge

I would've commented in some way 14 hours ago, but when I saw this announcement, I dropped into unconsciousness for roughly 14 hours...

I'm insanely hungry for details now.

The Exchange

Anyone knows who writes each part of this AP? or is it way to early to know yet?


Jeven wrote:
I wonder if this will move the Golarion setting in a more techno-fantasy direction as a whole. Up till now Numeria has been something of a forgotten backwater, but with a full AP and other support material (techno-fantasy hardcover perhaps?) bringing it center stage for 1/2 year, it seems like it will shake up the rest of the setting a bit.

I don't see why; it will probably just stand in the same stead as all the other APs thus far (with the minor exception of Shattered Star) and make no assumptions as to when/where/why/how/if it actually took place in the Golarion timeline, and any consequences that may have emerged as a result of its completion will be left to individual campaigns.

Perhaps at some point, if the designers decide to advance Golarion's timeline, it will factor into things, but I'm guessing that will be a long ways off, if ever.

(EDIT: I mean, I see why you might be concerned about it, but my reasoning for why it probably won't still stands.)

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Hopefully this will mean we get a fairly conventional ap after this, maybe finally the one with a dragon as the bbeg.

Till then, though, bring on the bionic beasties!

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So I woke up today to discover that this is for real and not some weird dream of mine. Such a good feeling.


Kvantum wrote:
Hopefully this will mean we get a fairly conventional ap after this, maybe finally the one with a dragon as the bbeg.

I guess I get what you're saying, but Mikaze said that the structure would be similar to RotRL, i.e. fairly conventional... Besides, to me it sounds ripe for a Skymetal Dragon ally ;-)

I'm liking the sound of it, and not because it's a robot-sci-fi thing, but because of all the aspects that aren't really sci-fi but just part of Golarion, the drug-addled/skymetal-rich barbarian autarchy of Numeria, dominion of the black, sentient/godling constructs with some off-golarion connection, possibly the other planet of golarion's system that is ruled by robots? To me that isn't leaving the story line of Golarion, it's fully part of it.

Shadow Lodge RPG Superstar 2010 Top 8

N'wah wrote:

I'm having a hard time getting through this thread's AT field.

I'm gonna play the $#!& out of this AP.

Ashton, if you're going to play the AP then do it. *steeple hands in front of face*


I guess you just gotta deal with it.

What I am hoping is that with the Numeria AP in the Fall, there may be be a decent chance at robots appearing in the Bestiary 5 (assuming there is one). Now THAT would be awesome.


Even if there are robots in bestiary 5, there would be maximum 7 of them, just like all other groups always get, maybe even only 3 or 5.

I don't think Paizo will risk an entire robot bestiary, well maybe then call it Inner Sea Bestiary 2.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I think that 2014 autumn hardcover will be NPC Codex 2, so if they're going to put any rabotz with lozors, it will be in Bestiary 4 this year.


I am hoping for a Bestiary 5 but more then likely it will be the NPC Codex 2 or something else less interesting to me. But if there is a Bestiary 5 next year then some more robot and alien monsters would be nice.

At least there will be two APs that I am interested in next year.

Liberty's Edge

I'm thrilled to hear this. :) Wrath of the Righteous and now Numeria? So good.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kvantum wrote:
Till then, though, bring on the bionic beasties!

WE ARE...IRON GOLEMS! WE ARE... PROGRAMMED ONLY...TO ROCK!

(OOtS: On The Origin of PCs.)

Liberty's Edge

I am mostly disappointed because it means Arcadia now has to wait until at least 2015 =(

Paizo Employee CEO

MMCJawa wrote:
I predicted this and Numeria a few weeks ago, and Numeria came to past...

Well, one out of two isn't bad!

Lisa

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, 2011 Top 32, 2012 Top 4

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is awesome news. I think a poem should kick off this AP. ;-)

Hooray, Numeria!
Land of Darkness and the Night!

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Benchak the Nightstalker wrote:
N'wah wrote:

I'm having a hard time getting through this thread's AT field.

I'm gonna play the $#!& out of this AP.

Ashton, if you're going to play the AP then do it. *steeple hands in front of face*

I HATE YOU, BEN! I'M NEVER GONNA PILOT AN AP AGAIN! WAAA!

You'll always be my Gendo, sir.

Paizo Employee CEO

11 people marked this as a favorite.
Jeven wrote:
I wonder if this will move the Golarion setting in a more techno-fantasy direction as a whole.

Not on my watch! Numeria is our techno fantasy playground, but what happens in Numeria stays in Numeria! :) if you want this style of fantasy gaming, go to Numeria, but you aren't going to see robots invading the River Kingdoms or stun rays swinging the tide in Andoran. Golarion is a classic fantasy world when taken as a whole and that is where I want it to stay.

Lisa

Dark Archive

Lord Snow wrote:
Anyone knows who writes each part of this AP? or is it way to early to know yet?

The authors have not been confirmed. From what I understand, they're still picking the authors out of the available pool. We prolly won't get an official confirmed list for quite some time.

Paizo Employee CEO

16 people marked this as a favorite.
Gancanagh wrote:
I'm not so much of a hater tho as i'm mostly overreacting, but my only fear is that this is a big hit and that the normal fantasy slowly disappears into nothingness to be replaced for 100% by lasers and robots because the Starwars junkies always demand more.

No. And I am the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. But, I own Paizo, so you can take it to the bank.

Lisa


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It'd be funny if caffeinated fey built the robots in numeria but the robots didn't get programmed so you'll see fey bite marks everywhere xD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lisa Stevens wrote:
Jeven wrote:
I wonder if this will move the Golarion setting in a more techno-fantasy direction as a whole.

Not on my watch! Numeria is our techno fantasy playground, but what happens in Numeria stays in Numeria! :) if you want this style of fantasy gaming, go to Numeria, but you aren't going to see robots invading the River Kingdoms or stun rays swinging the tide in Andoran. Golarion is a classic fantasy world when taken as a whole and that is where I want it to stay.

Lisa

I love this post so much. 10.000 times favorite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neko Witch wrote:
It'd be funny if caffeinated fey built the robots in numeria but the robots didn't get programmed so you'll see fey bite marks everywhere xD

i

NEED
MORE
COFFEE


& in every battery an angry quickling xD


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

This thread is scaring me.


Just don't open the batteries but watch out if you do *insert quickling rage modifier x30* xD


Lisa Stevens wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:
I predicted this and Numeria a few weeks ago, and Numeria came to past...

Well, one out of two isn't bad!

Lisa

Hah...touche

well I guess we find out today?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

and a sprite in every flashlight;)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I am so pleased to see this! I've been wanting more on Numeneria from the start. Thumbs up, Paizo!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gancanagh wrote:
Lisa Stevens wrote:
Jeven wrote:
I wonder if this will move the Golarion setting in a more techno-fantasy direction as a whole.

Not on my watch! Numeria is our techno fantasy playground, but what happens in Numeria stays in Numeria! :) if you want this style of fantasy gaming, go to Numeria, but you aren't going to see robots invading the River Kingdoms or stun rays swinging the tide in Andoran. Golarion is a classic fantasy world when taken as a whole and that is where I want it to stay.

Lisa

I love this post so much. 10.000 times favorite.

I guess it's a matter of taste. This is SO on my list. I've always played and preferred more sci/fantasy than straight fantasy. Things like Wild Arms, Wizardry, Might and Magic. And no, I'm not expecting (or even asking) for Golarion to become like any of those worlds. But when some of it does leak through, I'm all over it!

Digital Products Assistant

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Removed some posts. Really, guys, accusations of trolling aren't OK. If you are concerned about a particular poster, please let us know by emailing us at webmaster@paizo.com.

Scarab Sages

I apologize.


14 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Lisa Stevens wrote:
Gancanagh wrote:
I'm not so much of a hater tho as i'm mostly overreacting, but my only fear is that this is a big hit and that the normal fantasy slowly disappears into nothingness to be replaced for 100% by lasers and robots because the Starwars junkies always demand more.

No. And I am the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. But, I own Paizo, so you can take it to the bank.

Lisa

Star Wars... you mean that movie where the farmboy meets a wizard who tells him to become a knight and then they go off to save a princess? ;)

Grand Lodge

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Kajehase wrote:
Star Wars... you mean that movie where the farmboy meets a wizard who tells him to become a knight and then they go off to save a princess? ;)

He even gets a katana that cuts through anything!

201 to 250 of 921 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Iron Gods / 2014 AP is Iron Gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.