Your Single most OP Charachter concept PFS Legal!


Advice

101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Druid

5th level Natural spell


1 person marked this as a favorite.
andreww wrote:
Furious Focus isn't doing much for you at level 1. I would consider Improved Initiative. Get to act before your allies move into your charge lanes. Especially important for PFS when you don't know what sort of fools will be on the table with you.

Actually, as a superstition barbarian, you don't want to go first. You want your buffers to go first, so you can get a round of spells on you before you become basically spell-impervious.

-Cross

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
Havoq wrote:
I'd love to see a link to this FAQ discussion.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qp0

Spell-Like Abilities, Casting, and Prerequisites: Does a creature with a spell-like ability count as being able to cast that spell for the purpose of prerequisites or requirements?

Yes.
For example, the Dimensional Agility feat (Ultimate Combat) has "ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door" as a prerequisite; a barghest has dimension door as a spell-like ability, so the barghest meets the "able to cast dimension door prerequisite for that feat.

Edit 7/12/13: The design team is aware that the above answer means that certain races can gain access to some spellcaster prestige classes earlier than the default minimum (character level 6). Given that prestige classes are usually a sub-optimal character choice (especially for spellcasters), the design team is allowing this FAQ ruling for prestige classes. If there is in-play evidence that this ruling is creating characters that are too powerful, the design team may revisit whether or not to allow spell-like abilities to count for prestige class requirements.


Edenwaith wrote:
Havoq wrote:
I'd love to see a link to this FAQ discussion.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qp0

Spell-Like Abilities, Casting, and Prerequisites: Does a creature with a spell-like ability count as being able to cast that spell for the purpose of prerequisites or requirements?

Yes.
For example, the Dimensional Agility feat (Ultimate Combat) has "ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door" as a prerequisite; a barghest has dimension door as a spell-like ability, so the barghest meets the "able to cast dimension door prerequisite for that feat.

Edit 7/12/13: The design team is aware that the above answer means that certain races can gain access to some spellcaster prestige classes earlier than the default minimum (character level 6). Given that prestige classes are usually a sub-optimal character choice (especially for spellcasters), the design team is allowing this FAQ ruling for prestige classes. If there is in-play evidence that this ruling is creating characters that are too powerful, the design team may revisit whether or not to allow spell-like abilities to count for prestige class requirements.

While this is nice, FAQs don't exist in a vacuum.

FAQ wrote:


Cleric domains, sorcerer bloodlines, wizard schools, and certain other class features give spell-like abilities that aren't based on spells. What's the effective spell level for these abilities?

The effective spell level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the highest-level spell that a character of that class could normally cast at the level the ability is gained.

For example, a 1st-level elemental bloodline sorcerer has elemental ray as a spell-like ability. Because a sorcerer 1's highest-level spell available is 1st, that spell-like ability counts as a 1st-level spell. A 9th-level elemental bloodline sorcerer has elemental blast as a spell-like ability. Because a sorcerer 9's highest-level spell available is 4th, that spell-like ability counts as a 4th-level spell.

—Sean K Reynolds, 07/07/11

So SLA act as spells for the purposes of pre-requisites. Fine, that doesn't bother me much. SLA also act as the highest level spell you can cast when you gain the ability. So if you gain a SLA at level 1, it counts as a level 1 spell, meaning it would fill out prerequisites for "able to cast level 1 spells". It wouldn't however, fulfill the prerequisite for casting second level spells, which is needed for the Mystic Theurge on both the Arcane and Divine front.


Tels wrote:


While this is nice, FAQs don't exist in a vacuum.

FAQ wrote:


Cleric domains, sorcerer bloodlines, wizard schools, and certain other class features give spell-like abilities [u]that aren't based on spells.[/u] What's the effective spell level for [u]these abilities?[/u]

The effective spell level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the highest-level spell that a character of that class could normally cast at the level the ability is gained.

So SLA act as spells for the purposes of pre-requisites. Fine, that doesn't bother me much. SLA also act as the highest level spell you can cast when you gain the ability. So if you gain a SLA at level 1, it counts as a level 1 spell, meaning it would fill out prerequisites for "able to cast level 1 spells". It wouldn't however, fulfill the prerequisite for casting second level spells, which is needed for the Mystic Theurge on both the Arcane and Divine front.

If you would just f*+$ing read what you're quoting, we wouldn't have to waste more time beating this dead horse.


Pupsocket wrote:
Tels wrote:


While this is nice, FAQs don't exist in a vacuum.

FAQ wrote:


Cleric domains, sorcerer bloodlines, wizard schools, and certain other class features give spell-like abilities [u]that aren't based on spells.[/u] What's the effective spell level for [u]these abilities?[/u]

The effective spell level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the highest-level spell that a character of that class could normally cast at the level the ability is gained.

So SLA act as spells for the purposes of pre-requisites. Fine, that doesn't bother me much. SLA also act as the highest level spell you can cast when you gain the ability. So if you gain a SLA at level 1, it counts as a level 1 spell, meaning it would fill out prerequisites for "able to cast level 1 spells". It wouldn't however, fulfill the prerequisite for casting second level spells, which is needed for the Mystic Theurge on both the Arcane and Divine front.

If you would just f~!%ing read what you're quoting, we wouldn't have to waste more time beating this dead horse.

Some one likes exploiting broken rules...


Tels wrote:
Some one likes exploiting broken rules...

Not an exploit, an option specifically and clearly identified as being intended by the developers.

Quote:
Edit 7/12/13: The design team is aware that the above answer means that certain races can gain access to some spellcaster prestige classes earlier than the default minimum (character level 6). Given that prestige classes are usually a sub-optimal character choice (especially for spellcasters), the design team is allowing this FAQ ruling for prestige classes. If there is in-play evidence that this ruling is creating characters that are too powerful, the design team may revisit whether or not to allow spell-like abilities to count for prestige class requirements

Also turning Mystic Theurge and Eldritch Knight from god awful trap options for the unwary into possibly useful Prestige Classes is pretty much the opposite of broken.

Sczarni

Havoq wrote:
I'd love to see a link to this FAQ discussion.

=[URLhttp://paizo.com/products/btpy88yj/faq?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Core-Rulebook#v5748eaic9qow]Ask and ye shall receive. . .[/URL]

That i the link to the FAQ, the discussion threads are all but impossible to miss. There are several at the moment.


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
andreww wrote:

Also turning Mystic Theurge and Eldritch Knight from god awful trap options for the unwary into possibly useful Prestige Classes is pretty much the opposite of broken.

I knew about the Spell like abilities helping out the Mystic Theurge, but which race gives a 3rd level arcane for Eldritch Knight??


Apocryphile wrote:
andreww wrote:

Also turning Mystic Theurge and Eldritch Knight from god awful trap options for the unwary into possibly useful Prestige Classes is pretty much the opposite of broken.

I knew about the Spell like abilities helping out the Mystic Theurge, but which race gives a 3rd level arcane for Eldritch Knight??

Aasimar? Isn't daylight 3rd level?

Scarab Sages

Wow. 4 months worth of necro. That's not bad.

Dark Archive

A ranger 2 (unarmed style for improved natural attack)/ cave druid x that transforms into a crystalline ooze at 9th level (make sure you take shaping focus) can do some sick damage on a slam. Strongjaw makes it even better. Get strength as high as is reasonable and pump it as much as possible. I can post a build later if you are interested.


nice necro :-) first time ever i see one of my posts necroed :-)

Dark Archive

notabot wrote:
Apocryphile wrote:
andreww wrote:

Also turning Mystic Theurge and Eldritch Knight from god awful trap options for the unwary into possibly useful Prestige Classes is pretty much the opposite of broken.

I knew about the Spell like abilities helping out the Mystic Theurge, but which race gives a 3rd level arcane for Eldritch Knight??
Aasimar? Isn't daylight 3rd level?

Yes,

The other early entry way is Martial Weapons 1/Diviner (Scryer) Wizard 1. The Scryer sub school grants a version of Clairvoyance/Clairaudience (level 3) as an SLA immediately and the FAQs say this is fine.


Any Paladin with Radiant Charge and max lay on hands.

Silver Crusade

i made a aesimar paladin with +2 to str and cha !! :-)

its so dificult to make an efective paladin!! they are so stat heavy!!


Raziel Jahoel wrote:

i made a aesimar paladin with +2 to str and cha !! :-)

its so dificult to make an efective paladin!! they are so stat heavy!!

They aren't that stat heavy. Heavy armor means they don't need much dex. Cha bonus to saves means they don't need much wisdom. Not being a skill class means they don't need much INT. So STR, CHA, and Con as secondary is all they need. Now if you want them to be an archer they can be a bit stat heavy, but even then the compromises aren't that bad.

Dark Archive

Half-Elf Lawful Good Summoner 10

Str: 7
Int: 7
Wis: 12
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Chr: 22 (26)

All level-ups to extra evolution points
Keeps
Feats: 2XExtra Evolution, others mostly to increase saves
Wears a ring of invisibility. Spells are almost all buffs for party and eidlon (heroism, Greater Magic Weapon, etc)

"Blaster Master", Serpent Eidlon
Str: 16 (18)
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Dex: 22 (24)
Con: 13 (15)
Chr: 10

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Deadly Aim
Evolution: 9XLimbs (Arms)
Wears bracers of lesser archery (+1 to hit, proficient with all bows).

Wields 9*Composite 18-strength Longbow, uses his multiattack feat to fire each of them every round. The summoner uses greater magic weapon to make 50 arrows at a time +2 arrows, and usually keeps him heroismed.

Summoner behind him hastes the party and eidilon, buffs people, and generally stays out of the way. If eidilon gets neutralized, resorts to summoning monsters. But is never, ever visible.

Dark Archive

This was my first attempt at OP, so please be gentle. I had seen a few folks make an inquisitor intimidator build. It seemed a little off to me so I tried to create my version of it.

Gideon Grey- ½ Orc
STR: 18 (16+2 for ½ orc)
DEX: 13
CON: 13
INT: 13
WIS: 14
CHA: 7
Caviler 2 levels (Order of the Cockatrice) Strategist
Rouge 1- Thug
Inquisitor 9
Traits- (Blade of Mercy, Larger than Life)
Feats-
(1rst Level)Enforcer
*Dazzling Display ( Free with lev 2 order of Cockatrice)
(3rd level)Intimidating Prowess
(5th Level) Gunsmithing
(7Th level) Combat Expertise
(9Th level) Butterfly Sting
(11Th level)possib imp critical? Or maybe Shatter Defenses

We tank Cha because it’s not needed. The Inquisition of conversion allows us to use wisdom for diplomacy and intimidate. At level 3 I have a 15 intimidate.

The premise is to have a huge intimidate to get all the bad guys shaken or frightened. That helps the whole party, because the bad guys are swinging like crud. The cav bonuses give a +2 to hit shaken creatures, and the judgments can both help to keep up BAB.

Use a 17 to 20 weapon like a Nodachi so we can expand the crit range of the weapon. This can be done with keen oil, a scabbard of keen edges, the keen Edge Spell or the feat improved critical. We want the higher crit range so we can pass the crit to our friend with the x4 crit weapon. To add insult to injury inquisitor has special uses of team feats that allow him to treat all his allies as if they had the team feat, so were going to take outflank. Outflank says if our friend crits you can take an attack of opp.

Fun Spells
Blistering Invective, Keen Edge

Magic Items
Ominous and or Cruel weapon enchantments
Scabbard of Keen Edges
Bane Baldric

Grand Lodge

Kiinyan wrote:

Spoiler:
I'm surprised I only saw one paladin. Here's the(allegedly) invincible paladin build

Demon Spawn Tiefling Paladin (oath of vengeance)
Stats:
Str: 18 +1 at 4 and 8
Dex 10
Con: 14
Wis 8
Int 10
Cha 16
Skills: Perception and Diplomacy, use a trait for perception (either the osirion faction trait or eyes and ears of the city)
Feats
1: Fey Foundling. This is really all you need to break this build
3: Power Attack
5: Greater Mercy (as a paranoid fool who hates the darkness rules, I actually took fiend sight twice at 5th and 7th, but the chances of it being relevant are rare I admit. This gives you 1d6+2 hp for almost every LoH)
7: whatever you want (suggested: lunge, extra LoH fiend sight-see 5
9: whatever (add improved crit to the suggestion, you probably already have your weapon keen though. If you've started heavily investing in extra LoH take ultimate Mercy because bringing dead people back to life is good)
11: what ever

Favored class point: +1 hp healed when using LoH to heal yourself. This + Fey Foundling=win

Spells:
1: Hero's Defiance. More hero's defiance
2: Litany of Righteousness. There's no reason to take any other litany
3: daylight or maybe something else. If you went Oath vs. dragons instead of vengeance(slightly suboptimal) take fly. More litany of righteousness it's that good

Equipment:
no-Dachi. Keen it when you can
Full plate. Just because you have the most hp in the game doesn't mean you need to let everything hit you. Only +s for this
Belt: Str primarily. If for some reason you're still worried about dying tack con on
Headband: Charisma! We need more LoH!!!!! The more the merrier!!!
Bracers: Bracers of the merciful knight. Get these PRONTO!!!! Yes they're 15k but they give you 2d6+4 hp from every LoH PLUS 2 more LoH!!!!
Cloak: of resistance, maybe minor displacement but seriously saves can never be too high
Way finder+clear spindle ioun stone. Yes your saves are some of the best. There's always the chance of a one, and your allies certainly won't be able to...

Braaaaaaaaaains... I'll join in! A variant of Kinyan's paladin. This is my PFS paladin Matia, who follows her (often misquoted) scripture to the letter and gets into some very awkward situations as a result of it. She specializes in frustrating powerful enemies by simply not dying... even when she technically should be dead. o.O

Spoiler:
Female Half-Orc
Fighter (Unbreakable) 1 / Paladin (Oath of Chastity) 11

STR: 14
DEX: 10
CON: 19 (+1 @ 4, 8, 12)
INT: 7
WIS: 7
CHA: 16

01 Fey Foundling
01b Endurance
01b Diehard
03 Tenacious Survivor
05 Greater Mercy
07 Deathless Initiate
09 Unsanctioned Knowledge (Bard: Feather Fall, Mirror Image, Displacement, Imp. Invisibility)
11 Fast Healer

• Fey Foundling (and Fast Healer eventually) to receive lots of extra healing from her LoH.
• Diehard so she can keep on truckin'!
• Tenacious Survivor so even if she does drop, by level 4 her comrades will have SIX rounds to heal her to less than negative CON score and bring her back. Basically turns all healing magic into a Breath of Life for six rounds.
• Deathless Initiate so she can take full-round actions all the way to negative CON.
• Unsanctioned Knowledge adds some Bard spells to her spell list. She'll also be level 8 Chastity Paladin, which gives her innate fortification (50% chance to ignore precision damage and critical hits).
• At level 12, she'll have at least a 26 con, adding another 4 HPs per healing effect from Fast Healer.

Scarab Sages

Barbarian, stack Con.

...what?

Dark Archive

Soo... What does this build do if its not dying?


Mr.Nightray wrote:
Soo... What does this build do if its not dying?

live?

Sczarni

I'm thinking a straight up fighter could prove pretty nasty in PFS with whip focus and grappling feats.

You could literally charge in and grapple, then next turn tie up all at reach.


calagnar wrote:

You don't need to optimize overly to succeed in PFSP. A well made character is more then enough to over come most of what you find in PFSP.

What kind of character are you looking for? Do you want a melee type? Range character? Or even a caster?
For broken melee you have a few options. At the top of the list are Barbarian's, and Cavalier's.
For range characters. There are two options for broken.
Monk (Zen Archer), or Gunslinger (Musket master).
For casters that's just about any of them. Just pick one max out your save DC, along with high SR bypass.

Any class that gets a animal companion. Are generally more powerful then ones that do not get one. It requires you to have the animal archive to utilize them to full effect.

My personal suggestion to you for PFSP. Make a character that can cover multiple roles. If your overly optimized for combat you will be lacking in other areas. That's fine if your grouping with the same people all the time. However if every one at your table is a combat machine you will have problems.

My best suggestion is not the most powerful. But one of the many that are good at there job. And can cover other roles in a party as needed.
Bard : They are not combat machines. But they can buff the group so you don't need to be. Plus they can cover many of the social skills and knowledge checks. So they add a lot to a group with out needing to be on the front line.
Ranger(Urban Ranger) : Full BAB skill monkey that gets a animal companion. So they can do traps and a few other skills. Along with being good at melee, and range combat.

Cavalier are for sure NOT over powered ...

Compared to summonses ?

101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Your Single most OP Charachter concept PFS Legal! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.