The Mummy's Mask - Early 2014 Adventure Path Revealed


Mummy's Mask

401 to 450 of 520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Adam Daigle wrote:

Rob has a ton of books and we've been scanning chunks of it for art references. Andrew was even putting together a document for his artists that sounded like it kept growing.

I anticipate some cool art.

Probably some khopeshes too. :)

Woo! I've been very curious as to what faux-Egyptian soldiers would look like, and what sort of core rulebook armors would work thematically (in the desert, particularly), and how they'd look, culturally.

Most of my notions on 'fantasy Egypt' come from the old Jeff Dee art in the original Deities and Demigods, none of which really worked as 'armor.'

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

I was somewhat thoughtful about weapon and armor choices in Chapter One, at Rob's direction.

I say no more.


What are the two (or more?) Pathfinder modules set in Orision? Is The Mummy's Mask a sort of sequel to those? Would it be possible to incorporate those into a campaign with the AP?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Pact Stone Pyramid and Entombed with the Pharoahs, both 3.5


Thanks, archmagi. So, a lvl 6 and a lvl 8 adventure. Once I get a good look at the AP, I'll see about the potential of incorporating those.

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

Coincidentally (or perhaps not) Entombed with the Pharaohs involves dealing with a rival adventuring party in a quest to retrieve the a mask belonging to the Four Pharaohs of Ascension.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hmmm...I wonder how many people will do a mash-up of this campaign with Gary Gygax's Necropolis? Or the old Desert of Desolation series?

Silver Crusade

Feros wrote:
Hmmm...I wonder how many people will do a mash-up of this campaign with Gary Gygax's Necropolis? Or the old Desert of Desolation series?

I imagine Hamunaptra is going to be getting a lot of use. :)

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't want to step on the Developer's toes here, but the actual published source material provides some answers in plain sight. I will be using generalities however.

Osirion is divided into three distinct ages, not including when it was under Keleshite control.

The First Age was Ancient Osirion, and the time of the God-Kings. Nethys inspired the kingdom through his prophet, Azghaad. Note, Nethys was not a God-King who ascended. The First Age lasted a very long time. This information in plain sight in Lost Kingdoms

The Second Age was actually quite short. Just sixty-seven years to be precise. It was all about the Four Pharaohs of Ascension. That one short-lived dynasty. Their story is the story of the Second Age, and when their story ends, so does the Second Age.

The Third Age is all about the Forthbringer Dynasty and the Khemet I—III.

Entombed with the Pharaoh's and The Pact Stone Pyramid modules involve events and ruins from the 2nd Age.

As a community, if you start asking "what Age of Osirion does this relate to?" You might be able to answer some of your own questions.

Again, no insider knowledge was required to make this post. Its all there if you do research and your homework, and read the source material instead of just the wiki pages (helpful and wonderful as they are!)

I say no more.


I have about three story arcs written in my head for a campaign starting in Osirion and then jumping to at least two planets through a Stargate style gate. Very interested to see where this goes!

Sczarni

I've been into visuals for inspiration lately, so when I came across this I thought "Mummy's Mask," or at lest Osirion. Spawn action figures: Age of Pharoahs


as much as I dislike the mega-corporation that is Games Workshop (they seem to be the only minis you can get in the UK in any quantity) their tomb kings range would be a perfect fit I would imagine.

Sczarni

simon hacker wrote:
as much as I dislike the mega-corporation that is Games Workshop (they seem to be the only minis you can get in the UK in any quantity) their tomb kings range would be a perfect fit I would imagine.

Warsphinx, knights riding giant cobra, and some cursed individual composed of a swarm of scarab beetles, heck yeah!


I read through most of the posts here, but maybe I missed it, or maybe its not known. Any word on the "style" of this AP? Is it likely be more "dungeon-crawly" like Shattered Star or more open a la Kingmaker?


PhineasGage wrote:
I read through most of the posts here, but maybe I missed it, or maybe its not known. Any word on the "style" of this AP? Is it likely be more "dungeon-crawly" like Shattered Star or more open a la Kingmaker?

Just from the fluff I've read listed on the official pages, I'm going with akin to Shattered Star. Iran, they mention the PC's having to go into the tomb twice!

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just a tease for you all; earlier this month I completed a turnover for something featured later on in the Mummy's Mask. Can't spill the beans on what it is, but there's some big things to look forward to in this AP! :)


Is it a Living Pyramid? :p


Argh! This AP may push me into the madness of running two APs concurrently. I'm really looking forward to renewing my subscription for this one.

Paizo Employee Developer

Uri Meca wrote:
Argh! This AP may push me into the madness of running two APs concurrently. I'm really looking forward to renewing my subscription for this one.

I'll admit to bias, but I strongly support your renewal. :) Thanks!

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

Uri Meca wrote:
Argh! This AP may push me into the madness of running two APs concurrently. I'm really looking forward to renewing my subscription for this one.

Do it! I think you'll enjoy it :)


That's just the thing, I really want to renew my sub for this too, but I renewed for Shattered Star too as my group had just finished RotRL, and my group didn't dig the dungeon crawl feel.
I'll probably subscribe anyways, and just use it as base material to build a bigger campaign if its all dungeony. *shrug*


so this looks like a good thread to leave this

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm excited to hear that more details on mummification will appear in Book 3. I've been wanting to see an update to the Osiriani mummy template for a while! Maybe we'll get mention of some more of the morally sound mummies as well (like that one Irorian mummy from Dragon's Demand.)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Robert Brookes wrote:
I'm excited to hear that more details on mummification will appear in Book 3. I've been wanting to see an update to the Osiriani mummy template for a while! Maybe we'll get mention of some more of the morally sound mummies as well (like that one Irorian mummy from Dragon's Demand.)

YES PLZ

Sovereign Court Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Robert Brookes wrote:
I'm excited to hear that more details on mummification will appear in Book 3. I've been wanting to see an update to the Osiriani mummy template for a while! Maybe we'll get mention of some more of the morally sound mummies as well (like that one Irorian mummy from Dragon's Demand.)

Actually, the Osirian mummy template from Entombed with the Pharaohs was updated as the mummified creature template in Bestiary 4! But rest assured, there will still be plenty of mummy goodness in the mummification article!

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

Rob McCreary wrote:
Robert Brookes wrote:
I'm excited to hear that more details on mummification will appear in Book 3. I've been wanting to see an update to the Osiriani mummy template for a while! Maybe we'll get mention of some more of the morally sound mummies as well (like that one Irorian mummy from Dragon's Demand.)
Actually, the Osirian mummy template from Entombed with the Pharaohs was updated as the mummified creature template in Bestiary 4! But rest assured, there will still be plenty of mummy goodness in the mummification article!

I just got my copy of Bestiary 4 in the mail yesterday and was happily surprised to see that. Between Undead Revisited and Bestiary 4 I'm intrigued to see what else can be said about mummies!


I just hope there will be lots of pawns that can be used as PCs. I need more brown people for my collection! >.<


Personally...I am most interested in seeing what sort of Egyptian themed monsters that will appear in this AP. Egypt is less famous for it's monsters than Other regions, so it will be great to see what sources they pull from

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

I can tell you personally that the creature I worked on for later in the AP is certainly Egyptian themed! It is very traditional, yet presented with a unique spin for Golarion.

Scarab Sages

I bet its a cat-headed creature! Wait, those are catfolk... BAST IS A CATFOLK!?!? *head explosion*

I'm very excited for this AP, moreso than I was Carrion Crown. Hopefully you guys don't get too crazy like CC did (Cthululand book, friendly to vamps book) and ruin the awesomeness for me :P


I'm really looking forward to this desert-themed AP!

I hope it brings all kinds of desert-based horrors and monsters like:

- Karkadann - Bad tempered desert unicorns (zebra-like) are a must for this AP's bestiary and very suiting + from mythology/folklore.

- Some sand swimming fishes (piranha, sharks, tsemaus with sharp dorsal fin, marlin, swordfish or maybe carnivorous manta rays.

- The egyptian monsters Ammit and Wadjet are very suiting here, while there are many cobra monsters already there isn't anything like the Ammit yet.

- Mummy variants, very non-humanoid mummy variants that aren't templates, think Skirr and Crawling Apocalypse from D&D kind of creatures, not those of course but others like it.

- Chameleon monsters, like the Rock Reptile or maybe an illusion-using Chameleon.

- Sand monsters, stronger sandmen called Sandlords or maybe a living sandstorm elemental monster.

- Monsters that crawl around oasis to feed on travelers.

- Anubis and Bast can have creatures based on them of course! I love the anubites from The Mummy returns.

- The crab/scorpion monster from Arab mythology called Sandwalker, a terrible creature with 2 scorpion stingers, and 4 crab like pincirs.

- Cacti Leshy and other cactus monsters that aren't humanoid such as maybe a mantis monster that pretends to be a cactus.

- Swarms of flesheating scarab beetles!

- Desert Dinosaurs like the Protoceratops, Oviraptor, Therizinosaurus and Gallimimus!

- Vulture-like folk, pure scavengers.

- Magical beasts based on Moloch Lizards, frilled lizards and Gila Monsters, maybe the australian giant lizard creature I forgot the name from.

- Sea creatures brought to the desert are always fun, there is the Dust Digger based on the starfish, but what about desert creatures based on Urchin, Coral and Anemones?


I can't wait to see what creatures will be in this AP hopefully at least one desert themed fey, dragon, elemental, and ooze. Some Cacti based plant creatures and maybe a creature that surrounds itself with a sphere of water that doesn't evaporate.


A Sand Ooze would be fun :-p

And maybe the Petsuchos could be a mummy-crocodile monster.

Oh, and while I dislike having real-world animals spoiling the pages of the bestiaries, I make an exception for the awesome Gemsbok!! These creatures are known to kill and drive away lions and panthers.


You all forgot the most dangerous beast in Osirion:

THE DIRE ASP

No, seriously, had a character in 2E that died TWICE from asp bites, just minutes apart. I then went back to Mulhurond (it was Forgotten Realms) and slew all of the asps. All of them. Took me years, but I did it.


When are the iconics for this gonna be revealed? Sorry if I sound pestering, I'm just a big fan of them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Riggler wrote:
Osirion,awesome. Hopefully it lends homage to Desert of Desolation.

This.

Absolutely love classic desert-themed campaigns but it seems more and more that technology and science fiction are creeping into my fantasy gaming. Bleh - if I wanted that, there's lots of systems out there that do it better.

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

Wiggz wrote:
Riggler wrote:
Osirion,awesome. Hopefully it lends homage to Desert of Desolation.

This.

Absolutely love classic desert-themed campaigns but it seems more and more that technology and science fiction are creeping into my fantasy gaming. Bleh - if I wanted that, there's lots of systems out there that do it better.

Well, hang in there and check out the previews when we're actually closer to when this AP comes out. I know there sounds like there's science fiction elements but some of that talk is just based on assumptions and speculation.

Iron Gods, coming next Summer, is going to explore those science fiction themes. Obviously I'm privy to some information, but look at it logically. Paizo wouldn't do the same exact theme in two APs in a row. You don't need to be an insider to know that, you only have to look at their publication history.

But I'm not trying to lecture you, Wiggz. I'm trying to reassure you.

I think you'll like this AP.

Dark Archive

So have the iconics for this one been decided on yet?

Paizo Employee Developer

They've been decided for a while. Rob's being cagey with the exact line up, but I'll try to wrench the information out of him.

Maybe I can leak one of them? He wouldn't be that upset. :)


I just discovered this thread about 20 minutes ago and am as excited as the rest of you fellers! In fact, when I saw the titles in the AP list, I nearly spotted my shorts! Woohoo > bring on the mummies!!


Jim Groves wrote:
Wiggz wrote:
Riggler wrote:
Osirion,awesome. Hopefully it lends homage to Desert of Desolation.

This.

Absolutely love classic desert-themed campaigns but it seems more and more that technology and science fiction are creeping into my fantasy gaming. Bleh - if I wanted that, there's lots of systems out there that do it better.

Well, hang in there and check out the previews when we're actually closer to when this AP comes out. I know there sounds like there's science fiction elements but some of that talk is just based on assumptions and speculation.

Iron Gods, coming next Summer, is going to explore those science fiction themes. Obviously I'm privy to some information, but look at it logically. Paizo wouldn't do the same exact theme in two APs in a row. You don't need to be an insider to know that, you only have to look at their publication history.

But I'm not trying to lecture you, Wiggz. I'm trying to reassure you.

I think you'll like this AP.

Thanks for that - I never doubted it.

I do doubt that I'll like Iron Gods much - just not my (or my group's) scene... BUT out of loyalty to Paizo and the street cred they've earned with me, I'm willing to give it a read.

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

Wiggz wrote:
BUT out of loyalty to Paizo and the street cred they've earned with me, I'm willing to give it a read.

Honestly I don't think anybody could expect or ask any more. That is a fair stance.

Scarab Sages

I'm still jonesing for this thing by the time my current game ends. Hopefully we'll still be adventuring into the Summer so that all six volumes will be out before we start.

Sovereign Court Developer

Okay, I'll name two of the iconics, since they're on the cover of the first adventure.

Spoiler:
Seelah and Alahazra

You'll have to wait a little while for the next two. :)


Rob McCreary wrote:

Okay, I'll name two of the iconics, since they're on the cover of the first adventure.

** spoiler omitted **

You'll have to wait a little while for the next two. :)

Thanks!!!

Grand Lodge

I figure Kyra and Alahazra are easy choices. Its the other two that are the tough choices.


Rob McCreary wrote:

Okay, I'll name two of the iconics, since they're on the cover of the first adventure.

** spoiler omitted **

You'll have to wait a little while for the next two. :)

Please pick me, boss. I'm ready to go out there and figuratively drive my furry feet up some restless mummy's... erm... tailbone, I guess.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lem the Halfling wrote:
Rob McCreary wrote:

Okay, I'll name two of the iconics, since they're on the cover of the first adventure.

** spoiler omitted **

You'll have to wait a little while for the next two. :)

Please pick me, boss. I'm ready to go out there and figuratively drive my furry feet up some restless mummy's... erm... tailbone, I guess.

You might not want that Lem, you could get Mummy Rot on your foot from his.........tailbone.


zergtitan wrote:
Lem the Halfling wrote:
Rob McCreary wrote:

Okay, I'll name two of the iconics, since they're on the cover of the first adventure.

** spoiler omitted **

You'll have to wait a little while for the next two. :)

Please pick me, boss. I'm ready to go out there and figuratively drive my furry feet up some restless mummy's... erm... tailbone, I guess.
You might not want that Lem, you could get Mummy Rot on your foot from his.........tailbone.

I said figuratively. Doing it for real... eww!


And since it's just snowed in Egypt for the first time in 112 years (meanwhile, in Sweden it's raining and +5 to +10 degrees Celsius) - could we have one of these, pretty please?

401 to 450 of 520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Mummy's Mask / The Mummy's Mask - Early 2014 Adventure Path Revealed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.