Locking Threads on Page 2: Weak Reasons and Locked Threads


Website Feedback

51 to 85 of 85 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
kmal2t wrote:
Do you even know what's going on anymore? If I've been claiming they babysit the forums and say they totally don't amirite i.e. the opposite of what I've been saying that is sarcasm.

Yes. That wasn't what I was referring to when I said you were using hyperbole.

Shadow Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

This is exciting. I haven't seen anyone get banned from the forums yet. But at this point I suspect it's coming like a freight train.

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
pathar wrote:
This is exciting. I haven't seen anyone get banned from the forums yet. But at this point I suspect it's coming like a freight train.

The fun part is that bans are never announced. People just vanish. I like it. They never get the parting shot, and it makes forgetting they ever existed oh so much easier.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey everybody, look at me!


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
Evil Lincoln wrote:
Hey everybody, look at me!

Flagged.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:
kmal2t wrote:
no...its a metaphorical verb to express constant monitoring. If I wanted to get hyperbolic I would say the monitors are like the SS in Nazi Germany.

see, you just did prove that threads are not locked for nothing, what you did there was so damn offensive I don't know what to say

Because of people like you and 3.5Loyalist the mods have to babysit here, it is as simple as this, if you would not be jerks, they would not need to do it, or else these boards would be as ugly as most others

and in case you wonder, I flagged your post

Hey aeglos, I'm thinking of taking German as my minor while I'm studying computer science.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I just thought you'd find it cool.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil Lincoln wrote:
Hey everybody, look at me!

*point*

IT'S YOU!


3.5 Loyalist wrote:
I pray our ship doesn't sail into the jaws of the lockosaurus.

I pray that you just let it go, before you join the incredibly small ranks of those who came before you, refused to let it go, and got banned.

What do you expect to change at this point?

One of the following is true:

  • The reason you've been given, that threadlocks are an unbiased action resultant of multiple flags by other readers.

  • Your belief that threadlocks are the result of moderator bias against the topic you're a proponent of.

  • A mix of the two.

Whatever the reason, the thing you need to realize: If you're wrong, nothing is going to change, because the action is even-handed. If you're right, nothing is going to change, because the mods have a bias against specific topics, and, well, they run the show.

Really, your only recourse is to drop it and remain here, or buy Paizo and replace the moderation staff.


TOZ wrote:
aeglos wrote:
kmal2t wrote:
no...its a metaphorical verb to express constant monitoring. If I wanted to get hyperbolic I would say the monitors are like the SS in Nazi Germany.

see, you just did prove that threads are not locked for nothing, what you did there was so damn offensive I don't know what to say

Because of people like you and 3.5Loyalist the mods have to babysit here, it is as simple as this, if you would not be jerks, they would not need to do it, or else these boards would be as ugly as most others

and in case you wonder, I flagged your post

Hey aeglos, I'm thinking of taking German as my minor while I'm studying computer science.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I just thought you'd find it cool.

cool !

you are not much around in FaWtL I noticed, I hope everything is good and well your end of the globe.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
aeglos wrote:

cool !

you are not much around in FaWtL I noticed, I hope everything is good and well your end of the globe.

A lot of travel and visiting family and friends before the fall semester, so quite well!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil Lincoln wrote:
Hey everybody, look at me!

Smite Evil Ex president!!!!!!...Ok, why didn't it work.


Oh no, I might get banned for some posts on questionable and overzealous moderator behaviour. How scary.

I've saved my profile, can scramble my IP (techie friends have some fascinating information to pass along), and have my next name lined up.

Am I meant to be worried? Is this meant to scare me off? Am I meant to apologise less the banhammer descend. "With Scotland yard breathing down my neck. Do me a favour."

On the bias of the mods, kmal has been seeing this for a long time (next step, profiling, lol). I've been more concentrating on the threads shut for tenuous reasons.

To Brian. I actually think kicking up a stink and calling mods out on their poor choices, is how you get some change on forums. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Or maybe they destroy me on the side of the road (no skin off my back, this is online).

We will see how it goes of course, but they have already defended their actions, in some cases lied (on flagging) and made excuses (and commonly, appeals to authority), so the issue is in their heads. Can't ask for much more than that from them, but for each of you to be considering what I have said, and mod behaviour on this forum, even if you come down against me, it will lead to a better site (so I hope).

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

This thread exists as nothing more than an attempt at "suicide by mod." He's pushing for it and already has plans to show up under a new name to rail against the mods.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

It's OK, his unique posting style will give him away.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I have no doubts, Gorby.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't know, maybe one could go for saccharine poisoning?

I'm not always a proponent of killing with kindness, but nothing strikes me as being a better opportunity than an endeavor of grandiose nature seeking to turn the unblinking light of introspection on one who is not necessarily villainous, but most certainly viewable as antagonistic.

Perhaps it is not the sort of petard self-hoisting one would expect, but it could be suitably cathartic nonetheless.

It wouldn't work on me, but only because I have a terrible self-image already and would just use it to shrug off self-reflection. That, and my own boss mechanic requires me to be out-smutted in ways that make me go 'squick'.

And that's not exactly an easy thing to do.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kevin Mack wrote:
If anything 3.5 Loyalists constant restarting of this thread is undermining his own position

I'm thinking about opening three threads, "Ameiko is awesome", "No, Ameiko is really awesome!" and "Just kidding, Ameiko really is like unto a God". I think this will go well.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

The real question is: why do you even *want* to be here?

You literally wear your edition loyalty on your sleeve on a forum devoted to a different incarnation of the game run by a company who has moved on from your preferred ruleset. You obviously find the moderation environment hostile. You manage to always find threads crumbling around you without any introspection that your own negative contributions might have some part to play in it. You engage in thread sabotage against the wishes of the website's owners while they're away and against their stated wishes. And you seem to be at odds with the majority of posters here sympathetic to both the company's ruleset and forum decorum.

So what's here for you? Why not move on to another forum environment where you feel more at home? If booted, why in the world would you go through the trouble to conceal yourself for a return when you're at such odds with every angle?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Not to mention that the mods are not exactly stupid and would probably ban you again as soon as you identify yourself, which given your compulsive behaviour would about take one day or so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
magnuskn wrote:
Kevin Mack wrote:
If anything 3.5 Loyalists constant restarting of this thread is undermining his own position
I'm thinking about opening three threads, "Ameiko is awesome", "No, Ameiko is really awesome!" and "Just kidding, Ameiko really is like unto a God". I think this will go well.

I'd post.

On

All

Three

Threads.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Nah, I'm fine. I know that Ameiko is awesome. And you know. That's enough for me today. :)


OK if you can't see why a thread that was created to attack other posters and another created for no reason than to have a new thread about a topic they were losing I've got no idea what your problem is. Are you here just to cause problems? I mean what's your deal is your life so sad you must come here to start trouble.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
3.5 Loyalist wrote:

Oh no, I might get banned for some posts on questionable and overzealous moderator behaviour. How scary.

I've saved my profile, can scramble my IP (techie friends have some fascinating information to pass along), and have my next name lined up.

Am I meant to be worried? Is this meant to scare me off? Am I meant to apologise less the banhammer descend. "With Scotland yard breathing down my neck. Do me a favour."

On the bias of the mods, kmal has been seeing this for a long time (next step, profiling, lol). I've been more concentrating on the threads shut for tenuous reasons.

To Brian. I actually think kicking up a stink and calling mods out on their poor choices, is how you get some change on forums. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Or maybe they destroy me on the side of the road (no skin off my back, this is online).

We will see how it goes of course, but they have already defended their actions, in some cases lied (on flagging) and made excuses (and commonly, appeals to authority), so the issue is in their heads. Can't ask for much more than that from them, but for each of you to be considering what I have said, and mod behaviour on this forum, even if you come down against me, it will lead to a better site (so I hope).

What's the point? Why is this worth the effort?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
3.5 Loyalist wrote:

To Brian. I actually think kicking up a stink and calling mods out on their poor choices, is how you get some change on forums. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Or maybe they destroy me on the side of the road (no skin off my back, this is online).

We will see how it goes of course, but they have already defended their actions, in some cases lied (on flagging) and made excuses (and commonly, appeals to authority), so the issue is in their heads. Can't ask for much more than that from them, but for each of you to be considering what I have said, and mod behaviour on this forum, even if you come down against me, it will lead to a better site (so I hope).

The thing is, you don't have majority opinion behind you.

The majority opinion, as evidenced in a bunch of these threads, supports the staff and moderation action.

Coupled with the outright fact that moderation here is FAR more lenient than most other RPG fora, you're not doing yourself any favors by repeatedly restarting locked threads on the same topic.

And I say that as someone who has disagreed with more than a couple threadlocks, and someone who believes that moderator bias towards a particular subject has played a decision in a couple of those locks. Even with that, the vast majority of the moderation is even-handed.

You're going to do whatever you're going to do, but like someone else asked, is it really worth it?

If you so vehemently disagree with how the operations here are handled, in what is demonstrably a minority opinion, that you're willing to get banned for the effort, why bother? Why not just find a forum suitable to your tastes?

Or, self-moderate, chill a bit, and contribute to the forum.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

For the love of all that provides divine magical power!
I think it is obvious that
1: Moderators are people
2: People can be inconsistent
3: Nobody likes being loudly and unreasonably criticized repeatedly
4: On a forum with hundreds of thousands of discussions, the three cases he uses as proof constitute zero proof of a pattern.
5: He has chosen a very trivial way to attack people in control because he thinks it is fun and proves his righteousness, and the allure of internet martyrdom proving the truth of his personal persecution by the wicked powers that be is more important than civil behavior or calm introspection.

Do some threads get locked by personal reasons? Probably.
Do some threads get marked because one or two people decided to flag every post? Possibly.
Does the administration really need to defend themselves for every thread locking, and explain the rationale behind their decision? Not at all.

Sometimes they might have a very good reason: personal experience with thousands of similar threads, personal opinion on what is acceptable on the company message boards, people ignoring warnings in the thread, trends they have been noticing as they monitor the thousands of threads.

Paizo Employee Developer

23 people marked this as a favorite.

Removed a bunch of personal attacks on other posters. Such behavior is never acceptable on these forums.

And since this thread was created specifically to be locked, I'll oblige. Have a great weekend, folks, and we'll see you again tomorrow from the office!

51 to 85 of 85 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / Locking Threads on Page 2: Weak Reasons and Locked Threads All Messageboards
Recent threads in Website Feedback