Ultimate Campaign Kingdom Tracking Spreadsheet


Community Use

501 to 550 of 887 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

11 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Bugfix!

Obviously, Lethimer was spot on with noticing that Fame wasn't working right. So I fixed it.

I'm holding off on hosting up my work-in-progress sheet until it's actually in a fit state to use, though I'm willing to share the dropbox link to it to anyone who wants it - send me a PM if you're interested.

Anyway, on to the links!

Ultimate Campaign Excel
Ultimate Campaign Open Office
Ultimate Rulership Excel
Ultimate Rulership Open Office

Yep, that one's been a bug since version 4.4.


This is completely and utterly awesome! When I originally created this sheet, I had never thought so many people would use it and build it up to become such a great tool......

Thanks all! We will actually be playing a kingdom building game again, and I will definitely be using this!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Berhagen, I am standing on the shoulders of giants. Without the amazing work done by you, Zoetrope, Brad Turner, and the numerous people who have used, tested, and suggested improvements, this sheet wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is right now.

So, thank you for getting this started. I've said before that the current incarnation of the sheet would be nothing without the people who have contributed, and I mean it. I will always consider myself to be nothing more than the sheet's caretaker, and one day someone else will take it, and run with it, and make it even more awesome, and I will be proud to have been a part of it.

It is only the requirements of the community use policy that force me to lay any sort of claim to it, and I want to be really clear to everyone: if you have a revised version that improves the sheet, or adds functionality to it that doesn't currently exist, you are more than welcome to do one of two things:

1) Add your version to the community use register in your own right.
2) Send it to me and ask me to use my Community Use Register entry for your work.

The sheet is for us, by us, and I don't want anyone to mistakenly believe that I feel any sort of "ownership".

So, thank you, all, and if you would, please, a round of applause for Berhagen, for starting the sheet off.


BooYah to you all!


Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

This is fantastic, Chemlak!

Question: I'm using rules from Ultimate Rulership, but I want to use the optional rule from Ultimate Campaign where the Leader uses Stat Mod + skill/5 for their rolls.

How do I implement that on the Ultimate Rulership spreadsheet?

Thanks!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

That rule is ready to go: on the Rulers sheet, scroll right. There's a huge list of the relevant skills. Just put the appropriate number of ranks each ruler has in the boxes, and the bonus on the overall sheet will correctly calculate Attribute + 1/5 ranks.


Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So it uses the UCamp optional rule and not the URuler optional rule?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

At the moment, yes. I'm still looking for a non-nightmarish way to be able to toggle between the two optional rules.

As it stands, it's really easy: if you're not using the UCam optional rule, just leave those cells blank. Simple. But differentiating between the UCam and URule optional rules, and telling all the right places in the sheet to use this version or that version, is a pain in the posterior. And, of course, I want to make it easy for everyone, so a nice simple dropdown in one place will be order of the day, but it'll make the calculations elsewhere more complex (basically a bunch of IF statements).

Yes, I do have a way to do it, but it will involve rewriting a lot of stuff to make it work properly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Due to a thread in the kingmaker forum, I'm going to be taking a stab at this later on today, including a variant option which will provide the better bonus between attributes only and Skills only. Expect an update at some point later today. I think there's a couple of bug fixes, too, if I can remember where they all are.

I have the modifications I need to do all mapped out in my head, just need to make them work under my design philosophy.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Update!

Ultimate Rulership 5.4h - Leadership bonuses.

Excel version
Open Office Version

This is mostly me being a bit cheeky, but I read a post by Tarondor where he said

Tarondor wrote:
I might prefer a system whereby you get the better of your ability modifier or 1/3 your skill ranks as a bonus. But none of the various kingdom-building spreadsheets would work with such a house rule and I don't want to build my own.

Not one to pass up a challenge, I brought this feature forward, and expanded upon it to include that houserule (well, close enough) as one of the options.

I didn't rigorously test this, so let me know of any errors that crop up (the most likely place is in low-attribute leaders).


Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

You sir, are awesome! I stand corrected.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My pleasure. And it's a logical extension of the URule optional rule, which is why I feel justified in including it for everyone.

It did involve some fundamental changes to the way the bonus is displayed on the Overall sheet for Consort, Heir, and Viceroy roles - the halving of their attribute benefit is now calculated before the final stage, so displays more logically (IMO), and the logic surrounding which option is in use was a real pain to get right, but I think the end result is worth it. I might have some expansion/correction work to do to ensure that the attribute bonuses are being assigned properly, but my rough-and-ready testing of all of the options came out looking right at first glance. (For anyone interested in looking at the guts of what I did, unprotect the Ruler sheet and Unhide a bunch of columns off to the right of the data entry cells: all three "official" options are being calculated, then the logic determines whether to ignore any of them, add them, or take "best of".)


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Chemlak, I've been using your Ultimate Campaign spreadsheet v5.2i for some time now.

Because of some of my PbP GM's house rules, I've had a need to add +1,500 people to the population of the kingdom (which consists of only one settlement).

I've tried adding in a new cell myself with some success, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect on the settlement's size (town, city, metropolis, etc.). I could add 10,000 people to the settlement, and though the population number changes, the size doesn't.

How might I correct this?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Good question. Got to apply for a passport, then I'll figure it out.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Okay, unprotect the city sheets, select them all, and unlock cell F4. (I would then put a border around it, but that's just for appearance.)

In cell D4 add +F4 to the end of the formula. Type the adjustment for population that you want into cell F4. That should do the job.

The check for settlement type uses the value showing in D4 against the Core Rules settlement population ranges (and before you ask, yes, it does include all settlement varieties, even those that won't normally fall out of the UCam rules, like Hamlets). It will fail if you make a settlement with a population in excess of 100,000,000. I had to set the limit somewhere.

If none of that works, it means there's a big difference in settlement type calculation between 5.2i and the latest version. Let me know, I'll PM you my email address, and sort it for you.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I successfully transferred everything to the newer Ultimate Campaign v5.3g Excel sheet.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ravingdork wrote:
I successfully transferred everything to the newer Ultimate Campaign v5.3g Excel sheet.

D'oh! Figured it out. Give me a little while.

Edit: Okay, the solution really depends on the GM's houserules. Can you give me a short explanation as to why the settlement population needs to be bumped?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm away from the sheet right now, but here's why I ask:

The cell with the settlement type displayed is looking at a cell that's hidden way off to the right. That cell only counts lots. That cell is also used to figure out the settlement modifiers. Two cells to the left (AN6, I think) is a cell that checks the population and gives a settlement size based on that. So, if you tell the settlement type cell to be =AN6 instead of =AP6, it will work with an added cell for population in F4 added into D4. But if you do this, the sheet will still be basing the settlement modifiers off the settlement type calculated by lot use. If you want the settlement modifiers to actually reflect the settlement type you're now generating, you need to make more changes, both to the city sheet, but also the drop down sheet. You can do a replace job on all references to AP4 and change them to AN4, but that will give you core rules settlement modifiers (from the GMG), not the UCam ones. To fix that, you need a houseruled table of settlement modifiers in the UCam format, but based on population rather than lots, and cell AN4 needs altering so that the IF statements meet the right thresholds and provide the right modifiers.

Pretty trivial, and I'm more than happy to work up a sheet for you, but to do that I need to know how deep I need to make the changes.


Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I have a question too. Why is it that adding Houses doesn't seem to lower Unrest? Am I doing it wrong?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Because...

Quote:
Kingdom: Building modifiers to Economy, Loyalty, and Stability stack, affect your entire kingdom, and are ongoing from turn to turn. Modifiers to Unrest occur once when the building is completed. This category also lists any bonuses to Fame (see Fame and Infamy) from having the building.

Since its a one-off alteration, you have to do it manually.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Chemlak wrote:

I'm away from the sheet right now, but here's why I ask:

The cell with the settlement type displayed is looking at a cell that's hidden way off to the right. That cell only counts lots. That cell is also used to figure out the settlement modifiers. Two cells to the left (AN6, I think) is a cell that checks the population and gives a settlement size based on that. So, if you tell the settlement type cell to be =AN6 instead of =AP6, it will work with an added cell for population in F4 added into D4. But if you do this, the sheet will still be basing the settlement modifiers off the settlement type calculated by lot use. If you want the settlement modifiers to actually reflect the settlement type you're now generating, you need to make more changes, both to the city sheet, but also the drop down sheet. You can do a replace job on all references to AP4 and change them to AN4, but that will give you core rules settlement modifiers (from the GMG), not the UCam ones. To fix that, you need a houseruled table of settlement modifiers in the UCam format, but based on population rather than lots, and cell AN4 needs altering so that the IF statements meet the right thresholds and provide the right modifiers.

Pretty trivial, and I'm more than happy to work up a sheet for you, but to do that I need to know how deep I need to make the changes.

I didn't realize there was a difference between settlement sizes in the Core rules and UC rules. I thought it was always based on the population tables, and that the tables were the same.

When we teamed up with the kobolds and destroyed the mites in our game, the GM ruled that over 1,500 kobolds moved into our kingdom, and they've been multiplying ever since.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Okay, so you need a sheet that allows the added population, and correctly reflects the new settlement size. How do you want the settlement modifiers handling? GMG or UCam? Either is doable, but GMG is easier.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I'm still not clear on how they differ. Aren't they the same rules printed in two locations?

The only difference I can find is that the Economy stat got renamed to "Productivity," presumably to avoid confusion with the Kingdom rules' Economy stat.

Can't you just have a formula like the following?

(L x 250) + X = Population; check population for settlement size

L = Lots

X = Homebrew static number or formula (1500 in my case)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The GMG rules give a blanket modifier depending upon the settlement type, ranging from -4 (Thorp) to +4 (Metropolis). Settlement type is solely determined by the population.

UCam gives a similar modifier, ranging from -4 (Village) (which was -1 in the GMG rules) to +1 per district (Large cities and Metropoli) (+2 and +4 respectively in the GMG rules). Settlement type is determined solely by the number of lots in use.

So, under the GMG rules, (Lx250)+X = population is a completely valid format, and is very easy for me to write into the sheet (I just need to change a couple of cell references, since I purposefully left the GMG calculation and formulae in the sheet, just in case).

However, under the UCam rules, it needs to be L + (X/D) = Modified Lots (where D equals the population density figure from the Kingdom tab, defaults to 250). Modified Lots is then used to calculate the settlement type per the UCam rules.

Not a big deal, just a bit more fiddly.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Chemlak wrote:

The GMG rules give a blanket modifier depending upon the settlement type, ranging from -4 (Thorp) to +4 (Metropolis). Settlement type is solely determined by the population.

UCam gives a similar modifier, ranging from -4 (Village) (which was -1 in the GMG rules) to +1 per district (Large cities and Metropoli) (+2 and +4 respectively in the GMG rules). Settlement type is determined solely by the number of lots in use.

First, where are you getting those alternate settlement modifiers from in Ultimate Campaign? Except for those given by specific buildings in the Kingdom rules, I can't seem to find any mention of them.

Second, wouldn't the modifiers from the two books be cumulative (that, is, you use them both) rather than mutually exclusive? To my knowledge, there is nothing that says you use one, but not the other, or that one trumps the other. How do you know for certain that your interpretation is the correct one intended by the game developers?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's one of the optional Kingdom rules: Settlement sizes.

And as for how I know what the developers intended about whether to stack them or use one or the other... I PMd Jason Nelson and asked him before I put that on the sheet.

Dark Archive

Perhaps this has been already answered, but how can i make visible the other Army Sheets? (Army2, Army3). Even when i copy or create a new sheet i am not able to access it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

There are 8 hidden Army sheets (2-9) all set up. You need to Unhide those sheets to use them. In Excel, Format>Hide and Unhide>Unhide sheet, and pick Army 2 from the dialog box that comes up, click OK.

I can't quite remember what the menu options are in Open Office, I'm afraid, if that's what you use.

Liberty's Edge

I was wondering if there was an update to the project. Just looking to keep communication lines open.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

No updates at the moment, I'm afraid (unless someone else does one).

Real life and a few other things have eaten up a load of my time, so not been able to dedicate the time I need to get a proper update done.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Chemlak!

I encountered what appears to be an error in UCam v5.3.

I had a huge army of 2nd-level fighters, which had a consumption rating of 2 (eating up 8 BP each kingdom month while active).

However, when I added the ranged weapons resource, its consumption skyrocketed to 6, rather than 3 like the rules say (ranged weapons should add +1 consumption, not +4).

Now my kingdom is sucking up 24 monthly consumption rather than the expected 12. Something clearly is not right here.

What went wrong? Can it be fixed?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Likely my fault the last time I fiddled with armies (I know I "fixed" some things in that area).

I'll take a look after my game in a couple of hours.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like it's correct: huge army has a x4 resource consumption multiplier.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Holy cow. How is anyone supposed to field an army with anything at all?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's cheaper than fielding five medium level 2 fighter armies with ranged weapons: consumption 10, same number of soldiers.

But yeah, war isn't cheap.

The trick, of course, is to garrison them, which turns the weekly cost into a monthly cost, but they lose the ability to move. That should be possible by switching Active to No.

Also... I just spent a very productive hour talking to my spreadsheet adviser, and we came up with a HUGE enhancement idea for the sheet, which will enable me to do everything I want more easily, and (eventually) eliminate the need for me to maintain separate UCam and URule sheets.

I want to get URule finished, first, before I tackle all the legacy stuff, but I'm hoping you all like the results.

(Vigour renewed, I'm now itching to tackle some of the more daunting problems which have been trivialised by this enhancement.)

Dark Archive

There seems to be an issue on the Open Office last version file: When calculating the leadership scores (using Ultimate Campaign Core rules) it is listing some wrong values.

For example:

Alyan Finn (Paladin, Ruler)

STR 16
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 17

When selecting him as a ruler, it should provide a +3 Bonus to Economy (due to his Charisma) but it is currently providing a +2.

Johan Cross (Rogue, Royal Enforcer)

STR 14
DEX 19
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 10

When selecting him as a ruler, it should provide a +4 Bonus to Loyalty (due to his Dexterity) but it is currently providing a +2.

Kesten Garess (Fighter, Warden)

STR 17
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 14

When selecting him as Warden, it should provide a +3 Bonus to Loyalty (due to his Strenght) but it is currently providing a +1.

Lastly, even if i change the stats on the Rulers label, the leadership scores will remain (mostly) the same.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Chemlak wrote:

It's cheaper than fielding five medium level 2 fighter armies with ranged weapons: consumption 10, same number of soldiers.

But yeah, war isn't cheap.

The trick, of course, is to garrison them, which turns the weekly cost into a monthly cost, but they lose the ability to move. That should be possible by switching Active to No.

Yeah, we're working on building the garrison now as we speak. That still won't help much once we get our colossal kobold hoard up and running later though...

Also, it looked to me like the "Active" drop down menu in your sheet took the army out of the calculations altogether, not just put them on reserve status. You may want to consider having the drop down menu give three options: active, non-active, reserve.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ravingdork wrote:
Chemlak wrote:

It's cheaper than fielding five medium level 2 fighter armies with ranged weapons: consumption 10, same number of soldiers.

But yeah, war isn't cheap.

The trick, of course, is to garrison them, which turns the weekly cost into a monthly cost, but they lose the ability to move. That should be possible by switching Active to No.

Yeah, we're working on building the garrison now as we speak. That still won't help much once we get our colossal kobold hoard up and running later though...

Also, it looked to me like the "Active" drop down menu in your sheet took the army out of the calculations altogether, not just put them on reserve status. You may want to consider having the drop down menu give three options: active, non-active, reserve.

I'll do even better than that. ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kord_Avatar wrote:

There seems to be an issue on the Open Office last version file: When calculating the leadership scores (using Ultimate Campaign Core rules) it is listing some wrong values.

For example:

Alyan Finn (Paladin, Ruler)

STR 16
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 17

When selecting him as a ruler, it should provide a +3 Bonus to Economy (due to his Charisma) but it is currently providing a +2.

Johan Cross (Rogue, Royal Enforcer)

STR 14
DEX 19
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 10

When selecting him as a ruler, it should provide a +4 Bonus to Loyalty (due to his Dexterity) but it is currently providing a +2.

Kesten Garess (Fighter, Warden)

STR 17
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 14

When selecting him as Warden, it should provide a +3 Bonus to Loyalty (due to his Strenght) but it is currently providing a +1.

Lastly, even if i change the stats on the Rulers label, the leadership scores will remain (mostly) the same.

Which of the leadership options do you have selected in the drop down at the top of the Rulers tab?

Edit. D'oh! It's in your very first sentence. I'll take a look later, see if I can replicate the problem.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Kord, I can only duplicated that result if the rules version is Ultimate Rulership Optional, rather than Ultimate Campaign Core.

If that's definitely not the problem, feel free to email me a copy of your sheet: my user name at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Thanks!


dot


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Chemlak, I noticed that when I added a new district to our city, it increased consumption by 1. I can't seem to find a rule anywhere to support that consumption increase. It's a new district, not a whole new city/settlement.

In fact, I can't seem to find a rule that says districts (or cities for that matter) cost additional consumption at all.

Would you please either cite the relevant rule for me, or else fix the sheet's formula?

Also, I still can't put an army on reserve it would seem. It's causing me to have to ad hoc a bunch of numbers, which I hate doing.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Alright. I found the rule that says to add your kingdom size and number of settlements. Still don't see anything for districts.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It's so well hidden, it's unreal, but...

Designer comment.


Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Started a thread on the ruling's officiality in the hopes of, well, making it more official and easier to find.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Obviously I've already commented and added my FAQ to the first post. I'd like to urge everyone who follows this thread to FAQ RD's post in that thread as well.

Thanks!

Lantern Lodge

Thanks Chemlak for all this. My party just started kingdom building and the party is very impress by the tracking sheet.

By the way, I'm not certain over the district consumption, but it is house ruled in my game, as it does make sense for a larger city to make use of more resources for maintenance.


Love the work! Amazing, amazing, amazing! I have noticed, though, that the city settlements start at village ratings rather than hamlet ratings? Is that intentional? Also I can't find where to give the villages their own alignment rating?

Anyway, still amazed by the sheer amount of work that would have gone into this!


laraqua wrote:

Love the work! Amazing, amazing, amazing! I have noticed, though, that the city settlements start at village ratings rather than hamlet ratings? Is that intentional? Also I can't find where to give the villages their own alignment rating?

Hi Iaraqua,

I agree with you - Chemlak (& others, as he'd never claim sole coolness
for this project) has done a GREAT job! :)

Don't know about the hamlet vs village thing, well, except perhaps for
the fact that hamlets are a population of 21-60, & a general minimum
population for a settlement improvement you're building using the
spreadsheet is 250...automatically putting it into 'village' status.

I'd suggest that (at the moment anyway) there are no individual alignments...
This is a Kingdom building tool, which is a different mechanic than what
has been offered up for other settlements...which can have their own alignments,
settlement modifiers etc.

The 2 can work together, but they need a bit of work to mesh properly.
To do that, you'd need to assign them & track them individually. No
idea if Chemlak is working on this, but I'd suggest that if he is,
it may be behind other priorities he has & would take some time...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

<.<
>.>

Settlement alignment options might be hiding in my feature list somewhere...

501 to 550 of 887 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Community Use / Ultimate Campaign Kingdom Tracking Spreadsheet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.