Pax Aeternum's Meet & Greet June 22


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

That is right! We are going to have a nice Meet and Greet, and talk about things PfO. We are opening it up to the public, to allow you to meet the Officer's and everyone else interested in PfO at Pax. We will be starting at 9EDT.

On our list of things to discuss are:
The Nation of Aeternum and YOU
Settlement: Current Thoughts
Gobbocast: The Future of, and How You Can Contribute! Are you interested?
Official Holidays of the Kingdom of Aeternum
Attracting Community Interest outside of Pax
Evil Characters: Thoughts?
Pax Aeternum Foundry Missions: Say what!?!

Hope to see you there!

Goblin Squad Member

Bjorn (sorry...I don't know how to make the snappy double dots over the "o"),

Where will this be held? Pax TS3? PFO Fan TS? The Pax website shoutbox?

If any of these places, people who do not currently know the "addresses" nor have permissions/passwords will need to acquire them if this is going to be an open event, or had you planned to post this information closer to the 22nd?

As for me, I look forward to it and praise Pax for reaching beyond it's existing membership to promote a sense of community and provide a more complete look into Pax.

Hobs

Goblin Squad Member

Hi Hobs.

This will hosted on Pax's Ts3 server, and will be open to both our freemen members and the PFO community.

The link below is accessible whether you are signed on our website or not (I checked to make sure) and has the relevant teamspeak information.

http://www.paxgaming.com/index.php?threads/teamspeak-3-information.1/

Permissions can be granted through contacting our leadership list here:

http://www.paxgaming.com/index.php?threads/pax-aeternum-roster.33/

You can also post your TS handle here and we can move you into the channel at or before the event.

Goblin Squad Member

Dak,

Nice to see you still lurking about. *waves*

Goblin Squad Member

I will certainly attend, and invite as many if my company as can make an appearance as well.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

I'm sorry to say I will miss it, but I already have plans with RL friends that evening. It's a shame, as I've enjoyed chatting with ZenPagan and would have liked talking to more of the Pax community.

Good luck, though, and enjoy!

Goblin Squad Member

I'm going to be out of town with in-laws, so I too must decline. It did sound interesting.

Goblin Squad Member

Hobs the Short wrote:

Dak,

Nice to see you still lurking about. *waves*

I love you Hobs, so very much.

Goblin Squad Member

It should be acknowledged that opening the meet & greet to the community is an outstanding act of constructiveness that should be a great benefit to the community and therefore the game.

No promises, but I will try to make it.

Goblin Squad Member

Dak Thunderkeg wrote:
I love you Hobs, so very much.

As much as me??

Goblin Squad Member

Dak Thunderkeg wrote:
...This will hosted on Pax's Ts3 server, and will be open to both our freemen members and the PFO community.

Fremen? Are stilsuits required or will this be held in a water reservoir deep beneath Arrakis?

Goblin Squad Member

Poor Nihimon. "So very much" sounds like there's enough to share. I'll divide it into portions...like cake.

Goblin Squad Member

Hobs the Short wrote:
Poor Nihimon. "So very much" sounds like there's enough to share. I'll divide it into portions...like cake.

Oh, I'm not jealous or anything, just playing with Dak. We have a history :)

I love you, Nihimon.
That said I still love you so very much, Nihimon. Know that when I am not here I will forever be nestled in your heart place.
I still love you Nihimon. It makes me sad you never return my calls, wandering in here like a vagrant stranger. I keep forgiving you, but it breaks my heart, it does.

That one spawned a little back and forth which culminated in something that will forever warm my heart place :)

Nihimon wrote:
Dak Thunderkeg wrote:
Nihimon wrote:
Call Me!
Yer Gervin Mah Gersberms
Err... Mah... Gerd!
What words cannot express, Nihimon.

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Hobs the Short wrote:
Poor Nihimon. "So very much" sounds like there's enough to share. I'll divide it into portions...like cake.

Oh, I'm not jealous or anything, just playing with Dak. We have a history :)

I love you, Nihimon.
That said I still love you so very much, Nihimon. Know that when I am not here I will forever be nestled in your heart place.
I still love you Nihimon. It makes me sad you never return my calls, wandering in here like a vagrant stranger. I keep forgiving you, but it breaks my heart, it does.

That one spawned a little back and forth which culminated in something that will forever warm my heart place :)

Nihimon wrote:
Dak Thunderkeg wrote:
Nihimon wrote:
Call Me!
Yer Gervin Mah Gersberms
Err... Mah... Gerd!
What words cannot express, Nihimon.

I'm not even going to try to figure this out...... Sometimes there is bliss in confusion.

Goblin Squad Member

Yeah...I didn't know there was that much history...

Goblin Squad Member

Don't you dare judge me!

Don't...you...dare..

:)

Goblin Squad Member

So much judgement....so much fun!

I will do my best to attend as well

Goblin Squad Member

If I make it I'll bring a gavel and wear my robe of jurisprudence.

Goblin Squad Member

Well I think this meeting just got very interesting!!

Goblin Squad Member

Seriously, I have never had as much silly / well meaning trolling as I did in that quote.

I usually only get that type of humor from Lyon. It was pretty epic :)

Goblin Squad Member

Dak Thunderkeg wrote:

Seriously, I have never had as much silly / well meaning trolling as I did in that quote.

I usually only get that type of humor from Lyon. It was pretty epic :)

Yeah, it was pretty epic for me, too, and obviously made a pretty big impression in a very good way :)

Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Dak Thunderkeg wrote:

Seriously, I have never had as much silly / well meaning trolling as I did in that quote.

I usually only get that type of humor from Lyon. It was pretty epic :)

Yeah, it was pretty epic for me, too, and obviously made a pretty big impression in a very good way :)

It is nice to be able to not take ourselves seriously every so often. We are the community we make, after all :)

Goblin Squad Member

Dak Thunderkeg wrote:
Nihimon wrote:
Dak Thunderkeg wrote:

Seriously, I have never had as much silly / well meaning trolling as I did in that quote.

I usually only get that type of humor from Lyon. It was pretty epic :)

Yeah, it was pretty epic for me, too, and obviously made a pretty big impression in a very good way :)

It is nice to be able to not take ourselves seriously every so often. We are the community we make, after all :)

My the gods help us all.....

Goblin Squad Member

I'll try my best to make it as well, Dak.
But time does keep being a fickle mistress these days :)

Hope as many as possible from the rest of the community here can make it!

Goblin Squad Member

I shall attend if my attention is not drawn elsewhere first...<sinks back into the shadows>

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The following list of agenda items were thrown up on a tree in Echo Woods:

Quote:

On our list of things to discuss are:

The Nation of Aeternum and YOU
Settlement: Current Thoughts
Gobbocast: The Future of, and How You Can Contribute! Are you interested?
Official Holidays of the Kingdom of Aeternum
Attracting Community Interest outside of Pax
Evil Characters: Thoughts?
Pax Aeternum Foundry Missions: Say what!?!

I have an interest in your Kingdom's settlement proposals.

I have an interest in either assisting in future Gobbocast podcasts or editorial posts. I would also love to get more of my members to participate in any future round table discussions, particularly those dealing with bandits and it assassins.

Holidays!!! Yes, I would love to have celebrated, perhaps in your kingdom, a holiday dedicated to debauchery, mayhem and full frontal nudity!

I have evil thoughts, as a character trait. Not sure if that makes me evil.

Foundry Missions... If they are good I will do them. If they are great, I will recommend them. If they are truly epic, I may even purchase them.


I sent a copy to your forums to ensure all you evil people knew they could come and show off their warts,ginger bread cottages and cackle manically at us

Goblin Squad Member

Now I'm hungry.

Goblin Squad Member

I cannot attend - darn! It will be about 4:00 am in Greece, so I will most probably be sound asleep!
A pity, 'cause it sounded as a good chance to hear you guys (and gals) talk pfo.
Have fun, and let us know of any juicy details!


@Darth_Panic

The time issue for europeans has been raised internally Darth and I believe this may be addressed somewhat in some future meets.

Also a small bump to remind everyone as the meet and greet is tonight

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

I'll try to make it, though I recently did a complete system format and reinstall, so I'm getting my TS3 set up again. My nickname there is the same as here.

Goblin Squad Member

I'll try to stop by for the beginning part, but I have plans later though. I am very interested in some of the conversations that will take place :D. My handle will be the same as on here, Tigari.

Goblin Squad Member

This was way too complicated on short notice without even knowing how long this lasts. DO you really intend to exclude people older that you parents. If you want people to attend, you need earlier more "in you face" notices and be world specific for your times. I do not know what trojans and viruses I have loaded doing this. And it still does not work!


@Lam

I am not sure I am understanding your complaint. Dealing with your points individually

We gave 6 days notice for this. How long do you think would have been reasonable? We also kept the thread on the front page all that time.

Yes we could try and convert for all time zones and I will suggest that in future we try and spell out what time it is in various zones and yes we can in future put in expected running times.

I am not however sure what you mean by "DO you really intend to exclude people older that you parents"

Nor am I sure what your references to trojans and viruses is, I am assuming it is a reference to Teamspeak. This should be a straightforward download and run app which is in common use in the MMO community. Assuming you downloaded from the Teamspeak site you should have no problems with trojans and viruses.

As to it not working if you were more specific as to what is happening people who know teamspeak may be able to help you get it set up

Goblin Squad Member

Sorry I was unable to be there for it: had a tourney I was focused on.

Goblin Squad Member

Not to speak for Pax, but passing on some of what was said last evening:

1. This was not a one time event, so if you missed last evening's meeting, they intend on having more.

2. Krow mentioned that there would be more lead time in the future. If this becomes a regular event, it will be something you can schedule for in advance.

3. Offering other times for players in various time zones was also mentioned.

To this community-minded player, it was a very heartfelt attempt to explain what Pax's plans are in PFO, how other groups might benefit from those plans, and a chance for non-Pax players to ask questions about their guild. They mentioned several other very generous announcements/invitations they plan on making that will benefit the community, but I'll leave it to them to decide the time and place to make those public.

Goblin Squad Member

An interesting meeting, and I look forward to future meetings.

Pax's concept of a nation, rather than a kingdom, is still a bit unclear. With the introduction of the nomenclature of "venture company" vs. "charter company", and the statement that players can belong in up to three venture companies, I believe this may have led to some confusion.

I still see a "Venture Company" as being equally persistent as a "Charter Company", only difference in my mind is that a CC requires a settlement to sanction them.

The UnNamed Company will be a venture company; it will be persistent; it will be free of permanent entanglements with any settlement.

This basically means that we will commit acts of banditry, theft and murder against anyone, regardless of company or settlement, unless under contract to do otherwise.

There is nothing personal in our actions. We are driven by greed, and the adherence to the River Freedoms (particularly, "You Have What You Hold"). We will be role playing our alignment, which is generally Chaotic Neutral and in some cases Chaotic Evil. Although we do honor our contracts, a lawful trait, in this our motivation of greed trumps our chaotic alignment.

I look forward to seeing how the politics of settlements, kingdoms and nations pan out. One of the devs described what they are hoping for, that the River Kingdoms will be like the "Wild West". If you read the River Kingdoms source book, you will see a vast majority of the kingdoms are settled by Chaotic Neutral settlements, ruled by CN leaders.

I welcome the "Wild West"! My venture company can make a lot of coin in that environment.

Goblin Squad Member

Bluddwolf wrote:

An interesting meeting, and I look forward to future meetings.

Pax's concept of a nation, rather than a kingdom, is still a bit unclear. With the introduction of the nomenclature of "venture company" vs. "charter company", and the statement that players can belong in up to three venture companies, I believe this may have led to some confusion.

I still see a "Venture Company" as being equally persistent as a "Charter Company", only difference in my mind is that a CC requires a settlement to sanction them.

The UnNamed Company will be a venture company; it will be persistent; it will be free of permanent entanglements with any settlement.

This basically means that we will commit acts of banditry, theft and murder against anyone, regardless of company or settlement, unless under contract to do otherwise.

There is nothing personal in our actions. We are driven by greed, and the adherence to the River Freedoms (particularly, "You Have What You Hold"). We will be role playing our alignment, which is generally Chaotic Neutral and in some cases Chaotic Evil. Although we do honor our contracts, a lawful trait, in this our motivation of greed trumps our chaotic alignment.

I look forward to seeing how the politics of settlements, kingdoms and nations pan out. One of the devs described what they are hoping for, that the River Kingdoms will be like the "Wild West". If you read the River Kingdoms source book, you will see a vast majority of the kingdoms are settled by Chaotic Neutral settlements, ruled by CN leaders.

I welcome the "Wild West"! My venture company can make a lot of coin in that environment.

Indeed, Bluddwolf. The introduction of the terminology of both Nation and Venture Company has thrown a bit of a monkey wrench in our own naming terminology. Initially, the Nation of Aeternum is a representation of not only Pax Aeternum membership (known as Freemen), but our Sponsored Companies and Settlements as well. National entities therefor are Pax and our closest friends who have made our friendship 'official' via formal agreements.

Those agreements and our structure can be found in more depth on the Pax Gaming Wiki, specifically: http://www.paxgaming.com/index.php?wiki/pax-aeternum/

Venture and Chartered Companies I'm still wrapping my head around, but the ability to have three venture companies tied to a specific character (two that are not tied to a settlement) affords us further customization with our structure, and that's always a good thing!

Looking forward to the interactions between the UnNamed and Aeternum; they won't always be friendly, but they will keep both sides interested in the long run ;)

Goblin Squad Member

Hobs the Short wrote:

Not to speak for Pax, but passing on some of what was said last evening:

1. This was not a one time event, so if you missed last evening's meeting, they intend on having more.

2. Krow mentioned that there would be more lead time in the future. If this becomes a regular event, it will be something you can schedule for in advance.

3. Offering other times for players in various time zones was also mentioned.

To this community-minded player, it was a very heartfelt attempt to explain what Pax's plans are in PFO, how other groups might benefit from those plans, and a chance for non-Pax players to ask questions about their guild. They mentioned several other very generous announcements/invitations they plan on making that will benefit the community, but I'll leave it to them to decide the time and place to make those public.

Hobs captured the heart and soul of this Meet and Greet. We were pleased to have you and other influential members of the Paizo forums in attendance!

As to the announcements and invitations, those should be getting their own little thread here fairly soon...

Goblin Squad Member

Being wrote:
Sorry I was unable to be there for it: had a tourney I was focused on.

No worries Being, I hope that next month's M&G will be posted weeks in advance so that everyone has a chance to attend!

Goblin Squad Member

Lam wrote:
This was way too complicated on short notice without even knowing how long this lasts. DO you really intend to exclude people older that you parents. If you want people to attend, you need earlier more "in you face" notices and be world specific for your times. I do not know what trojans and viruses I have loaded doing this. And it still does not work!

I think Pagan addressed many of the concerns, but let me reiterate some of the points.

This was not meant to exclude anyone; in fact, we wanted just about everyone to attend. If it meant I had to pay to up our TS3 Server Capacity, I'd have gladly laid down that money.

Future meetings will be announced well in advance so there is no more concern about last minute notice, and we will include your suggestions of multiple timezones to make it easier for those across the world.

We are also looking at the time of the Meet and Greet to find the 'sweet spot' that's not too early in the day for one side of the community but not too late in the night for the other side.

This is a learning process for us, but we realized that Meet and Greets should not be contained to just Pax membership; this needs to be a community initiative, and we will continue to pursue that until well after Early Enrollment is upon us.

Goblin Squad Member

I just wanted to put the stomp down on any misguided and unauthorized ideas that the UnNamed Company will be a venture company, charter company or shadow company of any charter company / settlement.

The UnNamed Company is an independent, venture company, and is fully dedicated banditry, theft and assassination.

Very early on, like DAY ONE!!!, I have made no bones about it. I want to steal your stuff!! It's not because I'm mean spirited, or I want to pee in your cereal. It is because I get a thrill from engaging in meaningful PVP, and player theft is my vehicle.

Some may feel that this has painted a "big, red, target" on our backs. As a venture company, The UnNamed Company is open to all adventurers to come and go as they please. We do not hide our intentions, and so we have nothing to fear of spies, or of players coming and going from our ranks. Being a bandit, dedicated to PVP, and a life on the fringe is not meant for the weak of heart or the sound minded. Being a member of the UnNamed Company also requires that you embrace the freedom to act in your own self interest.

That last point may be alien to your thinking. The UnNamed Company is not your traditionally run guild. Its foundation is Greed and Freedom. The UnNamed Company will have no settlement that it is tied to. It will have no friendship that is not contracted for. There will be no safety from our raids, unless we are under contract. We will take a contract to work against any settlement, large or small. Our only loyalty is to the coin, and the condition of freedom that it can buy. Yes, gold can buy freedom of action.

Before this becomes too much of a wall of text. Short version:

1. We are independent

2. We are a threat

3. We are in your face about it

4. We want your stuff

5. We are here to provide the PFO community its boogey man.

We are the shadow behind the tree, or down the alley way. When we rob you, was it because we were bored? Was it because you were our independently chosen target? Or, did someone you know hire us to attack you? Was our employer, your greatest known rival? Or, was it your second-in-command, trying to show you are a weak leader and can't protect your own assets?

Food for thought.. LOL

Goblin Squad Member

Bluddwolf wrote:

I just wanted to put the stomp down on any misguided and unauthorized ideas that the UnNamed Company will be a venture company, charter company or shadow company of any charter company / settlement.

The UnNamed Company is an independent, venture company, and is fully dedicated banditry, theft and assassination.

The Hounds of the Bloodwolf Clan and the Mercenaries of the Stalwart Shield will do their best to crush you and your villains, Bludd, and the Gods forbid you find yourself in front of the might of a cohort of Corpus Aeternum Knights.

Just in case there was any concern ;)

Goblin Squad Member

Before it gets too out of hand, I welcome any and all to the Unnamed Company's CC thread to continue this. This thread was not meant (to my understanding) as a place for a discussion as specific as this. Thank you for your time and sorry for the minor thread jack.

Side note, I am sorry I was unable to attend as I got the date mixed up (but it turns out I was busy anyway.) I hope to be more "on the ball" for the next meet. Untill next time.

Goblin Squad Member

Looking forward to it, Milo! We'll make sure the next M&G Date is announced well in advance.

Goblin Squad Member

Ezekial Krows wrote:

The Hounds of the Bloodwolf Clan and the Mercenaries of the Stalwart Shield will do their best to crush you and your villains, Bludd, and the Gods forbid you find yourself in front of the might of a cohort of Corpus Aeternum Knights.

Just in case there was any concern ;)

Ooh... So many impressive names, they sound dangerous. It will be a fun game that we play, that much is certain.

In the end, I have one other certainty in mind.... You will eventually have a greater enemy than we bandits, and you will pay us to visit upon your enemy our services.

You can evoke the names of the Gods all you like, in the end there is only one God of men. He corrupts the pious, destroys the wicked and can never satisfy the greedy. But, we all worship him, openly or secretly, with the same fervor.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Now THAT's the kind of Community Building we need to see more of ;)

Goblin Squad Member

Ezekial Krows wrote:
Being wrote:
Sorry I was unable to be there for it: had a tourney I was focused on.
No worries Being, I hope that next month's M&G will be posted weeks in advance so that everyone has a chance to attend!

<beams>The gracious are remembered and spoken of.

Goblin Squad Member

Hey, Sorry I was only able to attend for such a short amount of time. I was looking forward to the discussions to take place. On that note, have the recording/notes been posted. I haven't been able to search due to a lack of time, and am being rushed this moment. Hoping to return and listen to the recording if possible!

-Tigari, The Poisoned blade
"May the Shadow ever guard you from the light"

Goblinworks Founder

Was the meet and greet recorded?

1 to 50 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Pax Aeternum's Meet & Greet June 22 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.