PaizoCon 2013 Events Schedule!


PaizoCon General Discussion

1 to 50 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've got all the events so far up on the schedule and you should be able to view it here. Feel free to browse through things to see whats there. Please note however, this is subject to change if discrepancies show up that need to get corrected. We currently estimate that we will start allowing users to register their lottery preferences on Tuesday, June 5th.

If you are the person who has an event on this schedule and you notice an error with your listing, please email me asap. I will be making any corrections that come up on Monday. (sara.marie at paizo.com)

If you don't have any events on there but still notice errors on the schedule you can post them in the below thread.

If you would still like to run a registered open (non-lotteried) event, I will be posting open slots at some point next week which will be available to GM's on a first come basis. Hopefully seeing the events we have so far will be useful in planning things. Please note, there will be open gaming rooms for people to arrange any non-registered games or to play pick of games.

Thanks!
Sara Marie

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns Subscriber

With this being my first PaizoCon pardon my ignorance, but can you explain to me how the lottery system works? Do I need to select a certain order of preferences per day? for the whole Con? Help please!?!

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.

We will explain it in detail when we open it up for registering your preferences Tuesday June 4.

Silver Crusade

Hey Sarah, I noticed that there is no PFS event sign ups is that going to be different when will we see that schedule?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

That's a different schedule . I don't have a timeline at the moment.

Liberty's Edge Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks, Sara Marie. I'm sincerely hoping I can move my "unofficial" demo games for Clockwork Gnome into a more "official" schedule. :)

Grand Lodge

Thanks! Been waiting for this.

There are very few sessions for a 10 year old in this schedule. Looks like about the only option for my 10 year old and I to play together on here is NeoExodus (and one he could do on Friday, but is not intended for me ... for 9-16 year olds "Just because I am 11 ...")

What are the age ratings on the coming PFS schedule?

Or, another question, how hard and fast are the age limits? When signing up for a session I don't imagine "age" is entered ... but I would not want to show up and piss anyone off!

He's pretty mature, remembers plot points and names better than me (I need notes!) and he reads well beyond his age, but not yet being assimilated into homo-genius-adult-hood-culture his solutions are often non-orthodox.

Liberty's Edge Contributor

RyanH wrote:

Thanks! Been waiting for this.

There are very few sessions for a 10 year old in this schedule. Looks like about the only option for my 10 year old and I to play together on here is NeoExodus (and one he could do on Friday, but is not intended for me ... for 9-16 year olds "Just because I am 11 ...")

What are the age ratings on the coming PFS schedule?

Or, another question, how hard and fast are the age limits? When signing up for a session I don't imagine "age" is entered ... but I would not want to show up and piss anyone off!

He's pretty mature, remembers plot points and names better than me (I need notes!) and he reads well beyond his age, but not yet being assimilated into homo-genius-adult-hood-culture his solutions are often non-orthodox.

Ryan, I don't want to hijack this thread, but the events that I plan on running at PaizoCon would be perfect for you and your 10yo! My initial scheduling attempt is located here (link). If I'm able to get these moved onto the schedule, I'll post an update to that thread.


I had to take all the info listed and put it in an excel spreadsheet to conceptualize what is when where. It'll help me make better decisions for rank.

Sara Marie:
It appears (from pattern recognition) that the Kirkland Room is a single event room - but on Saturday Nothing is scheduled in until 1PM and at that time slot, two items: At the Edge of Madness & Search for Syrja Vel.
I think maybe Edge of Madness was meant to go in the empty 8-1 slot?

Also noticed that Evergreen Salon I appears to be a double occupancy room but instead three items in the 8-1 slot for Saturday: Dancing Huts and Deathless Kings, Tales of the Arabian Nights & To Kill a King but only one in the 1-6 slot NeoExodus - 92-LI-04 As if it Could Get Any Worse.
(Just verifying)

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Zantumal wrote:

I had to take all the info listed and put it in an excel spreadsheet to conceptualize what is when where. It'll help me make better decisions for rank.

This is funny because I just spent several days taking all this information from a spreadsheet and putting it onto the website :)

Liberty's Edge

Starfinder Superscriber

Gah! Too many interesting things at the same time! Too many seminars I want to go to when I was planning on gaming all weekend!


Looks cool.. I totally hope I can get into a 'We Be Goblins' game.. so wanna play that..

Reaper Bones is a good one also.. what with the big pile o bones I have coming soon.


Too much good stuff on the schedule. I have no idea how I'm going to prioritize the very first slot.

The following scenarios all take place in the Midgard Campaign Setting, but the description doesn't mention it:
1. Curse of Mata Api

2. Devil's Food

3. Madman at the Bridge

4. Mayhem on Demon Mountain

5. Sorrow

The remaining two Midgard scenarios do make the setting known.


RyanH wrote:

Thanks! Been waiting for this.

There are very few sessions for a 10 year old in this schedule. Looks like about the only option for my 10 year old and I to play together on here is NeoExodus (and one he could do on Friday, but is not intended for me ... for 9-16 year olds "Just because I am 11 ...")

What are the age ratings on the coming PFS schedule?

Or, another question, how hard and fast are the age limits? When signing up for a session I don't imagine "age" is entered ... but I would not want to show up and piss anyone off!

He's pretty mature, remembers plot points and names better than me (I need notes!) and he reads well beyond his age, but not yet being assimilated into homo-genius-adult-hood-culture his solutions are often non-orthodox.

@Sara Marie - I would also appreciate an answer to this question, as I'll be there with my son, who's 11. He's serious about his PFRPG and could play at most tables just fine, but I don't want to upset anyone by showing up with a kid when they haven't planned for it or don't want it for some reason.

@RyanH - glad to hear other kids will be there, maybe we'll see each other at a table.


Any chance of a one-page schedule that just shows the slots and session names? I've seen something like that at most conferences, and it's very helpful in planning session to attend. Could just have the times and names, so it all fits easily.

If not, I'll puzzle it out, but it might be handy for others too.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Khelreddin wrote:
Any chance of a one-page schedule that just shows the slots and session names?

Go to what I put together

Scarab Sages

Wait wait wait!!! I've been checking here regularly because I needed to get an event onto the schedule - when was the call for events!? Did I miss it? Where was the announcement??

Grand Lodge

Wolfsnap wrote:
Wait wait wait!!! I've been checking here regularly because I needed to get an event onto the schedule - when was the call for events!? Did I miss it? Where was the announcement??

See this discussed here ...

A couple posts down from that link Sara suggests she may start a thread to take applications for any remaining spots. If they do this it looks like it will not be heavily advertised, and first come, first served. I don't know if there were any further posts on this.

Scarab Sages

Wow- well I hope we can get a spot somewhere for the second annual jousting competition. The first one was a big hit last year and I'd hate to try to throw something together ad-hoc for 40+ people.

Scarab Sages

Any word, Sara? I'd love to get the second annual joust into the schedule somehow.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Zantumal wrote:


Sara Marie:
It appears (from pattern recognition) that the Kirkland Room is a single event room - but on Saturday Nothing is scheduled in until 1PM and at that time slot, two items: At the Edge of Madness & Search for Syrja Vel.
I think maybe Edge of Madness was meant to go in the empty 8-1 slot?

Also noticed that Evergreen Salon I appears to be a double occupancy room but instead three items in the 8-1 slot for Saturday: Dancing Huts and Deathless Kings, Tales of the Arabian Nights & To Kill a King but only one in the 1-6 slot NeoExodus - 92-LI-04 As if it Could Get Any Worse.
(Just verifying)

Search for for Syrja Vel was supposed to be in the morning on Saturday. I've updated the schedule to reflect this.

Evergreen Salon I is a triple occupancy room. There are currently two open spaces that will be likely offered up for volunteer GM's barring any schedule changes.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Wolfsnap wrote:
Any word, Sara? I'd love to get the second annual joust into the schedule somehow.

I am working on updating the schedule with some changes for conflicting events. Once I have as concrete schedule as I can get I will make a post.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

J. Christopher Harris wrote:

Too much good stuff on the schedule. I have no idea how I'm going to prioritize the very first slot.

The following scenarios all take place in the Midgard Campaign Setting, but the description doesn't mention it:
1. Curse of Mata Api

2. Devil's Food

3. Madman at the Bridge

4. Mayhem on Demon Mountain

5. Sorrow

The remaining two Midgard scenarios do make the setting known.

Just for the record Harris, you would be very welcome at my table for Curse of Mata Api!


Zantumal wrote:


Khelreddin wrote:
Any chance of a one-page schedule that just shows the slots and session names?
Go to what I put together

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I had started the same thing (finished the first page) then saw your post. thanks!

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Lots of changes imputed today. More to do tomorrow. I'd like to stress this is not a final schedule. Things can and will change as I fix conflicts.

Liberty's Edge Contributor

Thanks very much for your hard work, Sara Marie!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

So due to the conflicting schedule, has sign-ups for the lottery been delayed?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

We will see. Depends if I can finish with what I need to do by 2pm and how the registration code works from last year.


James Thomas wrote:


Just for the record Harris, you would be very welcome at my table for Curse of Mata Api!

I'll definitely be gunning for it!


Sara - things may have changed as you've said, but I think the original Time Slots announced for Sunday were 9-2pm (which was new as of last year I believe). That may not be possible with an afternoon slot now, but I wanted to mention it in case there was an error and not a change.


FWIW my file (HERE) was updated to the information available at 9:30 AM EST. I'll keep checking for updates and amend for others.

Contributor

I didn't see the two open events I proposed to Jeff: Gamer Girls Unite! and Gamer Girls Design!


I was wondering about those...

(edit: in a good way!:)

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

Majuba, the blog you link to is for Pathfinder Society Games.

Christina, the events were mistakenly left off the schedule. I was able to put a Woman Gamers seminar/panel in for 9am on Saturday.


Sara Marie wrote:
Majuba, the blog you link to is for Pathfinder Society Games.

Agreed, I just wanted to make sure.

Silver Crusade

Hey Sarah
Is there going to be a lottery for Pathfinder Society events?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nope. PFS is open. I'll be adding those events onto the schedule over the next few days so people can see times and descriptions. When the lottery is over, they will be available on a first come first serve basis. There are a TON of PFS games.


Sara Marie wrote:
Nope. PFS is open. I'll be adding those events onto the schedule over the next few days so people can see times and descriptions. When the lottery is over, they will be available on a first come first serve basis. There are a TON of PFS games.

Hey I've got a question for you. I have heard that there probably isn't going to be a grand convocation this year as its a 4 year cycle event. Is there going to be a different mass roleplay event that I should save my lottery openings for? I don't want to sign up for a bunch of stuff and then see a super awesome massive event like grand convocation and miss out.


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Quick question: This is my first lottery. Is there a "submit" button or do I just rank the lottery events (changing my mind between now and the lottery's closing, I assume) and whatever rank they've been assigned come the lottery's closing is the rank that's "pulled" for the lottery by the powers-that-be?


Again (HERE) for 7:30PM EST.

Note the one in red text is I believe an error as it overlaps "Pathfinder Adventure Path Q&A" in the Evergreen Salon G for the same time slot. I think it was a typo for the same slot but in the Evergreen Salon F (which is where it is on this sheet).

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

graypark wrote:
Quick question: This is my first lottery. Is there a "submit" button or do I just rank the lottery events (changing my mind between now and the lottery's closing, I assume) and whatever rank they've been assigned come the lottery's closing is the rank that's "pulled" for the lottery by the powers-that-be?

Yes, in previous years we had a submit button but this year as soon as you click the number for your preference for an event we record that preference immediately. You can change your mind right up until those buttons disappear, currently scheduled for Tuesday, June 11 at 2 p.m. Pacific time.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
kaldaka wrote:
Hey I've got a question for you. I have heard that there probably isn't going to be a grand convocation this year as its a 4 year cycle event. Is there going to be a different mass roleplay event that I should save my lottery openings for? I don't want to sign up for a bunch of stuff and then see a super awesome massive event like grand convocation and miss out.

This years special is Siege of the Diamond City, and no other PFS games will be run during that time, as staff will be tied up running the multi-table event.

Pathfinder Rules Conversion, Frog God Games

I dont have any ranking buttons, am I missing something?

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Skeeter Green wrote:
I dont have any ranking buttons, am I missing something?

Same problem here

Paizo Employee Developer

I don't think it's open yet.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
kaldaka wrote:
Hey I've got a question for you. I have heard that there probably isn't going to be a grand convocation this year as its a 4 year cycle event. Is there going to be a different mass roleplay event that I should save my lottery openings for? I don't want to sign up for a bunch of stuff and then see a super awesome massive event like grand convocation and miss out.
This years special is Siege of the Diamond City, and no other PFS games will be run during that time, as staff will be tied up running the multi-table event.

O that sounds fun. Do you know what day this Siege of the Diamond City will be? I am dressing up in full chainmail armor one day of the con and would love to make preparations for the right day so that I can role play to my heart's content.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

If you have a free badge (from volunteering, as a Paizo employee, etc) you are not eligible for the lottery or event registration. If you'd like to register as a player for lottery events or sign up for open registration games when that opens, you'll need to purchase a regular badge.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
kaldaka wrote:
O that sounds fun. Do you know what day this Siege of the Diamond City will be? I am dressing up in full chainmail armor one day of the con and would love to make preparations for the right day so that I can role play to my heart's content.

Friday at 7pm according to my GM schedule.

Pathfinder Rules Conversion, Frog God Games

Sara Marie wrote:
If you have a free badge (from volunteering, as a Paizo employee, etc) you are not eligible for the lottery or event registration. If you'd like to register as a player for lottery events or sign up for open registration games when that opens, you'll need to purchase a regular badge.

aha, makes sense. Thanks Sara.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
kaldaka wrote:
O that sounds fun. Do you know what day this Siege of the Diamond City will be? I am dressing up in full chainmail armor one day of the con and would love to make preparations for the right day so that I can role play to my heart's content.
Friday at 7pm according to my GM schedule.

Is there going to be a lottery sign up for it? I want to make sure to keep my schedule clear for that if there is.

1 to 50 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / PaizoCon 2013 Events Schedule! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.