Bestiary 5 Wish List


Product Discussion

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,862 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Gancanagh wrote:

Why would one need a Jackalope when you already have Wolpertinger, Skvader and Almiraj?

Quote:

There qre the Hekatonkheires Titans in Bestiary 3.

Some people want every monster to be playable, so you get a Medusa, Minotaur, Hekatoncheires and Thriae of CR 1 and lower.

Ah I actually didn't know there was a Hekatonkheires one in the game already. Should have checked the PRD I guess lol.


personally I don't want playable races to have more then 4 arms or 1 head(maybe 2).

I wouldn't mind a playable medusa(or medusa-like) race with snakes for hair, a minotaur, or a Thriae-like one.

Silver Crusade

More proper scary fey, you know the Fair Folk who have blue and Orange Morality and who see mortals as playthings.

Maybe a statting out of the Eldest?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As far as bestiary 5 goes, I'm curious to see more from Arcadia or touch on southern Garund or central Casmaron. I appreciate smaller supplements, such as distant worlds, but I think they've only gone into detail with about 30% of Golarion itself. I feel like the home planet should be detailed before we get into too much extra-planetary or extra-planar exploration.

I think that mythic encounters should be consolidated to mythic bestiaries, and that creatures that are CR 30, such as demon lords, emphyrial lords, archdevils, the 4 horsemen, etc. should be covered in their own supplement similar to Deities and Demigods from 3.5.

Ideally for me (just my opinion), I'd like to see the Dragon Empires guide (similar to Inner Sea World Guide) and a Primer to Arcadia within the next year to a year-and-a-half. There's not much discussed about Casmaron, Souther Garund, or the Crown of the World, so these are places of great interest to me. I'd like to see them get their own books as well, but that is perhaps a bit much to ask; perhaps having them covered in a Beyond the Inner Sea guide?

I digress, my point is I'd like to see more creatures from these other areas. More kami, more oni, more div, more rakshasa, more aberations, more garuda, more peri (I assume there's more than just the base creature since aasimar have those racial variants). Basically, more denizens of the material plane to peak are interest about what Golarion has to offer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've seen some cool program about the Yowie (australian sasquatch) and I really liked it!

Its more feral, it has sabletooth fangs and it stinks like hell, I really want one in bestiary 5 as the agressive form of Sasquatch, maybe a Sasquatch offspring which was corrupted by trauma and violence.

Dark Archive

New kinds of fiends I want to create more variant tieflings NPCs to throw at my party


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cr500cricket wrote:
New kinds of fiends I want to create more variant tieflings NPCs to throw at my party

I could see more descendants of other outsider types:

- Protean
- Aeon
- Psychopomp
- Kami
- Unfettered Eidolon
- Inevitable
- Demodand
- Formian
- Mephit
- Elemental

Dark Archive

They already have demodand but the others would work


HOw can a Inevitable breed with a human? Its a construct...

Half-stuff has never got to me, never got the hype.


Inevitables are outsiders in Pathfinder, not constructs.


Still, their bodies look like they can't hold sperm or eggs.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Gancanagh wrote:
Still, their bodies look like they can't hold sperm or eggs.

Even with Tieflings and Aasimar's (and Bloodlines) it's not always breeding. It's influence. Maybe an ancestor while living traveled to Axis.

I was thinking they could be called Gearborn.

Maybe Fey descended people are Foundlings?

Dark Archive

Or gnomes or gathlain


I want a coastal wizard monster. A type of lich that just won't go away, with an affinity for stealing your money, and likes to chase after dogs with bigger bones.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sparksfanboy wrote:
I want a coastal wizard monster. A type of lich that just won't go away, with an affinity for stealing your money, and likes to chase after dogs with bigger bones.

You have a vendetta against WotC, have you...?


I just finished watching the 80's Horror movie "The Stuff", which would make a really great idea for a new ooze.

The ooze would have a special ability that would compel PCs to eat it, afterwards they have to make a will save or become a thrall to the ooze. Those infected by the Ooze grow more oozes within the bodies, which can exit at any point.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Whowie the lizard of lizards! Chamelion color-change, frilled lizard frill, alligator strenght, monitor appearance, gecko sticky-ability and a serpents poison, it also has the coloration of the gilamonster!


I like the idea of that ooze MMCJawa.


Some modification on the Intulo and Yeitso.

I would like the Intulo to become Chameleon-Lizardmen of the jungles, the terrible Yeitso should become a dragon/dinosaur-lizardman the size of an ogre.

It would make a little sense at least as in Native American the Yeitso is a scaled giant, not far off for a giant lizardman species and we have more than enough giants anyway.


Meh, I'd rather have the Yeitso the way it is and the Intulo be the dinosaur folk. The Yeitso's pretty unique as is. I don't see why we should make it something it's not. Though I do see a logical connection between Intulos and dinosaurs.
The Brobinyak, on the other hand, could be an ogre sized reptile folk.
The Wowie is awesome though. I heard that they were insect/lizard hybrids. Is that untrue?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oddly enough my original conception of Yeitso (back something like ten years ago) were as Tyrannosaur-folk as you describe.

Intulo would be better off as Agama-folk (Intulo is pretty much the word for Agama)

HOWEVER, there is a Chameleon in the same story that features Intulo.

Basically, when the Gods were deciding the issue of mortality, they first sent the Chameleon (Lunwaba) to tell the people they would be immortal. However Lunwaba was slow, and in the meantime they changed their mind and sent the Agama (Intulo), a fairly speedy desert lizard, to tell the people they would not be immortal but suffer death. Intulo beat Lunwaba to reaching the people, and to this day Agamas are seen as death omens among the Xhosha and Zulu.

Also, this is what an African Agama looks like:

Sample Agama.


catdragon wrote:

Good gawds, almost 1500 posts..

one monster i would love to see is Scylla, from the Odyssey.

But then again, some the iconic one of kind monsters from Greek mythology would be fun.

Argus
Calydonian Boar
Caucasian Eagle
Centaurs Arcadian
Centaurs Thessalian
Cerberus (i am sure he has been done in various forms)
Cerynitian Deer
Colchian Dragon
Cretan Bull
Crommyon Sow
Ethiopian Sea Monster
Gegenees
Hesperian Dragon
Ismenian Dragon
Kharybdis
Laelaps
Marathonian Bull
Nemean Lion
Pygmies
Python
Scylla
Stymaphalian Birds
Talus
Teumessian Fox
Trojan Sea Monster
Typhoeus

Added this to the Master list tonight, and thought I would make a few comments.

First off, at least one of these does have an alternative name. The giant eagle which ate Prometheus' liver is the Caucasian Eagle, but it's also known as Ethon/Aethon.

The Calydonian Boar, Crommyon Sow and for that matter the Erymanthian Boar are all pretty similar in description, being giant destructive boars sent by the gods (and possibly sired by Echidna). I am thinking they probably don't need separate entries, but there really isn't a great distinctive name for them as a new monster (maybe Erymanthias?)

The Marathonian Bull IS the Cretan Bull, just relocated. For name, I might suggest Tauroi, which I have also seen used for fire-breathing bulls. (It also of course just means Bull) Incidentally the constellation Taurus is linked with the Cretan Bull

The dragons are pretty standard Drakons, and not terribly distinctive in appearance

The Sea monsters seem to also fall under the category of Cete, as far as greek sea monsters. Again probably best treated as one type of monster.

For Cerynitian Hind, I have also seen it referred to as Cerynitis, although I have no clue how correct that is.

Editor-in-Chief

MMCJawa wrote:
Added this to the Master list tonight...

Master list?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If we did get "dinosaur folk" then I would want them not to be player races and give then racial HD. Maybe one as playable but I wouldn't loose any sleep if none of them were.


MMCJawa wrote:

Oddly enough my original conception of Yeitso (back something like ten years ago) were as Tyrannosaur-folk as you describe.

Intulo would be better off as Agama-folk (Intulo is pretty much the word for Agama)

HOWEVER, there is a Chameleon in the same story that features Intulo.

Basically, when the Gods were deciding the issue of mortality, they first sent the Chameleon (Lunwaba) to tell the people they would be immortal. However Lunwaba was slow, and in the meantime they changed their mind and sent the Agama (Intulo), a fairly speedy desert lizard, to tell the people they would not be immortal but suffer death. Intulo beat Lunwaba to reaching the people, and to this day Agamas are seen as death omens among the Xhosha and Zulu.

Also, this is what an African Agama looks like:

Sample Agama.

Intulo as desert-dwelling agame-lizardmen is also cool especially with the colors of the lizard from that picture!

Then I add Lunwaba as Chameleon-folk.

Quote:

Meh, I'd rather have the Yeitso the way it is and the Intulo be the dinosaur folk. The Yeitso's pretty unique as is. I don't see why we should make it something it's not. Though I do see a logical connection between Intulos and dinosaurs.

The Brobinyak, on the other hand, could be an ogre sized reptile folk.
The Wowie is awesome though. I heard that they were insect/lizard hybrids. Is that untrue?

Never heard about the Brobinyak, I will place it on my list, thanks!

I can find very little info on the Whowie and I gave my own interpretation off the creature in the real myth as far as I know they appear as just giant Monitor-Lizard creatures that eat entire villages and which are connected to the Dream-Time.

I will update my Yowie idea, I like this evil Sasquatch variant to be merged with the Skunk Ape.

Yowie would collect the rotting corpses of its victims and pile them on a huge reeking heap of death, then it will put its own body and fur against the stinking corpses so that it gains the nausea ability, other creatures that smell the creature will vomit and become sick with nausea.

Their breath is also a poisonous weapon because they only eat filth and nasty-smelling stuff. (can't remember if there is already a monster with bad-breath in pathfinder)

Last but not least the Yowie's red/brown hairs are crawling with all kinds of parasites, insects, spiders, centipedes, ticks and other horrors that will crawl over to new hosts when given the chance, the Yowie has this awesome attack that when it shakes it body, clouds of all types of tiny vermin will be shattered into the air and area, seeking new hosts that are close by, the Yowie doesn't mind the vermin at all, it just has found a way to use the creatures in battle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awesome site for the Cryptid-fans!

I've found my first new creature there: Jenglot = Living voodoo doll creature! Awesome!


F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:
Added this to the Master list tonight...
Master list?

About 6 or 7 pages back I posted a link to a list of all the proposed monsters for the next Bestiary in this thread, arranged by origin and possible type.

Future Monster wishlist

I am updating it again now that my PhD Defense is over, and will have a link to a revised copy of it in a few weeks.

This reminds me...If you post a list of creatures, please provide at least a few words of description (unless it is something obvious, like Giant Baboon or something). For space reasons, I haven't included descriptions of what the monsters are, so I imagine that people will have to use the search function on this thread to find anything

Silver Crusade

A few notes, maybe sub deviding Asian into Asia mainland area and Oceanic Asia (Indonesia, PNG... and the like)

Europe should also be subdivided, maybe into Algosaxon, Celtic, Gaelic, Nordic, Germanic, Romantic and other such things

And Dwemorcats can be found in this... with the chance to have one of their BABIES as a familiar. (so cute)

However one in the core rules would be fun.


Mystic_Snowfang wrote:

A few notes, maybe sub deviding Asian into Asia mainland area and Oceanic Asia (Indonesia, PNG... and the like)

Europe should also be subdivided, maybe into Algosaxon, Celtic, Gaelic, Nordic, Germanic, Romantic and other such things

And Dwemorcats can be found in this... with the chance to have one of their BABIES as a familiar. (so cute)

However one in the core rules would be fun.

I avoided subdividing further, because originally some areas just had too few monsters. I will probably subdivide further, but not sometime after the next update.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awesome new monster alert!

The Haietlik comes from Native American myths and is a super cool indigo/black sea serpent the size of an Orca whale (so not that big and long like other sea serpents which is cool)

What is lacks in size it makes up with awesome abilities.
- They can shoot lightning from their mouth like a dragon and they are able to shock creatures with their body much like a Behir of the sea.
- They are the fastest sea serpent that roams the wide oceans.
- They have this awesome crystal/rocky or iron (choose anything as it all can be cool if done right) growth on their heads that is extremly sharp and can pierce most known fleshy creatures for maximum damage, Haietlik use their own body as spears to lash into their favorite prey, the Orca Whale.

They are natural enemies of whales and especially the Orca whale and the Akhlut, they are on good terms with the Thunderbirds and especially the Impundulu, or evil Thunderbird as Haietlik are evil Sea Serpents.

They are CR 12, while being much smaller than the CR 12 normal Sea Serpent the Haietlik is much more agressive and has much better special abilities to make up for the size difference of its bigger and more gentle cousin.

Ikuchi another sea serpent with strange special abilities (to drip oil and tar from their bodies) are known to command groups of Haietlik into big sea battles with good creatures or with ships.

Like with the Tsemaus there are both Sea and Desert variants known to exist of the Haietlik, the Desert Haietlik being a dark and light brown shade in color and they have the ability to swim in sand as easy as a fish swims in water, their sharp heads help them with this. Tsemaus the Sand Shark and Haietlik the Sand Serpent fight till death when they clash.

Dark Archive

Gancanagh wrote:

Awesome new monster alert!

The Haietlik comes from Native American myths and is a super cool indigo/black sea serpent the size of an Orca whale (so not that big and long like other sea serpents which is cool)

What is lacks in size it makes up with awesome abilities.
- They can shoot lightning from their mouth like a dragon and they are able to shock creatures with their body much like a Behir of the sea.
- They are the fastest sea serpent that roams the wide oceans.
- They have this awesome crystal/rocky or iron (choose anything as it all can be cool if done right) growth on their heads that is extremly sharp and can pierce most known fleshy creatures for maximum damage, Haietlik use their own body as spears to lash into their favorite prey, the Orca Whale.

They are natural enemies of whales and especially the Orca whale and the Akhlut, they are on good terms with the Thunderbirds and especially the Impundulu, or evil Thunderbird as Haietlik are evil Sea Serpents.

They are CR 12, while being much smaller than the CR 12 normal Sea Serpent the Haietlik is much more agressive and has much better special abilities to make up for the size difference of its bigger and more gentle cousin.

Ikuchi another sea serpent with strange special abilities (to drip oil and tar from their bodies) are known to command groups of Haietlik into big sea battles with good creatures or with ships.

Like with the Tsemaus there are both Sea and Desert variants known to exist of the Haietlik, the Desert Haietlik being a dark and light brown shade in color and they have the ability to swim in sand as easy as a fish swims in water, their sharp heads help them with this. Tsemaus the Sand Shark and Haietlik the Sand Serpent fight till death when they clash.

=awesome


The terrible Anaye are demons (or gods, but I ignore that) from Native American tales, they are a group of terrible and unique creatures.

Yeitso - The scaled giant which can also be pictured as a dinosaur-lizardman, ogre-lizardman or dragon-lizardman.

Binaye Ahani - Said to be limbless twins that shoot lightning from their terrible bulging eyes, some legends picture them as a demonic living totem-pole creature that has multiple faces on its totem with the same eyes that shoot lightning, I would also like the Totem-demon version of this creature because two limbless twins sound a bit boring to me.

Delgeth - Horrible pronghorn demons that look like monstrous versions of the Pronghorn with burning hooves, eyes and terrible split horns much like the real pronghorn but much larger. They have nasty smiles on their faces and razor sharp teeth that bite through most substances with ease, like the real pronghorn (which is the fastest land-creature next to the cheetah on this earth) the Delgeth is extremely fast. It has a sick hunger for murder and bloodshed. It leaves burning footprints everywhere it goes.

Talking about twin monsters from mythology tho brings me to the awesome Bakru!

Evil twins in the form of teenagers made from both flesh and wood, these would never listen to commands and are very tricky to handle.

In pathfinder I would like to see the awesome Bakru as freaky teenager twins both naked but without private parts as their lower body is entirely made from wood, their face also has woodparts and their arms also end in wood.

They don't have hands or feet though, both their arms and legs end in fierce pike-like weapons made from wood which they use to dance around much like the D&D Deadly Dancer! Bakru are very agile and nimble and dance around as deadly twins much like the Kabuki Twins from the Batman cartoons, and they work together like a team to bring their enemies down.

When one of them dies the other twin that survived will go berserk until killed.


The Splinter Cat comes from the myths of the lumberjacks.

They are said to be big cats that share the skull-ramming skills with the Dinosaurs known as Pachycephalosaurus.

Splinter Cats use their hard and thick skull to break down trees so they can feast on the small creatures living there like raccoons, squirrels and birds. Splinter Cats are also agressive toward humanoids and will attack them on sight, stomping them to pulp with their hard skulls.

Splinter Cats are probably related to the bizarre Cactus Cat.


If the splinter cat is a plant creature, then it would be interesting to have a animal like plant that knocks down trees to eat animals.


The Cactus Cat is a plant creature, the Splinter Cat is called Splinter because it shatters stuff with its pachycephalosaurus head.

Dark Archive

I want a construct that proves construct superiority over plants by hunting and destroying them. ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't have bestiary 4, so if he's in that then ignore this post.

I'd love to see the eight headed dragon Orochi from Japanese mythology.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cr500cricket wrote:
I want a construct that proves construct superiority over plants by hunting and destroying them. ;)

I wish that construct very good luck against the mythicial Jidra.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Domestichauscat wrote:

I don't have bestiary 4, so if he's in that then ignore this post.

I'd love to see the eight headed dragon Orochi from Japanese mythology.

I don't recall him in there, but I would like to see him.


Dark Souls 2 Spoiler:
Been playing a lot of Dark Souls 2 this week. I'd love to see lion people that can curse you with negative levels.

Dark Archive

Gancanagh wrote:
Still, their bodies look like they can't hold sperm or eggs.

looks can be deceiving


Not very exciting, but I want Giant Rat with companion stats (for Ratling Cavaliers/Druids/Rangers).

Dark Archive

Gancanagh wrote:
Cr500cricket wrote:
I want a construct that proves construct superiority over plants by hunting and destroying them. ;)
I wish that construct very good luck against the mythicial Jidra.

bring it ;)


Did anyone mention Vercesians? Or Thystans? I don't know if they have an "official" name- the light absorbing (crystalline?) humanoids of Thyst.


Found 2 new awesome monsters! 1 thanks to Wannabe-Demonlord!

1) The Arabic giant birds known as Ababil are coming straight from the Koran.
Looking like elephant-sized lammergeyers with a hellish bright red, yellow and orange color-feather variation.
They love to grab creatures and lift them off into the sky, then drop them from great heights onto other creatures, they also summon fireballs or burning rocks in their claws and drop those on their enemies.
The Ababil are demonic-like creatures much like the Xacarba, Bebilith and Baregara.

2) The African cryptid-plants known as Ya-Te-Veo or Octopus-Tree are truly horrible creatures.
Their leaf-less branches look and behave like the tentacles of a giant octopus, pulling creatures into their gaping maw which is located ontop of the creature (see the pictures, especially the red-card picture in the google-picture results.)
They are formed when Popobala stay too long in one spot so even the plants and animals are affected by their chaos aura's.

Silver Crusade

Peafowl based Agnothian, with the males being the fancy looking ones and females properly drab.


Vercesians? You mean Vercites?

I not sure what those crystal guys from Thyst are official called.

I would also like some giant rats like the one the ratfolk was riding in the B3.

Dark Archive

A list of Dragon quest IX creatures
-Slimes
-Greygnarl- Light dragon(true)
-Barbarus- Darkness dragon(true)
-King godwyn (2nd form)- Skeletal dragon has two arms wields a spear in 1 hand
-Corvus- demon lord of wrath and betrayal
-Malroth- a unique demon with supernatural flight, four clawed arms and multiple different breath weapons

Dark Archive

a separate post:
a list sci-fi creatures that are NOT aberrations or constructs
-Radioactive Undead template
-Blackwing Zombies (template)(from Deathtroopers)
-Sci-fi dragons (Napalm, Nuclear, Laser, Plasma)

Silver Crusade

What about Xian as a new class of outsider? In Chinease mythology Xian is the generic name for benevolent spirits much like angels in Judeo-Christian folklore.

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,862 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Bestiary 5 Wish List All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.