>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

4,701 to 4,750 of 5,212 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

If you could visit/stay for a week in ANY place and/or famous house, what would it be?

A castle...a castle with modern amenities...and a remote area...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

@Lord Fyre:

Sadly the page count monster has not been stated so some brave Pcs will slay it...mmmm...Idea!

That is a very high word/page count way for Paizo to say Multiclass are not allowed.

But...but holding my breath always worked when I was young! ;)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
(It would have also been nice to see some non multiclassing archetypes)

How about 60-ish?

Advanced Player's guide playtest comes out in two months :3


Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
(It would have also been nice to see some non multiclassing archetypes)

How about 60-ish?

Advanced Player's guide playtest comes out in two months :3

Hopefully they are a lot better than the multiclass ones...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
(It would have also been nice to see some non multiclassing archetypes)

How about 60-ish?

Advanced Player's guide playtest comes out in two months :3

Hopefully they are a lot better than the multiclass ones...

The Druid Multiclass lets you get a Leshy buddy in 2 feats.


That is...I dont know yet...

I have to do a more detailed reading of somethings...

There be some nulticlassing options that work...it is my initial response is underwhelming.


Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

There is a specific one I am thinking of...but I have to do research...

Either on a mountain or island...or on a mountain that is on a island,

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

There is a specific one I am thinking of...but I have to do research...

Either on a mountain or island...or on a mountain that is on a island,

What about an island on a volcano island on an island?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

There is a specific one I am thinking of...but I have to do research...

Either on a mountain or island...or on a mountain that is on a island,

What about an island on a volcano island on an island?

Mmmm...yes! Especially if I am feeling super villainessousy at the time.


Okay so I read the the the multiclass section more closely and have to revise my opinion...

They are not that bad...there is two problem areas though that I see...

1) The Rogue multicast should start with sneak attack. And it should develope a little more.

2) Multiclassing as spellcaster it is overwhelmingly better to have your base class be the spellcasting class.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:

Okay so I read the the the multiclass section more closely and have to revise my opinion...

They are not that bad...there is two problem areas though that I see...

1) The Rogue multicast should start with sneak attack. And it should develope a little more.

2) Multiclassing as spellcaster it is overwhelmingly better to have your base class be the spellcasting class.

Hit submit to soon...

The nice thing about multiclassing is that they increase your options for class feats.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Lord Fyre wrote:

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)

I'm feeling ignored. :(


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)

I'm feeling ignored. :(

Your posts provoke much thought so sometimes takes longer to formulate a answer....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have you ever tried the Eclipse Phase RPG?

I still haven't played it yet, but the lore and freedom of character creation looks amazing. The post-gender binary, transhumanist mindset is quite refreshing. It's licensed under Creative Commons, so it's free to legally share it (and the other setting books). Its updated 2.0 version also just came out at GenCon (the 2.0 quickstart rules are here).

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)

I'm feeling ignored. :(
Your posts provoke much thought so sometimes takes longer to formulate a answer....

Good, because I have another question based on your answer to this one. :)


Lord Fyre wrote:

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)

I think they are absolutely necessary if you are going to run a non sandboxy type of game. I had a bad experience.

I posted in that thread and will add ideas as they come to me...


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

Have you ever tried the Eclipse Phase RPG?

I still haven't played it yet, but the lore and freedom of character creation looks amazing. The post-gender binary, transhumanist mindset is quite refreshing. It's licensed under Creative Commons, so it's free to legally share it (and the other setting books). Its updated 2.0 version also just came out at GenCon (the 2.0 quickstart rules are here).

I have heard of it...it seems interesting but I have sooo many games...if a opportunity comes up I would give it a try...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

What are your feelings about GM created player's guides?

(Also)

I think they are absolutely necessary if you are going to run a non sandboxy type of game. I had a bad experience.

I posted in that thread and will add ideas as they come to me...

I'm asking for a second opinion … If this was the first thing you read in a "GM Created" player's guide (i.e., the pitch)

Spoiler:
“Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.” – Ming the Merciless, Flash Gordon (1981)

You and your shipmates are delivering supplies to the mist shrouded settlement of Madelon's Landing on the second planet in the Nakon system and, while there you hope to visit an old friend. But when you arrive, you will encounter one of the most dangerous perils of colonizing untamed planets in the vast reaches of of space.

Does this work for you?

I Would then go on to explain who the "old friend" is, that it is a combination of stealth/combat, etc.


Yes it would work for me...all though for a published adventure.

In a homebrew for as a GM I would with my players on who the old friend is...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:

Yes it would work for me...all though for a published adventure.

In a homebrew for as a GM I would with my players on who the old friend is...

I intend to do so. A "pitch" is just the introduction.

But, since the goal is to intrigue my players (who are my normal player group) to read further, I may want more "punch." Just because it is my normal player group is no excuse for being boring.

Any thought on improvement? Disclosure: I have also asked Rysky The Dark Solarion the same question.


Heading into work now...will think about it...

It might help if you give me more about the plot...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:

Heading into work now...will think about it...

It might help if you give me more about the plot...

Will do. Have a good day at work. :)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:

Heading into work now...will think about it...

It might help if you give me more about the plot...

This pitch will open a GM Created player's guide for the Against the Aeon Throne mini-AP from Paizo. For obvious reasons, this contains Massive spoilers for that AP.

Spoiler:

The plot …
During what was supposed to be a routine supply run to a relatively new Pact Worlds colonly, the player characters find the settlement occupied by soldiers of the Azlanti Star Empire.

Part one (The Reach of Empire) – the heroes, hopefully, will rally the colony to expel the occupation force and discover the reason for the Alzanti attack (an archaeological find of a non-drift based interstellar dive). They should also find out that their “old friend” (an Android scientist named Cedona) has also been captured and taken by the Azlanti.

Part two (Escape from the Prison Moon) - the heroes must infiltrate the outer territories of the Azlanti Star Empire to find and rescue their friend from an Azlanti military base.

Part three (The Rune Drive Gambit) - at the behest of Cedona (and the Stewards) the heroes need find where the discovered drive was taken, and prevent the Empire from obtaining what could be a significant military advantage.

In a player's guide, I can lay out that the campaign involves elements of stealth and combat. There will be a variety of non-urban environments – mostly wilderness, small military bases, and some space combat. While social skills should not be neglected, they obviously will not be the primary focus.

But, I need something to start them off with the right idea before diving in to what “unavoidably” will be more boring prose. Which I know to K.I.S.S. (“Keep It Short, Stupid”).

If it matters my player group consists of …
* - A player who prefers in Warrior types.
* - A player who generally prefers stealthy types, but also has zero problems being Ms. Fanservice. - My RL wife, b.t.w.
* - A player who seems to draw inspiration from genre relevant movies.
* - A player who new to Starfinder, but not to role-playing.
All but the last player have been Role-playing for 35+ years (Gah! We're old!)


Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

There is a specific one I am thinking of...but I have to do research...

Either on a mountain or island...or on a mountain that is on a island,

How do you feel about Scottish Highlands? I mean I'm sure there's a few abandoned castles up there...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

I'm just curious but when you say castle, do you have a particular style or theme for the castle in question? And by remote, do you mean like on a hill or mountain? Maybe an island?

There is a specific one I am thinking of...but I have to do research...

Either on a mountain or island...or on a mountain that is on a island,

How do you feel about Scottish Highlands? I mean I'm sure there's a few abandoned castles up there...

The Scottish Highlands would work


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Lord Fyre...

Mmm..,

Maybe a line hinting all being quiet that is why the pcs are doing a simple supply run...

And a line that hints at the colony being invaded...or outright say so...I am presuming that is not a secret for long in the AP.

Also a line hinting at the enemy...something like a 'Ancient enemy has returned or 'The colony is under the gaze of a purple eye commander'


Beware the Highlands. You get the dreaded midgies. Although haggis is pretty cool.

And yeah, there are a few abandoned (and not abandoned) castles in the Highlands. There are even more in Northumberland, which formed the border with Scotland so was chockfull of castles to prevent minor issues like raiding.

I actually lived about 2 miles from one that's still partially in use (the upper floors have the Duke of Northumberland's rooms, and he has to spend a certain number of nights there to keep his title) and eight or so from Alnwich (pronounced Annick) where they filmed a bunch of stuff. Harry Potter's outdoor scenes are the big ones, but they use the place for everything.

But yeah, there are loads of cool places to stay in the UK. They just start getting pricey if you also want cool, baths and Wi-Fi.


The closest we get to a castle around here is The Cloisters(sp?) In NY City


So anymore questions for me?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore questions for me?

Are you gaming this weekend?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore questions for me?
Are you gaming this weekend?

Sunday...might be running PF 2ED


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore questions for me?
Are you gaming this weekend?

Sunday...might be running PF 2ED

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore questions for me?
Are you gaming this weekend?
Sunday...might be running PF 2ED

Let us know how it goes. :)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:

@Lord Fyre...

Mmm..,

Maybe a line hinting all being quiet that is why the pcs are doing a simple supply run...

And a line that hints at the colony being invaded...or outright say so...I am presuming that is not a secret for long in the AP.

Also a line hinting at the enemy...something like a 'Ancient enemy has returned or 'The colony is under the gaze of a purple eye commander'

Trying again …

Spoiler:
“Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.” – Ming the Merciless, Flash Gordon (1981)

You and your shipmates are delivering supplies to the mist shrouded settlement of Madelon's Landing on the second planet in the Nakon system and, while there you hope to visit an old friend. But when you arrive, you find the colony suffering under a military occupation by the soldiers of an ancient enemy who also traces its roots to lost Golarion!

But, you have more immediate problems, your vessel is under attack!


That is better.,,good last line.

(Also I did not mention it before but I really like the Flash quote)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:

That is better.,,good last line.

(Also I did not mention it before but I really like the Flash quote)

(No you had not. :) )

I was hoping it would help create the right imagery for Starfinder!


Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..

What is my normal link?

Did you not realize that I am HUGE fan of the Filmation Flash Gordon?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..

What is my normal link?

Did you not realize that I am HUGE fan of the Filmation Flash Gordon?

Well if you look at the percentages it is most likely scantily clad women...or the Safety Dance. ;)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Ah! This is what you were expecting!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That hurts...:(

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
That hurts...:(

With a comment like …

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..

What did you expect?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
That hurts...:(

With a comment like …

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..
What did you expect?

I didn't expect anything like that... :(

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
That hurts...:(

With a comment like …

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..
What did you expect?
I didn't expect anything like that... :(

What were you expecting?

Why did my Flash Gordon link disappoint you?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
That hurts...:(

With a comment like …

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..
What did you expect?
I didn't expect anything like that... :(

What were you expecting?

Why did my Flash Gordon link disappoint you?

That..,though I like the princess better...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
That hurts...:(

With a comment like …

Selene Spires wrote:
Sigh disappointed in that link...it is not your normal link..
What did you expect?
I didn't expect anything like that... :(

What were you expecting?

Why did my Flash Gordon link disappoint you?
That..,though I like the princess better...

That is Princess Aura from the movie.

My point being that I was putting a link to illustrate the desired "feel" for my Starfinder campaign, no so much to be titillating or funny.


I know I was kidding...sorry.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
I know I was kidding...sorry.

I'm sorry for the "rick-roll," but I was a little annoyed. :(

4,701 to 4,750 of 5,212 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.