>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

4,551 to 4,600 of 5,212 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

It left out things like upgrading your ship...and the starship build rules made no sense if you tried to build the sample ships they had...

Things like that was thru out the book...

I think they presumed that - like the heroes of the series - the PCs would be perpetually poor, so upgrading wasn't going to be likely. Not that Starfinder's Starship rules make more sense.

Interestingly, the Firefly RPG abstracts the ship so it functions (rules wise) like a colossal character - but with specialized traits/skills. Likewise, in the Firefly RPG money itself is abstracted, which can create its own issues.

Why yes, I have both games.

My wife and I disagree about which version is better. :)

I kinda like the StarFinder approach in that it is a abstraction based on level...

I am wondering if it is possible to fuse Serenity and Firefly together to form a great game...


Anyway so I finished my rematch of Veronica Mars seasons 1,2,and 3 and watched season 4 on Hulu...so I am now going to rematch Farscape.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

It left out things like upgrading your ship...and the starship build rules made no sense if you tried to build the sample ships they had...

Things like that was thru out the book...

I think they presumed that - like the heroes of the series - the PCs would be perpetually poor, so upgrading wasn't going to be likely. Not that Starfinder's Starship rules make more sense.

Interestingly, the Firefly RPG abstracts the ship so it functions (rules wise) like a colossal character - but with specialized traits/skills. Likewise, in the Firefly RPG money itself is abstracted, which can create its own issues.

Why yes, I have both games.

My wife and I disagree about which version is better. :)

I kinda like the StarFinder approach in that it is a abstraction based on level...

I am wondering if it is possible to fuse Serenity and Firefly together to form a great game...

Maybe. My wife feels that the thirst for money is missing from the Firefly RPG, as the crew's lack of it drives most of the plots.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Well...no one...but the closest would be Tom Hanks
Well this poses a real conundrum... is any other living actor capable of embodying the goofy wholesome totality of Tom Hanks-ness in the inevitable future filmed biography of actual Tom Hanks?

Colin Hanks.

And so, the cycle continues.

Fun fact: Colin Hanks played Fred Rogers first, do you know where?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

It left out things like upgrading your ship...and the starship build rules made no sense if you tried to build the sample ships they had...

Things like that was thru out the book...

I think they presumed that - like the heroes of the series - the PCs would be perpetually poor, so upgrading wasn't going to be likely. Not that Starfinder's Starship rules make more sense.

Interestingly, the Firefly RPG abstracts the ship so it functions (rules wise) like a colossal character - but with specialized traits/skills. Likewise, in the Firefly RPG money itself is abstracted, which can create its own issues.

Why yes, I have both games.

My wife and I disagree about which version is better. :)

I kinda like the StarFinder approach in that it is a abstraction based on level...

I am wondering if it is possible to fuse Serenity and Firefly together to form a great game...

Maybe. My wife feels that the thirst for money is missing from the Firefly RPG, as the crew's lack of it drives most of the plots.

Your wife is a wise woman...a need for money is big plot point on the the TV show..,

Would you recommend that I should pick up Firefly?


captain yesterday wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Well...no one...but the closest would be Tom Hanks
Well this poses a real conundrum... is any other living actor capable of embodying the goofy wholesome totality of Tom Hanks-ness in the inevitable future filmed biography of actual Tom Hanks?

Colin Hanks.

And so, the cycle continues.

Fun fact: Colin Hanks played Fred Rogers first, do you know where?

I don't think Colin could pull it off...he is only half Tom Hanks after all... ;)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
My wife feels that the thirst for money is missing from the Firefly RPG, as the crew's lack of it drives most of the plots.

Your wife is a wise woman...a need for money is big plot point on the the TV show..,

Would you recommend that I should pick up Firefly?

Yes. However …

In many ways it acts as a fusion between FATE and a more structured system. So, keep that in mind before "going in." Or, better, check it out at your FLGS if possible.

--- --- ---

What is the name of the man that Captain Reynolds kicks into Serenity's engines?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Well...no one...but the closest would be Tom Hanks
Well this poses a real conundrum... is any other living actor capable of embodying the goofy wholesome totality of Tom Hanks-ness in the inevitable future filmed biography of actual Tom Hanks?

Colin Hanks.

And so, the cycle continues.

Fun fact: Colin Hanks played Fred Rogers first, do you know where?

I don't think Colin could pull it off...he is only half Tom Hanks after all... ;)

The correct answer is Drunk History.

I actually prefer Colin to his dad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
My wife feels that the thirst for money is missing from the Firefly RPG, as the crew's lack of it drives most of the plots.

Your wife is a wise woman...a need for money is big plot point on the the TV show..,

Would you recommend that I should pick up Firefly?

Yes. However …

In many ways it acts as a fusion between FATE and a more structured system. So, keep that in mind before "going in." Or, better, check it out at your FLGS if possible.

--- --- ---

What is the name of the man that Captain Reynolds kicks into Serenity's engines?

Crow...who likes to stand in front of doors people are about to open to scare them.


captain yesterday wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Well...no one...but the closest would be Tom Hanks
Well this poses a real conundrum... is any other living actor capable of embodying the goofy wholesome totality of Tom Hanks-ness in the inevitable future filmed biography of actual Tom Hanks?

Colin Hanks.

And so, the cycle continues.

Fun fact: Colin Hanks played Fred Rogers first, do you know where?

I don't think Colin could pull it off...he is only half Tom Hanks after all... ;)

The correct answer is Drunk History.

I actually prefer Colin to his dad.

Never got into Drunk History...

And yes in some ways Colin is better than his dad...I liked him in King King...ge doesn't have his father's charisma.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

In other news ...

In the episode Ariel, what is the name of the Hospital the crew robs?


Lord Fyre wrote:

In other news ...

In the episode Ariel, what is the name of the Hospital the crew robs?

Mmm...my mind is in Farscape mode right now...I will have to think about that...


I am guessing here but I am thinking...Landing City Hospital...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
I am guessing here but I am thinking...Landing City Hospital...

Nope.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
I am guessing here but I am thinking...Landing City Hospital...
Nope.

Mmm...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
I am guessing here but I am thinking...Landing City Hospital...
Nope.
Mmm...

St. Lucy's


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
I am guessing here but I am thinking...Landing City Hospital...
Nope.
Mmm...
St. Lucy's

Ah...I would have got it...


So anymore questions for me?

Almost done w/ season 1 of Farscape...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Where was John Crichton at in the opening scene of the series?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:

So anymore questions for me?

Almost done w/ season 1 of Farscape...

What are your thoughts on Ratfolk/Ysoki?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Where was John Crichton at in the opening scene of the series?

He was watching the sunrise in...Florida I believe


Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

So anymore questions for me?

Almost done w/ season 1 of Farscape...

What are your thoughts on Ratfolk/Ysoki?

Not a my favorite race but I don't hate them..,

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Where was John Crichton at in the opening scene of the series?
He was watching the sunrise in...Florida I believe

On a beach specifically, but you are correct.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
I’m starting to get back into reading, and picked out the Tales Geara of Faith to read. Have you read it?
It is in my pile of to be read books...so not yet. Let me know what you think about it...

It is awesome.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

(Farscape Season 1, Episode 14)

Who are the Acquarans?
Why can't they use technology?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I still haven't forgiven that drelk Crichton for that. They revered me as a deity & king there!

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Dominar Rygel XVI wrote:
I still haven't forgiven that drelk Crichton for that. They revered me as a deity & king there!

Stop giving her unnecessary clues, Sparky!


Lord Fyre wrote:

(Farscape Season 1, Episode 14)

Who are the Acquarans?
Why can't they use technology?

They are a old Hynerian colony...

The Hynerian ruler at the time set up a device that drained most tech devices power sources.

Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm

… effected by the Hynerian device?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?

Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...

Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...
Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?

That is exactly what somebody who has a trained army of ninjas would say...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...
Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?
That is exactly what somebody who has a trained army of ninjas would say...

If we both agree that I am a Bond level villain, do you know what that makes you?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...
Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?
That is exactly what somebody who has a trained army of ninjas would say...
If we both agree that I am a Bond level villain, do you know what that makes you?

Nah I am a Lorraine Broughton's girl.


Since you like Farscape, what do you think of Scarrans and especially, Scorpius?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...
Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?
That is exactly what somebody who has a trained army of ninjas would say...
If we both agree that I am a Bond level villain, do you know what that makes you?
Nah I am a Lorraine Broughton's girl.

I never saw Atomic Blonde, what it any good?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Oddly enough that and the next episode I could not completely watch as the DVD is maybe corrupted at that point...odd how you asked a question regarding that point....mmmm
… effected by the Hynerian device?
Or affected by Lord Fyre's ninjas....mmmm...
Do you realize that I don't actually use Ninjas?
That is exactly what somebody who has a trained army of ninjas would say...
If we both agree that I am a Bond level villain, do you know what that makes you?
Nah I am a Lorraine Broughton's girl.
I never saw Atomic Blonde, what it any good?

I liked it


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Since you like Farscape, what do you think of Scarrans and especially, Scorpius?

The Scarrans and are a interesting race...I like them. Funnily enough I just finished the three parter which introduced the Scarans...it like you people are watching me...

I think Scorpius is one of the best villains on a TV show...definitely in my top5 favorite villain list.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
If we both agree that I am a Bond level villain, do you know what that makes you?
Nah I am a Lorraine Broughton's girl.

Or maybe Cate Archer from the No One Lives Forever series? I remember the first two games being pretty darn fun on the PC (probably couldn't get them to install or run under Win10 now), never played the PS2 versions.

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
I never saw Atomic Blonde, what it any good?
I liked it

Yeah, I too really liked Atomic Blonde. Hopefully it'll get the rumored sequel.


Selene,

Are there character concepts/classes you'd like to play, but choose not to because you feel you couldn't role-play them authentically? For me it's bards (and skalds), because I'm too self-conscious about my terrible real-life singing abilities.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

Selene,

Are there character concepts/classes you'd like to play, but choose not to because you feel you couldn't role-play them authentically? For me it's bards (and skalds), because I'm too self-conscious about my terrible real-life singing abilities.

Not so much with class as race...like the dwarves mindset(and others expectations on 'How they should be played') I just can't get into.

But I am good with classes

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

In Farscape, who or what is Winona?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
In Farscape, who or what is Winona?

John's gun

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

What is Chiana's brother's name?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
In Farscape, who or what is Winona?
John's gun

Correct!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My question is for His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Floyd:

Every day when my Burden is making the bed, I try and assist. I prefer the bed made so that I have as wide a selection of areas I can lounge in comfort as I possibly can. But he insists on stating that I'm not helping at all; in fact, I'm actually getting in the way! (The NERVE!)

How do I convince him that I am assisting and am not—as he so eloquently put it—"being a Royal Pain"?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Pepi, Overlord of Fredericton, Master of All, First of Her Name.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Do you have your PF2 books yet?

(I do not, because I will have them waiting for me at my FLGS.)


Dear Selene,

I have not been spying on you.I promise. But I am curious which of the newer members of the crew did you like best?


Lord Fyre wrote:
What is Chiana's brother's name?

I have to say Chiana is one of my least favorite character on the show...so I need more time...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pepi the Talkative wrote:

My question is for His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Floyd:

Every day when my Burden is making the bed, I try and assist. I prefer the bed made so that I have as wide a selection of areas I can lounge in comfort as I possibly can. But he insists on stating that I'm not helping at all; in fact, I'm actually getting in the way! (The NERVE!)

How do I convince him that I am assisting and am not—as he so eloquently put it—"being a Royal Pain"?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Pepi, Overlord of Fredericton, Master of All, First of Her Name.

I have great luck in getting my point across to my servant with my claws...

On a sidenote I would like applaud the state of New York passed a law outlawing the barbaric practice of declawing cats.

4,551 to 4,600 of 5,212 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.