>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

3,001 to 3,050 of 5,612 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Lord Fyre wrote:

(Here's a toughie for you.)

IF, as I have demonstrated, I like Conan The Barbarian

… Do you know of any other (non-Conan) stories I should check out?

You could check out other novels seris by Robert E Howard like...

Kull

Solomon Kane

Bran Mak Morn

Turlock Dubh O'Brien

Are pretty cool...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
If Thanos met with Voldemort, do you think the two of them would exchange stories about who died worse?

Wait...Thanos Died?

Maybe but the two would be very different I think in how they told the story...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And also made it to 3,000 posts and page 61... :)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

(Here's a toughie for you.)

IF, as I have demonstrated, I like Conan The Barbarian

… Do you know of any other (non-Conan) stories I should check out?

You could check out other novels seris by Robert E Howard like...

Kull

Solomon Kane

Bran Mak Morn

Turlock Dubh O'Brien

Are pretty cool...

But do they still have hawt chicks? ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

(Here's a toughie for you.)

IF, as I have demonstrated, I like Conan The Barbarian

… Do you know of any other (non-Conan) stories I should check out?

You could check out other novels seris by Robert E Howard like...

Kull

Solomon Kane

Bran Mak Morn

Turlock Dubh O'Brien

Are pretty cool...

But do they still have hawt chicks? ;)

Hawt and competent.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

(Here's a toughie for you.)

IF, as I have demonstrated, I like Conan The Barbarian

… Do you know of any other (non-Conan) stories I should check out?

You could check out other novels seris by Robert E Howard like...

Kull

Solomon Kane

Bran Mak Morn

Turlock Dubh O'Brien

Are pretty cool...

But do they still have hawt chicks? ;)
Hawt and competent.

Isn't "competent" part of being hawt?


Depends what you looking for in Women.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Depends what you looking for in Women.

(Now that you have been both a man and a woman, let's try again. :D)

Isn't "competent" part of being hawt?


Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
If Thanos met with Voldemort, do you think the two of them would exchange stories about who died worse?

Wait...Thanos Died?

Maybe but the two would be very different I think in how they told the story...

Well he's died a couple times now...but he got better. :) Not sure about this recent one where he's gets a sword through his chest/heart and then beheaded.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Depends what you looking for in Women.

(Now that you have been both a man and a woman, let's try again. :D)

Isn't "competent" part of being hawt?

Ah...yes competent women are hawt...because they are competent...


Thomas Seitz wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
If Thanos met with Voldemort, do you think the two of them would exchange stories about who died worse?

Wait...Thanos Died?

Maybe but the two would be very different I think in how they told the story...

Well he's died a couple times now...but he got better. :) Not sure about this recent one where he's gets a sword through his chest/heart and then beheaded.

Considering Thanos romantic interest you would think he would want to remain dead...


Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
If Thanos met with Voldemort, do you think the two of them would exchange stories about who died worse?

Wait...Thanos Died?

Maybe but the two would be very different I think in how they told the story...

Well he's died a couple times now...but he got better. :) Not sure about this recent one where he's gets a sword through his chest/heart and then beheaded.
Considering Thanos romantic interest you would think he would want to remain dead...

LOL. Chicks dig guys that do s~$*, even Death. Dead he can't do much. Tough relationship to be in that one when achieving your ultimate goal is still failure!


That is life...


So...anymore Questions?

My vacation is going okay...I have plans to go out for drinks with Friends on Wed. And Thursday.

Might go up to my buddy's place tonight...

Might have a game on Friday...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yay! Drinks!

What's some of your favourites?


Rysky wrote:

Yay! Drinks!

What's some of your favourites?

Long Island Ice Teas...

Rum and Ginger Ale...

Mules...

Maple Mistress (this is a fall beer)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:

Yay! Drinks!

What's some of your favourites?

Long Island Ice Teas...

Rum and Ginger Ale...

Mules...

Maple Mistress (this is a fall beer)

ooooo...


Favorite ways to inspire yourself to do more than sleep?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Favorite ways to inspire yourself to do more than sleep?

Set goals for myself...


So...now that the site is back...I am ready to answer all the questions...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
So...now that the site is back...I am ready to answer all the questions...

Do you expect that the rush of traffic tomorrow will crash the site again?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So...now that the site is back...I am ready to answer all the questions...
Do you expect that the rush of traffic tomorrow will crash the site again?

Answer Hazy please ask again later...

Sorry...

If you are trying to download stuff....yes...but other parts of the board should not be that bad...


Did the crash of 2018 contribute to me having an 80+ year old woman who loves her dog more than she should and/or should be in an assisted living home? Or is that just life messing with me again?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Did the crash of 2018 contribute to me having an 80+ year old woman who loves her dog more than she should and/or should be in an assisted living home? Or is that just life messing with me again?

That is probably Cosmo messing with you...


Clarification: Cosmo or Cosmos?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Clarification: Cosmo or Cosmos?

There is only one Cosmo


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Clarification: Cosmo or Cosmos?
There is only one Cosmo

Blame be unto Him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Unhallowed is his name.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sigh..,no worshiping Cosmo here...move along...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Clarification: Cosmo or Cosmos?
There is only one Cosmo

Actually, with the number of pieces of himself that he has left at conventions, is there not enough material for TWO Cosmos?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

What are you first impressions of the Playtest rules?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Clarification: Cosmo or Cosmos?
There is only one Cosmo
Actually, with the number of pieces of himself that he has left at conventions, is there not enough material for TWO Cosmos?

Cosmo is infinite thus there can not be pices...ergo there is only one Cosmo...all are Cosmo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
What are you first impressions of the Playtest rules?

The thing that hit me first is...I hate the character sheet...

1) I have always dislike the horizontal character sheets...

2) They changed the general layout of the character sheet...which I think is unnecessary and will take getting used to it. Which is kinda of annoying.


I'm not Cosmo, but I accept he is infinite and perverse.

Also question:

Which do you think sounds better: Tri-politan Cholocate (three different kinds of chocolate) or Double Dunkers (Mocha Ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough and oreo type cookie filling.)


Thomas Seitz wrote:

I'm not Cosmo, but I accept he is infinite and perverse.

Also question:

Which do you think sounds better: Tri-politan Cholocate (three different kinds of chocolate) or Double Dunkers (Mocha Ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough and oreo type cookie filling.)

Mmmm....I think Double Dunkers


Okay. Turkey Hill's Double Dunkers MIGHT get another try. I wasn't sure if I should go with that...or maybe the other.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well usually anything Turkey Hill is awesome....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow this thread has been going 5 years...

So any more questions?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:

Wow this thread has been going 5 years...

So any more questions?

I have a few, all are game related but you may not have the required knowledge:
  • [Pathfinder 1st.] Are you at all familiar with the Iron Gods adventure path?
  • [Starfinder] Having played a few sessions (which I have not), what is your opinion of design decision to level weapons and attach damage scaling to the weapon instead of character skill?
  • [Paizo] (You will have a different perspective then I - a cisgender hetero white male.) Has Paizo gotten too progressive? (i.e., are they too far in front of their player base?)
  • [General] Is a superhero genre campaign still feasable today? (Or have we gotten to cynical and the world too crappy?)
Based on these responses, more questions may follow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

1) yes...I have run the first part...and skimmed the rest.

2) I am still meh about it...but it is not a deal breaker for me...especially with the release of the Armory covering some holes in the equipment section. It is really a cumbersome and clunky system.

3)No....it is important to have minority groups visible.

4) Yes.. more than ever....Look at the success of the MCU films.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
1) yes...I have run the first part...and skimmed the rest.

I've asked this in another thread, but have gotten zero responses. :( Most likely because the playtest is sucking up all the oxygen.

The Iron Gods adventure path has a lot of dungeons. But, I have a player who wants to be a member of the Black Horse tribe. Such a character should own a horse, but I have some questions.

  • How useful is warhorse ownership in this adventure path?
  • Will the heroes be able to safely store their horses while they are exploring? (for example, when they have secured Aldronard’s Grave in Lords of Rust).

If the horse is not very useful, would it be a hindrance? Also, if it is not very useful, would it be okay to give the player the animal without making him pay for it.

On a related topic, what kind of horse do the Black Horse tribe raise?


I could answer this but instead I'll ask "Should a Paladin of Ragethiel join up with a mature Red Dragon who wants to destroy the Red Dragon Orb of Dragonkind because she doesn't want it used by others, especially an evil storm giant.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
1) yes...I have run the first part...and skimmed the rest.

I've asked this in another thread, but have gotten zero responses. :( Most likely because the playtest is sucking up all the oxygen.

The Iron Gods adventure path has a lot of dungeons. But, I have a player who wants to be a member of the Black Horse tribe. Such a character should own a horse, but I have some questions.

  • How useful is warhorse ownership in this adventure path?
  • Will the heroes be able to safely store their horses while they are exploring? (for example, when they have secured Aldronard’s Grave in Lords of Rust).

If the horse is not very useful, would it be a hindrance? Also, if it is not very useful, would it be okay to give the player the animal without making him pay for it.

On a related topic, what kind of horse do the Black Horse tribe raise?

I will double check but I don't think a horse would be very useful in this Adventure Path.,,definitly in the first book I can not think of a area where you could use a horse...on the other hand it should be safe in town.

The rest I have to research...stay tuned...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I could answer this but instead I'll ask "Should a Paladin of Ragethiel join up with a mature Red Dragon who wants to destroy the Red Dragon Orb of Dragonkind because she doesn't want it used by others, especially an evil storm giant.

I know standard Paladins can team up with evil forces to stop a greater Evil...but I am not sure if Ragethiel as anything specific to his code...I will have to research this...


Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
1) yes...I have run the first part...and skimmed the rest.

I've asked this in another thread, but have gotten zero responses. :( Most likely because the playtest is sucking up all the oxygen.

The Iron Gods adventure path has a lot of dungeons. But, I have a player who wants to be a member of the Black Horse tribe. Such a character should own a horse, but I have some questions.

  • How useful is warhorse ownership in this adventure path?
  • Will the heroes be able to safely store their horses while they are exploring? (for example, when they have secured Aldronard’s Grave in Lords of Rust).

If the horse is not very useful, would it be a hindrance? Also, if it is not very useful, would it be okay to give the player the animal without making him pay for it.

On a related topic, what kind of horse do the Black Horse tribe raise?

I will double check but I don't think a horse would be very useful in this Adventure Path.,,definitly in the first book I can not think of a area where you could use a horse...on the other hand it should be safe in town.

The rest I have to research...stay tuned...

Yes being a mounted focused character would not be useful in this AP...though I don't see it being a hindrance either...it should be safe if left on it's own...unless the GM wants to be mean.

As to what kind of horse...I always pictured light warhorses...


Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I could answer this but instead I'll ask "Should a Paladin of Ragethiel join up with a mature Red Dragon who wants to destroy the Red Dragon Orb of Dragonkind because she doesn't want it used by others, especially an evil storm giant.
I know standard Paladins can team up with evil forces to stop a greater Evil...but I am not sure if Ragethiel as anything specific to his code...I will have to research this...

Reading the Ragethiel Paladin Code I would say it is possible...but once the task is done there could be a fight...


Yep. That's what I thought. *girds up the Paladin to fight the mature adult Red Dragon... in about 5-7 levels...*


Thomas Seitz wrote:
Yep. That's what I thought. *girds up the Paladin to fight the mature adult Red Dragon... in about 5-7 levels...*

Unless she shows signs of redemption....that could be interesting RP...


Unlikely. Unless the GM REALLY wants us to have a red dragon on our side...


What GM would not want that? ;)

3,001 to 3,050 of 5,612 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.