>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

201 to 250 of 5,325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

If you try to fail, but you succeed, which have you done?


Lord Fyre wrote:
If you try to fail, but you succeed, which have you done?

I have Failed.

Sidenote: Page 5 here we come...:)


OK. Done padding your thread... I was Ahead of many posts... But pizza and Tacos take a second seat to... whatever... I see.


Brian Kovich wrote:

OK. Done padding your thread... I was Ahead of many posts... But pizza and Tacos take a second seat to... whatever... I see.

I am really sorry for missing your posts...if you look at the time of those post you would see I was replying to another and completely missed it.

To belatedly answear your posts...

New York style pizza.

And either corn or flour.


Do you forgive me?

Silver Crusade

I don't know if we can.

Favorite monster?


Brian Kovich wrote:

Do you forgive me?

There is nothing to forgive...the fault lies with me.


lucky7 wrote:
I don't know if we can.

Sure we can!

lucky7 wrote:
Favorite monster?

Wrewolves...as a matter of fact I love werewolves so much I even like it when they are the good guys.

As a GM or player though I have to say anything w/ Class levels.

Silver Crusade

What's so cool with class levels?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?


lucky7 wrote:
What's so cool with class levels?

Anything really.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so Lord Fyre but with the world turning how can we dance?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

John Kretzer wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
I think so Lord Fyre but with the world turning how can we dance?

Oh! Come on!

Great call back to page 2, b.t.w.


Lord Fyre wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
I think so Lord Fyre but with the world turning how can we dance?

Oh! Come on!

Great call back to page 2, b.t.w.

That....and it is also a reference to the Midnight Oil's song Beds are Burning.


If there is an afterlife, which Religion do you adhere to? Which do you find most favorable?

Silver Crusade

How would you attempt to stir up controversy?


Brian Kovich wrote:
If there is an afterlife, which Religion do you adhere to? Which do you find most favorable?

I was raised a Roman Catholic.....have since moved away from that to a anti-organized religious belief system. I believe ones relationship with the Divine is personal matter. Organized relgions tend to start corrupting it too much for my taste.

I do believe there is a afterlife....as to what it is...I'll tell you hopefuly in what will be a long while.


lucky7 wrote:
How would you attempt to stir up controversy?

In RL...just by playing Devils' Advocate to peoples political or relgion dogma.

In gasme....have the players going after a mind flayer find out that that mind flayer is guarded by 100 children. That conversation was really awesome between the Paladin and the CN Rogue.


What color Jelly Bean?


lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!

I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.


Brian Kovich wrote:
What color Jelly Bean?

Not a big fan of jelly beans.....but I do like orange, purple, and red.


Wheatley wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!
I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.

Advice when you come upon such a staement just act confused till the person explains it.

Silver Crusade

What IS your favorite chewy candy?


John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!
I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.
Advice when you come upon such a staement just act confused till the person explains it.

Nope, I don't need explanations. Figured it out all on my own, see? It really wasn't all that hard, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm not a moron, you know!


lucky7 wrote:
What IS your favorite chewy candy?

Orange or grape flavored chewing gum.

Silver Crusade

What is your favorite spell?


Wheatley wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!
I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.
Advice when you come upon such a staement just act confused till the person explains it.
Nope, I don't need explanations. Figured it out all on my own, see? It really wasn't all that hard, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm not a moron, you know!

Of course the other tactic is to pretend you understand it so don't appear dumb....which workls great if you don't really care.


lucky7 wrote:
What is your favorite spell?

I though I answeared this...

Anyway right now my favorite spell is Pup Shape....best spell to deal with mounted characters ever...or those with animal companions.

Silver Crusade

Ah. Fight or flight?


lucky7 wrote:
Ah. Fight or flight?

Fight. Of course.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Do you suffer from Altitis?

Silver Crusade

What's Altitis?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Do you suffer from Altitis?

No. Though I do have a alot of RPG characters...it is not my fault. I swear people just have to keep making new games....of course denial is the first sign..mmmm


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lucky7 wrote:
What's Altitis?

Apperently somebody who keep making alternative characters for mmos. Atleast that is what I got from the link.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

lucky7 wrote:
What's Altitis?

It is linked. ... as it was above

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

John Kretzer wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
What's Altitis?
Apperently somebody who keep making alternative characters for mmos. Atleast that is what I got from the link.

it's not just for MMOs. :)


John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!
I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.
Advice when you come upon such a staement just act confused till the person explains it.
Nope, I don't need explanations. Figured it out all on my own, see? It really wasn't all that hard, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm not a moron, you know!
Of course the other tactic is to pretend you understand it so don't appear dumb....which workls great if you don't really care.

I just said I AM NOT A MORON!!


Wheatley wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
John Kretzer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
lucky7 wrote:
This...statement...is...false!
I'm going to go with... yes. Wait. No, yes. I'm sure that's the answer.
Advice when you come upon such a staement just act confused till the person explains it.
Nope, I don't need explanations. Figured it out all on my own, see? It really wasn't all that hard, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm not a moron, you know!
Of course the other tactic is to pretend you understand it so don't appear dumb....which workls great if you don't really care.
I just said I AM NOT A MORON!!

Of course not....who said you were?


If there's a bright center to the universe, which is the planet that it's farthest
from?


Brian Kovich wrote:

If there's a bright center to the universe, which is the planet that it's farthest

from?

Tatooine

Silver Crusade

How do you know this stuff?


lucky7 wrote:
How do you know this stuff?

I am really smart.

Now imagine if you guys asked for help with your characters or campaigns instead of these soft ball questions.

Silver Crusade

What are the odds of a character surviving in the Sodden Lands?

What AP do you want to see next?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

lucky7 wrote:
What AP do you want to see next?

I will second this one!

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

John Kretzer wrote:
Now imagine if you guys asked for help with your characters or campaigns instead of these soft ball questions.

Alright.

My group will be starting up the Legacy of Fire adventure path using Pathfinder rules.

Conditions:
Paizo Published Material only.
Non-Core races permitted on a case-by-case basis after GM review on the race in question (to make sure it is not (in the GM's opinion) "overpowered")
Epic Array (per PFRPG Core p. 16)
Classes with less then 4+Int skill points per level, will receive 4+int skill points per level
Random Starting Gold
By group agreement, I will be the "healer."

  • Since you have gone through the AP, what is your opinion on the most effect race/class/deity options for this role (both from a "role-playing" and mechanical perspective)?
  • Do you have recommendations on starting traits, feats, skills, and/or languages (agian from both a "role-playing" and mechanical perspective)?

  • Silver Crusade

    What is the viability of a PFS Phalanx fighter?

    Should a druid have an animal companion or domain? Which of either?


    lucky7 wrote:
    What are the odds of a character surviving in the Sodden Lands?

    Depends on the character....Trident The Sea king....fairly good...Ashiel the desert runner...not so much.

    lucky7 wrote:
    What AP do you want to see next?

    There is two I would like to see.

    A political Taldor one.

    or

    A Exploration one exploring one of the uncovered areas.


    Lord Fyre wrote:
    John Kretzer wrote:
    Now imagine if you guys asked for help with your characters or campaigns instead of these soft ball questions.

    Alright.

    My group will be starting up the Legacy of Fire adventure path using Pathfinder rules.

    Conditions:
    Paizo Published Material only.
    Non-Core races permitted on a case-by-case basis after GM review on the race in question (to make sure it is not (in the GM's opinion) "overpowered")
    Epic Array (per PFRPG Core p. 16)
    Classes with less then 4+Int skill points per level, will receive 4+int skill points per level
    Random Starting Gold
    By group agreement, I will be the "healer."

    Lord Fyre wrote:
  • Since you have gone through the AP, what is your opinion on the most effect race/class/deity options for this role (both from a "role-playing" and mechanical perspective)?
  • Race: I would have to say one of the Elemental races(Ifrits, Oreads, Sylphs, Undines, or Sulis) could lead to interesting RP as you deal with alot of genies later in the AP. Of those Sulis and Ifrits have fire resistance which will help you in the desert.

    Class: If you go with one of the recommended races above...I would go with either a Sulis Cleric or Ifrit Witch with the Hedge Witch Archetypes from UM. A Hedge Witch can be a very effective healer(though nbot as good as a cleric due the fact you have no channels) but you will have defferent options than a normal cleric.

    Deity: Depends you could go for one of the locals like Sarenae...and fit in better or you could go with a foreigner...and stand out more. Depends how you really want to go. Also with Chronicles of the Righteous there is atleast 30 + more options.

    Lord Fyre wrote:
  • Do you have recommendations on starting traits, feats, skills, and/or languages (agian from both a "role-playing" and mechanical perspective)?
  • Traits: I would defintly pick a campaign trait...which one depends on your character concept.

    Feats: Nothing stood out...though if you pick the Witch class....Extra Hexes is always a great choice.

    Skills: The one good thing about the APs...is having some generalize skills is rewarded. So I would said allocate somer skill popints to things all around.

    Language: That might be a little spoilling...I would say Gnoll m,ight be useful though.


    lucky7 wrote:
    What is the viability of a PFS Phalanx fighter?

    (I Don't see why not...though I have almost no experience with the PFS so I might be missing something.

    lucky7 wrote:
    Should a druid have an animal companion or domain? Which of either?

    Depends on the concept...I always like the animal companion though.

    Again depends on the character concept on which one he or she should take.

    RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

    John Kretzer wrote:
    Race: I would have to say one of the Elemental races(Ifrits, Oreads, Sylphs, Undines, or Sulis) could lead to interesting RP as you deal with alot of genies later in the AP. Of those Sulis and Ifrits have fire resistance which will help you in the desert.

    Sulis interest me, but the intelligence penalty is painful. However, since I do not have a high opinion of the gaming skills of the "Primary Melee" player, the Strength bonus might prove important later.

    John Kretzer wrote:
    Class: If you go with one of the recommended races above...I would go with either a Sulis Cleric or Ifrit Witch with the Hedge Witch Archetypes from UM. A Hedge Witch can be a very effective healer(though nbot as good as a cleric due the fact you have no channels) but you will have defferent options than a normal cleric.

    What about the "other" use for Channeling (i.e., smiting undead)?

    John Kretzer wrote:
    Deity: Depends you could go for one of the locals like Sarenae...and fit in better or you could go with a foreigner...and stand out more. Depends how you really want to go. Also with Chronicles of the Righteous there is at least 30 + more options.

    The traits in the Player's Guide REALLY seem to want a priest of Sarenrae. :\

    John Kretzer wrote:
    Traits: I would defintly pick a campaign trait...which one depends on your character concept.

    The campaign traits strike me as a bit uneven. "Finding Haleen" seems a might overpowered under Pathfinder, but "Reclaiming your Roots" looks pathetically weak.

    John Kretzer wrote:
    Skills: The one good thing about the APs...is having some generalize skills is rewarded. So I would said allocate some skill points to things all around.

    Do you think that is the motivation of the GM in putting a floor on how many skills points a character gets per level?

    201 to 250 of 5,325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.