>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

451 to 500 of 5,346 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Orthos wrote:
... apologies for the hijack, but hope that provides some inspiration or suggestions you might be able to make use of =D

No problems...a conversation is also fine. Though you could have asked a question to keep the thread's spirit alive and well...;)

@Set: interesting in giving dwarves the int bonus...make sense as well. Though if you do that to dwarves...maybe we could change the Elf bonus to int to Wisdom. I always like the ying/yang realationship between dwarves and elves...because it rarely( will in most campaign settings) leads to actualy combat. This would make elves more intutive to the dwarves int logical preciseness.

@Orthos: I really liked the Evil Disease...I might steal that...though I would not have it know race limits.

I once ran a campaign setting where the gods went to war and destroyed each other alone with much of the population. The main races were humans, Assimars( who became the corrupt decadent nobility) and tieflings(who were 3rd class citizens). There were some half-elves communities as well. But dwarves were not around...though there is some rumors that the were clans who are hiding in the underground regions. Elves are also pretty much missing...though again there a rumors of ancient elves still about. I found it interesting in reversing the assimar and tiefling general alignment.

I am currently working on a campaign setting with limited races. I think I will steal Set's idea for the change to swarves racial mods...adding my own to elves from above. Halfling are a created race by The Evil Empire to inflitate the free territories. While most broke away from their conditioning...they did alot of damage so there is alot of distrust...in some of the countries they are outright banned.

Dark Archive

John Kretzer wrote:
@Set: interesting in giving dwarves the int bonus...make sense as well. Though if you do that to dwarves...maybe we could change the Elf bonus to int to Wisdom. I always like the ying/yang realationship between dwarves and elves...because it rarely( will in most campaign settings) leads to actualy combat. This would make elves more intutive to the dwarves int logical preciseness.

I'd go with Charisma for the elves. I really think that the 3.0 designers missed the boat when they introduced the sorcerer, which just screamed 'elven innate magical nature' and then had elves take Favored Class wizard...

The ideal elf is a bard anyway. A little magic, some light armor, some swordplay, and maybe even such innate magic that it carries over into their art.

IMO;
Dwarves - +2 Con, -2 Dex, +2 Int (the Dex penalty is a *much* harsher mistress than -2 Dump Stat, and yet has zero effect on their ability to Craft and run big trade consortiums)

Elves - -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha (I live in the woods and live forever and have a Con penalty? No.)

Halflings - -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis (perceptive little buggers, and surprisingly good at making Will rolls to avoid being corrupted by magic rings)

Gnomes - +2 Int *or* +2 Wis *or* +2 Cha (pick one, no physical stat mods at all, making gnomes a size Small race without a Str penalty (wiry fellows!), and these aren't 'sub-races.' A gnome illusionist with a +2 Int can marry a gnome tinkerer with a +2 Int, and their kid could end up a bard with a +2 Cha or a druid with a +2 Wisd and be a terrible disappointment to both of them. I wanted something that could grandfather in the 'FC: Illusionist' gnome of 3.0, the 'FC: Bard' gnome of 3.5 and the 'Iconic Druid' gnome of PF.)

1/2 Elves - +2 Dex *or* +2 Cha (pick one, you inherited physical grace or social grace)

1/2 Orcs - +2 Str *or* +2 Wis (pick one, you inherited big muscles, or a stubborn never-say-die attitude and keen animalistic senses)

Humans - +2 anything (pick one)

.

Oh hey, questions! Topic!

What are some of your favorite comics teams, characters, companies and / or storylines?


Set wrote:

I'd go with Charisma for the elves. I really think that the 3.0 designers missed the boat when they introduced the sorcerer, which just screamed 'elven innate magical nature' and then had elves take Favored Class wizard...

The ideal elf is a bard anyway. A little magic, some light armor, some swordplay, and maybe even such innate magic that it carries over into their art.

Oh I could see Cha too. I was going with making them a little more opposite of dwarves which Wisdom make a little more sense to me.

Also 'a little magic, some light armor, some swird play' elves are rorely missing from the game now a days...sure I know there is multiclassing, new classes(like the Duskblade or the Magus), and PrCs...but nothing just captures that Basic D&D feel. Sigh.

Set wrote:

IMO;

Dwarves - +2 Con, -2 Dex, +2 Int (the Dex penalty is a *much* harsher mistress than -2 Dump Stat, and yet has zero effect on their ability to Craft and run big trade consortiums)

Elves - -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha (I live in the woods and live forever and have a Con penalty? No.)

Halflings - -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis (perceptive little buggers, and surprisingly good at making Will rolls to avoid being corrupted by magic rings)

Gnomes - +2 Int *or* +2 Wis *or* +2 Cha (pick one, no physical stat mods at all, making gnomes a size Small race without a Str penalty (wiry fellows!), and these aren't 'sub-races.' A gnome illusionist with a +2 Int can marry a gnome tinkerer with a +2 Int, and their kid could end up a bard with a +2 Cha or a druid with a +2 Wisd and be a terrible disappointment to both of them. I wanted something that could grandfather in the 'FC: Illusionist' gnome of 3.0, the 'FC: Bard' gnome of 3.5 and the 'Iconic Druid' gnome of PF.)

1/2 Elves - +2 Dex *or* +2 Cha (pick one, you inherited physical grace or social grace)

1/2 Orcs - +2 Str *or* +2 Wis (pick one, you inherited big muscles, or a stubborn never-say-die attitude and keen animalistic senses)

Humans - +2 anything (pick one).

I have no problems with any of these...but should not the gnome recieve a penalty to especialy with getting a choice in which stat gets a bonus.

Also I would probably leave the bonus stat bonus floating for the half races...unless you are giving something.

Set wrote:

Oh hey, questions! Topic!

What are some of your favorite comics teams, characters, companies and / or storylines?

Mmmm... my favorite comedy team currently as to be Simon Peg and Nick Frost(?). The guys who brought us Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc.

At the NY Ren Faire there was a comedy act called something Shakespeare...I don't think they have them anymore but the few times I caught the show it very funny.

Dark Archive

John Kretzer wrote:
I have no problems with any of these...but should not the gnome receive a penalty to especially with getting a choice in which stat gets a bonus.

A +2 to a choice of the three mental stats still ends up just a blanket +2, and inferior to the current PF deal for Humans, Half Elves and Half Orcs, who can choose *any* stat at all, so I didn't feel that it was that much of a bonus over the current setup.

It's a small bit of extra versatility for the gnomes, true, and removing their penalty to strength perhaps even adds even more (by making melee / fighting options a bit less unattractive).

Jorhn Kretzer wrote:
]Also I would probably leave the bonus stat bonus floating for the half races...unless you are giving something.

I did kind of tone down the 1/2 Elf and 1/2 Orc choices by limiting them to +2 Dex or +2 Cha and +2 Str or +2 Wis, but I didn't really come up with any other bonuses to give them.

Set wrote:

Set wrote:

Oh hey, questions! Topic!

What are some of your favorite comics teams, characters, companies and / or storylines?

John Kretzer wrote:

Mmmm... my favorite comedy team currently as to be Simon Peg and Nick Frost(?). The guys who brought us Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc.

At the NY Ren Faire there was a comedy act called something Shakespeare... I don't think they have them anymore but the few times I caught the show it very funny.

King Richard's Faire in Mass used to have a comedy sketch by a pair called 'Smee & Blogg' that was pretty hilarious!

But I totally failed in my question, since it was supposed to be about comic books and not comedians! :)


@Set: My bad...

To answear you actual question...

Teams: I liked X-Men...well most of the X-Teams till they got to X-Force. Though Exclaibur I liked alot. I also liked Thunderbolts.

Characters: Wolverine, Night Crawler, Shadowcat(Kitty Pryde), Captain America, Beast, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Zartana(only one from DC really), Daredevil.

Companies: I liked Marvel much better than DC. I just liked the characters better...they seemed more grounded...more relateable.

Storylinesa: My all time favorite has to be the Born Again storyline from Daredevil.


Anymore questions? Anyone?

Dark Archive

Has Cosmo finally figured out that his Favorites will be worth more individually if he quits giving us so many of them?

Or has he turned his face from us and left us forsaken?

<a great wailing arises>

Silver Crusade

What is your favorite civilization from history?


Set wrote:

Has Cosmo finally figured out that his Favorites will be worth more individually if he quits giving us so many of them?

Or has he turned his face from us and left us forsaken?

<a great wailing arises>

I think Cosmo has decided to take a leave absence so he can do more Evil.

I kinda miss my favorite posts number go up though.


lucky7 wrote:
What is your favorite civilization from history?

Gaelic...alls interested me.

And the Vikings.


questions?


Any questions at all?


I'm thinking, I'm thinking...

Well, my usual (and only on Barcelona with some regular import that I know) RPG store have some distribution problems right now, I'm still waiting my copy of Chronicle of the Righteous. And some bad experience with postal shipping (one returned to Japan for custom tariffs, and another arrived completely broken and the postal service denied everything) makes me completely terrified of international postal service.
Soo seems I only have PDF, which I don't like for long books like Mythic adventures. What do you think of that situation? Thinking on the future Exalted 3 Ed, have you ever used Print on Demand?

And... how many campaigns have you open right now? My group usually have like 5-6 open, minimun.

Silver Crusade

How would you go about building a collapsible sword as a stat block for PF?


Alaryth wrote:

I'm thinking, I'm thinking...

Well, my usual (and only on Barcelona with some regular import that I know) RPG store have some distribution problems right now, I'm still waiting my copy of Chronicle of the Righteous. And some bad experience with postal shipping (one returned to Japan for custom tariffs, and another arrived completely broken and the postal service denied everything) makes me completely terrified of international postal service.
Soo seems I only have PDF, which I don't like for long books like Mythic adventures. What do you think of that situation? Thinking on the future Exalted 3 Ed, have you ever used Print on Demand?

I think it does kinda of sucks. I can't read pdfs for long either...though I am lucky (knock on wood) that I get reliable and affordable deliveries.

As for print on demand...never have much of a chance to get anything that way...though I would not be oppose to it.

Alaryth wrote:

And... how many campaigns have you open right now? My group usually have like 5-6 open, minimun.

Ok got to break this up by groups...

The game I run every other Sat. has only on current game.

The Thursday group has three games...a PF evil campaign that takes place in Irrisen that is currently on hiatus, the L5R campaign, and a Iron Kingdoms game.

The Other gaming group has...currently about 30...yes thirty. Due to a combination of the GM being out of work for two years...thus lots of free time....new people joining the group and instead of adding them to a old game creating a new game(though this is sometimes done so games don't get too big)...and about 10 of those ongoing campaigns is the GM Champions game(super heroes) which all go through hiatus after a certain number of sessions.

But yes it is a little insame...and since the GM works retail hell and has no set schedule pretty much we play whatever game is possible with who can make it. It is pretty much Gamer's Potluck. It is not too bad...one of my mutant abilities is perfect recall in regards to RPG campaigns. It does get frustrating though at times...as I want to finish up some APs...so I can run them...also I like playing some characters more than others... but I have made my peace with it.


lucky7 wrote:
How would you go about building a collapsible sword as a stat block for PF?

That is a tough one...

I would probably have it feature that can be added to any one handed swords( though not bastard swords) give it a bonus( probably a +4 maybe a +2) to be concealed via sleight of hand and maybe give the Fragile weapon ability from UC. Maybe make it a move action to deploy.

I might also make a weapon enchantment that would do the about except without the fragile and make it deploy as a free action. I would probably add just a flat +2000gp to the item cost. I also might allow it with all weapons.

Silver Crusade

How do we know your name is REALLY John Kretzer?


lucky7 wrote:
How do we know your name is REALLY John Kretzer?

You don't.

Like you don't know that I am really a 12 year old girl pretending to be a middle aged, slightly over weight balding guy...muwhahahaha.

Nope I am the real John Kretzer....for one I don't think there is anyone out there that would want to steal my identity...sigh.


So, any more questions for me, John Kretzer? Because that's who I am. For real.


TOTALLY John Kretzer wrote:
So, any more questions for me, John Kretzer? Because that's who I am. For real.

Sigh...I'll just put it this way...My name is in Blue...you name is in red( or is that a dark pink?....).

Silver Crusade

Well, for the color blind, it could be difficult. TOTALLY Not John has a valid point there.


lucky7 wrote:
Well, for the color blind, it could be difficult. TOTALLY Not John has a valid point there.

Damn it...I am going to loose my color blind fans....

COSMO!!! *shakes Fist*


I'll fix this! Any questions?!?


TOTALLY John Kretzer wrote:
I'll fix this! Any questions?!?

Hi there I am Emperor Floyd John Kretzer's cat. I can determine who is the rea; John Kretzer. Answear this simple question...

Why does John think I am a vampire?


It's obvious. We were both there. Me. John Kretzer.


TOTALLY John Kretzer wrote:
It's obvious. We were both there. Me. John Kretzer.

Than you should have no pronlems listing the reasons.


1. You always seem to try to ambush me.

2. You hate when I prepare steak.

3. Last but not least, the biting.


Nope...

1) Floyd aviods sunlight. He never sleeps in it....if he is caught outside during the day he sticks to the shadows.

2) He sleeps during the day away from windows and such where he might get some daylight. He waits till dusk to go out.

3) When he kill rabbits there is very little blood. Yet he removes the heads...why will obviously he does not want a army of vampire rabbits running around...which kinda of sucks as Bunnicula was a awesome book.

4) He eats very little real food...and seems to be unable to keep it down.


John Kretzer wrote:

Nope...

1) Floyd aviods sunlight. He never sleeps in it....if he is caught outside during the day he sticks to the shadows.

2) He sleeps during the day away from windows and such where he might get some daylight. He waits till dusk to go out.

3) When he kill rabbits there is very little blood. Yet he removes the heads...why will obviously he does not want a army of vampire rabbits running around...which kinda of sucks as Bunnicula was a awesome book.

4) He eats very little real food...and seems to be unable to keep it down.

All true...

I think this seatlles who the Real John Kretzer is...

Now lets get back to questions.


Now that the imposter has been dealt with.

Anymore questions?


Are you totally sure that is the REAL Floyd?

Shadow Lodge

Have you tested garlic against Floyd? It's the only remaining vampire trigger you didn't list.


What was the impostor?
An evil twin?
A replica robot?
A clon?
Another you from an alternative reality?


Alaryth wrote:

What was the impostor?

An evil twin?
A replica robot?
A clon?
Another you from an alternative reality?

Was "clon" a typo of "clone" or "cylon"?


I, John Kretzer, would rather not say.


Brandon Verkennes wrote:
Alaryth wrote:

What was the impostor?

An evil twin?
A replica robot?
A clon?
Another you from an alternative reality?
Was "clon" a typo of "clone" or "cylon"?

Ups, Clon= clone in spanish :P

Mmmm... Kretzer the Second don't want to answer. Innnnnnnteresting


I'm TOTALLY John Kretzer! It even says.

John Kretzer wrote:
I am the fake. TOTALLY John is Real.


Some of the Jhon has a sister called Dolly?

Silver Crusade

*yawns* Hey guys, I'm back...what the? TWO Johns. Hey Alaryth, get the gun.


Calex wrote:
Are you totally sure that is the REAL Floyd?

Yes only the most fool gardly would try to impersonate him.


Orthos wrote:
Have you tested garlic against Floyd? It's the only remaining vampire trigger you didn't list.

I will do so at the ealiest convient time and report the results.


Alaryth wrote:

What was the impostor?

An evil twin?
A replica robot?
A clon?
Another you from an alternative reality?

I am going with alternative reality of me...which technicaly mean he is me in way...mmm...


Alaryth wrote:
Brandon Verkennes wrote:
Alaryth wrote:

What was the impostor?

An evil twin?
A replica robot?
A clon?
Another you from an alternative reality?
Was "clon" a typo of "clone" or "cylon"?

Ups, Clon= clone in spanish :P

Mmmm... Kretzer the Second don't want to answer. Innnnnnnteresting

You se that is futher proof as we all know I, The Real John Kretzer, can't resist answearing any question.


TOTALLY John Kretzer wrote:

I'm TOTALLY John Kretzer! It even says.

John Kretzer wrote:
I am the fake. TOTALLY John is Real.

Sigh...give it up pale imitation JK.

Or answaer this question...What is John Kretzer's middle name?


Alaryth wrote:
Some of the Jhon has a sister called Dolly?

Don't get this...


lucky7 wrote:
*yawns* Hey guys, I'm back...what the? TWO Johns. Hey Alaryth, get the gun.

Sigh...Shoot is both I will not have some imposter John spreading unwise things and such on this thread when the good folk here at the Pazio Messgae boards come here seeking my wisdom.

Silver Crusade

What IS your wisdom?

Silver Crusade

And now I'm mad, cuz I can't use TJK ever again.


lucky7 wrote:
What IS your wisdom?

18


lucky7 wrote:
And now I'm mad, cuz I can't use TJK ever again.

You can...if you want.

451 to 500 of 5,346 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.