>>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ <<


Off-Topic Discussions

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,474 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

So...at a friend's party...I am really drunk right now...and I am feeling some gender dysphoria...it sucks...my life sucks....

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
So...at a friend's party...I am really drunk right now...and I am feeling some gender dysphoria...it sucks...my life sucks....

Can we help?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
So...at a friend's party...I am really drunk right now...and I am feeling some gender dysphoria...it sucks...my life sucks....

We're here if you need us.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Are you gaming this weekend?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It was tough and...there really is nothing anybody here can do...I just needed to let it out I guess....

A friend came by and I could distract myself and I got my balance back.

I think I need to get a little less drunk...or maybe to skip those parties...some the crap they say is not really LGBTQ+ friendly...and makes me not feel safe to come out to those people in particular...and my friend who has been accepting probably said one of the most offensive things about Trans people I have ever heard...though i will probably speak to him about because i doubt he realizes it...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Are you gaming this weekend?

I guess so though it was not really good....

Next weekend will be better I hope...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*sends hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:

It was tough and...there really is nothing anybody here can do...I just needed to let it out I guess....

A friend came by and I could distract myself and I got my balance back.

I think I need to get a little less drunk...or maybe to skip those parties...some the crap they say is not really LGBTQ+ friendly...and makes me not feel safe to come out to those people in particular...and my friend who has been accepting probably said one of the most offensive things about Trans people I have ever heard...though i will probably speak to him about because i doubt he realizes it...

If a space doesn't feel safe and accepting, I think it's maybe not the best place to spend your leisure time? Parties are supposed to be fun things where you can relax and socialise, and if you don't feel safe and comfortable there, it kind of defeats the purpose of going - are there any LGBT friendly groups or venues in your area? You could try and meet some new people who are a bit more accepting (I am not sure if they have Meetup groups where you are, or even LGBT friendly venues like bars or cafes? But it is worth looking into).

We can all talk with you on here, but it is usually good to have nice accepting people to talk with in person (and, you are more likely to meet someone to be romantically involved with in accepting venues, which is something you have mentioned wanting before)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Check this out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

It was tough and...there really is nothing anybody here can do...I just needed to let it out I guess....

A friend came by and I could distract myself and I got my balance back.

I think I need to get a little less drunk...or maybe to skip those parties...some the crap they say is not really LGBTQ+ friendly...and makes me not feel safe to come out to those people in particular...and my friend who has been accepting probably said one of the most offensive things about Trans people I have ever heard...though i will probably speak to him about because i doubt he realizes it...

If a space doesn't feel safe and accepting, I think it's maybe not the best place to spend your leisure time? Parties are supposed to be fun things where you can relax and socialise, and if you don't feel safe and comfortable there, it kind of defeats the purpose of going - are there any LGBT friendly groups or venues in your area? You could try and meet some new people who are a bit more accepting (I am not sure if they have Meetup groups where you are, or even LGBT friendly venues like bars or cafes? But it is worth looking into).

We can all talk with you on here, but it is usually good to have nice accepting people to talk with in person (and, you are more likely to meet someone to be romantically involved with in accepting venues, which is something you have mentioned wanting before)

I had a talk with my friend and he didn't realize exactly what he was saying...he pretty much made a very bad analogy. We are going to work on it.

But you are right I need to find LGBT friendly places...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Check this out.

I want to say...I knew that all a long but I guess it is nice the science if finally catching up.

Of course the morons will stand by the decades old 'scientific' studies that say the opposite...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)

Brokeback Pirate...actually the plot probably doesn't change much...I mean cowboys become pirates...etc...oh and no shame.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)

Brokeback Pirate...actually the plot probably doesn't change much...I mean cowboys become pirates...etc...oh and no shame.

But, if there is no shame, the plot would change quite a bit. :(

(It would, instead, be just like the thousands of Hetero love stories in Cinema.)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)

Brokeback Pirate...actually the plot probably doesn't change much...I mean cowboys become pirates...etc...oh and no shame.

But, if there is no shame, the plot would change quite a bit. :(

(It would, instead, be just like the thousands of Hetero love stories in Cinema.)

If you had a time machine, to when would you go?


Lord Fyre wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)

Brokeback Pirate...actually the plot probably doesn't change much...I mean cowboys become pirates...etc...oh and no shame.

But, if there is no shame, the plot would change quite a bit. :(

(It would, instead, be just like the thousands of Hetero love stories in Cinema.)
If you had a time machine, to when would you go?

Future....

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

If you added or replaced the word "pirate" in the title of a story, what would the resulting plot and title become? (Pick any story - book, movie, etc.)

Brokeback Pirate...actually the plot probably doesn't change much...I mean cowboys become pirates...etc...oh and no shame.

But, if there is no shame, the plot would change quite a bit. :(

(It would, instead, be just like the thousands of Hetero love stories in Cinema.)
If you had a time machine, to when would you go?
Future....

How far?

What would you be hoping to find?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Far enough ahead that they have perfected gender reassignment procedures.


So...anymore questions for me?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Far enough ahead that they have perfected gender reassignment procedures.

(Not to mention ... employer provided health plan's covering those procedures.)

Actually, is "gender reassignment" the right word? You are already a girl, the procedures would only be correcting the mis-match.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
So...anymore questions for me?

You need to be surrounded by hot, scantily clad women! ... you need to be one of those hot, scantily clad women!

That would improve your mood. ... and that would REALLY improve your mood.

Yes, I do realize that is moderately sexist. That does not make it untrue.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Far enough ahead that they have perfected gender reassignment procedures.

(Not to mention ... employer provided health plan's covering those procedures.)

Actually, is "gender reassignment" the right word? You are already a girl, the procedures would only be correcting the mis-match.

True...and I might be behind on my volcabury....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So...anymore questions for me?

You need to be surrounded by hot, scantily clad women! ... you need to be one of those hot, scantily clad women!

That would improve your mood. ... and that would REALLY improve your mood.

Yes, I do realize that is moderately sexist. That does not make it untrue.

Yes and YES!!!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Far enough ahead that they have perfected gender reassignment procedures.

(Not to mention ... employer provided health plan's covering those procedures.)

Actually, is "gender reassignment" the right word? You are already a girl, the procedures would only be correcting the mis-match.

True...and I might be behind on my volcabury....

I believe it’s gender confirmation surgery?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Far enough ahead that they have perfected gender reassignment procedures.

(Not to mention ... employer provided health plan's covering those procedures.)

Actually, is "gender reassignment" the right word? You are already a girl, the procedures would only be correcting the mis-match.

True...and I might be behind on my volcabury....
I believe it’s gender confirmation surgery?

I like that term better...but I have seen the other used as well...and it is not inaccurate...as your biological gender is being reassigned...


So anymore questions for me?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

What do you think of Ganzi?


I like them...though I will probably never get a chance to play one.,.though I probably should not say 'never'....

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Make em NPCs :3

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Just a reminder ...
“The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.” (Steven Wright)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

What evil conspiracy would you like to start?


Lord Fyre wrote:

Just a reminder ...

“The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.” (Steven Wright)

Steven Wright is very funny..,


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
What evil conspiracy would you like to start?

I would start Good conspitacy....

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
What evil conspiracy would you like to start?
I would start Good conspitacy....

What is a "conspitacy"?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
What evil conspiracy would you like to start?
I would start Good conspitacy....
What is a "conspitacy"?

Apparently all the Evil conspiracies messed with my autocorrect because they fear my Good Conspiracy...


Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
What evil conspiracy would you like to start?
I would start Good conspitacy....
What is a "conspitacy"?
Apparently all the Evil conspiracies messed with my autocorrect because they fear my Good Conspiracy...

We did not.


The Thread Necromancer wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
What evil conspiracy would you like to start?
I would start Good conspitacy....
What is a "conspitacy"?
Apparently all the Evil conspiracies messed with my autocorrect because they fear my Good Conspiracy...
We did not.

Did to!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I Knew It!!!

Actually most of my life I feel like the whole world gets together the night before and plans how to make my life horrible.,,


Selene Spires wrote:

I Knew It!!!

Actually most of my life I feel like the whole world gets together the night before and plans how to make my life horrible...

Not true. We don't need to meet that often.


Speaking of conspiracies, have you ever tried Anarchy? It works wonders with the sinuses.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

In the game Battleship (Parker Brothers, 1967), how many ocean squares are on the board of each player?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why are Medusa (Pathfinder 1st Edition Bestiary, p. 201) flagged as evil?

I know it has been that way since AD&D 1st Edition, but of all the creatures to be identified as evil ...


Guy FaWtL wrote:
Speaking of conspiracies, have you ever tried Anarchy? It works wonders with the sinuses.

No I have not...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
In the game Battleship (Parker Brothers, 1967), how many ocean squares are on the board of each player?

100


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:

Why are Medusa (Pathfinder 1st Edition Bestiary, p. 201) flagged as evil?

I know it has been that way since AD&D 1st Edition, but of all the creatures to be identified as evil ...

I am guessing because of tradition...personally I would love a story that makes her a hero...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

Why are Medusa (Pathfinder 1st Edition Bestiary, p. 201) flagged as evil?

I know it has been that way since AD&D 1st Edition, but of all the creatures to be identified as evil ...

I am guessing because of tradition...personally I would love a story that makes her a hero...

Check this out.

Also, we think like Gamers. Reading the legend, I am struck by the fact that Perseus was instructed to "bring back Medusa's head.

He was not actually told to kill her. So, another solution comes to mind. He had Hades's Helm of Invisibility, which would have allowed Medusa to travel safely.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Interesting tidbit The FR had lots of LGBTQ+ characters...a lot of it was subtle...but was there...

And, more openly, depictions of women were much more balanced. (... says the "Chainmail Bikini" advocate.)

Selene Spires wrote:

Then 4th ed FR came out...

All hints of LGBTQ+ characters were removed by the time jump...and not replaced...along with lots of strong female characters....

And that is why I will never buy a WotC product again...

Okay. But keep in mind that Hasbro was driving 4th Edition (to WoTC's detriment).

I'm going to put at least some of the blame back on the 4E developers and project managers. IDW pitched the idea of introducing canon female and LGBTQ Transformers other than Arcee* to Hasbro, and then ran with it, fleshing them out into fully-realized -- for good and bad -- inspirational, and fallible characters. And their comics sales, and the sales of those female toys, proved that they could satisfy existing female (and many male) fans and bring in new ones. and Hasbro has stuck with the new canon, even with the inevitable screeching from the loud minority of butthurt babymen.

I don't think the 4e guys were deliberately sexist and anti-LGBTIQ. But they are on record that the Faerun lore was too deep and "complicated", and blowing it all up -- and shoehorning in all their particular preferences, even ones that didn't make sense or really fit -- was their attempt to make it easier for themselves. They still never seemed to fully get that destroying all those beloved characters and canon would understandably turn off the buying fanbase. If the 4e developers had bothered to make the case that that deep lore and beloved characters were selling points, I'm sure Hasbro would have went along with it, because money is money.

* Arcee, in the IDW canon, is trans and bi, BTW. Mairghread Scott, who spearheaded the re-discovery of fembots storyline, also re-wrote Simon Furman's incredibly trans-ignorant/transphobic origin for her and helped develop her into a well-rounded but imperfect, takes-no-sh!t, kickass woman warrior.

Hey, where did that soapbox come from?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So...anymore questions for me?

You need to be surrounded by hot, scantily clad women! ... you need to be one of those hot, scantily clad women!

That would improve your mood. ... and that would REALLY improve your mood.

Yes, I do realize that is moderately sexist. That does not make it untrue.

Yes and YES!!!

I confess I still have a massive crush on Andreja Pejic, even before she transitioned.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry about being away again. Life too often sucks. Hope Selene and the rest of you are having a good Thursday at least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Er, good Wednesday. It's all running together.

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,474 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Selene Spire* ALL your question here¡¡ << All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.