101 Reasons You Are With Your Party


Gamer Life General Discussion

101 to 150 of 525 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

206: They're interesting people.

Shadow Lodge

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

207: Because how can you be a mercenary captain without other people to order around?


Vincent Takeda wrote:
Thank you signore for correcting the count. I was fooled by a comment into rewinding by a few!

I live to serve :)

208. A bunch of strangers pledged their swords, bow and axe to help you in your quest...and your best friend (who is better than you but won't admit it) decided to come along...and those two guys who do nothing but cause trouble...of course the wizard came along, it was his idea.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

209. If only I had a brain...
210. ...A heart...
211. ...A home...
212. ...The nerve...
213. We're off to see the Wizard!
214. Follow the yellow brick road!


215: We all answeared the same Adventure's want add

216: We all have the same taste in taverns.

217: We are the bastards of the same archmage who left us his magical boat/house/etc and now must work together as his will says or loose out on our inheritance.


218. It's a pirate's life for me!
219. I must find my fiancee Phillipe. He awaits me in the next town with all the gold from the sale of my family business. These lovely bounty hunters said they would help.
220. We have a message for the King.
221. All for one & one for all!
222. The local priest has been slain in the village of our childhood and we have sworn an oath of vengeance.
223. We've been hired to scout the path for a new road thru the mountains of doom.
224. Dwarven gold you say!?
225. Oh great, a bug hunt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

226. Because I'm a Master Summoner, and I bring the party with me!
227. I'm the GM. The party don't start 'til I walk in!


228. This isn't the seminar on how to cast 'Burning Hands'?
229. I hired on to drive the wagon. All combat will cost ya double.
230. This is where a life of depravity & drinking has led you.


231. (Actually happened) Party heads into a church to invite someone with curative spells to join them. They open with 'hey, there's someone who looks intelligent' and decide he's probably too expensive so they hire the other guy who looks pretty dumb (my character, who dumped intelligence).


231a. Your new friends pay you in shiny SILVER coins instead of the usual copper ones. OooOOOooohhh ... shinies ...


232. I'm not with them, my name is Noober.

Silver Crusade

We were all in town when it was attacked by goblins/kobolds/wolves/whatever.


13 people marked this as a favorite.

234. What can I say? In west Varisia I was born and raised, I was in the town I spent my childhood days, Chillin' out, training, relaxing all cool, Plunking some targets outside of the school, When a couple of Sczarni, they were up to no good, Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood! I got in one little fight, and my mom got scared, and said "You're going with your brother in that party right there!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Loup Blanc wrote:
234. What can I say? In west Varisia I was born and raised, I was in the town I spent my childhood days, Chillin' out, training, relaxing all cool, Plunking some targets outside of the school, When a couple of Sczarni, they were up to no good, Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood! I got in one little fight, and my mom got scared, and said "You're going with your brother in that party right there!"

You, sir, just won the Internets. All of them.


235. They put up with me.

236. Someone needs to say, "Here, here!" when I make a drunken toast.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

We're on a mission from God.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

238. In the art of running away, you only have to be faster than the slowest party member...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dreaming Psion wrote:
238. In the art of running away, you only have to be faster than the slowest party member...

238a. You're the one human wizard in a party consisting of one hobbit and 12 or 13 dwarves.

Silver Crusade

239. Loot.
239a. Even more loot.
240. You can't resist those Bambi eyes.
241. They all just happen to be the men and women who drove your family into the ground. There's an opportunity here somewhere.
242. The magus needs grief counseling.
242a. The party needs grief counseling.
243. You're essentially a wizard with a permanent Wall of Steel/Flesh cast.


244. You were blamed for the local tavern/brewery/beer supply burning down. "It wasn't my fault, honest. It really wasn't!"

Silver Crusade

245. Why not?

246. Death wish. Seriously. Look at them. It's sad.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

247. They're organ donors.

Silver Crusade

248. They respect my talents.
249. It was this or those idiots charging into the Worldwound.


250. I am the walrus. He is the eggman. They are the eggmen.

251. We're just four lost souls swimming in a fish bowl... year after year.

252. Well we're the type of guys who like to roam around. We're never in one place, we roam from town to town, we go through life without a care, and we're happy as some clowns with our two fists of fury but we're goin' nowhere...

253. I was sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come... And these guys turned out to be driving it.

254. "So I whined and whined to my uncle about wizard school and he said 'You can't go, we can't afford it.' But I whined and whined some more, but he said 'You have to finish those units on the south ridge' so I said 'OK', but instead I met up with this crazy old man who told me I was some sort of natural prodigy and he taught me how to do some really crazy stuff with my mind and so I went home and my aunt and uncle were fried into smoking skeletons on our doorstep and I thought 'Cool! Now I can go do what I really wanted!' So here I am. These guys here are mostly just to keep me from getting beat on by pointy sticks. They like it."


3 people marked this as a favorite.

255. You're never going to meet a nymph by just farting around in some tavern.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vincent Takeda wrote:
255. You're never going to meet a nymph by just farting around in some tavern.

255a. If you gotta go, go with a smile!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

256. "A gathering of angels appeared above my head,
They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said:
They said come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads;
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!"


Loup Blanc wrote:

256. "A gathering of angels appeared above my head,

They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said:
They said come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads;
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!"

256a. What you thought were bona-fide angels turned out to be a mangy bunch of murder hobo aasimar. You hit the jackpot!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

257. Because if we can't defend the earth you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it.

Silver Crusade

258. Cause I'm a wanderer, oh yeah a wander, I roam around around around around around!

259. ...I honestly have not the foggiest idea
259a. I had too much to drink last night and woke up next to a dead dragon, with them standing over me.

260. They freed me from the ice.


261. I paid for the last round.
262. 'You can choose your friends but not your family' so the saying goes... These are my cousins.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

263. Really, it was the handcuffs that did the deciding...

Silver Crusade

264. Parole.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

265: Stupid party! I'm only adventuring with them because I felt like it, n-not because I l-like the elf, or something like that. S-so don't get the wrong idea, got it?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

266. I have ranks in Profession: Barrister, and they're a lawsuit waiting to happen.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

267. I have ranks in Profession: Playwright, and they're a tragedy waiting to happen.
268. I have ranks in Profession: Playwright, and they're a comedy waiting to happen.

Dark Archive

269.

ME WANT SNOO SNOO.

Silver Crusade

270. I have no choice in the matter.
270a. The Hellknight and Samurai keep showing me up. It's depressing.

271. They chased me down and promised to do William Tell unless I joined.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

272. Because my Mother-in-Law said I'd never amount to anything.


273. If I didn't come they promised to sell my soul.
274. I owe them a life debt, they saved my sister.
275. Lost at poker last night....again.
276. The halfling makes the best cookies--EVER!!
277. Must learn to read the fine print BEFORE signing.


278. So these are the new recruits!? Well, the machine does need fresh meat...
279. Defenders of the Faith we are!
280. The trail of breadcrumbs was supposed to lead us home.
281. They know where the yellow brick road is.
282. They said I agreed to this dare last night. I think it was a bad batch of mead.
283. It got me out of peeling potatoes.


284. ... Well, to be honest it was them or another year of growing potatoes.
285. It was giving Old Ben his constructs back or another year of collecting moisture... And that girl was pretty hot.
286. Because I, Plod the Farm Boy, needed subordinates to destroy Bhagrot Skull-Tearer and his Army of Doom!!!
287. Because every true murder hobo needs witnesses to what she does, even though she sometimes remembers to leave a victim alive.
288. These guys? Ummm... I THINK they have been hanging around since I set out a few years back... Hey, wizard guy, what was your name again?
289. My animal companion needs a halfling to get the fleas out of his fur.
290. Because Bbegor the Evil told me to infiltrate the party... I shouldn't have said that, should I?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

291. The party that stays together slays together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

292. ... brains...


293. 'Party' is such an... over-used term. I prefer the word: Death-pact.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

294. Lost a bet with some god. Again.


295. Because...I HAVE THE POWER!!!
296. After sleeping with the Captain of the guard's daughter he gave me two choices, death or taxes.
297. An old gypsy scared my folks with a curse, now I have to fetch this thing called an ar-ti-fact.
298. I agreed to the death-pact, but only because the full package tour includes lots of elven nymphettes.
299. They lied about the nymphettes, now I must lure them all to their doom.
300. It was only a local county fair contest! They didn't tell me the winner of the obstacle course had to save civilization.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

301. This way, I can give out my business cards to a lot more people.


302. (Rubbing hands and smiling) All will be revelaed in due time...


303: I have a conscience!

304: Well I'm the only arcane spellcaster in the party and I make the Paladin look bad... mostly because I'm able to do most things better than him barring antagonising everybody when he demands them to either convert or die...

305: I don't need to outrun the Paladin only walk to the side to let the people he just p***ed off go after him...

306: Someone has to protect them from that fool!

307: I protect the cleric and the bard since they can cast healing spells and I'm the only arcane spellcaster... I still do a better job of protecting them than the Paladin.

308: When I play the cleric, I know to keep tabs on the dwarf fighter and the human rogue since they're more likely to keep me alive as they know I'll do the same in return but I just don't trust that elvish wizard...

309: I'm possibly the only amost teetotal member of the party... did I mention I can cook and as a halfling actually very good at it... and no I don't use poison! (Laxitives work so much better when they have only themselves to blame after all if they nick them off the plate without my knowledge!)

101 to 150 of 525 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / 101 Reasons You Are With Your Party All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.