Can a Magus get a Bonded Object


Rules Questions

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I know they can have Familiars and Blackblades, but can they get an Arcane bonded object that functions like that of a Wizards?? My plan is a Hexcrafter Magus who uses a Scythe as his weapon. I wanted to have a bonded staff that the scythe blade rests on so it will have a dual function. Though I am still considering taking the dip into Admixture Wizard for the Bonded Staff and Elemental changing abilities.


KrythePhreak wrote:
I know they can have Familiars and Blackblades, but can they get an Arcane bonded object that functions like that of a Wizards?? My plan is a Hexcrafter Magus who uses a Scythe as his weapon. I wanted to have a bonded staff that the scythe blade rests on so it will have a dual function. Though I am still considering taking the dip into Admixture Wizard for the Bonded Staff and Elemental changing abilities.

Yes but it will take two feats and a Charisma of 13 or higher.

Feat 1 - Skill Focus Knowledge (your choice)
Feat 2 - Eldritch Hertiage, Arcane Bloodline.

That's the only way I know of.

- Torger


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Torger Miltenberger wrote:
KrythePhreak wrote:
I know they can have Familiars and Blackblades, but can they get an Arcane bonded object that functions like that of a Wizards?? My plan is a Hexcrafter Magus who uses a Scythe as his weapon. I wanted to have a bonded staff that the scythe blade rests on so it will have a dual function. Though I am still considering taking the dip into Admixture Wizard for the Bonded Staff and Elemental changing abilities.

Yes but it will take two feats and a Charisma of 13 or higher.

Feat 1 - Skill Focus Knowledge (your choice)
Feat 2 - Eldritch Hertiage, Arcane Bloodline.

That's the only way I know of.

- Torger

This also gives the drawback of a bonded object too right? If he did not have the bonded item equiped he would have to make the spellcraft check to even cast the spell?


Banecrow wrote:
Torger Miltenberger wrote:
KrythePhreak wrote:
I know they can have Familiars and Blackblades, but can they get an Arcane bonded object that functions like that of a Wizards?? My plan is a Hexcrafter Magus who uses a Scythe as his weapon. I wanted to have a bonded staff that the scythe blade rests on so it will have a dual function. Though I am still considering taking the dip into Admixture Wizard for the Bonded Staff and Elemental changing abilities.

Yes but it will take two feats and a Charisma of 13 or higher.

Feat 1 - Skill Focus Knowledge (your choice)
Feat 2 - Eldritch Hertiage, Arcane Bloodline.

That's the only way I know of.

- Torger

This also gives the drawback of a bonded object too right? If he did not have the bonded item equiped he would have to make the spellcraft check to even cast the spell?

Absolutely yes.

*edit* concentration check actualy.

- Torger


KrythePhreak wrote:
I wanted to have a bonded staff that the scythe blade rests on so it will have a dual function.

That's a custom item, so check with your GM first to make sure it's acceptable.

Also, the Skirnir magus gets an arcane bond, but it has to be a shield.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

soulforger gets a weapon arcane bond.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Can a Magus get a Bonded Object All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.