GM Shared Prep


GM Discussion

351 to 400 of 678 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 *** Venture-Captain, Indiana—Southern

Dropbox could be another option as well, maybe?

5/5

CanisDirus wrote:
Dropbox could be another option as well, maybe?

Option that I've thought about ... but looking more towards a specific website that I can make better controls on... we lost a ton of information and I don't want it to happen again.

Dark Archive 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

No map extracts are OK... I'm queueing a ton of deletes based on that clarification from Liz.

Recreating the maps (including recreating a version of a mappack map) from scratch would be OK, but using extracts is very specifically NOT OK.

Webstore Gninja Minion

TetsujinOni wrote:

Recreating the maps (including recreating a version of a mappack map) from scratch would be OK, but using extracts is very specifically NOT OK.

Per the Community Use Policy...

Community Use Policy wrote:
You may use any of the text or artwork published in the Paizo Blog at paizo.com/paizo/blog, with the exception of excerpts of Planet Stories publications, Pathfinder Comics, and any logos and icons that aren't also in the Community Use Package. You may not use any photographs published in the blog (because those rights are usually not ours to offer). You may not use artwork, including maps, that have not been published in the blog, although you may create your own interpretations of material presented in our artwork and maps, provided that your interpretations don't look substantially similar to our materials.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Perhaps we need a monthly, bimonthly trek through the GM Shared Drive for offending items.

5/5

Myself and another are working on cleaning it up and moving it to a website ... Please bear with us as we also work full time and have stuff we're doing outside of gaming and work right now.

Please also do not delete things from the drive at this point. It will be cleaned up and offending/illegal items removed.

@Matthew -- I never wanted to have to be the babysitter for this project, it's huge and I don't have the time on my own to go through each and every upload to verify it's validity; this is a community driven site and as such needs to be policed by the community and by the members that upload to it.

I've been talking to a couple of people and will have some admin helpers as the admins will be the only ones with deletion rites to avoid this kind of thing happening again.

It's going to take time to get it all moved and set up.

Dark Archive 4/5

Just want to say thank you to all of you who keep the drive going! I know it's got to be a ton of work it's been a big help, especially with the High Tier prep.

4/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fluffy,

I backed up the entire shared prep folder on 1/3/14. Of course, I don't have anything from after that, but I can send you everything I do have? Unless you've already resolved the problem (with 8 pages of comments, I could easily have missed something...)

5/5

Amanda Plageman wrote:

Fluffy,

I backed up the entire shared prep folder on 1/3/14. Of course, I don't have anything from after that, but I can send you everything I do have? Unless you've already resolved the problem (with 8 pages of comments, I could easily have missed something...)

sent you a pm :)

4/5

I've upgraded the Item Hardness/HP calculator to an actual calculator. The old lookup tables are still accessible for anyone who prefers them.

I also added drop-downs to select special weapon and armor abilities. I haven't filled in the caster levels for all of the special abilities yet--mostly just those available in Ultimate Equipment. Please PM me or respond here if you run into any issues.

5/5 *** Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

I do need some help with a rather tedious task in relation to the new GM shared prep. If you've got a lot of spare time and want to lend a hand, please send me a PM.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Now I was just there and there is a season 1 and season 4 folders which look kinda empty. Has the grand migration commenced or did someone go delete murder on the site?

Dark Archive 5/5

Where did it all go??

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 * Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

Where oh where have my monster stats gone?

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Help Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome: You are my only hope!

*sends said Bunny to Tatooine until the problem is fixed :)

4/5

Looks like someone was cleaning out some folders and accidentally deleted a bunch. I sent a PM to the person who I think did it to see if they can undo/recover.

Silver Crusade 1/5

Hopefully it can be restored or people have back ups. Really too bad if it was all gone. :-(

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Like any good Gamer Geek I keep copies of all the stuff i have add personally, but it being the internet.. cant we just track down who deleted the stuff and then string them up from barbed hooks?

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas

Well, the way Google Drive works for me is that I [think I have the stuff that was deleted in my trash bin. I can try a "Restore" on it when I get home form work, and see if that does the trick.

And, no, it wasn't me, unless my PC is doing stuff while I am in bed, asleep, or at work with it turned off...

But, since it is Windows, maybeso....

5/5

The person in question has already been contacted by me, the deletion was an accident and no they cannot recover the files, which is why there is the migration ... please do not contact anyone regarding the file deletion.

Please be patient while things are being transferred over ... I have three people working on this for me as I honestly don't have the time right now with everything I've got going on.

There is going to be some temporary issues ... email pfssharedgmprep@gmail.com if you need something you know was there but can't find and I/we can get it sent to you ... as of yet we are not giving out the new website so that we can have it up and running before the onslaught starts lol.

Silver Crusade 1/5

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:

The person in question has already been contacted by me, the deletion was an accident and no they cannot recover the files, which is why there is the migration ... please do not contact anyone regarding the file deletion.

Please be patient while things are being transferred over ... I have three people working on this for me as I honestly don't have the time right now with everything I've got going on.

There is going to be some temporary issues ... email pfssharedgmprep@gmail.com if you need something you know was there but can't find and I/we can get it sent to you ... as of yet we are not giving out the new website so that we can have it up and running before the onslaught starts lol.

Thanks to you and the others working on getting the website up and running. I like the format of drive where the files would just be updated automatically, but unfortunately the feature that makes it so awesome is also the one that makes it problematic.

4/5

I have a copy of everything from November. Link here.

(Might not work. Trying to do this from my phone)

5/5

James Wheeler wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:

The person in question has already been contacted by me, the deletion was an accident and no they cannot recover the files, which is why there is the migration ... please do not contact anyone regarding the file deletion.

Please be patient while things are being transferred over ... I have three people working on this for me as I honestly don't have the time right now with everything I've got going on.

There is going to be some temporary issues ... email pfssharedgmprep@gmail.com if you need something you know was there but can't find and I/we can get it sent to you ... as of yet we are not giving out the new website so that we can have it up and running before the onslaught starts lol.

Thanks to you and the others working on getting the website up and running. I like the format of drive where the files would just be updated automatically, but unfortunately the feature that makes it so awesome is also the one that makes it problematic.

Exactly ... I was trying to avoid having to do a website so it could still be accessible ... but too many problems lately that make a website more feasible .. users will have upload/download permissions only so we can avoid having deletion issues going forward.

@Redward ... one of the ones helping me has mid-feb back ups so we'll be using that to restore what has recently been lost

Silver Crusade 1/5

The website will probably make it easier to patrol for things that shouldn't be up there as well.

Looking forward to seeing the final product and seeing how it is going to work.

4/5

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
@Redward ... one of the ones helping me has mid-feb back ups so we'll be using that to restore what has recently been lost

Understood. I shared it separately rather than copying it over to the shared folder to avoid interfering with the recovery efforts.

The Exchange 4/5

Late on this. Sorry about the invoice, not even sure how I did that...

I re-uploaded the Sub-tiers sheet that Nathan King put together (someone mentioned it was missing on Saturday)

4/5

I added an interactive sub-tier calculator I've been working on. I'm fairly certain it's accurate, but make sure to do a quick reality check when using it.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I realized that my laptop has most of the files copied over, thanks to Google Drive Sync. I'm in the process of copying everything back up to the drive.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Its okay Benrislove: There was enough information there so I was able to make Fake Credit cards to use :)

Grand Lodge 3/5

I just uploaded a test file to for everyone to play with for 5-15 Race to Seeker's Folly. It's a treasure tracker that will help judges calculate out gold quickly and it includes notes on what to mark off from the chronicle sheet.

I've put a small how-to note on the top, but all you need to do is change the word in the "Found" column to either a Yes or a No, the forumlas do the rest. This file does work on my android tablet and computer, but I haven't tested any other devices. Please watch out for changing formulas. I do have a backup on my personal drive, but please only change the Yes or No field.

I plan on trying this with other scenarios, but I wanted to get everyone's feedback on the style/formatting of this one before continuing.

Thanks everyone!

5/5 *

While the main drive/site is rebuilt, if anyone needs any of my monster stat files feel free to PM me

5/5 *** Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Things are going well in new site land.
I have found a disturbingly large number of maps while going though the old files and have not been transferring them.

If I can keep on top of things we should be able to open for up business next week.

As a note I could still use a volunteer or 2 for some tedious work.

The Exchange 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rob, you need to sell it better, like on "The Simpsons": To get people to show up for jury duty, the jury duty summons were jazzed up with comic books. "You have been chosen to join the Justice Squadron 8 a.m. Monday at the Municipal Fortress of Vengeance."

Silver Crusade 1/5

Rob what kind of help are you looking for? Depending on what it is I might be able to help.

5/5 *** Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

James Wheeler wrote:
Rob what kind of help are you looking for? Depending on what it is I might be able to help.

Using the Doug Miles approach: I'm looking for super awesome PFS superstars ready to do their duty and help populate the new site.

**You could be AWESOME**

Dark Archive 4/5 *

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
evillmonkey wrote:
I realized that my laptop has most of the files copied over, thanks to Google Drive Sync. I'm in the process of copying everything back up to the drive.

Evilmonkey, I just tried to pull a couple of files you put up for 4-23 Rivalry's End and they are locked. I cannot open them through the drive app on my PC nor through the drive website.

Pirate Rob wrote:
James Wheeler wrote:
Rob what kind of help are you looking for? Depending on what it is I might be able to help.

Using the Doug Miles approach: I'm looking for super awesome PFS superstars ready to do their duty and help populate the new site.

**You could be AWESOME**

Rob, is there anything I can do to help? I have limited time with two small children at home, but some technical knowledge/ability, though I am not a web developer.

5/5 *** Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

I've got most of the technical stuff taken care of, just uploading stuff and fixing our OGL page. I figure de-uglyfying can come later :)

Silver Crusade 1/5

Pirate Rob wrote:
James Wheeler wrote:
Rob what kind of help are you looking for? Depending on what it is I might be able to help.

Using the Doug Miles approach: I'm looking for super awesome PFS superstars ready to do their duty and help populate the new site.

**You could be AWESOME**

PM Sent

Lantern Lodge 5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Asia-Pacific

Liz Courts wrote:
TetsujinOni wrote:

Recreating the maps (including recreating a version of a mappack map) from scratch would be OK, but using extracts is very specifically NOT OK.

Per the Community Use Policy...

Community Use Policy wrote:
You may use any of the text or artwork published in the Paizo Blog at paizo.com/paizo/blog, with the exception of excerpts of Planet Stories publications, Pathfinder Comics, and any logos and icons that aren't also in the Community Use Package. You may not use any photographs published in the blog (because those rights are usually not ours to offer). You may not use artwork, including maps, that have not been published in the blog, although you may create your own interpretations of material presented in our artwork and maps, provided that your interpretations don't look substantially similar to our materials.

This is something I have been warning local players about for a while now.

To be honest, I'm surprised maps weren't removed from the GM Shared Prep drive sooner, as they're in clear violation of the Community Use Policy.

Pirate Rob wrote:
I have found a disturbingly large number of maps while going though the old files and have not been transferring them.

There are some talented creative people within the PFS community who could work to replace the GM Shared Prep drive maps with ones of their own creation, similar to these threads where members commission or share their character portraits:

Art of Your PFS Characters
Pathfinder Society Fan Art

Maybe someone could start a similar thread where the PFS community can show off maps of their own design and style, being original and creating new work (don't forget to include the Community Use notice on each map!), instead of simply copy/pasting a Paizo copyright map to the GM Shared Prep drive.

1/5 Venture-Agent, Utah—Logan

Hey All..
I've created some Combat Manager encounter files for the Tier 1-2 version of 04-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild. I would love to get them up on the share so other people can have access to them. Can I just email them to someone? I've got them in a .zip file. I figure that would be the easiest way to download them. I'm working on the Tier 4-5 version now and wouldn't mind sharing them as well once I'm done.

5/5

Dymond wrote:

Hey All..

I've created some Combat Manager encounter files for the Tier 1-2 version of 04-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild. I would love to get them up on the share so other people can have access to them. Can I just email them to someone? I've got them in a .zip file. I figure that would be the easiest way to download them. I'm working on the Tier 4-5 version now and wouldn't mind sharing them as well once I'm done.

you can email the to pfsgmshardprep@gmail.com .. just be sure that the subject line is "please upload to XX-XX scenario" so we know where they are going

Sczarni 1/5

Has everything recovered? I have a bunch of the images and documents backed up, if you're still missing things.

Grand Lodge 5/5

If anyone has prep stuff for curse of the riven sky module, that would be a great help. Running it at the con on Friday, last minute prep for the win...!

PM me!

Also anything that evil monkey uploaded doesn't work at all. I've tried 7 or 9 different documents

Sovereign Court 5/5 RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Thank you again Thea and everyone, for all the work done on the site!

5/5 *** Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East

As a note there are a bunch of .gdoc files on the drive at the moment which are basically worthless.

It looks like somebody tried replacing a bunch of the deleted files but just replaced them with the .gdoc shortcuts, which of course don't point to anything useful.

I'm getting quite close to where I feel comfortable sharing the new site publicly. Please note that it does NOT contain all the maps/chronicle sheets which had been uploaded to the site but do not belong there.

Obviously it also does not contain files which were deleted and not recovered. If, after it's open you find you have useful files that got missed/lost etc, feel free to upload them, or if you have a bunch and don't want to deal with it, send me a PM here or email and I can help get it done.

Sovereign Court 4/5

Viskous wrote:

If anyone has prep stuff for curse of the riven sky module, that would be a great help. Running it at the con on Friday, last minute prep for the win...!

PM me!

Also anything that evil monkey uploaded doesn't work at all. I've tried 7 or 9 different documents

I did have the monsters with templates done, but as Pirate Rob stated, most documents have been erased. Unfortunately google drive holds no version history, and I have no backups.

5/5

Thank you Rob for being so awesome and doing all the work on this (and the others helping you) life has been stupid crazy busy for me lately.

5/5 Venture-Agent, Canada—Ontario—Ottawa

Viskous wrote:

If anyone has prep stuff for curse of the riven sky module, that would be a great help. Running it at the con on Friday, last minute prep for the win...!

PM me!

Also anything that evil monkey uploaded doesn't work at all. I've tried 7 or 9 different documents

PM sent

The Exchange 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:

Thank you Rob for being so awesome and doing all the work on this (and the others helping you) life has been stupid crazy busy for me lately.

Hear, hear! Thanks Rob! You and your Justice Squadron cohorts have done the GM community a great service.

1/5 Venture-Agent, Utah—Logan

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
Dymond wrote:

Hey All..

I've created some Combat Manager encounter files for the Tier 1-2 version of 04-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild. I would love to get them up on the share so other people can have access to them. Can I just email them to someone? I've got them in a .zip file. I figure that would be the easiest way to download them. I'm working on the Tier 4-5 version now and wouldn't mind sharing them as well once I'm done.
you can email the to pfsgmshardprep@gmail.com .. just be sure that the subject line is "please upload to XX-XX scenario" so we know where they are going

HMM... It bounced when I sent it from my Yahoo.. I'll try from GMAIL..

wait I noticed the email says pfsgmshardprep@gmail.com

Should that be PFSGMSHAREDPREP?

351 to 400 of 678 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / GM Discussion / GM Shared Prep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.