Community Greetings! -- Guild Recruitment & Helpful Links


Pathfinder Online

51 to 100 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Goblin Squad Member

Gregg Reece wrote:
But what if that giant's shoulders are on fire.... *glances at avatar*

Well, I am a Wizard...

Goblin Squad Member

Hopefully, no one minds a casual bump of this thread.

Goblin Squad Member

Especially valid when a new poster joins.

Goblin Squad Member

Bringslite wrote:
Especially valid when a new poster joins.

Yes, Dergard's post about Character collision prompted this. I almost just linked this there, but then figured this could use a bump.

So, Dergard - and any other new posters/readers - welcome and I hope you find these lists useful :)

Goblin Squad Member

I'm just waiting for them to hire Nihimon as an official Goblinworks Community Manager.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

I thought this could use a Friday nudge so any new posters can see it.

TGIF, everyone!

Goblin Squad Member

Deianira wrote:

I thought this could use a Friday nudge so any new posters can see it.

TGIF, everyone!

And many thanks Deianira! The headline instantly catched my eye. Seems i managed to overlook this thread last week.

And kudos to Nihimon. I find this compilation to be very useful.

Err... vote sticky.

/bump

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Maybe we should make a list of vision & mission statements, gameplay & thematic styles, and other important information for many of the player organizations. For example, I'm into arcane magic and intellect, so I like groups who consider those things important. It's cool that the Seventh Veil seems not too focused on PvP (and Nihimon's posts are prolific and well-reasoned), but the 'mystery religion' aspect of the 7V backstory could be a turn-off. The Empyrean Order is populous and against griefing, but it may too militaristic for some.

Goblin Squad Member

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh! And we need something about their viewpoints on drinking. There's no way I'll be stuck with a bunch of teetotalers and temperance lunatics.

What? It's a valid concern!

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Virgil Firecask wrote:
Oh! And we need something about their viewpoints on drinking.

If their vision statement reads "Doubled & Blurry" you'll probably feel at home.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Keovar wrote:
Virgil Firecask wrote:
Oh! And we need something about their viewpoints on drinking.
If their vision statement reads "Doubled & Blurry" you'll probably feel at home.

Doubled? You mean there are supposed to be four of you?

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Virgil Firecask wrote:
Keovar wrote:
Virgil Firecask wrote:
Oh! And we need something about their viewpoints on drinking.
If their vision statement reads "Doubled & Blurry" you'll probably feel at home.
Doubled? You mean there are supposed to be four of you?

I think you're too drunk to handle the difference between multiplication and division right now. Be careful not to even attempt fractions in this state; it could prove fatal.

Goblin Squad Member

I know it has been stated often and I'm guessing the reason it hasn't happened yet is that GW and/or Paizo doesn't want to seem bias towards any particular forum user, but this thread really should be stickied. Continually bumping it does not make obvious to new users the difference between this thread and the usual discussion threads. This thread is a community service provided to better inform potential PFO players about the game we all intend to play, and as such, needs to be visible and readily accessible.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Keovar wrote:
... the 'mystery religion' aspect of the 7V backstory could be a turn-off.

For what it's worth, the whole "mystery religion" thing is a bit meta. We see the world of Golarion as an illusion, convinced that there is a greater "reality" behind it, and we're looking for holes in that illusion. It's a bit of a gloss to explain why plan to dedicate significant time to bug-hunting.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Keovar wrote:
Maybe we should make a list of vision & mission statements, gameplay & thematic styles, and other important information for many of the player organizations. For example, I'm into arcane magic and intellect, so I like groups who consider those things important. It's cool that the Seventh Veil seems not too focused on PvP (and Nihimon's posts are prolific and well-reasoned), but the 'mystery religion' aspect of the 7V backstory could be a turn-off. The Empyrean Order is populous and against griefing, but it may too militaristic for some.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about that earlier this week as I scanned the list for possible CCs for Deianira. The mission statement/gameplay/theme thing, not the mystery religion/militaristic one, that is! Short of asking everyone to repost their CC announcement, though, there isn't much that can be done except to encourage people to visit the various guild websites, or to post in the relevant guild thread here, with questions.

Lots of interesting concepts so far.

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Deianira wrote:
Keovar wrote:
Maybe we should make a list of vision & mission statements, gameplay & thematic styles, and other important information for many of the player organizations. For example, I'm into arcane magic and intellect, so I like groups who consider those things important. It's cool that the Seventh Veil seems not too focused on PvP (and Nihimon's posts are prolific and well-reasoned), but the 'mystery religion' aspect of the 7V backstory could be a turn-off. The Empyrean Order is populous and against griefing, but it may too militaristic for some.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about that earlier this week as I scanned the list for possible CCs for Deianira. The mission statement/gameplay/theme thing, not the mystery religion/militaristic one, that is! Short of asking everyone to repost their CC announcement, though, there isn't much that can be done except to encourage people to visit the various guild websites, or to post in the relevant guild thread here, with questions.

Lots of interesting concepts so far.

There is a list of all of the announcement threads, which is kept pretty much up to date.

There's not yet a standardized way of describing the various organizations, because we haven't figured out what the best standards are.

Goblin Squad Member

Deianira wrote:
Short of asking everyone to repost their CC announcement, though, there isn't much that can be done except to encourage people to visit the various guild websites, or to post in the relevant guild thread here, with questions.

I encourage all the guilds to give me a brief description of their guild that I can put next to it on that list. Most don't.

Scarab Sages Goblin Squad Member

Nihimon wrote:
Keovar wrote:
... the 'mystery religion' aspect of the 7V backstory could be a turn-off.
For what it's worth, the whole "mystery religion" thing is a bit meta. We see the world of Golarion as an illusion, convinced that there is a greater "reality" behind it, and we're looking for holes in that illusion. It's a bit of a gloss to explain why plan to dedicate significant time to bug-hunting.

So rending the seventh veil is basically like breaking the fourth wall? :P

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Giving this another nudge. I found it extremely useful when I first joined the forums, so I'd like to keep it visible for other new posters.

Goblin Squad Member

Seeing some new folks posting and wanted to give this another bump.

Goblin Squad Member

By all means. Wait, did I just bump it? *grins*

Goblin Squad Member

Having done more than my fair share of guard duty I can tell you, it is boring almost all of the time, and it is hoped to be by the powers that be.

Banditry or Piracy, based on the use of an ambush, is similar to guard duty. Most of the time it is "wait and hope". Wait minutes, even an hour, for a target to come by and then hope it is a reward worth the risk.

The ideas of having PCs actively guard and monitor player traffic in and out of a settlement strikes me as being a play style / activity that few will find appealing. Players will not likely provide the frequency of content to make it viable.

Bandits will not have the same problem in that they are not looking for a wrong doer, they are looking for a player doing the right thing ( traveling). Bandits can adjust their opportunity for targets by moving closer to settled hexes, but this brings more risk.

There could be a PvE solution to the potential boredom. It might already be planned as part of the Escalation system that NPC / Monster Mobs will make attempts to infiltrate settlements or travel roads as part of a neutral or good escalation.

Goblin Squad Member

This thread fell too far behind. It needs a bump...

...done.

Goblin Squad Member

Seeing some new faces, so /bump.

I hope you find the links in the OP useful :)

Goblin Squad Member

/nudge

Goblin Squad Member

/more nudge

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Just a little nudge so new people see this.

Goblin Squad Member

Deianira, you sly woman, you...I will not be out nudged.

Goblin Squad Member

I've added a new section to the list for Reference Posts to Guild Recruitment & Helpful Links.

The intent is to list meaty developer posts that explain their thinking on some system. As more posts get linked here, I'll try to give them some reasonable organization. I would also very much appreciate your help in flagging such posts. Just PM me a link, or post something in this thread.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Hobs the Short wrote:
Deianira, you sly woman, you...I will not be out nudged.

Hah!

<nudge>

Goblin Squad Member

@Gedichtewicht, this is the thread to /bump if you're so inclined :)

Goblin Squad Member

@Nihimon, challenge accepted :)

Goblin Squad Member

/bump

Guild Recruitment & Helpful Links

Goblin Squad Member

/bump

Goblin Squad Member

You look like that's getting pretty tiring to do...let me help.

Goblin Squad Member

Ohhh, look what i found. lets pick it up

Goblin Squad Member

/bump

...ahhh, that new book everyone is talking about, what was the title again?

Goblin Squad Member

/bump

what´s it about?
lets see...

"Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

what kind of language is that suposed to be?

Goblin Squad Member

My turn to bring the Nihimonicon to the top. Over the long weekend, perhaps we'll have folks see it for the first time.

Goblin Squad Member

3 people marked this as a favorite.

...speaking of books, mine is now with my editors. Hopefully soon it will be on Amazon.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Being wrote:
...speaking of books, mine is now with my editors. Hopefully soon it will be on Amazon.

Congratulations! That's a MAJOR accomplishment!

Goblin Squad Member

It feels like it: I keep thinking of things I should have expanded on, but I recognize I am 'wordy' and must apply self-discipline. A large part of doing something is knowing when to stop. Besides, I can start the follow-on volume for which I have some (I think) really interesting ideas.

Goblin Squad Member

would you kindly supply a link when it hits the shelfs?
if you don´t want to advertice here, a pm would be appreciated:)

Goblin Squad Member

+1 to Gedichtewicht's request.

Goblin Squad Member

Me, too, please.

Goblin Squad Member

Oh count on it. I asked her and Lisa generously said I could post a notice here once and once in the Books forum.

I do wish to avoid spamming the forums. Such generosity is to be cherished and honored. If any wish to know more detail please PM me and I will do my best to respond adequately.

Goblin Squad Member

I'm seeing some unfamiliar names posting, so I'm going to bump this again.

I hope you generally find the community here welcoming and friendly. A great many of us try to be helpful in answering questions - even if they've been asked before.

Goblin Squad Member

A good tool should remain ready at hand.

Goblin Squad Member

Being wrote:
A good tool should remain ready at hand.

Aye!

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oooh! Nice Avatar, Gedichtewicht :)

51 to 100 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Licensed Products / Digital Games / Pathfinder Online / Community Greetings! -- Guild Recruitment & Helpful Links All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.