How can a lone, inexperienced player contribute to the playtest?


Mythic Adventures Playtest General Discussion


While I always have the rules handy, I'm not an experienced player so I'm unfamiliar with what tends to happen in games. Also, I don't even have a group to begin with. Is there anything I can to to contribute to the playtest?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
AlgaeNymph wrote:
While I always have the rules handy, I'm not an experienced player so I'm unfamiliar with what tends to happen in games. Also, I don't even have a group to begin with. Is there anything I can to to contribute to the playtest?

Play.

Either find some people or join in one of hte PBP's on board here who are setting something up.

But that's the thing... the only way to help in a playtest.... is to play.

Theorycrafters are a dime a dozen.


If anyone would be willing to loan me a PDF of an AP I would gladly GM it, and you would get first dibs to be a player!


EDIT!!

It was brought to my attention that sharing the PDF is against the Terms of Sale. My apologies for the suggestion, I had not read that before posting the above.


I think reading the rules for clarity could be useful especially given your low familiarity, could provide a novice angle that more experienced people would miss.


I agree with the above posters, but more specifically try a local gaming store or better yet, an online gaming guild in your area. The Pathfinder Society is also an option if you want to get active in the hobby, but can't always find a group.


Pendin Fust wrote:

EDIT!!

It was brought to my attention that sharing the PDF is against the Terms of Sale. My apologies for the suggestion, I had not read that before posting the above.

The playtest pdf is available for free in the store.


Threeshades wrote:
Pendin Fust wrote:

EDIT!!

It was brought to my attention that sharing the PDF is against the Terms of Sale. My apologies for the suggestion, I had not read that before posting the above.

The playtest pdf is available for free in the store.

Well, he meant like an adventure PDF. That isn't free. The way I understand it (and please correct me if I am misunderstanding) is you can share PDFs among your LOCAL gaming group (not online groups) for your games, but if one of your friends uploads the book to a pirate site, that's on you.

That aaid, there are many great single adventures from Paizo, all under $10. The adventure paths cost a bit more, but then they are more in depth.


Lorimir wrote:


I agree with the above posters, but more specifically try a local gaming store or better yet, an online gaming guild in your area. The Pathfinder Society is also an option if you want to get active in the hobby, but can't always find a group.

If you don't live like 100 miles from the nearest official groups, like me. I'm about 75 miles from Kansas City, Kansas and the nearest Pathfinder Society Venture-Captain and games are in Kansas City, Missouri. So that's 75 miles just to KCK, nevermind KC being the largest city in KS, 2nd largest in MO.


AbsolutGrndZer0 wrote:


Well, he meant like an adventure PDF. That isn't free. The way I understand it (and please correct me if I am misunderstanding) is you can share PDFs among your LOCAL gaming group (not online groups) for your games, but if one of your friends uploads the book to a pirate site, that's on you.

That aaid, there are many great single adventures from Paizo, all under $10. The adventure paths cost a bit more, but then they are more in depth.

Yep, I meant a normal AP. I just subscribed though :) Had to wait till payday, as soon as I receive the other one I bought (Curse of the Crimson Throne #1) then I'll probably start a PbP thread in Gameplay.

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Mythic Adventures Playtest / General Discussion / How can a lone, inexperienced player contribute to the playtest? All Messageboards
Recent threads in General Discussion